AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-16, 08:41   Link #1041
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

I'm still laughing. Really.

Old 2009-07-16, 21:24   Link #1042
Somnus
Eh?

...I've...never seen a case of denial this bad. When you two (Shiroth and Beto) stop laughing (though I can't blame you) care to help me out here? lol
Old 2009-07-17, 01:19   Link #1043
ShootingStars

Man I am reading this manga again... its good. I should do a push-up confession.
Stupid Nishino.
Old 2009-07-17, 03:29   Link #1044
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somnus View Post
...I've...never seen a case of denial this bad. When you two (Shiroth and Beto) stop laughing (though I can't blame you) care to help me out here? lol
I've said all that needs to be said, so i'll just carry on laughing.
Old 2009-07-17, 13:00   Link #1045
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I've said all that needs to be said, so i'll just carry on laughing.
So will I. Don't mind us, dude.

Old 2009-07-30, 19:35   Link #1046
ShootingStars

I was reading this the 2nd time, and am up to volume 18...

There are so many problems the author made...
Manaka clearly likes Toujou more when he let go of his hand when he met her brother...
If Manaka did not mention Nishino before the movie, he probably would've ended up with Toujou... T_T
If Nishino did not come to school Manaka would've got Toujou's food...

The thing is, the author made it so Nishino did it before Toujou did... which makes me PISSED! I can understand Nishino though.

QUESTION: Did Manaka hear what Toujou said behind the door? I don't understand his reaction to that...

ARG! This manga just isn't fair like other mangas.
It was so obvious Manaka decided to answer Nishino because he thought Toujou had a guy already EVEN THOUGH in the beginning he said he trusts her... ._. like what the **** dude... you could've asked or confirmed instead of assuming... it shows that Manaka gives up easily... -.-

edit: I just read the last volume for the 2nd time again. Once Toujou said she had gotten over him and could move on, it was all over for Toujou fans. It's really stupid really... goes to show how coincidences can change anything. I feel really sorry for Toujou... pains me inside thinking about what happened.

Last edited by ShootingStars; 2009-07-30 at 22:22.
Old 2009-07-30, 23:08   Link #1047
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootingStars View Post
I just read the last volume for the 2nd time again. Once Toujou said she had gotten over him and could move on, it was all over for Toujou fans. It's really stupid really... goes to show how coincidences can change anything. I feel really sorry for Toujou... pains me inside thinking about what happened.
toujou lost because of her shyness. Satsuki lost because of her aggressiveness. Only the most normal girl won.
Old 2009-07-30, 23:59   Link #1048
ShootingStars

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
toujou lost because of her shyness. Satsuki lost because of her aggressiveness. Only the most normal girl won.
she may of have been shy but if the attempts she made near the end of the book were before Nishino's the ending would of changed completely

the reason for her loss is also Manaka's trust in her... he said he trusted her when she has a guy for the love sanctuary
after she avoided him because she lost her bra he just assumed crap and thought she really did have a guy... seriously he could have of asked her but he never confirmed and just went crying to Nishino...

even Manaka says it in the manga... if etc. had happened Toujou would've surely won him over

through this 2nd reading i was rooting for nishino but near the last volumes my mind changed to Toujou...
Old 2009-07-31, 05:55   Link #1049
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

I still prefer Satsuki... but I was happy for Nishino, after all.

Old 2009-07-31, 06:33   Link #1050
kuru moon

Quote:
she may of have been shy but if the attempts she made near the end of the book were before Nishino's the ending would of changed completely

even Manaka says it in the manga... if etc. had happened Toujou would've surely won him over
That might be true, but she still had one last chance when Manaka&Nishino decide to break up.

If she really want him, she could try it again. But no, she did nothing at all. I really love the ending because Manaka, who is constantly fickle, are manly enough to prove Nishino that he always long only for her.
Old 2009-07-31, 07:40   Link #1051
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
I still prefer Satsuki... but I was happy for Nishino, after all.
satsuki was my favorite and the one i was rooting for.
Old 2009-07-31, 08:33   Link #1052
justavisitor

Quote:
through this 2nd reading i was rooting for nishino but near the last volumes my mind changed to Toujou...
That is exactly what I experienced when I reread the manga. I had to cheer for Aya again when the last movie arc started

I heard from a rumor that the author had to make the Nishino ending because at that time Nishino fans were the majority...anyway what's done is done

I think the ending is kind of crappy. So if I am going to reread this manga for the third time, I will read up to chapter 152 and then switch to chapter 152.5 instead
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
Old 2009-07-31, 08:55   Link #1053
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
I heard from a rumor that the author had to make the Nishino ending because at that time Nishino fans were the majority...anyway what's done is done
& this just sounds like an excuse made by a Toujou fan.
Old 2009-07-31, 09:01   Link #1054
justavisitor

lol, I stated that's just a rumor XD

And that rushed ending (especially that part, "no Aya confessed to me, and I better run to Nishino's house to have intimate relationship") doesn't help to clarify that rumor either

But then again, almost every manga kind of has a rushed ending

Anyway, as I said, what's done is done
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
Old 2009-07-31, 11:55   Link #1055
ShootingStars

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuru moon View Post
That might be true, but she still had one last chance when Manaka&Nishino decide to break up.

If she really want him, she could try it again. But no, she did nothing at all. I really love the ending because Manaka, who is constantly fickle, are manly enough to prove Nishino that he always long only for her.
I don't believe this at all. He wasn't manly at all. All he did was cry to Nishino... and to help him take the pain of Toujou's confession and novels... notice how Nishino ALWAYS leads him around when they are dating... when he's around Toujou he actually makes the moves.

If he had not assumed Toujou had a BF and he was her brother he would NOT have gone that far with Nishino in the first place... it's this insecurity that made the situation favor to Nishino... even Nishino knew Toujou and him had strong feelings for each other. She was afraid they would break up because of it. She wanted to win so bad... -.-

The only thing I am glad for is that in the end they have still becomes friends... although it makes me really pissed that Manaka is like I still got to make that movie about the novel... I mean, come on, your relationship with her is practically over -_- and you're still going on about that? FOR A FRIEND? Wow, dude, if that is so, maybe he should hit it up with Satsuki to satisfy her...

I did some googling:

"Well actually, there is an alternate ending for our dear Toujou Aya, but it is a drama CD.

With no translation."

OMG... anyone find a translation?

Last edited by ShootingStars; 2009-07-31 at 16:04.
Old 2009-08-11, 14:16   Link #1056
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

I just re- read this manga and I still like the ending. Manaka sure did piss me off at times though.. particularly with how he handled Satsuki. I would have liked if some things were a little different but I'm not the author and will appreciate what we were given to read.
Old 2009-08-20, 01:24   Link #1057
ufobaby

hello there everyone...this is my first writing in this forum...though i've been reading this thread for over a year when I finished reading the manga...I've reread the manga many times before and my last rereading a couple of days ago made me back to this forum again....

well since it's my first post allow me to express my feelings about the manga...though I'll not be stating whom should Manaka end up with...nor say I'm a fan of XXXXXXX girl to avoid being accused of being biased....but allow me first to comment on some previous posts that had me tick:

Quote:
Originally Posted by migishima View Post
hi all!

before i continue, i would like to say...I'M A NISHINO FAN...I LIKE HER THE MOST...coz she is the cutest among em...

i have to say...I DON'T LIKE THE ENDING...why?

this is a manga, not reality...destiny is something vital for manga...while u think u can change the destiny in reality...
i mean...the main hero (manaka) supposed to end up with the main heroine (toujo)...if he end up with the secondary heroine (nishino)...then its a secondary ending too...
so its not the best ending...although its not a bad ending...

