AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-02-26, 19:54   Link #1
maxximus-bob
Knight of the Esprit

What's Hot? (Is Green Green Hot?)

Hi! I'm a fairly new user and wanted to know if anyone can recommend any hot anime. I'm into mecha and anything with cool action (and of course a good story. Must have a good story.) Help if you can please!!
Oh... and i'm confused.. i hear the Green Green Ova is hentai/Ero-ish (to put it mildly) but are the regular episodes that i can download from here like that too?
Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 2004-02-26, 19:57   Link #2
Göönk
Macross fan

Green Green is for old children, but it's certainly not hentai.

Action? mecha? I sugest you try Macross Zero OVA.
Old 2004-02-26, 20:03   Link #3
maxximus-bob
Knight of the Esprit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Göönk
Green Green is for old children, but it's certainly not hentai.

Action? mecha? I sugest you try Macross Zero OVA.
For old children, huh? I can dig that. I'm about due for a comedy fix anyway. (I miss my Invader Zim... but that's not Anime... so i digress)
Old 2004-02-26, 20:06   Link #4
marin

Noiseman Sound Insect is what you are looking for.

Hot fanservice, cool action, and a great plot!
Old 2004-02-26, 21:25   Link #5
H times H

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxximus-bob
Hi! I'm a fairly new user and wanted to know if anyone can recommend any hot anime. I'm into mecha and anything with cool action (and of course a good story. Must have a good story.) Help if you can please!!
Oh... and i'm confused.. i hear the Green Green Ova is hentai/Ero-ish (to put it mildly) but are the regular episodes that i can download from here like that too?
Green Green OVA and the TV series are not ero nor hentai, as far as I know.

It's a different story for the new Green Green OVA coming out this summer... its title is called "Erolution", and its trailer was slashed out from animesuki... You all know what that means...
Old 2004-02-26, 22:44   Link #6
vio5555

Quote:
Originally Posted by H times H
Green Green OVA and the TV series are not ero nor hentai, as far as I know.

It's a different story for the new Green Green OVA coming out this summer... its title is called "Erolution", and its trailer was slashed out from animesuki... You all know what that means...
... a lot of bukkake in June...
Old 2004-02-26, 23:04   Link #7
TetrFlare
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to TetrFlare
Do not watch Macross Zero Just yet although it is a cool show, cos it's only at episode 3 out of 5, and it will be a year more before everything will be out. Green Green is definately good.
Old 2004-02-27, 00:45   Link #8
maxximus-bob
Knight of the Esprit

Quote:
Originally Posted by TetrFlare
Do not watch Macross Zero Just yet although it is a cool show, cos it's only at episode 3 out of 5, and it will be a year more before everything will be out. Green Green is definately good.
Yeah.. i know about Macross Zero. It's a shame really. Thanx for the help so far everyone.
Old 2004-02-27, 00:56   Link #9
cdpinoyx01

Green green is ok... if you cut out the part with those three in it.... its so bleh.... disgusting at times.
Old 2004-02-27, 02:24   Link #10
maxximus-bob
Knight of the Esprit

Hmm.... iiiiiiiinteresting. So... what of Mecha anime? Besides Macross Zero i have no way to feed my hunger for giant robot fighting and extremely cool flying/shooting sequences. Lesse... Mecha and.... fantasy. I need my faerie/elven fix too. Or if there is something more original than elves.. bring that on too.
And thanx again for the help so far.
Old 2004-02-27, 02:37   Link #11
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Judging that this should be in the "Suggestions" forum...

With a little advanced warning, I have no information with regards to where you can get your anime. Therefore, I can only give you certain recommendations.

"Green Green" was a modest little anime that spanned for twelve episodes last year. It is based on an ero-game that was released several years ago. However, as this anime is broadcast on a regular airwave, much "obvious" ero-scenes were removed. This anime did moderately well here - but not so much as I would deem it as a success. It did, however, spurred three character DVDs (two each on each disc) and a special OVA entitled "GREEN GREEN EROLUTIONS" slated for this Spring. There was also another OVA that was released before the TV version aired, but you can omit that as it is not worth watching.

As for "hot anime with mecha," I would assume that you mean: "cute girls, mecha, and good story."

The animes that are currently showing that fit into this criteria would be "Misaki Chronicle~Divergence Eve~" and "Choujuushin Gravion Zwei!" Some past animes that might fit to your interest maybe "Uchuu no Stellvia," "Kiddy Grade," "Full Metal Panic! / Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu"

Or if you looking for something interesting, you can try "Mousou Dairinin ~Paranoia Agent." However, I have heard that this anime is licensed in your country by the American division of Geneon. Therefore, you may have to wait until it is released on DVD in your country.

Last edited by kj1980; 2006-02-14 at 22:03.
Old 2004-02-27, 02:52   Link #12
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

-> suggestions forum.
Old 2004-02-27, 03:15   Link #13
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxximus-bob
Mecha -> check
Action -> check
Drama -> check
Twists -> check
Romance -> check
Cool characters -> check

Analysis: Vision of Escaflowne (the series not the OVA)
Old 2004-04-05, 20:19   Link #14
Ambience Blue
Fate/Stay Delight

Def

The Green Green OVA, i heard, is terrible. I haven't watched it myself, but supposedly it's unrelated to the series, and came out as a pilot based on a video game waay b4 the TV series. I've finished the TV series, and if you can stand ecchi, it's absolutely awesome. Some points were beyond hilarity (though you're right, the baka trio [especially Bacchi-Gu] pissed me off at times.) It also has a very interesting story and an awesome ending.

As for the mecha, I think Full Metal Panic! fits your request perfectly. It has giant robots, hot chicks, and an insidious plotline. I'm not done yet, but I'm around halfway through and loving it. Personally, I think it's an awesome series for beginners: A little HS romance, a little comedy, some drama, and a whole lotta mecha.

I definitely recommend the two.
Closed Thread