AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-05-18, 11:24   Link #21
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter
Firstly, Oro isn't the only one who said that Kabuto has the same level than Kakashi, Jiraiya said it as well.
I don't remember Jiraiya's saying this, but my original warning applies: since when did Jiraiya last see Kakashi in action? Those are their opinions, yes, and experienced people like the Sannins might be able to judge others' strength fairly accurately by merely looking, but I don't buy that.

Sigh, has poor Kakashi-sensei reached the point where he's nothing more than a measuring stick to make the bad guys look good? He is going back to the ANBU at this rate! >_<

On a side note: Oro's opinion of Jiraiya and vice versa are applicable because they've fought along side each other for many many years during war time, and by the time the two parted ways, they've already reached the point where it is difficult to improve by that much anymore (other than developing more unethical or perverted jutsus XD).

Quote:
Kabuto's chances are in his sneaky way of thinking, a ninja fight isn't just a regular combat in an arena.
If he can outsmart Kakashi inside a clever trap using his twisted medical abilities and jutsu to control the corpses, etc. then it's perfectly possible for Kakashi to lose against him.
Can't agree more!
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-18, 12:00   Link #22
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcasteak
I don't remember Jiraiya's saying this, but my original warning applies: since when did Jiraiya last see Kakashi in action? Those are their opinions, yes, and experienced people like the Sannins might be able to judge others' strength fairly accurately by merely looking, but I don't buy that.
He said that to Naruto at the beginning of the big fight.
Then if you don't buy that, buy that they're merely characters in a manga, all what they say is Kishimoto's words
If he made 2 of the strongest characters in his series repeat that Kabuto & Kakashi have about the same strength then it's true until the manga shows the opposite, that's all.

Quote:
Sigh, has poor Kakashi-sensei reached the point where he's nothing more than a measuring stick to make the bad guys look good? He is going back to the ANBU at this rate! >_<
Sad but true :/
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-18, 12:23   Link #23
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Then if you don't buy that, buy that they're merely characters in a manga, all what they say is Kishimoto's words
Bastard! >_<

Still, my reason for disagreement is fairly simple: even though both Jiraiya and Oro think so highly of Kabuto, I just don't see how Kabuto is at Kakashi's level...it's just a fundamental disbelief, unfortunately. = \
Old 2004-05-18, 12:47   Link #24
Nine Devil
Master(Vicious)'s Padawan

Quote:
Bastard! >_<

Still, my reason for disagreement is fairly simple: even though both Jiraiya and Oro think so highly of Kabuto, I just don't see how Kabuto is at Kakashi's level...it's just a fundamental disbelief, unfortunately. = \
You never visit ''What a character would never say thread'' eh? There they revealed the great truth about Kabuto. He is the leader of the Akatsuki!!! Don't underestimate Kabuto.
Old 2004-05-18, 12:51   Link #25
Dalavita
Jounin

I don't understand why everybodys undersetimating Kakashi (forums and manga)

I mean, he's a genious and such but people are messing around with him like he's trash.

And another thing.

I thought ANBU was elite ninjas, Konohas swat team or something like that but even then they still get there asses kicked every time. Makes one loose respect for them.

ANBU's coming! I've sent ANBU, then the ANBU get there asses kicked again and again and again.
Dalavita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-18, 13:02   Link #26
Joe Dalton

Like they said they are used 2 show how strong the bad guys are.
Joe Dalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-18, 13:06   Link #27
Dalavita
Jounin

I mean what the hell Kabuto killed what? Four? Eight? ANBU by himself when he tried to grab Sasuke and Kakashi made him retreat single handedely? I mean ANBU are the ones who hunt missing nins.
Old 2004-05-18, 13:07   Link #28
epyon96

Wasn't Orochimaru's words, "Kabuto, you are at best Kakashi's level. 'So get your a$$ in line or I'll whip you'".

(The last bit was just boredom)

LoLz. I agree with Sarcasteak in this one. It's a fundamental belief that Kakashi will own Kabuto in a fight. I seem to take that phrase as something along the lines of Kabuto is usuaully lower than Kakashi, however, there are times when he can surpass him (meaning scenerio based like the hospital escape scene).

Now Jiairyai might be just saying all that to scare Naruto off from fighting a fight he almost got himself killed in.

EPYON
epyon96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-18, 13:08   Link #29
Nine Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalavita
I mean what the hell Kabuto killed what? Four? Eight? ANBU by himself when he tried to grab Sasuke and Kakashi made him retreat single handedely? I mean ANBU are the ones who hunt missing nins.
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=11562

here is all of your answers all just click on Anbu
Old 2004-05-18, 13:10   Link #30
Joe Dalton

Oooooh ultimate answer...

Kakashi simply knocks of his glasses in a fight and wins muhahahahaha EVIL!
Joe Dalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-18, 13:15   Link #31
Dalavita
Jounin

Bah. I hate ANBU now

Everyones bragging about them like there all that and they get there asses kicked in an instant. Oh well, maybe they work in numbers...

