AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-09-11, 19:49   Link #22001
maknaedik

Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post
It just hit me that Bandai never milked the 1/144 00 movie kits completely with Trans-Am versions.
If not for Age, I think those would have come out.

Make an MG Reborns for December Bandai
maknaedik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-11, 19:51   Link #22002
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
It just hit me that Bandai never milked the 1/144 00 movie kits completely with Trans-Am versions.
Bandai didn't do anything for the 00 movie's 1/144 line.

Because they suck ass.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-11, 20:25   Link #22003
MrSubstitute1

Man, last night I had a dream where I bought MG 00 Raiser and HG Gafran, just to wake up to be disappointed. Sometimes I dream about buying gundam model kits. Has that ever happened to anyone before?
MrSubstitute1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-11, 20:31   Link #22004
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

I just found part 2 of that Raphael kit bash I posted a few weeks ago.

Can't have Raphael without Seravee II

http://www.gundamcentury.com/2011/08...i-verjunk.html
Old 2011-09-11, 20:44   Link #22005
Appel

Quote:
huh, you are right! they havent release that many models from the movie at all... only the gundams in 1/144 form, a MG OOQ, the HG braves and the OO raiser condenser type.
they could easily make more kits like the GN-X IV and as you said the gundams in trans-am colors. they also could make some variations like the ELS GN-X or the dynames with a condenser. i really dont get why they dont do that... wasnt the movie popular enough? :O
Appel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-12, 02:45   Link #22006
pumpkins

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-RO9GKnpNRE...ew/s1600/2.jpg

looks like this HG is coming with 4 proper beam sabers.. will be good if it fits with the 00 beam sabers
pumpkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-12, 02:50   Link #22007
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Two of those beams are technically short bladed daggers.
Old 2011-09-12, 03:49   Link #22008
Zero Hurricane
I'm here for the reason..

Send a message via Yahoo to Zero Hurricane
Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkins View Post
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-RO9GKnpNRE...ew/s1600/2.jpg

looks like this HG is coming with 4 proper beam sabers.. will be good if it fits with the 00 beam sabers
Judging by the manual, it seems inspired by 00 series.
Old 2011-09-12, 05:37   Link #22009
bio9205
Reborn

Thinking of purchasing the 1/144 Brave once my exams are over, haven't built a kit in ages. Does anyone here own it? I'm VERY afraid of loose parts etc, they put me off a lot, so I'm wondering if the Brave has issues with that.
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-12, 06:33   Link #22010
Appel

Quote:
Thinking of purchasing the 1/144 Brave once my exams are over, haven't built a kit in ages. Does anyone here own it? I'm VERY afraid of loose parts etc, they put me off a lot, so I'm wondering if the Brave has issues with that.
i have the brave commander type, its a great model! i didnt have any issues with it at all.
some parts like to pop of but only when you are posing it and they arent that small. but you have to worry about parts popping off on all of bandais newer kits :P
Old 2011-09-12, 09:38   Link #22011
suiton629
Master Grade Master

What do you think the odds are that Bandai is going to make a MG, SD, or HG version of the 00 Qan[T] ELS version?

Oh and what do think about the HG kits for Gundam AGE? I'm very impressed with them especially with these examples below:

I think they should've done this with all HG kits. Like the vents are all parts and that chest piece is a part and not a sticker. So basically, the HG kit is slowly moving towards MG quality.
Old 2011-09-12, 10:34   Link #22012
Appel

i dont think they will make an ELS OOQ. it only showed up for like 5 seconds in the movie XD and bandai doesnt seem to want to make a lot of OO movie kits, they didnt even make a lot of HG kits like they usually do.
it would also be very difficult and expensive for them to make an ELS OOQ. there are a lot of color gradients in the armor.

and the HG age kits do look very nice indeed! those little guys are becomming better and better^^
Old 2011-09-12, 11:00   Link #22013
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appel View Post
i dont think they will make an ELS OOQ. it only showed up for like 5 seconds in the movie XD and bandai doesnt seem to want to make a lot of OO movie kits, they didnt even make a lot of HG kits like they usually do.
it would also be very difficult and expensive for them to make an ELS OOQ. there are a lot of color gradients in the armor.

and the HG age kits do look very nice indeed! those little guys are becomming better and better^^
I guess you're right about the ELS Qan[T]... But I wish they'd hurry up with a few more 00 kits like SD Astraea, MG Astraea, MG O Gundam, and MG Exia Repair 2.
Old 2011-09-12, 11:34   Link #22014
kakakka

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxnike629xx View Post

Oh and what do think about the HG kits for Gundam AGE? I'm very impressed with them especially with these examples below:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Q2MQL4qpml...VM/s1600/3.jpg
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-bbOFlJq-CD...5M/s1600/6.jpg
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-wD5JrTRuE-...k4/s1600/5.jpg
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-TqbOFzVVhh...U/s1600/19.jpg

I think they should've done this with all HG kits. Like the vents are all parts and that chest piece is a part and not a sticker. So basically, the HG kit is slowly moving towards MG quality.
I am sure they already started this with earlier kits. HG00s that I have have impressive details. Looking at AGE's chest, it reminds me of Cheudim, which vents are also separate parts.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-12, 13:11   Link #22015
pumpkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
Two of those beams are technically short bladed daggers.
full length beam sabers or daggers.. its still much better than the HG exia which came with a white toothpick. if it fits exia's beam sabers i might get it just for those beams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxnike629xx View Post
i think most of the later gm kits use a proper yellow piece rather than a sticker the arms and legs really remind me of the 0 gundam, especially with that weird ankle guard joint.
pumpkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-12, 15:04   Link #22016
Appel

welp, thats it... my HG exia is doomed to look terrible. no matter what i try, clear blue paint just doesnt want to work for me. no matter how much or how little thinner i use it just runs EVERYWHERE... as a result all the pieces look extremely spotty and just bad XP i sprayed it on like any other paint but it just doesnt work...
the silver coat below it worked out just fine! this really pisses me off because i had the exact same problem with the tamiya clear blue spray can that i bought XP

edit: you know what? screw it! ill spray it golden! XP
you have no idea how sick of this model i am right now...

Last edited by Appel; 2011-09-12 at 15:39.
Old 2011-09-12, 15:52   Link #22017
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Well, I just entered my 5th serial number for the GunPla X Gundam.Info Promotion Campaign contest..

>_<

Man~ If I won like the PG or MG prize set, I won't know what to do but go nuts...lol...seriously...haha.

If I win the PG one, I might keep 1 or 2 and maybe sell the others; the same for the MG prize set.

http://www.bandai-asia.com/gundaminf...andai_code.php

For those who don't know, go to that website after you receive a serial number card for participating GunPla kits.

=)
Old 2011-09-12, 15:58   Link #22018
Appel

the MG pack is actually REALLY awesome. pretty much a collection of bandais finest :P
the PG pack is alright. wing zero and the astray are great but the PG OO raiser has a TON of flaws and the wings of the PG strike freedom love to break off...
all in all those are great prizes! they really werent stingy with those packs^^
Old 2011-09-12, 19:11   Link #22019
maknaedik

Press ctrl + f and type in "MG Astrea", "MG O Gundam" and "MG Exia Reprair 2", you'll be finding results for the last 4-5 pages. OMG
maknaedik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-12, 20:16   Link #22020
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSubstitute1 View Post
Man, last night I had a dream where I bought MG 00 Raiser and HG Gafran, just to wake up to be disappointed. Sometimes I dream about buying gundam model kits. Has that ever happened to anyone before?
I have that kinda experience too. In my dream, I bought HG Dendrobium Orchis and all the PGs. Seconds later, I woke up and got "what, it was all a dream ". I guess I really want them so bad my subconscious granted it in dreamworld.

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy