Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-06-30, 07:46   Link #1
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Bleach Episode 226 Discussion Thread

Good morning. How is everyone doing? This episode should mark the end of the manga adaptation as we enter the anime-original arc starting from episode 227. This episode also promises to have very good animated effort from a key animator who has been involved with some of the very best of Bleach episode animation-wise. I'm not even sure what else will be covered once Yama-ji beats the crap out of that thing with his bare nipple. I guess he puts his shirt back on, and then the message "To be continued" flashes. Well, as long as the old man gives a good show where it will cause even the fanboys to squeal at the sight of manly nipples.

Enjoy the discussion. And please, oh please, lay off this filler/anime-original discussion that pops up so often about how one is less canon than the other, and etc... Who cares? If an episode is good, who cares if the story is from the manga or if it is entirely made up by a different writer. Kubo's story can be just as crappy as has been evident in this recent stretch of anime adapted from his manga. If you like it, you like it. If you don't like it, oh well. Life goes on and etc.......... It's really not that bad of a deal to try to approach things from a positive manner even from the crappiest of places and/or circumstances.

Absolutely no manga spoilers in any anime-only threads such as the weekly Episode Discussion threads. That means, no hints, or vague remarks about a future event from the manga, even within the spoiler tags. Inability to observe this rule will result in a BAN!
Old 2009-06-30, 07:54   Link #2
Ichiban Hayai

There were some recycled scenes in HM. Other than that it was an entertaining ep.
The future battles will probably be of-scale compared to what we've seen so far.

Too bad it seems like a huge cliffhanger, considering the main story will be on hold for some time.

Spoiler for relevations:

Last edited by Ichiban Hayai; 2009-06-30 at 08:29.
Old 2009-06-30, 09:12   Link #3
neshru

As expected, this episode had great animation and even better art quality. Too bad all that was wasted on pretty much nothing.
Old 2009-06-30, 10:54   Link #4
kitten320

Good episode^^
Poor Omaeda, he should have let Soi Fon to hit him in the face XD

And as expected they have censored Halibel And when she revealed her face it wasn't that epic as in manga... but other than that it was a cool episode. Halibe surely cared about her fraccions.

P.S. Lol several weeks ago had seen a pic with Halibel where someone predicted how censored she will be... that person was so close to reality
Old 2009-06-30, 11:18   Link #5
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Censored Helibel....disgusting. I could take on the missing blood but something like this... unforgivable. I guess they really are aiming for all audiences now...
And what the hell are they using the same battle animation? They are ether getting more lame or budget is really hight. I expected this from Gundam series, but not from Bleach.

Ah well, it was a good episode all in all, animation was neat and music is great as always. So the fillers are starting now? I wonder what kind of animation will those have =)
Old 2009-06-30, 11:22   Link #6
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Was pretty good. But I'm a little annoyed they used old material for the Ulquiorra vs Ichigo bit. Plus that first KUROSAKI-KUN from Inoue was kinda weird...
Old 2009-06-30, 11:29   Link #7
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Was pretty good. But I'm a little annoyed they used old material for the Ulquiorra vs Ichigo bit. Plus that first KUROSAKI-KUN from Inoue was kinda weird...
All her 'Kurosaki-kun' are weird and annoying... almost feels like if she doesn't know any other words... soon she will be as irritating as Wonderwice who thankfully we haven't seen for a long time and I hope it stays that way...
Old 2009-06-30, 11:29   Link #8
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I figured you would hear all the versions possible of ''Kurosaki-kun'' because she said it so many times

Spoiler for question about certain scene:
Old 2009-06-30, 11:33   Link #9
neshru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Cloud View Post
And what the hell are they using the same battle animation?
I guess you're talking about the bit of Ichigo vs Ulquiorra that looks like the bit in the Hisagi vs Crabman fight. It's more like they ran out of ideas, you can't recycle an animation sequence that involves different characters.
Old 2009-06-30, 11:50   Link #10
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Cloud View Post
I figured you would hear all the versions possible of ''Kurosaki-kun'' because she said it so many times

Spoiler for question about certain scene:
Actually if I don't mistake in manga she should have sent him flying into the building...

