AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Tate no Yuusha/Shield Hero

Notices

View Poll Results: Tate no Yuusha/Shield Hero - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 4 20.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 4 20.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 35.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 15.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 10.00%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2019-02-06, 20:20   Link #21
Dark Wing

It's about time Naofumi got a win after so much beating down he's been through.
Old 2019-02-06, 20:22   Link #22
Galaxian

I really liked the scene of him being taken aback after receiving gratitude from someone.
Old 2019-02-06, 21:04   Link #23
Dharma

While rewatching the episode I was enlightened: barfing Raphtalia is CUTEST! They will travel a lot, right?! Maybe even on ship?!!! Or maybe she at least will catch a cold? I cant wait!
Old 2019-02-06, 21:05   Link #24
Grifis
Eternal Dreamer

Ah ah. Second girl is added. My interest is gone now.
Old 2019-02-06, 21:16   Link #25
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharma View Post
While rewatching the episode I was enlightened: barfing Raphtalia is CUTEST! They will travel a lot, right?! Maybe even on ship?!!! Or maybe she at least will catch a cold? I cant wait!
That was the cutest barfing sound I can think of from memory. She barfed cuter than most people can talk.

Episode seemed kind of rushed but it wasn't too drastic. It was still two chapters for one episode which is their normal trend. They just added a few anime-only scenes that took away from actual time to adapt the LN/Manga.

The birdie has been revealed. Raphtalia was as cute as ever. I like how she both defused the situation and roasted the king when he was being a jackass to Naofumi. It seems like her opinion has some weight with Naofumi, so it's nice to see her being respected. The slave seal is nothing more than symbolism to represent Raphtalias faith in Naofumi. I really wouldn't blow it out of proportion.
Old 2019-02-06, 21:17   Link #26
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grifis View Post
Curious as to why. She is more or less a replacement for child Raftalea.
Old 2019-02-06, 21:23   Link #27
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
Curious as to why. She is more or less a replacement for child Raftalea.
Wouldn't that be the reason why? It feels like our little racoon girl just got demoted to side character.
Old 2019-02-06, 22:28   Link #28
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Quote:
eh but she is a chicken not a genuine girl
Old 2019-02-06, 22:41   Link #29
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
At least wait long enough to see how she fits in on the dynamic. If she becomes in any way a romantic interest or shows any sort of romantic desire, or if she pushes Raphtalia out of the limelight, then yes I'd agree. But if she sets herself up as having a different role maybe that'd be different? Especially since the opening suggests she might not always be in that form. Especially since he's now a travelling merchant and even if she likes the carriage I doubt he'll let her pull it looking like a little angel.
Old 2019-02-06, 22:54   Link #30
Frontier

So we finally meet the queen of this purported matriarchy and she seems to be much more reasonable and genuinely kind then her husband and daughter who she's apparently been keeping tabs on, as well as the Shield Hero. I get the sense that things would have been much different for Naofumi and company had she been there when they were summoned, although it sounds like summoning the heroes was her husband's idea while she was gone, but now she's stuck away on a diplomatic mission which limits what she can do .

Myne/Malty definitely only seems to take after her mother in the looks department. She absolutely does not seem to have her mother's apparently genuine grace and manner (as adeptly portrayed by Kikuko Inoue) .

Why am I not surprised the kingdom was still trying to screw Naofumi over even after the duel? Thank goodness Sword and Bow heroes were there to not let them get away with it, and Raphtalia was there to politely diss the royalty and their BS. It would be monumentally harder to take all the @#$% Naofumi deals with without Raphtalia .

I guess as long as it's a crest in-name-only it's okay for Raphtalia to have it put back on her, since for her it's less a symbol of slavery and more a symbol of the bond and connection between her and Naofumi. I still think Naofumi shouldn't associate himself with the slave trader as much anymore, but I guess he doesn't have much of a choice since the dude seems to be his only source for party members .

I couldn't tell if Raphtalia wanted Naofumi to look at her new slave crest or her now ample cleavage...but if it's the latter, the girl has definitely grown up a lot (in more ways then one) and knows what she wants from her Naofumi-sama .

It's nice to see the "rising" of the Shield Hero in action, as we see Naofumi's stature beginning to grow with his heroism in Lute and his own emotional state beginning to improve through his relationship with Raphtalia, as he's beginning to soften from the person he was after the first episode .

The only thing more adorable then Rina Hidaka's voice is Rina Hidaka doing Chocobo noises .

It's so satisfying watching Motoyasu and Myne get put in their place. I mean, I think Myne is 100x worse then Spear Hero since it seems like a lot of it is him just going along with what Myne wants, but he's still a pompous and arrogant idiot. Good on the queen for having her ninjas there to make sure her daughter doesn't get her way this time .

Filo won me over completely the moment she kicked Motoyasu in the crotch and launched him into some hay. Like, Raphtalia's nice enough to wish him to get better, but Filo just straight up takes him down. She's awesome .

Thank goodness no one else but Raphtalia was there when Filo woke up in her new angel form...with his reputation as it is, I don't think Naofumi wants to explain how a naked loli ended up sleeping on his lap .

