AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

Old 2011-03-02, 18:00   Link #3481
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Sabato View Post
Sooo... any idea why the latest chapter is titled "Strike Witches?"
because Fiore was not wearing any pants
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-02, 19:45   Link #3482
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Currently they are at day 4 of the search and since day 1 was ten days before the dance festival that means that assuming Kanon gets rescued on the same day then that means there's around one more week before the festival.

Hopefully we see some School Days action from Keima.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-02, 21:31   Link #3483
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Why are Haqua so embarrassed seeing Fione naked?

Is it just an excuse for her to turn around so she will be attacked from behind?
Old 2011-03-02, 22:01   Link #3484
Archaic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Actually, all the gods you mentioned are polythestic religions based on the Shinto-Buddhism-Taoism (and possibly hinduism, but checking through it is a waste of time because they have a thousand gods).

I doubled checked through all the Kanji of the other girls with my mum (who is a Taoist). And nope, none of them has goddess-related names. The only two other closest I could get is the kanji of surnames containing the word "temple" or "hall". And they are Yui Goido (五位堂) and Shiori Shiomiya (汐宮) ("Five-person temple" and "Evening-tide hall" literally and respectively). The next closest is Terada (寺田), which means "monastery field". And I just realised that Miyako is a tracker too, making her a potential candidate for Mercury.

Other girls with related names are Takahara (high plains), Kosaka (small hump/mountain), Haibara (rich plains)...not much other than explaining why they are all petta- *IS SHOT*.
Um, I think you may have missed the point of the original post there. The point made was that they had names which sounded a bit like the names of deities from various religions, not that the kanji in those names actually meant anything.

Kanon => Kanonnon
Tenri => Tengri OR Tenrikyo
Tsukiyo => Tsukiyomi

Also, it's not their family names that we should be checking based on that theory, but their personal names.

So, with that in mind, can anyone with a bit of knowledge of mythology come up with any obvious connections to the girls names?
Archaic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-03, 01:48   Link #3485
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaic View Post
Um, I think you may have missed the point of the original post there. The point made was that they had names which sounded a bit like the names of deities from various religions, not that the kanji in those names actually meant anything.

Kanon => Kanonnon
Tenri => Tengri OR Tenrikyo
Tsukiyo => Tsukiyomi

Also, it's not their family names that we should be checking based on that theory, but their personal names.

So, with that in mind, can anyone with a bit of knowledge of mythology come up with any obvious connections to the girls names?
I think you are the one who missed the point of my post.

Quote:
I doubled checked through all the Kanji of the other girls with my mum (who is a Taoist).
Every single character, split into surname-given name combinations, and I turned up nothing.

If you think you can turn up something with just the given names, write back soon. There is nothing wrong with being open-minded and extrapolating a little.

Besides, if you do know how to read kanji in their alternate forms of Cantonese, Mandarin or Hanja, you would realise that the meanings are usually the same, along with the same phonetic set for each form of reading. And probably the same alliterations, malapropisms, and vernacular jokes too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game8910 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Why are Haqua so embarrassed seeing Fione naked?

Is it just an excuse for her to turn around so she will be attacked from behind?
No. It is just that Fiore is jealous of Hakua being above her all the time, so she is plotting for a chance to be the seme for once.

I suppose that now she has Hakua grabbed, she may engage in some surreptitious actions....

No Shiori go away! You heard nothing!

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-03, 02:04   Link #3486
GlancingReverse

I would lol if playing around with Hakua was what caused her to be stalled long enough for Keima and Tsukiyo to come to the rescue.
GlancingReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-03, 02:18   Link #3487
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post

No. It is just that Fiore is jealous of Hakua being above her all the time, so she is plotting for a chance to be the seme for once.

I suppose that now she has Hakua grabbed, she may engage in some surreptitious actions....

No Shiori go away! You heard nothing!
Don't worry Shiori is only into guy on guy action, yuri is not her thing.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-03, 08:03   Link #3488
godgiven25

@SaintessHeart

Wow, you sure are a Yuri fan, no wonder why you hate Yaoi so much.
godgiven25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-03, 08:52   Link #3489
paladinenvec

Quote:
Originally Posted by godgiven25 View Post
@SaintessHeart

Wow, you sure are a Yuri fan, no wonder why you hate Yaoi so much.
I think that we know already what he does with every character that he grabs and takes home, forcing yuri between girls??? O_o? somebody stop him!!!... no... i won't =P
paladinenvec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-03, 20:26   Link #3490
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Keima's the uke and Yui's the seme xD... But with Fiore in guys clothing... Keima is seme...

Anyway...

Keima: Oh ye of little faith, why did you doubt?
Haqua: Shut up.
Old 2011-03-03, 22:11   Link #3491
ellifeedn
Thinker

Perhaps Keima planned for Haqua to do something like this and came up with a plan to deal with it.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-04, 00:46   Link #3492
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
....You're joking right ?

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-04, 05:43   Link #3493
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

For all we know Keima is just Crazy Prepared.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-05, 00:00   Link #3494
AlaAlba

uhm..... I cant wait for a spoiler... I hope it will out sooner than the usual, as this week was a break.
AlaAlba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-05, 00:08   Link #3495
New/Old
Old to the New

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaAlba View Post
uhm..... I cant wait for a spoiler... I hope it will out sooner than the usual, as this week was a break.
I... hate to say this, but the next spoiler will come next Friday-Saturday.
Old 2011-03-05, 05:19   Link #3496
AlaAlba

ough, you are right.... aaaaAAAARGH!!

in my mind two weeks already passed, lol, ... oh well at least negima is not in a break week
AlaAlba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-05, 12:52   Link #3497
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaAlba View Post
ough, you are right.... aaaaAAAARGH!!

in my mind two weeks already passed, lol, ... oh well at least negima is not in a break week
yeah it really sucks for the 3 weekly mangas I read atm

TWGOK - NOOO Y U TAKE A BREAK!!
Negima - PLEASE DONT TAKE A BREAK AGAIN!!
Hayate - GO TAKE A BREAK ALREADY!!
Old 2011-03-05, 12:55   Link #3498
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
yeah it really sucks for the 3 weekly mangas I read atm

TWGOK - NOOO Y U TAKE A BREAK!!
Negima - PLEASE DONT TAKE A BREAK AGAIN!!
Hayate - GO TAKE A BREAK ALREADY!!
Hayate No Gotoku? Heck I totally had no time to read it after 250! I was hoping for a crossover soon or sometime because both of them are the only manga I read atm.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2011-03-05, 13:13   Link #3499
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

well the only HnG/Kami nomi crossover I've seen was actually 2 days ago on a special radio show made to celebrate the release of Kanon's new Album "Birth". Because it was held on March 3rd (which happens to be Kanon's b-day) they also had a special guest and it ended up being Itou Shizuka (VA of Hinagiku) and they were talking about how it was Hina and Kanon's birthday on the same day...how it was a very pink day, how they both serialize on the same magazine, etc...

but we're getting off track here...i will suffer withdrawal symptoms this week for sure
Old 2011-03-05, 13:43   Link #3500
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
well the only HnG/Kami nomi crossover I've seen was actually 2 days ago on a special radio show made to celebrate the release of Kanon's new Album "Birth". Because it was held on March 3rd (which happens to be Kanon's b-day) they also had a special guest and it ended up being Itou Shizuka (VA of Hinagiku) and they were talking about how it was Hina and Kanon's birthday on the same day...how it was a very pink day, how they both serialize on the same magazine, etc...

but we're getting off track here...i will suffer withdrawal symptoms this week for sure
Nao Toyoma is a relatively new VA, whereas Shizuka Ito has been quite popular for Hinagiku (which is the most popular character in HnG).

And wow...Hina has the same birthday as Kanon?

Tags
comedy, harem, shounen