...but by the ending, i feel like when i read the last volume, it seems like its not ichigo 100% anymore...more like ichigo 75% ???
coz the appearance of another girl (like nishino) supposed to be some kind of obstacle to reach the completion of the main mission...
the main mission is clearly stated in the title, ichigo 100%...so its about the strawberry girl, that girl is toujo...not nishino...
so i should say that the mission failed in the last volume and became ichigo 75%

but! if u still persist that we should use our logical thinking...okay, i would say...
we as the readers were made to believe from the 1st volume until volume 18, that manaka would end up with toujo in the end...
the appearance of amachi is one strong point to it....manaka always trying to prevent amachi to chase toujo like manaka is the one that would end up
with toujo...
and kawashita mizuki sensei show it by the most scenes r dedicated to toujo...and of course by the title too, ichigo 100%...
and its mean its dedicated for the strawberry girl, and that girl is toujo...not nishino...
but why did kawashita mizuki sensei keep convincing us that manaka would end up with toujo (ichigo100%) until vol.18 but suddenly at vol.19
she change it to nishino (ichigo75%) ?
i think she did it on purpose! she suddenly spin the plot like that to make the fans keep arguing about it...so people would feel uneasy and couldn't easily forgeting this manga...
she can control everything as she like since she is the author...thats reality...thats the logical thinking...
so if u keep persist to see it from the logical thinking, the conlusion is : this is a manga, everything happened was made by
the author...so any love can suddenly lost if the author wanted to...

thats what i don't like from the ending...
i mean, it's not about cliche...it's not about which girl that i love most...its about how the author can keep it consistent...
as i said before...i admit it that i love nishino the best! i don't really like toujo,satsuki and the others...
but it doesn't mean i have to agree with the inconsistent ending like that...if she said the title was ichigo 100% then she should end it like ichigo 100%!
for example...if the title BATMAN & ROBIN...no matter how u hate ROBIN...we still can't replace him with BATGIRL...except if we change the title
to BATMAN & BATGIRL...what the hell???
and if u think that if manaka >< toujo ending would become another cliche...
what about..."SON GOKU and the others finally can beat majin boo in the end of DRAGONBALL"...do u think that it was another cliche from the similiar action manga too?

but if u ask me which girl that i love most...i'll always state...NISHINO TSUKASA!
i just don't like the inconsistent ending!
wow yeah the point about a story should be consistent is agreeable to me, but is ICHIGO 100% really INCONSISTENT? Let's see:

1. Chapter 1 (page 2-3) The author introduces the MAIN CHARACTERS of the story namely JUNPEI, AYA and TSUKASA...(when your NEW to reading this manga this page should imply so).

2. BOTH Aya and Tsukasa were given introduction to Junpei BEFORE the identity of the strawberry panties girl was revealed.

What's the point? NISHINO is NOT a SECONDARY character...She was introduced as one of the main characters with Manaka and Toujou...

and to that I may add, Ichigo 100% is not just purely about the love progress between Aya and Junpei but about the LOVE TRIANGLE relationship among Aya, Tsukasa and Junpei.

With regards to the inconsistency of the title:

if the title Ichigo 100% was meant just for the strawberry panties girl (Aya), that would not make sense as we are introduced with 3 MAIN characters not just Aya.

if the title Ichigo 100% was also meant to be only about Junpei chasing the strawberry panties girl, not only it would not make sense because it would mean that there are only 2 main characters, but also it would mean at the ending Junpei decides like "oh Aya I love you because you're the Strawberry panties girl!" (based on the "consistency" thing).

It's just my own analogy, but I think the author meant the title Ichigo 100% is all about:
"The vision of the strawberry panties at the roof itself that lead Junpei to meet the 2 most important girls of his life."