But here it looks like he went bankai and covered himself with wings which she had broken through so he got hit. After all he is injured now.

EDIT: I'm refering to chapter which was animated so no spoilers there.

Last edited by kitten320; 2009-06-30 at 12:07.
Old 2009-06-30, 13:34   Link #11
Crimson Reaper

Best two parts were Soifon's nut kick and Allon geing bonkers and transforming. The rest was meh. Next week looks like pre-Bleach stuff, or maybe the AUverse again with a Captain Aizen flashback somewhere. And I know in the preview she's in 'Comic Expression' mode but isn't Orihime in her old character design??
Old 2009-06-30, 14:10   Link #12
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Reaper View Post
Best two parts were Soifon's nut kick and Allon geing bonkers and transforming. The rest was meh. Next week looks like pre-Bleach stuff, or maybe the AUverse again with a Captain Aizen flashback somewhere. And I know in the preview she's in 'Comic Expression' mode but isn't Orihime in her old character design??
Nut kick was the best
Old 2009-06-30, 14:11   Link #13
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!

Send a message via ICQ to WONDERMIKE
I think I can't remember a bleach episode like this one, there are glorious scenes followed by very low-budget ones, not even trying to hide their shame.. and that's happening over and over. If I would give ratings this would be impossible to rate for me thanks to those constant ups and downs.

Allon's heart massage was even more disturbing than the original manga scene, so creepy wuah! I don't mind that bit of "creative freedom", but Halibel's now funny looking armor is a whole different story and I agree with kitten, the mask somehow doesn't look as bad-ass or menacing as it should, oh well.

The upcoming filler material looks promising, could be some sort of prequel and with the school setting in combination with some comedy it should do just fine. There might be a chance to see Nell too(dunno what she said during the preview though).

May the swimsuit special cometh!
Old 2009-06-30, 14:27   Link #14
Sauzer

was it so hard to not rape at least one epic scene???

Spoiler for Halibel in manga:

can't wait to see her ressurection in anime ><
Old 2009-06-30, 15:26   Link #15
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

annoyed the hell at of me we had to watch that freak of nature pat its chest 100 times for 2mins wasting time -_- thank god Yamma owned his ass to make up for it.

and preview of 227 just made me want to shoot my self in the foot or go into a Coma until we get back to the real deal, not pointless Yuri/ Chizuru fan service and comedy.
Old 2009-06-30, 16:20   Link #16
ShinAkuma135
King of Beasts

Send a message via AIM to ShinAkuma135
the allon part was annoyingly long. the last part where ichigo flies past orihime and all she did was "kurosaki kun" made me burst out laughing...at the very least she can lend him a hand...i know one of her fairies can attack while he's distracted...or at least shield ichigo or reduce the damage he takes. she blows...and not in the good way
Old 2009-06-30, 16:30   Link #17
kitten320

So they really have decided to animate those small manga chapters... so hope for Beach one and that they will include other captain and VC too! After all chapter was kinda short...
Old 2009-06-30, 18:47   Link #18
Chase

Episode is a 10. Animation was great, Yamamoto owned(was waiting to see that scene) and the ending with Ichigo/Ulq was great as well. Well done Shingo, well done indeed.
Battlefield 4
Old 2009-06-30, 18:50   Link #19
Ichiban Hayai

I found my copy of InQuest featuring 'Halibel'. Seriously it was the first thing that crossed my mind when I watched the episode.
It's the cover of InQuest #38 by artist Steve Stone.

Spoiler for Halibel?!?:
Old 2009-06-30, 20:43   Link #20
ThoHell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauzer View Post
was it so hard to not rape at least one epic scene???

Spoiler for Halibel in manga:

can't wait to see her ressurection in anime ><
They covered her up some in the anime.... ~_~

Weee...finally back to Ichi fight! There is one scene I'm dying to see. All those who read the manga might know what I'm talking about.... CAN'T WAIT!
Closed Thread