Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-07-07, 06:00   Link #801
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
Unfortunately, coming from pixiv dweller, I can testify that there hardly any fanart for this anime/manga.

学園黙示録 <- the pixv tag for those who want to browse.
I think that more goes to show how this show came out of the left field. Surely we'll see a lot more considering the extreme fanservice this show already has.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 06:09   Link #802
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

It'll pick up when the time comes. Fanart and others will surely follow.

Anyways from the get going I want a VIDEO GAME of this! Even if it's Japanese I'll buy it!
Old 2010-07-07, 06:17   Link #803
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Character discussion for most, theories on where the brain scavengers came from, music discussion, image thread for lots of Rei/Saya/Saeko/etc., weekly episode discussion and last but not least, your favourite zombie death
Pretty much it, bloke.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 06:25   Link #804
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Character discussion for most, theories on where the brain scavengers came from, music discussion, image thread for lots of Rei/Saya/Saeko/etc., weekly episode discussion and last but not least, your favourite zombie death
I can think of new shows that deserve such discussion a lot more then this show, i mean sure there can be those threads, though i really don't see that much talk going on. Whatever there is, can easily be done here.

Either way it looks like it'll get one, so shrug.
Old 2010-07-07, 06:28   Link #805
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I can think of new shows that deserve such discussion a lot more then this show, i mean sure there can be those threads, though i really don't see that much talk going on. Whatever there is, can easily be done here.

Either way it looks like it'll get one, so shrug.
Blasphemy, mate!

In two days the topic has grown by twenty pages. I think that's a lot, no?

On your bike!

Old 2010-07-07, 06:31   Link #806
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallschirmjager View Post
In two days the topic has grown by twenty pages. I think that's a lot, no?

On your bike!
Most of the posts since the show has aired have been either "oh wow i love this show", or "fanservice is a big put off".
Old 2010-07-07, 06:43   Link #807
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Considering the manga is pretty faithful to it's premise and to it's influences (I'm slowly but surely catching up with it right now), any alterations to the conclusions presents a radical change in direction that really won't sit well with fans. That is of course the author intends to let the series conclude in semi-parallel with the manga (which to my information is what is intended, similar to Cross Game at least).

Unless he actually already finished it, if so I really need to hurry up with my reading/staring/ogling.
Where did you hear that? It doesn't seem like the manga is going to end any time soon, especially considering the sporadic releases these last few months (years...). I'm fully expecting an original ending for the anime, it wouldn't be the first time Madhouse pull that off.
Old 2010-07-07, 06:45   Link #808
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Well, considering the continuity isn't as strict as it's like in Claymore (DAMN YOU MADHOUSE), I don't think it's going to be that bad if they did an anime original. Unless somehow the manga does a shocking ending in which people will go crazy if that is the case. Blame the mangaka for sporadic releases.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 06:46   Link #809
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Where did you hear that? It doesn't seem like the manga is going to end any time soon, especially considering the sporadic releases these last few months (years...). I'm fully expecting an original ending for the anime, it wouldn't be the first time Madhouse pull that off.
I'm not sure where I heard it but the rumor mill went around that when the anime series was announced, the mangaka was supposedly planning to go and finish the series as well, which suggested that it would be possible for the manga to have an actual ending for the anime to end with.
MeoTwister5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 07:25   Link #810
Qikz

I'm still confused as to why the teacher grabbed the guy in the first place.

Yeah he couldn't see he was dead, but why did he need to grab him? Show of stregnth or something to scare him off? That and why is it in Zombie things they never like to actually call them the undead although that's what they are.

That and why did that female teacher sit so close after she saw he was inevitably dead, I mean all that blood was ridiculous. Surely she would of left him alone and the other teacher had a weapon of some sorts, why didn't he hit the guy when he bit the woman?

I'm not complaining but it would seem the infection in the school could of been quelled for a short amount of time until Zombies over ran the gate. Kind of like how they keep the School in Persona 1 safe by just never opening the gate. Don't get me wrong, I'm not that worried about all that stuff, still loved the show. :wub:
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 07:29   Link #811
scr
my sides are in orbit

I'm going to wait for yuri action involving Busujima, but i'm not going to keep my hopes high.

Btw, the OP somehow sounds familiar to me. Turns out it's Kishida Kyoudan and The Akeboshi Rockets. They are a doujin music circle (in)famous for their Touhou arrangements and live performance of said arrangements... some of which doesn't even sound like Touhou.
If there's a Final Fantasy game that I must put my personal seal of disapproval on, it's Crisis Core. I mean, just look at how this Genesis Rhapsodos dude is raping the canon. It's bad. As in, fanfiction bad.
scr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 07:29   Link #812
Nijuu
Please don't hate me

Man, Marina is doing such a great job. I can't imagine that being dubbed in other countries.

Anyway, you guys pointed out something important: presuming 1 episode per chapter , they got 25 episodes if they follow the manga so far (since first chapter = first episode). But without an ending. So I strongly believe this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I'm fully expecting an original ending for the anime, it wouldn't be the first time Madhouse pull that off.
will happen. This kind of anime show is produced just to popularize a series.
Nijuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 07:38   Link #813
Francismeunier
Banned

Red face

Quote:
I believe the problem here though is there not being enough material to animated, where as Shikabane Hime when down it's own path instead of following the manga (it did that though right from the start). I believe i speak for all the manga readers here, when i say that we don't want that to happen with this show.
Well I don't see a problem with that......I mean Seikon no Qwaser did that and not sure how many were disappointed whereas they were more (like me) in the ecchi field compared to the manga of that series....so why not make it a original ending?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
I thought the teacher's suicide scene felt off and when I watched the trailer again I noticed it didn't fade. Guess my hunch was right. Ahh, how unfortunate, I thought ATX would never do this given their track record.
Is this true? Really? So which version is not censored 100%?
Francismeunier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 07:48   Link #814
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nijuu View Post
Man, Marina is doing such a great job. I can't imagine that being dubbed in other countries.

Anyway, you guys pointed out something important: presuming 1 episode per chapter , they got 25 episodes if they follow the manga so far (since first chapter = first episode). But without an ending. So I strongly believe this:
Some of the "Acts" are a really short. The first two of the manga are longer than most.

They'll just probably end up combining two Acts into an episode later on.

Anyway whatever comes, comes and I for one can't wait.

Old 2010-07-07, 08:05   Link #815
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Act 6 MUST be animated in full glory!

MUST I tell you! No if No but .. Its a MUST!
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 08:07   Link #816
Jin Kizuite
Guns Galore!

Send a message via MSN to Jin Kizuite
Honestly, before I even read the manga I didn't think Rei to be a bitch. There was enough shadowing to suggest at a complex character in the one episode.

So much that people I watched the first episode with I chuckled at the "typical" 'she's a bitch' comments. Amateurs. :P

^ P.S KiNA our H-army Masta! Which number chapter is Act 6 you talk about?

Credit @ fallschirmjager
Jin Kizuite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 08:12   Link #817
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
Act 6 MUST be animated in full glory!

MUST I tell you! No if No but .. Its a MUST!
Yes! Yes!

When Hirano takes out that sexy AR-10T modifed to the spec of a SR-25... I need to see it animated

PS. Jin, Act 6 is the sixth chapter of the manga. Second chapter of volume two if you have the bound copy too.

I can't wait to see some of the figures the anime is going to create. Bring on Rei wearing her knee and elbow protectors whilst brandishing the M1A!

Old 2010-07-07, 08:13   Link #818
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

OH MY GOD WHAT HAVE I STARTED?!?!?!?!

Let's take all talk of Act 6 to the manga thread people. We are morally obligated to not spoil the awesome for everyone else.
MeoTwister5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 08:16   Link #819
Jarmel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Why does it have to be serious?

It doesn't have to be if it's written well or has some new take or excellent execution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Last I checked, it's a bunch of internet nerds who discuss about how do they plan to survive and which weapon they will use. Hardly something to be taken seriosuly.
Look up the Walking Dead for a much more serious take on the stuff.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 08:27   Link #820
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
I expect her to be whiny in the future (Marina Inoue specializes in whining and screaming hehe...), but at the same time her reaction in Ep1 was understandable.

Take your average HS girl whose whole life is just her boyfriend, shopping, etc and suddenly everyone is getting gruesomely killed around her. Then she has to watch her BF turn into a zombie and her childhood friend have to splatter his head all over the pavement .... would leave you a little unhinged imho...
Yes, which is why she does not deserve to be called a bitch. She saw the entire student body turn into zombies and attack each other, saw her boyfriend get bitten, turn into a zombie, and then get his head smashed by her childhood friend who made her wait for nothing.

Quote:
I believe the problem here though is there not being enough material to animated, where as Shikabane Hime when down it's own path instead of following the manga (it did that though right from the start). I believe i speak for all the manga readers here, when i say that we don't want that to happen with this show.
I don't even read the manga and I know I don't want anime original material.

Quote:
I really don't see how we do, i mean what more is there to talk about that can't be said in this thread? Or do people really want threads like 'your favorite zombie death' to happen?
I am hoping there will be some character discussion, but I don't know how much zombie killing each episode will take up vs. development.

Speaking of favorite zombie death...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
Well, considering the continuity isn't as strict as it's like in Claymore (DAMN YOU MADHOUSE), I don't think it's going to be that bad if they did an anime original. Unless somehow the manga does a shocking ending in which people will go crazy if that is the case. Blame the mangaka for sporadic releases.
Claymore... We can only hope they do one cour now and another at a later point in time.

Tags
action, boobs, ecchi, harem, horror, romance, seinen, shounen, zombie apocalypse