AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana III - Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 26 40.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 23 35.38%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 4 6.15%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 12.31%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 3.08%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 3.08%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-12-03, 09:34   Link #21
alvinkhorfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
so Shana can turn to 'enpatsu shakugan no uchite' mode without Alastor???
Shana can utilize her Flame Haze power without the presence of her Cocytus, which (in Shana's case) takes the form of a pendant.

Here is additional information from Kinny Riddle's Terminology and Metaphysics Discussion Thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
Crimson Lords communicate with their Flame Haze via a Device (Jinki) (I forgot what it's actually called, can someone help?) It comes in any shape the Flame Haze desires. (Shana chooses a pendant for Alastor, Margery a book for Marchosias, Wilhelmina a ribbon for Tiamat, and Khamshin a hand ornament for Behemoth) These Devices act as the eyes and ears of the Flame Haze in our physical world, and can be summoned (teleport) any time even when its not physically by the Flame Haze's side.
In other words, the pendant only stores Alastor's conscience (his brain, to put it simply), but the main body of Alastor and thus his strength are stored inside Shana's body, which acts as a vessel to store the massive existence of Alastor.

I would suggest that anyone, who is the new to this anime or requires a refresher course on this anime, takes a quick read through the Terminology and Metaphysics Discussion Thread which is very informative for anyone.

Last edited by alvinkhorfire; 2011-12-03 at 19:07. Reason: Sorry for my mistake.
Old 2011-12-03, 10:03   Link #22
Elf song

I think he asks about the sword.
It's indestructible as far as I know, so did Shintetsu Nyoi.

Spoiler for Moe?:
Old 2011-12-03, 10:05   Link #23
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I also remember that the Nietono no Shana is an anti-spell (take note, not anti-flame like Azure) sword. Not sure tho.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2011-12-03, 12:00   Link #24
RJ TAYLER

This continues, what I am hoping for, a splendid curtain call season for that famous flame haze. I hope the pace does not let up now that we are approaching the 'middle eight' of a season. Loving it all over again so far too. Good to see 'our girl' in fine form as well.

Rie K gets the "hat trick'' again this week with P4A, IM@AS and "Shana" all scoring goals a plenty.
Old 2011-12-03, 12:57   Link #25
Rava

Quote:
Originally Posted by yindesu View Post
Spoiler for so what happened...:
Spoiler:

I was pretty much cheering when Tenmoku started his path of pwnage.
Old 2011-12-03, 13:59   Link #26
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Has the Nietono-no-Shana always been able to eat existence like it did whenever Tenmoku Ikku killed a Denizen?
Old 2011-12-03, 15:00   Link #27
Deathscyther

9/10. Great episode once again!

While Khamsin and Rebecca are being all flashy, Wilhelmina seems to be using a spell which makes her invisible. I guess this means that Khamsin and Rebecca are a diversion while Wilhelmina is trying to find Shana.

Shana was completely helpless again this episode. This shows the difference in power between humans and flame hazes/guze no tomogara. The scene where she couldn't find the strength to stand up was very powerful.

She just needed something to get her powers back. One chance, one moment was all she needed. And that chance came when she called out for her sword with everything she had. And her call was answered. The sword came to her....in the form of Tenmoku Ikko. So he was still in Nientono no Shana after all.

Since Nientono no Shana can cut though Unrestricted Spells, Fecor didn't even stand a chance against Tenmoku Ikko. His magnesia was cancelled and he was cut down. Too bad, since I liked his character/ability.

Now that Shana has her powers back, we will finally get to see her back in action again. She'll have to get stronger in order to beat Yuji though, so let's see how she's planning to combine her 'two sides'.

Seireiden lost the camouflage, so now the other flame haze will be able to find it as well. Shana, Wilhelmina, Khamsin and Rebbeca, combined with outside help will be able to destroy everything there if Yuji and the others don't return soon. I wonder if they'll return soon.

Can't wait for the next episode!
Old 2011-12-03, 17:14   Link #28
Ec1ge
A true 灼眼のシャナ Shanite. :D

10/10 :')

One hell of a beautifully done episode with the most unexpected twist of Tenmoku Ikko being summoned & cutting through Fecor's Magnesia. :'D
Old 2011-12-03, 19:29   Link #29
alvinkhorfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
I also remember that the Nietono no Shana is an anti-spell (take note, not anti-flame like Azure) sword. Not sure tho.
@Marcus H.
I believe that the following text from Shana Wikia should be rewritten.
Quote:
Source
Shana brings up the full potential of the power of the Nietono no Shana, as she was able to make the blade sprout flames, while others who have wielded the blade, such as Sorath and its previous owner Tenmoku Ikko were unable to.
As you said, the katana is anti-spell, but it cannot be used to sprout flames by itself, when it is used by others. Correct me if I am wrong. The flame itself originates from Shana, thus only Shana can make the katana release flame.

On a side note, Shana was certainly terrified when the Rinne kept holding onto her leg, like a mindless zombie. Certainly a horrifying experience anyone of us would not want to endure.

Last edited by alvinkhorfire; 2011-12-03 at 19:42.
Old 2011-12-03, 20:09   Link #30
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Noted and will be rewritten soon.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Old 2011-12-03, 23:59   Link #31
Silverwyrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
Fecor is dead

very very dead
If so then meh, kinda felt like an "easy way" to get rid of him because the impregnable defense was troublesome to the story, not to mention his entire figuring things out process was then meaningless, since it was just him.
Old 2011-12-04, 02:38   Link #32
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

The insert that plays when Shana regains her powers is so fitting....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Yes....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elf song View Post
I think he asks about the sword.
It's indestructible as far as I know, so did Shintetsu Nyoi.

Spoiler for Moe?:
Well being Rinne, we can always make more of them
Old 2011-12-04, 03:31   Link #33
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Why did I feel bad seeing those Rinne get cut up Higurashi-style? ;_;

Old 2011-12-04, 05:13   Link #34
Marina2

Wait! Did Fecor died just like that???

I thought he will be one very last characters to die O.o
Old 2011-12-04, 05:22   Link #35
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Why can't I help but feel that the Outlaw organization feel like the "real" badguys?
Old 2011-12-04, 06:45   Link #36
RJ TAYLER

Living up to their name, perhaps for the first time HayashiTakara?
Old 2011-12-04, 06:57   Link #37
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvinkhorfire View Post

In other words, the pendant only stores Alastor's conscience (his brain, to put it simply), but the main body of Alastor and thus his strength are stored inside Shana's body, which acts as a vessel to store the massive existence of Alastor.

I would suggest that anyone, who is the new to this anime or requires a refresher course on this anime, takes a quick read through the Terminology and Metaphysics Discussion Thread which is very informative for anyone.
His actual form is in Guze actually...all Flame Haze are like that

Tenpa Jyosai just lets him manifests on this world through the Flame Haze

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
I was really bored watching this. And it doesn't help that I am actually rooting for the Bal Masque team which got their asses handed to them, although Fecor did well to hold out as long as he did. But obviously he has no plot armor against Deus-Ex-Ikko. Shana dismantling that Rinne really bothered me, too. I was hoping they'd skip over that but no such luck.
Remember what Decarabia says...the majority of Bal Masque's forces are being recalled to Seireiden to face the attacking Flame Hazes.
Old 2011-12-04, 09:47   Link #38
taichi-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvinkhorfire View Post

What is the deal with Rebecca removing Balar from her wrist? I thought that she was about to utilize her trump card or her more powerful attack. And yet, subsequent scene seems to show that she did not do anything significant. Why is it so?
It seems to me that the fight was interrupted when rebecca was going to use all her power or maybe JC ommited the fight....

Fecor was one of my favourites... he died so easily.
Old 2011-12-04, 10:00   Link #39
klare

what an eps, we learn the secrets of the 2 cities in the sky, Shana's katana can move on its own, and the gate being destroyed by a rocket punch launched from a mecha made of rocks

Shana has been playing princess for too long, surely she will release her anger on those trying to stop her

anyway the defense inside Seirei-den seems weak, really weak...
Old 2011-12-04, 13:08   Link #40
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Can someone please answer my question? ._.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Has the Nietono-no-Shana always been able to eat existence like it did whenever Tenmoku Ikku killed a Denizen?