AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2006-05-23, 21:43   Link #81
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

The lottery is just stupid now...The team with the worst record gets the first pick in every draft but the NBA...Teams don't tank it like that anyway, and even if they did wouldn't be the first time...It's time for them to kill that whole thing...Portland could have gotten a hometown guy like Adam Morrison to change the image of their franchise...They didn't just tank the season they just sucked...Now their picking 4th and anybody who knows anything about the nba today knows the top 3 picks are usually all the draft has to offer(if that)...I mean Tyrus Thomas from my college LSU has a chance to be the top pick and he hasn't accomplished much in college at all, he just looks good as an athlete...The Nba draft is a joke...

On a bright note atleast my team the HEAT is beating Detroit's boring a$$ and Dallas beat the Spurs boring a$$...

Hey I hope more people post cause it would be fun to see what anime-heads have some basketball knowledge...
Old 2006-05-23, 23:37   Link #82
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Go Suns and Go Heat!
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-24, 00:20   Link #83
tritoch

Gah my memphis team died without a win in the playoffs again! oh well..

Im torn between the Heat/Pistons right now
tritoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-24, 02:09   Link #84
aahhsin

Mavs and Heats.

Can't believe Suns beat both L.A. teams... makes me hurl.
aahhsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-24, 11:33   Link #85
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by aahhsin
Well, they were better than those two teams, weren't they? But if they had changed the order of the first 4 teams, Phoenix should have been gone before the finals.

I believe this year was the most interesting year compared to the last years because of the balance among the teams.

I had wanted Cleveland to beat Pistons, for the most part, James was amazing, and they were very close to reach the finals. In the 6th game, near the end of the game, Pistons got lucky with the offensive boards and they finished in the last game, thanks to their experience, by completely sealing James. Anyway, Pistons' era can be over next year, and I am glad for that.

For the Mavs-Spurs series, Mavs deserved it. Duncan cannot be stopped but that wasn't the case with Nowitzki. Unfortunately, Spurs made him become so.

I guess the finals will be Mavs against Pistons, which can be considered as the most anticipated one among all possible scenarios.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-24, 11:40   Link #86
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Wade is so going to pwn j00 all ...
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-24, 19:55   Link #87
aahhsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt
Well, they were better than those two teams, weren't they? But if they had changed the order of the first 4 teams, Phoenix should have been gone before the finals.
Lakers, yes, Clippers no.

After watching the Laker/Suns series, the Suns lacked inside presence, and display a lot of weaknesses. All weaknesses that the Clippers could easily exploit. Mainly rebounding and the inside.
aahhsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-24, 21:22   Link #88
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Lakers, yes, Clippers no.

After watching the Laker/Suns series, the Suns lacked inside presence, and display a lot of weaknesses. All weaknesses that the Clippers could easily exploit. Mainly rebounding and the inside.
Suns lacked Stoudemire, hence, as you said, inside presence. And, I have just checked the stats, Clippers actually exploited that quiet a lot - but only in terms of rebounds and blocks, not in terms of fts - since neither Suns is a fouling team nor I believe Clippers have the talent of Spurs to exploit the inside weaknesses. That might be the only advantage they have. Suns have a better team play (more than ~50 assists in the whole series), more established play that results in less turnovers (~24 less turnovers), and better individual skills to gather the ball. Let's not forget that inside presence does not mean a lot if the other side can use the ball from outside as well.
Old 2006-05-24, 22:29   Link #89
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Man eventhough MY TEAM the Mavs lost what a game!

This has to be one of the greatest game 1's ever, so entertaining...So fun to watch...Dallas blew it, but Steve Nash made some ridiculous shots..I'm pi$$ed the Mavs lost, but damn what a game...
Old 2006-05-24, 22:57   Link #90
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Diaw was amazing in that game. However I fear that Bell is probably injured for the rest of the series and if that happens I don't think we'll be able to pull through.
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-25, 01:26   Link #91
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Two monsters on both sides; Nash with 27 points 16 assists (3 more than Dallas's total), Dirk with 25 points 19 rebounds, and neither are the best scorers in their teams. It is really great to see so many guys contributing, it makes the game a lot more exiting and interesting.
Old 2006-05-25, 01:38   Link #92
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

If Wade and Shaq don't get injured, they can advance to the finals. I believe in Wade.
Old 2006-05-25, 09:18   Link #93
SlugZilla
woofles

Quote:
Mavs and Heats.

Gotta suck for the Laker fans who were riding on the 3-1 series lead. I wanted to see a Clippers vs Lakers showdown too.

I think the Dallas/Spurs series was the highlight of the playoffs, hoping that the series subsequent will top it. Did anyone see Avery Johnson hitting Josh Howard in the groin in the final minutes?
SlugZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-28, 01:07   Link #94
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Wade was simply spectacular ... 35 points off 13 for 17 shooting ... it's time for revenge, finally. Go WADE!
Old 2006-06-02, 22:50   Link #95
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

MIAMI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!FTW!!!!!!!!!

Man so good to see Detroit get their brains beat in....

So the boring Pistons and boring Spurs are gone...Along with the Kobe Lakers all the teams I kinda hate are gone, so part of me is sad because I won't have "that team" to really root against...but atleast my heat are in there....Yeah!!
Old 2006-06-02, 23:08   Link #96
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I'm going for Heat against Dallas. Heat in six.

Wade had a flu. And the Heat won. O'Neal was spectacular - 12 for 14 shooting, and so was J. Will - 10 for 12 shooting.
Old 2006-06-04, 12:31   Link #97
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

This time, superstars+non-spectacular team play were able to beat Pistons (Cleveland had one, so they failed) that is considered to have spectacular team play. Wade was how he was. But, I believe the main factor was Shaq. I didn't expect him to perform this well, that's why I picked Pistons. Anyway, I am really glad that Miami was able to win before any injuries took place. I like Shaq and hope he gets another ring. Wish he were a few years younger, he might have achieved what he couldn't when he was with Kobe.
Old 2006-06-04, 13:02   Link #98
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

He's going to achieve what he didn't with Kobe. Total synergy with the other superstar, and I like Wade for not being haughty. At all.

So it's Dallas vs. Miami. I'm going for Heat in six.
Old 2006-06-08, 23:12   Link #99
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

$hit...the Heat lost...They just missed too many open shots in the second half..and Gary Payton has got to stop shooting 3's, he can't bleepin' shoot...Heat should have been up big at half-time but squandered all the good first half shooting...Dallas was tuff...they were my team until they played the Heat who I like more...but the Heat have too many turnovers that's (and the $hitty FT's) what ultimatley killed them..and I love Wade, but he has to take-over..all this waiting for the game to come to him crap...he's unstoppable and will get a foul almost everytime he drives..he waits too long to assert himself, it's frustrating...

For game 2 Payton needs to see less playing time I'm serious..this ain't the series for him...J-Will needs to play alot more to help with the uptempo...Maybe even bring Derek Anderson off the bench to play defense and give them fresh legs against Terry who is better than both Payton and Williams when they are defending him...Heat played pretty good other than their own unforced errors and still had a chance to win..I predict that they won't have as many turnovers and will win Game 2...But it ain't gonna be easy...Walker played pretty damn good even though he missed some 3's too...But Wade must be selfish and start to DOMINATE...that's what "the Greats" do...
Old 2006-06-08, 23:15   Link #100
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Walker shot too many jumpshots. The guy's afraid to go inside, damn it. The game must be centralized between Wade and O' Neal, and the others must play off them. Wade was still phenomenal - but the other guys didn't help, and O' Neal wasn't as dominant as he should be. I still trust in my team. Go, Heat!!!