AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2013-07-29, 16:48   Link #30321
Providenceangle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post

Don’t you understand marketing? If the one getting the Blu-ray is Wing TV series, then the logical thing to do for Bandai is to make the kits for the rest of the TV Gundams & other TV MSs to help promote the Blu-ray and vice-versa. Why would they want to make EW kits which is unrelated to the Wing TV release? They can save that for when Endless Waltz got released in Remastered Blu-ray. They did the same with SEED & Destiny Remaster. They didn’t release Destiny’s RGs when they still promoting SEED Remaster.

Mine can hold it pretty damn well with no glue or any other assistance. Just try not to be lazy and fiddle with the kit a little.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
They have a gold mine, but lack the understanding of how to run it properly. Otherwise Gundam would be far more successful then it is. It would be on tv stations world wide, playing all the time, making tons of money. Local stores to buy gunpla. Like back in the 90-00s.

Yeah Strike RM has ruined me... I went ahead and ordered Aegis, Buster, Blitz, Destiny... I have to wait for Duel to come back in stock. Not that I like it that much. I wouldn't even put the armor on it.

Last edited by Providenceangle; 2013-07-29 at 17:07.
Providenceangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-29, 17:00   Link #30322
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Still doesn't help the fact that:

a. it uses the older style hands
b. the kit is over 9 years old
c. the backpack's ratcheted joint is likely to wear out easily and then the wings won't hold up
d. the kit lacks the inner frame and has what you could barely call an inner frame
suiton629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-29, 17:06   Link #30323
Providenceangle

Quote:
Originally Posted by suiton629 View Post

c. the backpack's ratcheted joint is likely to wear out easily and then the wings won't hold up
d. the kit lacks the inner frame and has what you could barely call an inner frame
It's cool to get re-releases. Without a doubt. You have to see it how they do. They can sell the old kit, people buy it. Why change it? As for the nitpick about the backpack. Use some CA glue. Loose parts will happen no matter what! Even if you glue the pollycaps, paint the kit... It's always gonna get loose. heh

Last edited by Providenceangle; 2013-07-29 at 17:31.
Old 2013-07-29, 17:09   Link #30324
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Quote:

My Wing Ver.ka is about 4 years old now, and the Wings and the backpack are as solid as ever. The Wings are properly one the sturdiest and most solid ones Bandai has released so far. And that was 9 years ago
StrikeFreedomV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-29, 17:11   Link #30325
suiton629
Master Grade Master

So you're saying that if Bandai does a Wing EW RM Ver. and a Wing Zero EW RM Ver that you wouldn't want it?

And isn't it like the minimal number of years til Bandai does a revamp like 9+ years? It has been that long, Wing is making a come back in many aspects... I think now is a good time. They could release it along with the Nataku, Sandrock Kai EW, Heavyarms Kai EW, and Tallgeese III.
Old 2013-07-29, 17:17   Link #30326
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Reason A,B, and D are just some whining from lazy people, not real problems. The kits still functioning very well and solid with great articulation despite that. Reason C have no relation with Wing EW as it has pretty solid backpack. Even for Wing Zero, it won’t be a problem as long as you be gentle with your kit (like mine) and not play it roughly. Kits are not children's toys.
Old 2013-07-29, 17:19   Link #30327
Providenceangle

Quote:
Reason A,B, and D are just some whining from lazy people, not real problems. The kits still functioning very well and solid with great articulation despite that. Reason C have no relation with Wing EW as it has pretty solid backpack. Even for Wing Zero, it won’t be a problem as long as you be gentle with your kit (like mine) and not play it roughly. Kits are not children's toys.
But I like playing with my kits! Pew pew! lol
Old 2013-07-29, 17:22   Link #30328
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
So you're saying that if Bandai does a Wing EW RM Ver. and a Wing Zero EW RM Ver that you wouldn't want it?

And isn't it like the minimal number of years til Bandai does a revamp like 9+ years? It has been that long, Wing is making a come back in many aspects... I think now is a good time. They could release it along with the Nataku, Sandrock Kai EW, Heavyarms Kai EW, and Tallgeese III.
No one is saying they wouldn't want a new shiny toy(who doesn't in this regard) they are just saying there aren't any real big problems with what we have already, problems yes but nothing a good gunpla enthusiast couldn't handle or deal with.

In another 10 years I'm sure you'll be saying the say things about todays current models as you are about yesteryears models.
You should really just kinda give it a rest already, we all want new and better kits it's kind of a prerequisite for anyone in the hobby but we just don't need to say it out all the time.

Btw btween the 2 GP01 kits which is everyone's preferred model?
Old 2013-07-29, 17:23   Link #30329
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
No one is saying they wouldn't want a new shiny toy(who doesn't in this regard) they are just saying there aren't any real big problems with what we have already, problems yes but nothing a good gunpla enthusiast couldn't handle or deal with.

In another 10 years I'm sure you'll be saying the say things about todays current models as you are about yesteryears models.
You should really just kinda give it a rest already, we all want new and better kits it's kind of a prerequisite for anyone in the hobby but we just don't need to say it out all the time.

Btw btween the 2 GP01 kits which is everyone's preferred model?
I think that question is split between people.
I think that's why a lot of retailers are offering a deal these days where you can buy both releases at a slightly discounted rate.
Old 2013-07-29, 17:23   Link #30330
Providenceangle

Quote:
Between the 2 GP01 kits which is everyone's preferred model?
I like the regular. I'll get both kits though. Even if I don't fancy the FB, it's another GP01! lol
Old 2013-07-29, 17:28   Link #30331
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Providenceangle View Post
But I like playing with my kits! Pew pew! lol
Like I said, playing it gently, not playing it roughly like kids playing with their G.I. Joes .
Old 2013-07-29, 17:31   Link #30332
Providenceangle

Quote:
Like I said, playing it gently, not playing it roughly like kids playing with their G.I. Joes .
MAN! I miss G.I. Joe so much...

Honestly I'm hating the MG Wing gundam more and more... I'm doing the shoulder mod to get it, to look like the HG. This thing is super flimsy. I never even did any posing. And modding the chest and head for leds, shouldn't have caused this much loosey goosiness...
Old 2013-07-29, 17:54   Link #30333
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
I like the regular. I'll get both kits though. Even if I don't fancy the FB, it's another GP01! lol
I like the Zephyranthes more but the FB has got the better legs imo.
Not too fond of the boosters on the FB tho but it's abit of a unique look also.

Guess the question is "where is ma Physalis?!"

Altho would still be nice to get some grunt RGS.
Old 2013-07-29, 18:12   Link #30334
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
I heard it’s coming soon. IIRC RG GP02 even gets more priority than RG GP03.
Old 2013-07-29, 18:17   Link #30335
Providenceangle

Quote:
I like the Zephyranthes more but the FB has got the better legs imo.
Not too fond of the boosters on the FB tho but it's abit of a unique look also.

Altho would still be nice to get some grunt RGS.
See if you can do a kit bash. You might be able to combine the lower waist with the upper torso. It'll be costly but, you get exactly what you want. Being a RG, it'll look good without any crazy mods too!

Poor Wing... Getting hacked up more:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-07-30, 00:50   Link #30336
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Question. How should I go about to mash the Ver.Ka Nu with Hi-Nu? I want to somehow make a backpack for the Ver.Ka Nu so that the backpack would resemble the Hi-Nu, but just drilling two holes on the side of the backpack and squeeze the binders... and there's also the two fuel tanks to be mounted too.

Should I somehow scratch build the whole backpack?

edit: Just how do I get a hold of the Evolve version of Hi-Nu... that TT Hongli knockoff is $70USD if I were to get it, not worth the price...

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Last edited by panzerfan; 2013-07-30 at 01:36.
panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-30, 02:28   Link #30337
Skye629

Quote:
IMO if you want to play with your kits HGs are the way to go, I relegate MGs to solely display duty :P

Quote:
I think that question is split between people.
I think that's why a lot of retailers are offering a deal these days where you can buy both releases at a slightly discounted rate.
Thats great for me XD Im only getting one

@earlier question: I prefer the Zephyranthes, thats y Im getting the RG FB and hold out praying for a MG 2.0/3.0/whatever update they make Zephyranthes

@Suiton: We are 100% NOT going to see a Wing EW remake anytime soon, Bandai already repackaged and resold it only about 1-2 years ago, which would have been pointless and a waste of money if they WERE planning a new version of it any time soon. As they went ahead with a simple repackage they obviously had no plans for a new one at the time being for the near future.

We MIGHT though see a new Wing Zero EW MG soon with the progression of the GotL manga, when Heero acquires and pimps it out. This haves a much better chance
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-30, 05:30   Link #30338
Providenceangle

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan View Post
Question. How should I go about to mash the Ver.Ka Nu with Hi-Nu? I want to somehow make a backpack for the Ver.Ka Nu so that the backpack would resemble the Hi-Nu, but just drilling two holes on the side of the backpack and squeeze the binders... and there's also the two fuel tanks to be mounted too.

Should I somehow scratch build the whole backpack?

edit: Just how do I get a hold of the Evolve version of Hi-Nu... that TT Hongli knockoff is $70USD if I were to get it, not worth the price...
You probably will have to scratch build the pack out of styrene. I thought about doing something similar but, the ver ka is crazy expensive. Maybe someone has their build on a forum? I've seen that conversion use the Hi Nu backpack... But buying the mg Hi Nu just for that, is insane.

Yep. Lots of people did the Hi Nu backpack swap: http://gundamguy.blogspot.ca/2013/04...tom-build.html It's insane to pay 150 dollars with paint though...
Old 2013-07-30, 05:52   Link #30339
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
You probably will have to scratch build the pack out of styrene. I thought about doing something similar but, the ver ka is crazy expensive. Maybe someone has their build on a forum? I've seen that conversion use the Hi Nu backpack... But buying the mg Hi Nu just for that, is insane.

Yep. Lots of people did the Hi Nu backpack swap: http://gundamguy.blogspot.ca/2013/04...tom-build.html It's insane to pay 150 dollars with paint though...
That's the thing. It's just... I already had to pay about a hundred bucks for my Ver.Ka, and I am not sure if I want to cut up the Hi-Nu.

The main problem that I have is that Hi-Nu does not have a backpack, as the propellent tanks and the binders are attached to the back of the torso! If I were to go the kitbashing route, I will need to destroy the back of the Hi-Nu.

If I modify Ver.Ka's backpack though, I have one problem, and that's the issue of articulation. I don't know how to retain the ability to swing the binders left and right as you could with Hi-Nu. I need something very sturdy, such as the Wing Gundam's wing backpack joints to be fixed on the backpack somehow... I don't know how I can fashion strong of a joint through scratch building, especially if I have to let it swivel.

(Or maybe I should just stick to painting the Ver.Ka Nu in Lavender like how Hi-Nu looked like...

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-30, 06:14   Link #30340
Providenceangle

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan View Post
That's the thing. It's just... I already had to pay about a hundred bucks for my Ver.Ka, and I am not sure if I want to cut up the Hi-Nu.

The main problem that I have is that Hi-Nu does not have a backpack, as the propellent tanks and the binders are attached to the back of the torso! If I were to go the kitbashing route, I will need to destroy the back of the Hi-Nu.

If I modify Ver.Ka's backpack though, I have one problem, and that's the issue of articulation. I don't know how to retain the ability to swing the binders left and right as you could with Hi-Nu. I need something very sturdy, such as the Wing Gundam's wing backpack joints to be fixed on the backpack somehow... I don't know how I can fashion strong of a joint through scratch building, especially if I have to let it swivel.

(Or maybe I should just stick to painting the Ver.Ka Nu in Lavender like how Hi-Nu looked like...
If you need more strength, use epoxy putty. It will hold a bomb together... I use a cheap two part putty, I bought online. I paid $30USD with shipping for 4..LBS! lol If you plate, stagger the plates, putty over it, sand it back. You will get the strength, plus the smooth surface(after sanding).

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy