AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2014-01-21, 10:25   Link #1041
II Maestro

I was seriously reading the new update with excitement but when I read what Ddraig said about how he and Albion are the only heavenly dragons that are cornered with breast & butt I was like WTF? in a situation like that he shouts how he and Albion became a pitiful dragon instead.
Old 2014-01-21, 10:28   Link #1042
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by jopjopjop View Post
Hmm, maybe Albion or Vali's approval? Or maybe it doesn't have any requirement at all.
I wonder what would be the name of the new move.
Regarding it's name, [Dividing Dragons], is the only thing, that comes to my mind, at the moment.

As for it, requiring Vali's or Albion's approval ... personally, I think that would be too restrictive - for both Ise and Vali, who are still rivals, after all ... despite the fact that Albion and Ddraig reached, an understanding, due to the Oppai Dragon stuff.

So maybe it doesn't have any requirements ... apart from Ise needing a sufficient level of stamina to maintain and control, this ability - time, will tell, how the author is going to resolve this.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-21, 10:36   Link #1043
jopjopjop

Yeah. That's what I thought too. That's why I added the no requirement thing at the end.
Good thing Issei has now sufficient knowledge regarding the use of Sacred Gears, where he didn't rely on Ddraig to explain everything but he himself found out how to use the new move.
jopjopjop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-21, 11:02   Link #1044
Chris38

Speaking about abilities ... the recent unlocking of Ise's ability ... made me wonder, just how many restrictions the Gremory team is going to have, once Rias can actually participate in the official rating tournament - No, scratch that previous statement ... I'm even wondering, if they are going to be allowed to participate in the official Rating Game.

After all, almost all of the abilities that the Gremory team members have recently unlocked are either too deadly to be allowed in the Rating Game (like Gasper's Balor power or Koneko's "Shirone mode") or make the competition a little unfair to the other team (I think that the form that Albion's stolen power has taken, can be considered as that, since Ise can just send them over to the other teams base, and instantly eliminate them, by using their own power against them - since, I think it can reflect the power of others as well, not just reflect Ise's own power.

Even if that isn't possible ... the white dragons can definitely be used as a tactic that would be disadvantageous to the enemy team.)

And ... this, even isn't the end of the Gremory team's power development...
Old 2014-01-21, 11:12   Link #1045
jopjopjop

Poor Rias. She now has a really powerful team that may able to challenge, or maybe even conquer the games, but she won't be able to participate. haha

~Rias' team became like that because of Issei and his trait that attracts strong people. If the time comes that Issei can now have his own peerage, I wonder how strong his team would be?
Old 2014-01-21, 11:18   Link #1046
II Maestro

Looks like what Azazel said was will come true that before Rias starts to participate in official rating game Ise & Kiba will be ultimate class devils and it looks like it won't be just Ise & Kiba other members are also improving.
Old 2014-01-21, 11:19   Link #1047
bludvein

While I think the mini-dragons are a useful power, they aren't so out there as to make a rating game unfair imo. The reflection can be beaten with a strong enough attack, and Ise only has a limited amount of uses. They also aren't autonomous, so he would have to keep them in sight in order to give them directions with his will. He can't just tell them to head over to enemy base and use the reflection when they are attacked.

I will agree some of the Gremory team's powers will be banned though. Gasper's Balor form is flat out OP for one. Not sure about Koneko's purification power, as holy swords are allowed. There is also Rias' sphere thing.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-21, 11:27   Link #1048
Chris38

Quote:

~Rias' team became like that because of Issei and his trait that attracts strong people. If the time comes that Issei can now have his own peerage, I wonder how strong his team would be?
It's probably better to not think about that, since I think that Ise definitely has the potential to form a team that would be more powerful, then the combined strength of the teams that the current Maou's have - and the worst thing of all, is going to be the fact that all of them, are going to be bishoujo that would be 100% devoted to Ise - well, I'm probably exaggerating things, a little bit .

But still, I think that Ise definitely has the potential, to gather a team of pretty girls, that will be quite powerful, and have some pretty unique abilities. .
Old 2014-01-21, 11:31   Link #1049
jopjopjop

Its still okay if Issei and Kiba will be Ultimate-class when Rias officially participates, but with the current events, it is possible that Issei would reach God-class.
Old 2014-01-21, 17:22   Link #1050
Gary29
Not Bennia Lover

Why would Ise need a requirement to use this power, anyway? He already unlocked it, it's not like he needed a requirement to use the original stolen power of Albion.

The white dragons are a really cool power-up for Ise. I like how he learned how to use the new power himself instead of having Ddraig explain it to him. Looks like no more jokes about the poor Heavenly Dragons, but I'm glad they finally got that issue resolved. I felt bad for them. Now if Ise stops powering-up using breasts, I can stop feeling bad for Rias too.

Regarding Rias and the Rating Games... It's a definite that Ise will reach God-class by the time Rias officially enters the Rating Games, thanks to Sun Wukong. Rias and the rest of her team will be at Ultimate-Class level, and I think the only thing that will be banned is Gasper's Balor Forme. Koneko's Shirone Mode only has a high chance of killing the opponent if they have evil intentions, but even then it would just be an instant transportation to the medical room.

Rias will graduate once the third semester is over (which begins in Volume 19), so by the time she can officially enter the Rating Games it's safe to say there will be very few who will be able to stand in their way from the very beginning.
Old 2014-01-21, 20:33   Link #1051
Tbolt

Wow what a ending to a chapter, I don't think it could have been written any better it had everything.

@jop
Quote:
Poor Rias. She now has a really powerful team that may able to challenge, or maybe even conquer the games, but she won't be able to participate. haha
Where do you come up with Rias won't be able to compete.

Last edited by Tbolt; 2014-01-21 at 21:08.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-21, 21:33   Link #1052
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

Wonder if Vali aslo acquired mini-dragons... but can boost.
Old 2014-01-21, 21:33   Link #1053
lived_1714

The Dragon Swarm is so like Swarm Host or Brood Lord in Starcraft 2.

And the whole "Rias cannot compete in Rating Game" isn't really convincing me. You know, the guy who thought up that Rating Game is the guy who enjoys the human's game industry, so, why not having 2 vs 1? Free for all? Or maybe Hero controlling style like LoL or DOTA? Siege mode, assault group vs castle defense group?

Seriously, letting a Satan with inventing hobby playing the game made by human is like telling him to bring those back into his Underworld, his Rating Game.
lived_1714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-21, 21:41   Link #1054
Tbolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero-2 View Post
Wonder if Vali aslo acquired mini-dragons... but can boost.
For that to happen he would have to have a part of Ddraig. And that hasn't happened. I think Vali is going to be really surprised.
Old 2014-01-21, 22:03   Link #1055
jopjopjop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
@jop Where do you come up with Rias won't be able to compete.
Ofc, I didn't mean that. That was meant as a joke since Rias' team is becoming more powerful as the series goes on and acquires techniques or new power ups that might be banned in the Rating games. That was the direction the conversation I was in was going. Try reading the post before my post that you quoted.

~Just throwing this out.
  • CCQ is based on ZGMF-X10A Freedom Gundam. This explains why the cannons are hidden under his wings, unlike his Triaina Bishop where the cannons and backpack just materializes.
  • Issei's new move is based on the DRAGOON system of ZGMF-X20A Strike Freedom Gundam.

Last edited by jopjopjop; 2014-01-21 at 22:14.
Old 2014-01-21, 22:30   Link #1056
Tbolt

Quote:
Ofc, I didn't mean that. That was meant as a joke since Rias' team is becoming more powerful as the series goes on and acquires techniques or new power ups that might be banned in the Rating games. That was the direction the conversation I was in was going. Try reading the post before my post that you quoted.
No big deal was just asking.
Old 2014-01-22, 10:58   Link #1057
Newhope

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
While I think the mini-dragons are a useful power, they aren't so out there as to make a rating game unfair imo. The reflection can be beaten with a strong enough attack, and Ise only has a limited amount of uses. They also aren't autonomous, so he would have to keep them in sight in order to give them directions with his will. He can't just tell them to head over to enemy base and use the reflection when they are attacked.

I will agree some of the Gremory team's powers will be banned though. Gasper's Balor form is flat out OP for one. Not sure about Koneko's purification power, as holy swords are allowed. There is also Rias' sphere thing.
And who in the rating game is going to have a attack powerful enough to get though those dragons?
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-22, 11:03   Link #1058
Ickarium

Possibly some of the Ultimate Devils in the top 10?

From what I can tell, they only label a power as not usable if one of two things happen: #1: It will kill you so fast that the teleportation effect can't get you out so you can be healed (see Rias' Black Hole power) or #2: It is socially embarrassing to the extent that people might pull out if used (see Issei's Dress Break and Breast-Reading Powers).

I don't think outright power is a deal breaker unless, again, it will insta-kill you.
Old 2014-01-22, 11:19   Link #1059
G147

Issei's only banned move by Rias is the Bilingual because it invades females' privacy. Dress Break is still allowed.
G147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-22, 11:20   Link #1060
Ickarium

Yeah, but they talked like it might be at first. Which is more or less what I mean. The social aspect.

(Frankly, I'm not surprised as it's also a game, as mentioned in the Sairaorg stuff. Stripping girls nude? Sure the crowd loves that, some of them.

Tags
light novel, translation