Yeah Dalton I can figure Kakashi calling Kabuto a foureyes and Kabuto getting flashbacks from school while all the bullies were picking on him and then he starts crying and runs away like a sissy.
Old 2004-05-18, 13:22   Link #32
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalavita
Yeah Dalton I can figure Kakashi calling Kabuto a foureyes and Kabuto getting flashbacks from school while all the bullies were picking on him and then he starts crying and runs away like a sissy.
... or Kabuto snaps completely and beat the hell out of Kakashi shouting : Gimme back my Barbie you Harlock bastard!

Old 2004-05-18, 13:49   Link #33
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Devil
You never visit ''What a character would never say thread'' eh? There they revealed the great truth about Kabuto. He is the leader of the Akatsuki!!! Don't underestimate Kabuto.
You jokin' right? I was the one who posted that. ^_^;;
Old 2004-05-18, 13:51   Link #34
Nine Devil

Quote:
You jokin' right? I was the one who posted that. ^_^;;
I can't believe ignorance can reach this level:P

Ps. I knew it, it was you!
Old 2004-05-18, 13:55   Link #35
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

I think it's pretty clear the anime is building up to a Kakashi/Kabuto fight ...

Eventually Kakashi will prolly win cause he's a good guy but untill then it's speculation based on just about nothing.

I'm just waiting for the 1 liners that come in this manner " DUDE omaga !1 Kakashi will totally just chidori his nerd ass!"
Lexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-18, 14:46   Link #36
rorosama

Like tsunade, i don't think kabuto will die in a battle. He's a very strong med nin like tsunade. They aren't made for battle but when in a battle they can be as dangerous as one can get. If kabuto can heal from a rasengan then a chidori can be no problem. I think after using every ounce of chakra left, he'd beat kakashi.
rorosama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-18, 15:24   Link #37
Copy Ninja
red eye from smokin'

Kakashi would let the fight go for a bit to see if he could aquire any new techniques, but if he was in any danger of losing, he'd get the chidori off for the vic.

as said earlier, Kabuto may be on the same lvl, but i dont think that goes for them battling head to head.
Copy Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-18, 15:38   Link #38
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by rorosama
Like tsunade, i don't think kabuto will die in a battle. He's a very strong med nin like tsunade. They aren't made for battle but when in a battle they can be as dangerous as one can get. If kabuto can heal from a rasengan then a chidori can be no problem. I think after using every ounce of chakra left, he'd beat kakashi.
Actually, Kabuto would surely have much more problem to heal the kind of damage caused by a Chidori or by a Rasengan kept in the hand as Jiraiya did against the tree, The Rasengan of Naruto 'just' pushed him away extremely strongly (and crushing Kabuto's abdomen at the same time ^^).

But a Chidori would have pierced Kaburo's chest, destroying inner organs and probably the spinal column, that's the kind of damage that only Tsunade can deal with so far in the story.

Kabuto has an insane abilities to heal himself but it's nothing against Tsunade's regenerative abilities.
Except probably a straight head-cut, nothing can kill her.
Old 2004-05-18, 15:47   Link #39
raikage
日本語を食べません!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rorosama
I doubt this very, very much. The Rasengan is a hammer, a 1 inch knife, that can shred the outside of the body. The Chidori is a spear that can slam straight through you. Can Kabuto recover from a stab straight through his heart or a lung (or possibly both)? I'd have to say no.

If you do adapt medical techniques for battle (like Kabuto did), then they'd be close-range offensive techniques and defensive/healing. The problem with using healing techniques as a plan is that you have to wait until the damage is done. To use medical techniques offensively, you'd probably have to be faster than the opponent in question. The technique Kabuto uses is a crude version of the 64 Hands - using chakra to cut away at muscles and blood vessles inside the body, and another technique where a touch can be devestating. However, it really wouldn't stop your opponent's jutsus or, if they have the ability to heal themselves, from doing that.

So, in conclusion, I don't think Kabuto's techniques are adequate to cope with the likes of Kakashi unless Kabuto is fast enough to tag Kakashi repeatedly, which is possible, but I doubt it.

Nuts...Hunter responded first...stupid long(er) posts...
raikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-18, 15:52   Link #40
S7EV3n
Music is my LIFE~!

Quote:
I don't think you guys should dwell too much on that comparison by Oro; he said at best Kabuto is at Kakashi's level. Besides, since when was the last time Oro saw Kakashi? 10+ years ago? Oro wasn't in the right position to assess this accurately. Also, the whole reason Oro used Kakashi as comparison was to remind him the huge level gap between Kabuto (elite jounin-level at best) and himself (one of the Legendary Three)--Oro could've used any Leaf jounin as reference, so why not use the famous Copy Ninja?

I'd say Kakashi win due to experience, analytical/observational ability, Sharingan, speed, and archive of jutsus.
thats very reasonable ~ ^_^+
S7EV3n is offline   Reply With Quote