AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-02-23, 02:54   Link #61
OkamiNoKaze

Hmm a Stan Lee produced anime, It looks pretty cool. If this works, maybe we'll see them adapt Ultimo.
Old 2010-02-23, 05:01   Link #62
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Anyone read any of the manga yet, and would like to share their thoughts on it so far?
Old 2010-02-23, 06:27   Link #63
duckroll
綺羅星★!

I don't really think much of the manga at all. It's not something I would want to keep reading.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-23, 09:24   Link #64
Adventury
Rail Tracer

The manga itself is relatively awful: it lacks any sort of artistic merit (the art is pretty lacking and so is the framing and flow) and the narrative proper doesn't do much to either entertain or distinguish itself. But if the base concept is well explored this could end up a much better animated piece, provided it has some spiffy animation and some solid direction to go with it , which I believe it will. That said I eagerly hope BONES doesn´t drop the ball and manages to make another fun and slickly produced Shounen/Mecha series.
Adventury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-26, 07:07   Link #65
duckroll
綺羅星★!

http://gangan.square-enix.co.jp/introduction/heroman/
Old 2010-02-26, 21:14   Link #66
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

I feel like I must ask, what does the 3/8 thing stand for? New information? Trailer? Series starting in March already?

Other than that, looking forward to this!

Last edited by Blue-kun; 2010-02-27 at 00:35.
Blue-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-27, 03:53   Link #67
duckroll
綺羅星★!

That's the date when the site will update with new information about the anime.
Old 2010-03-04, 00:14   Link #68
Nosauz

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
I don't really think much of the manga at all. It's not something I would want to keep reading.
well based off the manga, I wouldn't watch heroman at all, the manga was just sheer garbage, and from the manga's depiction of heroman, it seems pretty pedestrian in the whole mecha aspect. It doesn't have the sleek aesthetic that Xam'd had, or the epic nature of Raxephon, all in all, if the manga is any indication of what the narrative is gonna be like this looks like to be a big bomb for bones. I mean really? a scientist at a local high school? ugh, pretty flimsy writing, so hopefully the anime is absolutely nothing like the manga.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-06, 04:15   Link #69
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Seems like some details are out:

TV Tokyo, April 1st, 6pm

OP is by Tetsuya, ED is by Flow supposedly. There was a scan, but it has since been taken down from the image board. Did anyone save it?
Old 2010-03-06, 07:49   Link #70
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

Tetsuya as in Tetsuya Kakihara? Sort of weird to have a seiyuu singing the OP for a high-profile series such as this. Or maybe I'm just too used to actual well-known bands doing stuff for shows like these.

Also, April 1st, nice going. Most of the shows I'm interested in are starting early and that's awesome. Angel Beats is on the 2nd, too~.
Old 2010-03-06, 10:23   Link #71
duckroll
綺羅星★!

No, Tetsuya as in the bassist and leader of L'Arc. He does solo projects under the TETSUYA name, previously tetsu.

Credits for the first 2 eps of Heroman:

Ep1 - Beginning
Script: Akatsuki Yamatoya
Episode Director: Kunihiro Mori
Storyboard: Namimi Sanjo
Animation Director: Toshihiro Kawamoto

Ep2 - Encounter
Script: Akatsuki Yamatoya
Episode Director: Kotaro Tamura
Storyboard: Nekomataya
Animation Director: Isao Kamei & Nobuaki Nagano
Old 2010-03-06, 10:42   Link #72
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

OH, that Tetsuya. I'd have recognized him as tetsu anytime, but Tetsuya made me think of Kakihara for some reason.

Anyway, looking great, then. I'm really fond of tetsu and Laruku overall, so here's hoping for some epic tune to go along with the show.

The staff's looking good. Especially the Animation Director(s). Every name there has done work for some pretty impressive stuff.
Old 2010-03-07, 10:35   Link #73
duckroll
綺羅星★!

http://gangan.square-enix.co.jp/introduction/heroman/

IT'S UP!

Edit: Man, the animation is totally BONES! ^_^
Old 2010-03-07, 10:54   Link #74
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

Woot! Finally!

First things first -- The song's okay. But I've listened to so much better. It sort of feels like he's trying to sound way too much like a teen american punk rock band or so. Guess it's to match the show's theme?

As for the show itself, impressive animation detected, just as expected from BONES. My favourite bits were definitely the part where there's water dripping from HEROMAN's head and the whole explosion segment. That looked AWESOME! But overall the whole thing is looking really good, and, well, I supposed it was to be expected, given sometime ago you guys posted here information that they have been working on this series for the longest time now.

Either way, GET HYPE mode is on. Can't wait for April 1st!

PS: I am already in love with Lina and I haven't seen anything from her character aside from the design. Is this bad?
Old 2010-03-07, 11:09   Link #75
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

OH WOW!

The song like Blue-kun said is okay, though nothing mind blowing. The animation,on the other hand, was. It is expected that BONES would deliver in that regard but still, that trailer was incredible (even though I am still afraid from Stan Lee being involved in this still makes me glad it wasn't scrapped)

Looking at the events in the trailer, it looks like they will be trying to mix between the old origin stories of each country (Boy's toy accidentally gets hit by a bolt of lightning(American origin) and fights crime with the kid(Japan's plot)).

Looking forward to this!

I don't know why, but I always imagined that Beat Crusaders were the perfect match to a show like this.
Old 2010-03-07, 11:12   Link #76
Westlo
Lets be reality

Okay, totally hyped now! Looking the goods.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-07, 11:25   Link #77
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

Quote:
I don't know why, but I always imagined that Beat Crusaders were the perfect match to a show like this.
They were made to hit in America, after all.

But now that you mention it, I think it'd be a really nice choice, actually.

Also, been messing around the website a bit more, no sign of a staff list anywhere. What a shame, was looking forward to find out who the composer for this series was going to be!
Old 2010-03-07, 11:40   Link #78
duckroll
綺羅星★!

It's pretty funny how it took a little under 2 years (short of 3 weeks) to finally go from the creation of this thread to a trailer of the series. Lol.
Old 2010-03-07, 12:36   Link #79
Albafica
Pisces no saint

This trailer looks good! But I don't know if the story is good....

The song is cool! Good vibes!
Old 2010-03-07, 18:14   Link #80
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Watched the trailer .
It looks ok/so so .
Story seems to be like , a boy make a robot toy , one day an UFO enter in this toy then bring it alive , this robot will protect the boy . The boy can call him through his hand also he can protect himself with a barrier . Bad guy with the same UFO's entity come to the city and destroy it so the boy decide to protect it with the robot then become a Heroman
Well , this is not new .
Ow and don't forget the cute girl , the crazy scientist and the cool guy ^^
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bones, mecha