So once again Naofumi picks up an animal-esque being from a slaver who grows pretty fast and turns out to be a pretty cute girl. I'm sensing a trend .
Old 2019-02-06, 23:27   Link #31
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

I'm glad this anime has enough episodes that it feels it can get away with repeating the same battle from the previous episode.
Or since it also flashed back to the previous episode, maybe they think Narou readers have the memory span of less than one week. That actually kinda makes sense.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2019-02-06, 23:48   Link #32
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacredus View Post
About slave seal from this episode:
Spoiler:
Even with that piece of information I still feel that it's unnecessary to reapply the slave crest. I understand the gesture, but it feels like Naofumi and Raph have moved past the need for such a gesture.
Old 2019-02-07, 01:08   Link #33
The Green One

Naofumi isn't just magically healed of all his issues now. He showed in this episode he still has his doubts about various things. He had a significant step forward last episode but there's still a long way to go. The slave seal is just symbolic at this point. It's just her way of trying to show/prove he can trust her 100% at all times so he doesn't have to feel on guard around her. He wouldn't do it consciously at this point, but subconsciously is another story. She very clearly doesn't act like a slave at all anymore. She'll talk back to him, get mad at him when he does things that upset her and scold him. Getting bent out of shape about her "slave" status at this point doesn't make sense anymore. Heck he doesn't think of her as a slave anymore. Or a tool.
Old 2019-02-07, 01:08   Link #34
Keila

I know 'real world' physics/logic shouldn't apply to a make believe fantasy, but it'd be fun to know how much force is actually behind a crotch-kick.
Old 2019-02-07, 01:13   Link #35
The Green One

How much force does it take to pulverize a Hero's sacred treasure? Enterprising scientists begin research.
Old 2019-02-07, 02:18   Link #36
BWTraveller
Born to ship

With a little encouragement I'm sure Filo would be happy to discover just what it takes to break his spear.
Old 2019-02-07, 02:23   Link #37
Kinematics
Let's play a game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keila
I know 'real world' physics/logic shouldn't apply to a make believe fantasy, but it'd be fun to know how much force is actually behind a crotch-kick.
Hmm.

Motoyasu is 170 cm (5'7") tall. He has a healthy build, and likely weighs in the neighborhood of 70 kg. His armor probably weighs around 15-20 kg (low end of full plate mail).

The overhead shot indicated that the distance to the hay pile was about 3.3 times Motoyasu's height, which puts it at about 5.5 meters.

If we use the time in flight from the episode, but leave out the slow-mo part, it's about 1 second up and 1 second down, which gives a peak height of about 5 meters (16 feet).

Vertical force is m*g*h = 4165 N

Horizontal velocity of 2.75 m/s, and a "crumple zone" (the hay) of half a meter.

Horizontal force is (0.5*85*2.75^2)/0.5 = 643 N

Overall, about 4200 N of force. A bit more than a 7.62x39 rifle bullet, or a bit less than a 100 kg (220 lb) football tackle running at full sprint speed (40 yards in 4 seconds).

I'm sure I screwed up the math in there somewhere, but the concluding values actually roughly match up with what I'd expect. A kick from Filo is a bit like a linebacker slamming into your crotch.
Old 2019-02-07, 03:42   Link #38
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

There's a more disturbing scene this episode that's been bugging me, it's when Raph got her seal back. She asks Naofumi "What do you think?" and Naofumi didn't notice.

What exactly is Raph asking? Her face kind of implies that she's showing off her chest to Naofumi, but that scene also reminds me of when a girl gets a new tattoo that's she's showing off

Either way that's .. a bit creepy for me. Either she's showing off her boobs (I'm a full grown woman now, definitely not the scrawny child you bought 3 episodes ago!) or her boob tattoo (look at my restored front tramp stamp!), or of course I could've completely misinterpreted that scene.

I refuse to call that a chocobo, which is based on the ostrich, filo is definitely a large chicken! Also, are all filos capable of transforming into little girls? Or is this one special because of the shield's powers? Will this be explained again next episode?

As for the tone this episode, it is lighter, with people exercising their smile muscles, and definitely an improvement from the 4.5 episode long emofest we've had for a month now.

If I were one of the two heroes, I would've given a portion of my reward to shield hero just to piss off the king and myne/melty/princess

One of shield hero's apparent allies comes out just after he goes through his "healing" scene, how convenient! I'm sure he would've appreciated the help at his lowest point, it's the queen after all, one of, if not the, most powerful figure in this matriarchy. Somehow despite knowing a lot about shield hero it's only at this point that she chooses to let her secret service move to "help" the shield hero.

There might be a reason for this that hasn't been revealed yet, I'll wait

I wonder what the letter said though.
Old 2019-02-07, 05:02   Link #39
Jaden

Naofumi might be primarily a LN otaku, but at this point he should realize. He is destined to become a pokemon trainer and load up that wagon with furry lolis.

Last edited by Jaden; 2019-02-07 at 10:43.
Old 2019-02-07, 05:20   Link #40
Ultragunner

finally, somebody finally puts Myne/Malty in check, about darn time