AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Gundam Build Fighters - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 6 27.27%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 7 31.82%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 4 18.18%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 9.09%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 4.55%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 4.55%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 4.55%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-11-06, 21:00   Link #41
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
I find it odd that this is practically a guntaku dream where everything gets mashed together in a light-hearted package. Last time that happened was G Gundam, why is GBF treated so differently by franchise followers?

After all, what is Gundam if not blocky mechs in gratuitous combat, mountains of references to all previous series, recurring themes, just in a different setting (or different part of the timeline)? Because being "serious", "no bullshit" and "kill em all" is not a constant thread through all Gundam series. Even blocky might not be constant (Turn A wasn't blocky).

Or has fans, in the pursuit of "purity", completely forgotten what fun Gundam is about? Like everything wrong with fans in modern entertainment?
Because G was a story of its own with fist fighting gundams and some pretty crazy designs and scenes

This is more believable as it makes a plot which centers around something which exists and people enjoy (gunpla), and to top it off the mechs are drawn from most of the series
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-08, 01:08   Link #42
s07195
However,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurelis View Post
Despite the battles recently, nothing has wow-ed me like the match between Yuuki and Reiji. The movement details such as the low sweep and the upward beam saber made the match far more entertaining.
And then it turns out this feeling is EXACTLY what they're trying to make you feel. XD

Quote:
I don't know about you guys but in my gunpla imagination, I've always dreamed, wished and hoped that I would wake up to see my model kits missing. And as I ventured out, I am suddenly blinded by lights and smoke, to which I will find a pretty pilot extending her hand to me, helped me aboard the Ex-S Gundam and bring me away on a space fleet consisted only of the prettiest of pilots and my model kits which have turned into full working units. We then fire a nuke on Earth and sail away on the mothership, terrorizing galaxies.
Huh, whenever I tried imagining anything with Gundam models, I'd be moving it around in my room as different sets, and more often than not I'd find pieces everywhere afterwards. I blame it on the SEED models being so fragile.

Quote:
You notice how often they use their head vulcans in this show to force enemy to evade, despite how redundant we know that weapon is?
What, you mean they aren't perfectly legitimate, powerful enough to make a difference, and viable option?

I get a feeling that it's the Gundam Builder spirit in them saying: "I can fix pieces back together, but I can't let you get scratches on it!" XD
Old 2013-11-08, 02:25   Link #43
Aurelis
Daydreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by s07195 View Post
Huh, whenever I tried imagining anything with Gundam models, I'd be moving it around in my room as different sets, and more often than not I'd find pieces everywhere afterwards. I blame it on the SEED models being so fragile.

What, you mean they aren't perfectly legitimate, powerful enough to make a difference, and viable option?

I get a feeling that it's the Gundam Builder spirit in them saying: "I can fix pieces back together, but I can't let you get scratches on it!" XD
SEED and loose pieces! Lost my RG Freedom's hip-mounted beam sabers. It never looked the same anymore.

And head vulcans are like pea shooter I've never seen any pilot use it to kill a human, which I think that's what it is, an anti-personnel weapon. And the only Mobile Suit killing people have either been crashing the suit into someone or the infamous Sinanju beam saber-ing the soldier who bombed his head.

But you raised a valuable point, regarding the scratches "I didn't make this unit battle damaged for a reason!"
Aurelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-08, 03:11   Link #44
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
And the only Mobile Suit killing people have either been crashing the suit into someone or the infamous Sinanju beam saber-ing the soldier who bombed his head.
Umm...IIRC there's some Zakus which took out EF' & guerrilla footsoldiers in 08th MS Team & MS IGLOO 2 with their machine guns & anti-personnel weapons.

From CE, there's the Slaughter Daggers which massacred the coordinators in the camp with their foot-machine guns in Stargazer. Not to mention the GINNs which also massacred the surrendering EA soldiers during Panama siege in SEED.

I'm sure there are others, but can't remember them right now.
Old 2013-11-08, 06:29   Link #45
Aurelis
Daydreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Umm...IIRC there's some Zakus which took out EF' & guerrilla footsoldiers in 08th MS Team & MS IGLOO 2 with their machine guns & anti-personnel weapons.

From CE, there's the Slaughter Daggers which massacred the coordinators in the camp with their foot-machine guns in Stargazer. Not to mention the GINNs which also massacred the surrendering EA soldiers during Panama siege in SEED.

I'm sure there are others, but can't remember them right now.
Thanks for the reminder! And there's also the 00 Throne destroying the civilians.
Old 2013-11-08, 18:37   Link #46
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by s07195 View Post

Actually, it isn't, to a certain degree. In the original series, using vulcans to make the opponent dodge is actually a demonstration of the opponent's noobness, as veteran pilots know that vulcans cannot penetrate their MS' armor. They basically only had one use: damage sensors and exposed wiring. Junior pilots flinch and dodge, giving the hero a chance to exploit. Veterans just tank it and keep on pushing the Gundam back.

Sei, being a veteran builder, knows this for a fact, which is why in the imagination battle, he didn't move.

Vulcans in other series however were used more as anti-personnel weapons and rightly so. In the later UC series, vulcans were also used more in anti-personnel combat. However, some later MS don't even carry vulcans because it was so situational. These may have AP flechette charges, which don't exactly work in space (needs gravity to tell the pod where down is). It may be too slow to pull out a dedicated weapon to fight one lone guy in a suit. Other times, the pilot is trying to make a point that he just doesn't care (Sinanju's every action). That results in beam weapon "overkill" against soft targets.
Old 2013-11-08, 19:19   Link #47
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Mounted vulcans in Gundam are also used as anti-missile weaponry, aren't they?
Old 2013-11-08, 19:30   Link #48
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Mounted vulcans in Gundam are also used as anti-missile weaponry, aren't they?
Yes. Athrun used Aegis's vulcans to destroy a bunch of missiles coming at him in eps 2 of SEED.

But I think that can only be done by pilots whose reaction is quick enough to fend off numerous missiles coming at them using vulcans only. I imagine the average EA pilots can't pull off what Athrun did with Aegis.
Old 2013-11-08, 19:45   Link #49
Frontier

The Double X was able to destroy an MS with just its Head Vulcans. It was a very lightly reinforced MS mind you .
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-08, 19:46   Link #50
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

And the Devil Gundam was able to shred apart a particularly formidable Gundam with its head vulcans, so I think it has them all trumped as far as vulcan firepower goes.
Old 2013-11-08, 23:06   Link #51
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Didn't Build Strike destroyed GP02's hand+beam saber with vulcans?
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-09, 18:08   Link #52
quagmire

Didn't Wing Gundam heavily damage a Leo in episode 6 with its vulcans before finishing it off with its beam saber?
quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-09, 18:30   Link #53
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Not sure that's a valid qualification. Anything could finish off a Leo with a piece of shit weaponry so long as it wasn't piloted by one of the Gundam pilots.
Old 2013-11-09, 19:18   Link #54
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Yes. Athrun used Aegis's vulcans to destroy a bunch of missiles coming at him in eps 2 of SEED.

But I think that can only be done by pilots whose reaction is quick enough to fend off numerous missiles coming at them using vulcans only. I imagine the average EA pilots can't pull off what Athrun did with Aegis.
The rapid fire feature would compensate for any lack of accuracy, if there is one at short range.

Anyway, it could be a more powerful weapon in Build Fighters.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-09, 20:59   Link #55
Kyosuke_Nanbu

Do anyone here want to see a Stark Jegan or Rezel tear Kiryshia apart in the tournament?
Kyosuke_Nanbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-09, 22:34   Link #56
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyosuke_Nanbu View Post
Do anyone here want to see a Stark Jegan or Rezel tear Kiryshia apart in the tournament?
A what?

Did you mean Kshatriya?

If so then yes, Stark Jegan in particular
Old 2013-11-10, 21:03   Link #57
Aurelis
Daydreamer

Oh yes, that would just be lovely since it "appeared" to be equal to the Kshatriya in that Unicorn episode but alas, I don't think we're gonna see any Unicorn series units in the show

Cause if it was possible, then I wanna see a Banshee shred Unicorn like it did to the Delta Plus.
Old 2013-11-11, 03:48   Link #58
Skye629

Quote:
Oh yes, that would just be lovely since it "appeared" to be equal to the Kshatriya in that Unicorn episode but alas, I don't think we're gonna see any Unicorn series units in the show

Cause if it was possible, then I wanna see a Banshee shred Unicorn like it did to the Delta Plus.
I want to see a Jegan tear apart a Sinanju xD

Actually better yet:

I want to see Hi-Nu vs Nightingale

That would be EPIC
Old 2013-11-11, 13:53   Link #59
He00Ro

Quote:
Originally Posted by quagmire View Post
Didn't Wing Gundam heavily damage a Leo in episode 6 with its vulcans before finishing it off with its beam saber?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Not sure that's a valid qualification. Anything could finish off a Leo with a piece of shit weaponry so long as it wasn't piloted by one of the Gundam pilots.
Wing Zero's vulcan destroyed: Space Mines, Taurus and Virgo
So in Wing I don't think it is a big deal
He00Ro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-11, 14:25   Link #60
quagmire

Quote:
Originally Posted by He00Ro View Post
Wing Zero's vulcan destroyed: Space Mines, Taurus and Virgo
So in Wing I don't think it is a big deal
Wing Zero's machine cannons are more powerful than the typical vulcan guns of the other Gundams.
quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote