AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2010-12-19, 09:51   Link #1921
rakusukira

Why did Destiny fail??

1) they should never have made Shinn the main character.. damn, they UNDERSTOOD very well that Kira's fanbase is HUUUUUUGE... why did they even DECIDE to write Shinn's character???

2) Shinn was totally unreachable emotionally and as a character.. his lines suck, his way of thinking, and why is he so childish when in fact he is a trained soldier?? meh! Kira had more reason to be emotional back in SEED.. in DESTINY, Kira lost all emotion.. and that sucked big time

3) Kira should have been the main character from the very beginning.. his story and background could have been explored more thoroughly.. including that of Athrun and Lacus' past lives in the PLANTS (damn, we never got to know their mothers that well)

4) Cagalli should not have become whiny in Destiny.. where is the strong girl in her?? it disappeared and instead she was shown to have this kind of obsession over Athrun for dumping her

5) Lacus' use could have been more elaborated. Damnit, she did a lot of stunts back in SEED.. why has she become so dependent on KIRA??

6) Minerva?? really, that ship and it's crew were pathetic as hell.. atleast Rey and Dullindal were likable characters..

7) Damnit, they should have lengthened Yzak and Dearka's screen time.. and what the hell was with that stupid break up between Dearka and Milly??

OVER ALL.. THE STORY WAS WRITTEN POORLY.. NO CHARACTERS ARE TO BE BLAMED..
rakusukira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-20, 01:23   Link #1922
RisArk

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaito-kid View Post
awwww~ Poor you, it must suck to be you

ow and just a fun reminder to everyone:
Destiny didn't fail! In fact it's the 2nd most successful Gundam series to date~ In terms of, popularity, ratings, sailes, revenue, ect Destiny was HUGE in the country where it matters the most... Fun facts, just putting it out there..
Good god, still pulling the money=quality card?
RisArk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-20, 01:36   Link #1923
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RisArk View Post
Good god, still pulling the money=quality card?
Money probably doesn't reflect on quality, but it's as meaningful as you can get when you're talking about whether or not a TV series has failed. Everything else is largely a matter of taste.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-20, 06:12   Link #1924
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstert View Post
Money probably doesn't reflect on quality, but it's as meaningful as you can get when you're talking about whether or not a TV series has failed. Everything else is largely a matter of taste.
Exactly while I will admit that Gundam Seed Destiny shouldn't be considered a good anime, I also wouldn't call it the worst Gundam series since it actually was able to put forth ideas that actually made sense, and Durandal was a great villain.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-20, 09:51   Link #1925
RES-01 Perses Gundam
A Contradiction Beneath

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakusukira View Post
Why did Destiny fail??

1) they should never have made Shinn the main character.. damn, they UNDERSTOOD very well that Kira's fanbase is HUUUUUUGE... why did they even DECIDE to write Shinn's character???

2) Shinn was totally unreachable emotionally and as a character.. his lines suck, his way of thinking, and why is he so childish when in fact he is a trained soldier?? meh! Kira had more reason to be emotional back in SEED.. in DESTINY, Kira lost all emotion.. and that sucked big time

3) Kira should have been the main character from the very beginning.. his story and background could have been explored more thoroughly.. including that of Athrun and Lacus' past lives in the PLANTS (damn, we never got to know their mothers that well)

4) Cagalli should not have become whiny in Destiny.. where is the strong girl in her?? it disappeared and instead she was shown to have this kind of obsession over Athrun for dumping her

5) Lacus' use could have been more elaborated. Damnit, she did a lot of stunts back in SEED.. why has she become so dependent on KIRA??

6) Minerva?? really, that ship and it's crew were pathetic as hell.. atleast Rey and Dullindal were likable characters..

7) Damnit, they should have lengthened Yzak and Dearka's screen time.. and what the hell was with that stupid break up between Dearka and Milly??

OVER ALL.. THE STORY WAS WRITTEN POORLY.. NO CHARACTERS ARE TO BE BLAMED..
1. Might as well continue Seed instead.

2. Think in Shinn's place.

3. How would they contribute to the story?

4. She lost her father, her boyfriend. Imagine that occurring to you.

5. Because people like you prop up Kira. Then Lacus had no choice but to suck up to him too.

6. Are you likeable enough to comment that fictional characters aren't likeable?

7. They are Seed's people. This is GSD. Because love is cruel, unimaginable and unexpected.
RES-01 Perses Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-20, 13:50   Link #1926
Washu-Chan
Powered by AMD Athrun 64

Other than the fact that she's the most popular female character in SEED (and barring the crazy rumors), I'm wondering if Morosawa is very overprotective of Lacus? As one poster and myself mentioned, Morosawa said in an interview that Athrun and Lacus were her favorite characters.
Old 2010-12-20, 21:48   Link #1927
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaito-kid View Post
awwww~ Poor you, it must suck to be you

ow and just a fun reminder to everyone:
Destiny didn't fail! In fact it's the 2nd most successful Gundam series to date~ In terms of, popularity, ratings, sailes, revenue, ect Destiny was HUGE in the country where it matters the most... Fun facts, just putting it out there..
The exact same thing can be said about the Twilight series.

But is that any good?

Point proven.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-20, 23:04   Link #1928
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
The exact same thing can be said about the Twilight series.

But is that any good?

Point proven.
I don't read Twilight, (but my best friend's sister does) but I don't see what's the hype since most girls I asked can't seem to answer my question other than the fact that it's the best novel series they've read.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-20, 23:46   Link #1929
Washu-Chan