AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-04-27, 01:18   Link #581
BrokenWingz

Quote:
Originally Posted by X207 View Post
i just hope they dont repeat an R+V trainwreck with saki. imo i dont really mind the focus on the yuri as its not a yuri manga so it wont really add up to much in the end. though theres always the risk that gonzo could work its "magic" to destroy the plot .
Different staff different people always tired of fanatics placing their grudges in every gonzo thread. You're correct in saying Saki isn't a yuri manga but for those that read the manga there's alot of yuri-undertone the series has only up them slightly infavour of attracting a bigger crowd. The plot is the same and the fanservice great
BrokenWingz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-27, 01:36   Link #582
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenWingz View Post
Different staff different people always tired of fanatics placing their grudges in every gonzo thread. You're correct in saying Saki isn't a yuri manga but for those that read the manga there's alot of yuri-undertone the series has only up them slightly infavour of attracting a bigger crowd. The plot is the same and the fanservice great
im not the one to presume that gonzo= automatic fail. i saw the trainwreck of dragonauts and later on RV se1-2. i had hope for RV se1 but it went off course and the first 3 eps of se2 proved that i shouldnt expect a stellar season. i look on the bright side and hope they dont distort the plot too much. all anime have the plot distorted in some sense so i dont mind it if only a slight change. ive so far read the scans for the first 18 ch for saki so im not surprised its shown up in the anime. i really like the saki manga i like manga/anime related to mahjong. as far as ive seen in the manga, it looks promising for the saki anime and i think it will turn out rather well.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-27, 01:56   Link #583
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
I think I already know the answer, but I guess I still have to ask this: "Did you ever take a look at source material?"
You are always either placing your standard too high, or just watching the anime the wrong way.
Not really. A look or two, but didn't read it.

Fmmm~ Never knew there was a "right" way to watch anime...
Also, never really thought my standards was too high. If it was entertaining doing so, than it can have a bad story and still be fun... Like SoraMiage.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-27, 02:26   Link #584
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Fmmm~ Never knew there was a "right" way to watch anime...
Also, never really thought my standards was too high. If it was entertaining doing so, than it can have a bad story and still be fun... Like SoraMiage.
Oh yes, there is. I believe watching Lucky Star and expecting intense battle action would be the wrong way to watch.
If you think the reaction is painful/embarrassing to watch as it is now (which is the main point of the manga/anime), I can hardly imagine what would you say about the tournament.
Old 2009-04-27, 02:30   Link #585
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Oh yes, there is.
Hmmm~, let me memo that down... *shuffles away*

Quote:
If you think the reaction is painful/embarrassing to watch as it is now (which is the main point of the manga/anime), I can hardly imagine what would you say about the tournament.
Now then... Only time will tell.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-27, 05:46   Link #586
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter003 View Post
Spoiler for manga:
Spoiler for Ep 5 speculation:
Old 2009-04-27, 07:17   Link #587
itisjustme

Speaking of yuri...

Spoiler for manga/speculation:
itisjustme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-27, 08:06   Link #588
Guppy

Quote:
imo i dont really mind the focus on the yuri as its not a yuri manga so it wont really add up to much in the end.
Saki isn't a yuri manga in the sense that it isn't about yuri, and the main theme of the plot isn't about yuri relationships.

I don't think it'll go nowhere in the end, though, even in the manga. The author just isn't putting it up front and centre (which I like - it's nice not to be beaten over the head with it like the anime does).
Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-27, 09:59   Link #589
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppy View Post
Saki isn't a yuri manga in the sense that it isn't about yuri, and the main theme of the plot isn't about yuri relationships.

I don't think it'll go nowhere in the end, though, even in the manga. The author just isn't putting it up front and centre (which I like - it's nice not to be beaten over the head with it like the anime does).
sorry if im a bit blunt but you must have read my post the wrong way.

Quote:
imo i dont really mind the focus on the yuri as its not a yuri manga so it wont really add up to much in the end.
i never once said saki was a yuri manga. ive also previously mentioned ive read the first 18 ch. ive seen enuff to know that they'll only stop at the undertones and focus on the rivalry between saki, nodoka and all the other strong mahjong players. i know the whole series is about saki becoming a legend in mahjong, plus i do not forsee any sakixnodoka pairing from ever ocurring in the anime.
Old 2009-04-27, 11:04   Link #590
whitepearl
Dietrich fan #681675

Send a message via AIM to whitepearl Send a message via MSN to whitepearl
Saki x Masked Dedede theme on niconico

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm6775255

Twitter
whitepearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-27, 11:09   Link #591
Taken

episode 4...... too much yuri slowing the pace a little, gets slightly better after that and the end is pretty neat when Nodoko tells Saki not to be a cry baby heh.

Next up training camp!
Taken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-27, 16:05   Link #592
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taken View Post
Next up training camp!
Told ya'll the shows were starting to run together.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-27, 17:05   Link #593
Guppy

Quote:
sorry if im a bit blunt but you must have read my post the wrong way.
Perhaps, but I think you've read my post the wrong way. I'll try to be clearer.

Quote:
ive also previously mentioned ive read the first 18 ch. ive seen enuff to know that they'll only stop at the undertones and focus on the rivalry between saki, nodoka and all the other strong mahjong players.
I've read the first 49 chapters (plus the special chapter), and I disagree with you. Although I don't think yuri will (or should) be the main focus of the manga, I also don't think it will "stop at the undertones."
Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-27, 18:05   Link #594
bayoab

Quote:
I think I already know the answer, but I guess I still have to ask this: "Did you ever take a look at source material?"
Although I should have expected. You are always either placing your standard too high, or just watching the anime the wrong way.
That's a meme... and even taking the source material into account, it holds true.
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-27, 19:09   Link #595
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoab View Post
That's a meme... and even taking the source material into account, it holds true.
Which one, the "It's Gonzo Quality" or the "Did you read the source material?"
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-28, 00:18   Link #596
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppy View Post
Perhaps, but I think you've read my post the wrong way. I'll try to be clearer.

I've read the first 49 chapters (plus the special chapter), and I disagree with you. Although I don't think yuri will (or should) be the main focus of the manga, I also don't think it will "stop at the undertones."
i can only assume they'll focus on saki and nodoka getting better as majong as the manga progresses. you have a better idea of what happens later on as you've read 31 ch more than me so that presumption was the best that i could come up with.
Old 2009-04-28, 00:31   Link #597
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Which one, the "It's Gonzo Quality" or the "Did you read the source material?"
This post.
Old 2009-04-28, 09:46   Link #598
whitepearl
Dietrich fan #681675

Send a message via AIM to whitepearl Send a message via MSN to whitepearl
Quote:
To those who played on Tenhou, is the game rigged?

I've just started there and I'm already terrified of Ippatsu.
Sometimes it feels rigged when NOTHING goes your way

I had one han-chan that ended in two hands. I dealt into two consecutive hanemans (or a dealer mangan and then a haneman...terrible either way) to the same person...then in the next session I was thoroughly shellacked by others who just were able to get into tenpai that much faster.

You can tell which tenhou players have been experiencing slumps when you see their names turn red (signifying their departure from the room) right after dealing into a haneman to start the session...

Twitter
whitepearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-28, 11:57   Link #599
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

I actually found a site that explained how to use tenhou. Of more importance is that I found out that you could set up private lobbies, in case more people here are interested in setting up an Animesuki mahjong session.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-28, 12:36   Link #600
bayoab

Quote:
To those who played on Tenhou, is the game rigged?

I've just started there and I'm already terrified of Ippatsu.
After what I've seen while playing and some videos, their randomizer just... doesn't seem fully random. It seems like it has some really odd quirks compared to gamedesign's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
I actually found a site that explained how to use tenhou. Of more importance is that I found out that you could set up private lobbies, in case more people here are interested in setting up an Animesuki mahjong session.
This site (which was linked earlier in the thread) is much better at explaining Tenhou.

Tags
competition, mahjong, seinen