With regards to the author hinting about the girl that Junpei is going to end with, I think both Toujou and Nishino were equally hinted with highest possibilities for Junpei. ( I'm Talking about ToujouxManaka and NishinoxManaka moments. )

In my Opinion, the reason why most people insist Toujou should end up with Manaka is that:

TOUJOU's character is a STEREOTYPICAL HEROINE in a romance shounen manga (shy, timid girl who who gets his man after clearing all misunderstandings between them),

While NISHINO's character is also one of the STEREOTYPICAL TRAGIC HEROINE in a romance shounen manga (girl who likes the hero but has to give up due to either her feeling of guilt towards the heroine girl or The man simply chooses the heroine over her).

In Ichigo 100%'s case, BOTH TYPES of heroines are INTRODUCED as MAIN HEROINES with EQUAL POSSIBILITIES to WIN his man. but since these types of heroines have their own stereotypes, Most readers who might have read other romance shounen mangas would normally expect the TYPICAL HEROINE(Toujou) to win. Surprisingly, the TYPICAL TRAGIC HEROINE WON, breaking the expectations of many.

while many were disappointed at the ending, I feel very satisfied with the ending (though I will have to agree with Vexx that an Axe was put down to chop off the story).

I've read other Shounen romance and everytime I feel sorry for the TRAGIC HEROINE characters because no matter how hard they try to prove themselves and their relationship valuable to their loved ones, they are always meant to lose in the battle with the TYPICAL HEROINE.

I find Ichigo 100% plot better than other shounen romances as not only the author gave chance for the TYPICAL TRAGIC HEROINE(Nishino) to go on a fair battle with a TYPICAL HEROINE(Toujou) but also shows the readers how the TYPICAL TRAGIC HEROINE types can WIN their love. This manga definitely BREAKS STEREOTYPES of CHARACTERS.

sorry I know this was from a very old post but I think his point needs to answered.
I wonder if I did, I do agree that the story should be consistent, but I also want to emphasize that Ichigo 100% is consistent, on top of that, a great manga.

As for Toujou x Manaka fans, I suddenly remembered a song that i think fits their relationship and the line from that song is:

"It's so sad to belong to someone else when the RIGHT ONE comes along."

As for Manaka Junpei,

or I think the challenge of this manga itself

is from the line of this song:

"Are you gonna STAY with the ONE who LOVES YOU? or Are you GOING BACK to the ONE YOU LOVE?"

I think that will be all for now...thanks for reading. XD

Last edited by ufobaby; 2009-08-20 at 03:38.
Old 2009-08-20, 06:14   Link #1058
db84x

Send a message via Yahoo to db84x
Maybe the problem for Aya fanboy because story betwen Valentine until Nishino departure not shown. I think that crucial moment when Junpei realise that ONLY NISHINO will always REMAIN with him despite his indeceisive attitude. Too bad author already to tired for continue it futher, if story betwen Junpei and Nishino in that time revealed maybe Aya fanboy will shut up.
Old 2009-08-20, 07:13   Link #1059
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by db84x View Post
Maybe the problem for Aya fanboy because story betwen Valentine until Nishino departure not shown. I think that crucial moment when Junpei realise that ONLY NISHINO will always REMAIN with him despite his indeceisive attitude. Too bad author already to tired for continue it futher, if story betwen Junpei and Nishino in that time revealed maybe Aya fanboy will shut up.
some people have said the author didn't give a 100% closure to the story to leave it open for a continuation. I like manga that show the couple happily married and with kids, this happens more often in shoujo-jousei manga than in shounen or seinen manga. I think the last non shoujo manga i've read where they showed the couple happily married and living together was Ai yori aoshi and this one falls under seinen.
Old 2009-08-20, 08:51   Link #1060
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

"Some people have said" is still a rumor. We don't know if that ending wasn't what the author had in mind from the beginning, any more than we do - I sure do not remember her ever coming out and saying outright that she bowed to some kind of peer pressure to end her story like that or some such... So, all we have left is speculation, right?

Closed Thread

Tags
drama, perverted, romance, shounen