AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-11-05, 09:32   Link #121
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
I don't really see this as possible.
The way the story is set, with the void century, and the implications that the WG and the marines are actually the 'bad guys', I think the last arc will be about some sort of war, which will shake up the world, and afterwards there will be no more marines or WG and therefore no rivals cominge from the marines.
The marines are not the bad guys (though there are bad people among the marines). The vast majority of them are doing a good job keeping the civilians of the world safe from various forms of harm. Even defeating the WG need not harm the Marines considering it is really just the Tenryuubito and the Gorosei that need to be defeated.

As it stands, even if the WG is destroyed by the end of the series, people like Coby and Tashigi would simply pick up their marine flags and continue doing their duty. Someone needs to stand to combat the pirates (of which a vast majority are bad).
Old 2012-11-05, 14:24   Link #122
marvelB

^Yeah, I don't see the marines being abolished, either. Rather, I pretty much figured a long time ago that people like Coby would reform the marines from the inside out after the WG's inevitable downfall. I mean, the world would pretty much fall into all-out ruin and anarchy without some sort of authority to uphold the law now, wouldn't it?

And.... I guess now I should mention that I STILL won't be able to make any new chapter threads yet. I was really hoping my computer would have been fixed by last week, but unfortunately Hurricane Sandy further prevented that from happening. So for now I guess you guys will have to count on James (or any other mods) for the moment (don't worry though, I'll let you know when I'll be able to resume duties).....
Old 2012-11-05, 14:33   Link #123
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
^Yeah, I don't see the marines being abolished, either. Rather, I pretty much figured a long time ago that people like Coby would reform the marines from the inside out after the WG's inevitable downfall. I mean, the world would pretty much fall into all-out ruin and anarchy without some sort of authority to uphold the law now, wouldn't it?

And.... I guess now I should mention that I STILL won't be able to make any new chapter threads yet. I was really hoping my computer would have been fixed by last week, but unfortunately Hurricane Sandy further prevented that from happening. So for now I guess you guys will have to count on James (or any other mods) for the moment (don't worry though, I'll let you know when I'll be able to resume duties).....
You live where Hurricane Sandy hit? My condolences for what happened there.
Old 2012-11-05, 14:53   Link #124
Blaat

I'm not sure how the Marines will be able to operate without the WG, who will finance them what will determine who protects what?
And without the WG who's going to hand out Luffy's final one billion (trillion maybe?) bounty as the pirate king?

For these reasons I think only the only the Tenryuubito and the Gorosei will be defeated and the WG itself will have a new type of government.
Old 2012-11-05, 15:46   Link #125
Kona
Banned

Speaking of the Gorosei..

Anybody else find it weird that the Gorosei guy has a sword? Looks like the first Kitetsu,Shodai.
Old 2012-11-05, 16:50   Link #126
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
I'm not sure how the Marines will be able to operate without the WG, who will finance them what will determine who protects what?
And without the WG who's going to hand out Luffy's final one billion (trillion maybe?) bounty as the pirate king?

For these reasons I think only the only the Tenryuubito and the Gorosei will be defeated and the WG itself will have a new type of government.
you just answer your own question. the new government will finance the marines or its successor.
Old 2012-11-05, 19:11   Link #127
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
You live where Hurricane Sandy hit? My condolences for what happened there.

Yeah, but thankfully the area I live in suffered barely any damage. Still feel bad about those who were less fortunate, though.....

But going back to the other conversation, I'm pretty sure that what I said before about the marines being reformed will apply to the WG, as well. Really, it would just be the "old" government with its corrupt, inbred leaders that will get destroyed. Of course it would be up to decent people like Coby to lend a hand in creating a new, stable government that works for everyone (preferably something like a republic, rather than the current one that's more along the lines of a dictatorship)......
Old 2012-11-06, 07:12   Link #128
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

Quote:

It might not be as bad as you think. Most places seem to typically have their own military and governments/ monarchy so things won't exactly fall in chaos.

Wow, hope things aren't too bad. Reports about Sandy aftermath look scary.
Old 2012-11-06, 14:24   Link #129
Rainbowman

Quote:
Yeah, but thankfully the area I live in suffered barely any damage. Still feel bad about those who were less fortunate, though.....

But going back to the other conversation, I'm pretty sure that what I said before about the marines being reformed will apply to the WG, as well. Really, it would just be the "old" government with its corrupt, inbred leaders that will get destroyed. Of course it would be up to decent people like Coby to lend a hand in creating a new, stable government that works for everyone (preferably something like a republic, rather than the current one that's more along the lines of a dictatorship)......
Speaking of which, today is election day, the dreaded day of judgement. This will be a close one for sure.
Old 2012-11-07, 02:17   Link #130
james0246

Spoilers have been released, so it's time for a new chapter thread. Please move all relevant discussions to the new thread.
Closed Thread

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion