AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2016-04-01, 15:58   Link #81
Kartaen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Mayura is stronger. It was stated that she has more enchanted power. Benio has more experience but is weak on raw power.
I don't remember where it was stated. Seigen only said that if he trained her from the childhood than she probably would have been stronger than Benio. But Mayura trained only for 2 years. Obviously it isn't enough to surpass Benio. It's just that last Benio's oneshot made power balance between girls kinda messy.

Quote:
Yuuto was still just toying with her. He could have stopped her at any moment, but he didn't because he was aware she was going to run out of power soon.
We don't know that for sure. He made at least two attempts to counter her with his impurity arm and failed. When Benio had her enchant powers it was his one-sided beating, because he simply wasn't able to catch up to her speed or was overpowered.
Besides, Yuuto is simply too strong. In the end he survived Roku's strongest power up with frendship power in the last punch(which is way more stronger than Benio's power up), so whats your point? Why Benio's power up in that fight was useless? To accept her as usefull she must had defeat Yuuto's strongest form by herself or what?
Kartaen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-01, 21:48   Link #82
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kartaen View Post
I don't remember where it was stated. Seigen only said that if he trained her from the childhood than she probably would have been stronger than Benio.
He said that because she has more enchanted power than Benio. Training wouldn't mean a thing if she didn't have that potential.

That's why I'm hoping that unlocking her guarding will have the side effect of increasing Benio's enchanted power poll. Right now her main point is speed but she lacks strength. That makes her ineffective against basara-level enemies.

Quote:
We don't know that for sure.
He said so himself. He could be lying but I'll take his word for it until proven otherwise.

Quote:
whats your point? Why Benio's power up in that fight was useless? To accept her as usefull she must had defeat Yuuto's strongest form by herself or what?
My point is that she's considerably less competent than Rokuro when fighting really strong enemies. I don't know how they compare in terms of power, but it's clear as day that Rokuro is more effective than she is. They're supposed to be the "twin start exorcists" so I was expecting them to be more on par with each other. That's clearly not the case.
Old 2016-04-02, 00:58   Link #83
Kartaen

Kazu-kun, I think her problem isn't in power, but in durability. Others characters can survive many strong attacks, while she cann't. And thats when she can equip 5 or 6 gears at once, while Rokuro and Mayura only 2.
Other than that I agree with you. Hope that in the future they will be more on equal terms when fighting someone.
Kartaen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-06, 10:50   Link #84
RDNexus

For those watching the series... Is it just me or was this Ep01 more Anime-Original than Manga-Adapted?
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-06, 12:02   Link #85
NeutralZero

not anime original but they just expand some scenes
like why Benio was there when Roku was on the bridge...
that aside
curse you 30... hope it is not a permanent thing...
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-06, 12:05   Link #86
RDNexus

"curse you 30"? What do you mean?
Old 2016-04-06, 12:07   Link #87
NeutralZero

ch 30 raw just saw it along with 29
thigs get from bad to worse
Blazing Kyogre was right
it was a pleasant surprice... not too pleasant...
Old 2016-04-06, 12:16   Link #88
RDNexus

I've yet to read Ch29, since it hasn't yet been released in english. Man, that's screwed up...
Old 2016-04-09, 09:11   Link #89
Lucarion
The Hegemon-King of Chu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazingKyogre View Post
Is there any evil Abe no Seimei female equivalent?
My bet's on her guardian being Shuten Doji--the King of Oni. I mean it makes sense, since Shuten Doji supposedly met Seimei when the latter found his hideout, and there are stories of Shuten Doji actually being a female oni rather than a male one.

Quote:
No, the child that appeared was Rokuro's guardian, Abe no Seimei.

But Abe no Seimei isn't the Miko. The Miko is supposed to be the ultimate warrior, someone who combines the power of the exorcists (yin) and the power of the impurities (yan). Rokura has the "yin" power, and Benio has the "yan" power (that's why her guardian is made of darkness). Their child will inherent both powers combined.

You got it in reverse. "Yang" is male; "Yin" is female. Rokuro is Yang and Benio is Yin. Positive and Negative. White and Black. The two universal energies. Combine both and you get the essence of "Tao"--which is important in onmyoudo. Seimei's himself as a great example of what happens when the two energies are blended harmoniously as he's the child of a human and a yokai--he inherited his "yang" from him human father, and his "yin" from his kitsune (who are sometimes said to be made of pure yin) mother.

Last edited by Lucarion; 2016-04-09 at 09:22.
Lucarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-09, 10:30   Link #90
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucarion View Post
Seimei's himself as a great example of what happens when the two energies are blended harmoniously as he's the child of a human and a yokai--he inherited his "yang" from him human father, and his "yin" from his kitsune (who are sometimes said to be made of pure yin) mother.
In this series Seimei only has the "yang" as you can see it on Rokuro's back when his guarding is released. And if you read chapter 29, you can see the "yin" on Benio's back.

Seimei might have a youkai mother, but a youkai isn't an impurity (kegare). In this series, the "yin" is the enchanted power of the impurities which is a reverse of the onmyouji enchanted power, the "yang". Benio has the "yin" on her back because her guarding is an impurity.

The experiment Yuuto performed on the kids of his dormitory was about mixing "yang" and "yin" enchanted powers together.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2016-04-09 at 11:10.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-09, 22:40   Link #91
BladeMancer
TheBladeThatRivesDivinity

Idk why author set this up as harem. It's obvious that Benio has the incredibly huge advantage of arranged marriage, anyways I do like this series and I will read more.
Frequent use will make it dull and brittle; it's ill sheen reflecting the wielder's lost virtues and strength. Thus comes the saying that the ire of the calm, kind and gentle forges with vengful fire a fearsome bladed edge. Pray for those whose image reflects off it, for it may only stop through reconcilatory waters or icy voids of the end.
BladeMancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-10, 02:50   Link #92
NeutralZero

Is this even a harem?
pretty sure the monologue of their child was there
so any ship aside from them is as good as sunk or have never left the port
kinda like HIMYM...
Old 2016-04-10, 04:18   Link #93
konart

Where do you get this garem from? Love triangle - yes. There is no 4th girl (or any other numbers of girls, and no HC's little sister was out of question from the very beggining)
Old 2016-04-10, 12:21   Link #94
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
HC's little sister was out of question from the very beggining
Why? She's in love with Rokuro. The fact that she doesn't stand a chance is irrelevant. If there are three or more girls who like the main character, that's a harem. Here's we have Benio, Mayura and Sayo. Even if we know Benio wins by default, the harem is still there.
Old 2016-04-10, 15:56   Link #95
NeutralZero

but is she trully in love with him?
her affection seems more of admiration to a hero than romantic feelings...
Old 2016-04-10, 16:47   Link #96
Kazu-kun

She has the hots for him. Whether it's just a crush or more is besides the point. It's not like she stands a chance either way.
Old 2016-04-11, 17:02   Link #97
KLGChaos
The Shermain

So, I'm on chapter 14 now and this really seems to be a hero punishment manga. You've got a couple of weak protagonists constantly fighting boring invincible villains who they can't even scratch. There's no fun in that and from what I see, it's just going to get worse.

Not sure if I'll be able to keep interest when the heroes just keep getting their butts handed to them and have to get saved every time.
Old 2016-04-11, 21:29   Link #98
NeutralZero

it is not that the protagonist are weak but rather they are facing an oponent that are a couple level higher than them...
Old 2016-04-12, 07:46   Link #99
Hk1117

Dear me, Chapter 30 looks interesting.

If only I could comprehend what Roku and Seimei were talking about, dammit.
Hk1117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-14, 02:17   Link #100
Lucarion
The Hegemon-King of Chu.

Quote:
In this series Seimei only has the "yang" as you can see it on Rokuro's back when his guarding is released. And if you read chapter 29, you can see the "yin" on Benio's back.

Seimei might have a youkai mother, but a youkai isn't an impurity (kegare). In this series, the "yin" is the enchanted power of the impurities which is a reverse of the onmyouji enchanted power, the "yang". Benio has the "yin" on her back because her guarding is an impurity.

The experiment Yuuto performed on the kids of his dormitory was about mixing "yang" and "yin" enchanted powers together.
Yeah, because Seimei's ultimately human--of course he's going to be composed of "yang". I'm just saying that his mother's yokai nature is part of what made Seimei such a powerful exorcist in the first place. So yeah, I'm not disagreeing with you here. Yin is what both yokai and impurities are made of as creatures of darkness--yokai are often "born" from things, places, and people that have accumulated "kegare".

Edit: HOLY SHIT. I just saw what's inside Chapter 30.

Did Seimei (if that cute loli-looking onmyouji many people assumed was his future daughter is really him) just call Rokuro his "son"?

Last edited by Lucarion; 2016-04-14 at 03:11.
Lucarion is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
exorcist, harem, onmyoudo, shounen