Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-11-18, 10:06   Link #381
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Excellent episode indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
Kaishou is enjoying this isn't he? He did on purpose isn't he? I mean he could have explained that the children were alive in the first place. He stayed silent just he can ominously make Shinjuro looks bad, isn't he!?
I'm surprised Shinjuro didn't ask him straight out why he didn't reveal the children were alive sooner. It's as if he wanted Yajima to kill his wife. You could argue he had no idea Yajima would get it in his head that his wife was responsible for his children's alleged deaths... except we all know Kaishou knows everything

I don't believe he is in cahoots with the novelist but his actions are definitely suspicious. Speaking of him, the novelist looks like he'll be a great villain. I like how subtly he manipulated Yajima. Amazing work.

Kazamori proved herself to be a great asset to Shinjurou. The three of them make a great team. Kazamori handles the forensics, Inga the questioning, and Shinjurou points them in the right direction and eventually puts everything together. It's perfect.
Old 2011-11-18, 10:37   Link #382
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Great Episode! I love this series, I hope it gets a continuation after then 11 episodes are up.

Also Kazamori was really awesome this episode.
Old 2011-11-18, 12:54   Link #383
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I'm surprised Shinjuro didn't ask him straight out why he didn't reveal the children were alive sooner. It's as if he wanted Yajima to kill his wife. You could argue he had no idea Yajima would get it in his head that his wife was responsible for his children's alleged deaths... except we all know Kaishou knows everything

I don't believe he is in cahoots with the novelist but his actions are definitely suspicious. Speaking of him, the novelist looks like he'll be a great villain. I like how subtly he manipulated Yajima. Amazing work.
I think they key isn't that Kaishou knows everything, but that he thinks he knows everything. As well, his default mode is secrecy - everything is on a "need to know" basis. So he doesn't give the kids back and doesn't make their existence known because he knows what's best and no one else needs to know. There's also the fact that Yajima hadn't been out of stir for very long, so perhaps Kaishou would have told him soon - or perhaps he was waiting for Yajima to come to him rather than vice-versa.

Suspicious? Yeah, and arrogant as hell - but in this case, I think Kaishou did what he did out of genuine concern for the kids. And I definitely don't think he's in league with The Novelist.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 19:03   Link #384
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

What a pleasure to be watching an anime that gets better as it goes along. Professional writing. Interesting characters. Inga (Toyosaki Aki) is terrific. And so is Kaishou (Miki Shinichirou).
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-19, 11:05   Link #385
ookamigirl

So Kazamori joined their little group for good I guess.
That will sure be pretty useful.
Well, it was pretty interesting this time too.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-19, 12:04   Link #386
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ookamigirl View Post
So Kazamori joined their little group for good I guess.
That will sure be pretty useful.
Well, it was pretty interesting this time too.
She kind joined since last episode.

And yeah, it has improved the whole relationship with Inga too.
Old 2011-11-19, 12:15   Link #387
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

I went to see Episode 0 in the theaters tonight.

(Part of my job, I guess, but I paid for the ticket ).

I think the story is pretty dang crucial... It explains completely where Shinjurou and Inga came from and what happened, and also how he came to become a detective and help out/antagonize Kaishou.

Spoiler for major points only:

Spoiler for plot of episode 0, major spoilers:
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-19, 12:27   Link #388
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

I'm so not oppening those.

Any news on when the DVD release?
Old 2011-11-19, 12:39   Link #389
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
I'm so not oppening those.

Any news on when the DVD release?
Nothing announced officially but it'd be quite foolish to wait much longer after the last blu-ray release of the tv series which is scheduled for April 20th.
Sam Pinansky
Old 2011-11-19, 13:13   Link #390
LKK

I opened the spoiler boxes and am glad I did. Thanks, Quarkboy! (I'd give you cookies only the system said I couldn't.)

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-19, 14:15   Link #391
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Very nice, thanks! One question though
Spoiler for UN-GO episode 0:
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-19, 14:32   Link #392
miketyson

Quarkboy: thanks so much for writing up a detailed description of episode zero. That sounds absolutely fascinating. In particular:

Spoiler:
miketyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-19, 15:47   Link #393
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarkboy View Post
I went to see Episode 0 in the theaters tonight.

(Part of my job, I guess, but I paid for the ticket ).

I think the story is pretty dang crucial... It explains completely where Shinjurou and Inga came from and what happened, and also how he came to become a detective and help out/antagonize Kaishou.

Spoiler for major points only:

Spoiler for plot of episode 0, major spoilers:

Damn, that's a head-spinner! Thanks for bringing back the details, Quarkboy!

Spoiler for In specific about Ep. 0...:
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-19, 17:20   Link #394
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Oh man why is the best part in theaters only. Holding myself back really hard from opening those spoilers. Guess i'll have to hold out for like a year to see it.
Old 2011-11-19, 18:01   Link #395
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Concluded episode six, and as I read in a blog this one seemed to be anime-original, maybe that's because Inga did not phase into her true persona?

Ok. This was one got very tense in both dialogue and evidence, because the manner how the hints were shown manipulated me to the very end near the climax to believe that Kaishou Rinroku, actually, had an affair with Takako Yajima which, as everyone before presumed, triggered within her to neglect her children.

The twist for relief, at the end, proved Kaishou the contrary, having solved the code a year ago and helping the children beforehand.

Nonetheless, I feel that Shinjuurou's daily antagonism towards Kaishou makes me to view the latter as a morally and mixed ambiguous character, whose methods although not always aiming at the best interests of the victims, nevertheless, operate within the margin of a blurred, legal gray area.
And, this is mostly because Kaishou must cover for people at higher places of authority to prevent outrageous truths from leaking into the outside world.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-19, 20:57   Link #396
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
Very nice, thanks! One question though
Spoiler for UN-GO episode 0:
The coat wearing person is Shinjuro when he was young.
His old friend who worked with Betsutenou is the guy with bondage over his face in the ed.

Here is a link to the characters on the official site.

http://www.un-go.com/03chara_ingaron/index.html
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-20, 00:04   Link #397
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Just watched the first episode. I'm so very impressed with the approach Shinjurou took to reach the solution. The most important question is always, "why?" It's not "how?", "who?", or "what?" Once you figure out why, the rest tend to fall in line all by themselves. There haven't been many detective shows that are good in the past few years. These detective shows also can't seem to downplay the involvement of supernatural which I think is a big flaw to make most of these show enjoyable (for me anyway.) While UnGO is incorporating supernatural too, it is doing in a manner where the involvement has only occurred (as shown in episode 1) after Shinjurou has reached a conclusion. Inga's involvement was to only affirm the idea Shinjurou had.

Like I said I'm very impressed with the opening episode. The ending is just as good. Very catchy. I'll be looking forward to watching more episodes.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-20, 01:10   Link #398
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
The coat wearing person is Shinjuro when he was young.
His old friend who worked with Betsutenou is the guy with bondage over his face in the ed.

Here is a link to the characters on the official site.

http://www.un-go.com/03chara_ingaron/index.html
Actually it's more complicated than that but more would be spoilers. But basically yes, the trenchcoat wearing person is either Shinjurou, Serata, or Oono.
In episode 0 Shinjurou wears a trenchcoat like that but so does Serata.= and/or Oono.
Sam Pinansky
Old 2011-11-20, 01:27   Link #399
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Just watched the first episode. I'm so very impressed with the approach Shinjurou took to reach the solution. The most important question is always, "why?" It's not "how?", "who?", or "what?" Once you figure out why, the rest tend to fall in line all by themselves. There haven't been many detective shows that are good in the past few years. These detective shows also can't seem to downplay the involvement of supernatural which I think is a big flaw to make most of these show enjoyable (for me anyway.) While UnGO is incorporating supernatural too, it is doing in a manner where the involvement has only occurred (as shown in episode 1) after Shinjurou has reached a conclusion. Inga's involvement was to only affirm the idea Shinjurou had.

Like I said I'm very impressed with the opening episode. The ending is just as good. Very catchy. I'll be looking forward to watching more episodes.
Monir! Welcome about the UN-GO train. If you liked the first ep, I think you'll be quite happy with what comes after - IMO the show improves significantly after the premiere.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-20, 09:39   Link #400
miketyson

Quarkboy: I thought of one more question about ep 0, and I don't think the question needs spoilering, so here goes:

Is there anything in ep 0 that explains why Shinjurou is so good at detective work? Does he just have a knack for it? Do his experiences in ep 0 give him a deeper insight into human nature and he uses that? Is it left unaddressed?

I'm really curious, because in the main series he seems phenomenally brilliant and clever with his deductive reasoning, but the background you described doesn't seem to address that at all.
miketyson is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aikawa, bones, mizushima, noitamina