Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-02-06, 15:54   Link #1
Raiga
tl;dr

Manga to read in Japanese

I love going to the Kinokuniya downtown but I never know what I should buy. I watch a lot more anime than read manga so I don't really know what's good/famous/classic/etc in manga. So I'm hoping for some suggestions so I have some titles in mind next time I head down there. I'll take light novel suggestions too but my reading speed is still a little very slow, and I'd rather finish the LNs I've already bought first... ^^;;

I'm not terribly picky, but I'm looking for:
- First and foremost something that would be on the shelves of the NYC Kinokuniya. This probably means something relatively new, popular, or both.
- Preferably something I have not already seen the anime for (I'm looking for something new) unless the manga is really really just a bajillion times better. Here's my anime list.
- The one thing I'm kinda picky about is art. If the story's really good I won't mind, and it doesn't have to be a masterpiece on each page, but preferably something that looks attractive.

Otherwise, anything you thought was good. Thanks and cookies in advance!
Old 2011-02-06, 16:50   Link #2
signorRossi

Takemitsu Zamurai, fantastic art (the artist needs half of the first volume to refine his drawings, though) and good story (not very original, but pace, characterisation and depth to characters are great). I definitely will buy it the moment it is released in English or German, I really want it on my bookshelf.
Then the 'Nausicaa' manga, whose story is much, much better and broader in scope than the anime. Not recent, though. Already have it on my bookshelf.
Mugen no Juunin has also good art, a lot of volumes, though. The artbook for it looks kinda nice, it contains a lot of art from the manga, though. There is also an English version which I wanted to buy, but I waited to long and now it isn't available on Amazon Italia anymore.

Last edited by signorRossi; 2011-02-06 at 17:03.
Closed Thread