AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shuffle!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-05, 15:53   Link #241
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by heklin View Post
actually, i posted not long ago saying that i would give an update soon, i just didnt have a chance to do it before AX (see post 192.... and read before you bash people)( not having access to a comp is a bitch)

@trogu - at this time, no, at least noone i would trust with access to my house, altho i do have a friend who will be visiting for comiket in dec as a last resort, we will probably just redo the work instead of waiting that long since there really isnt any garuntee that the comp is there. they shipped it back, but i really dont have a clue whats happened to it after that. i dont know if a neighbor signed for it, or if they just left the stuff by the door etc
You got arrested that sucks.

Anyways it's good to see that your free and okay now and I feel really bad that something like this happened to you.

I'm glad to see that your still planning on releasing the patch and that you still plan on translating Tick Tack and really Really. though it sucks that you have to retranslate shuffle.

Sooooooooo, on another note any chance you may translate Shuffle Essense+???
Old 2009-07-05, 15:59   Link #242
heklin
YOU want ME to do WHAT?

at this point i want to concentrate solely on shuffle and tt, since we already have tools/imagework/codeing etc done tho i personally would like todo all games in the shuffle universe, we will se how things go once we complete what we started
Old 2009-07-05, 16:08   Link #243
Lvrhina
Akamatsu Fan

Send a message via MSN to Lvrhina
Almost the same taste for doujinshi. lol
Old 2009-07-05, 19:58   Link #244
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

omg heklin long time no see. Does that mean they have allowed you back on the computer and anime? I feel really bad for you but hopefully you still remember a few ppl from gamepatch in the old days like me lol.
Old 2009-07-06, 00:17   Link #245
Redlar

Oh wow. Now this is just awesome news.

Though it sucks that you got arrested. You must've had a tough judge or a bad lawyer. How can they have jurisdiction over you if you're a Japanese citizen? It should've been tossed out right there.
Old 2009-07-06, 01:50   Link #246
heklin
YOU want ME to do WHAT?

thats part of my problem, im not officially a japanese citizen yet, i had only gotten a resedency visa, and was in the proccess of applying for citizenship, which takes several years to get in japan
Old 2009-07-06, 17:01   Link #247
Dessert

Yeah, so now everyone knows whats going on.

As for the MangaGamer thing. I went to try to talk to them a few times, nobody from navel was there, and they refused to give official word whether Shuffle has been licensed or not. Also, during the Bishoujo game panel, they didn't mention navel or shuffle at all really, from what I heard (I was unfortunately unable to make it).

Either way, we will still be releasing shuffle as GamePatch intends. If anyone was able to try the demo on MangaGamer CD's that they gave out....Needless to say its HORRIBLE. A friendly booth at Anime Expo was playing the GamePatch Alpha Patch and humiliating them with it, twas awesome. ^_^

As for a forum, I am looking into getting one set up, and may actually be locally hosting it this time, to avoid problems with crappy hosts etc.
Old 2009-07-06, 18:02   Link #248
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dessert View Post
Yeah, so now everyone knows whats going on.

As for the MangaGamer thing. I went to try to talk to them a few times, nobody from navel was there, and they refused to give official word whether Shuffle has been licensed or not. Also, during the Bishoujo game panel, they didn't mention navel or shuffle at all really, from what I heard (I was unfortunately unable to make it).

Either way, we will still be releasing shuffle as GamePatch intends. If anyone was able to try the demo on MangaGamer CD's that they gave out....Needless to say its HORRIBLE. A friendly booth at Anime Expo was playing the GamePatch Alpha Patch and humiliating them with it, twas awesome. ^_^

As for a forum, I am looking into getting one set up, and may actually be locally hosting it this time, to avoid problems with crappy hosts etc.
I wasn't really expecting the transaltions by Mangagamer to be good but I can't believe its that horrible.

The only thing that Mangagamer will have going for them is probably uncensored CGs which is nice and all but its not as important as good translations, so i don't really see any point in buying there version when i can get a superior version from you guys.

@Heklin

So do you have to restart the translation for Shuffle(not counting the 3 days in the alpha patch)?
Old 2009-07-06, 18:59   Link #249
heklin
YOU want ME to do WHAT?

not completely, im still sorting, but i was able to recover quite a bit of it from different people that had helped with stuff, later tonight ill make a post of exactly what we have and what is missing
Old 2009-07-06, 20:43   Link #250
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by heklin View Post
not completely, im still sorting, but i was able to recover quite a bit of it from different people that had helped with stuff, later tonight ill make a post of exactly what we have and what is missing
Okay then that's good thanks for keeping us updated.
Old 2009-07-07, 00:28   Link #251
heklin
YOU want ME to do WHAT?

ok, no update tonight, still waiting for a few people to email me back
Old 2009-07-07, 05:51   Link #252
Yojimbo108
The Dark Aeon

Would just like to add my thanks to the rest of those here. I'm glad you guy's are carrying on with the translation after all thats happened
Old 2009-07-07, 08:59   Link #253
Serous

So,are you guys going to update the first post?
Old 2009-07-07, 09:41   Link #254
Wrath88
Kissing...

Well, my sympathies for the bad run of luck you've had, heklin. Can't believe they didn't even give you any chance to contact the outside. Meh, I've been brushing up on my Japanese, so hoping that I'll be able to help somewhat on TT translation.
Old 2009-07-07, 17:03   Link #255
Hyosuke575

Wow.....just wow Heklin. That was quite the story. I was wondering where you had disappeared off to for some odd........well lets just say I lost track. Anyways its good to finally hear from you as well as whats going on with the Shuffle translation. I used to frequent the site quite a bit when it was actually up. (I see holyman still has his snape avatar) So when I suddenly stopped and came back later only to notice it wasn't up anymore.......I could only wonder why. Though it didn't take long till I caught word of what was going on, on this forum. Still that was some bad luck you ran into. Sorry you had to go through all that. Though it sounds like the worst is behind you right now. I'm sure you've heard the saying "Just stay positive". I'm sure things will be looking up for you now.

Now about MangaGamer's translation. I wouldn't necessarily say its horrible. Though its not something the fans will truly appreciate. Since I was talking about this with a friend of mine. The difference is these from what I believe are professional translators. Who have deadlines and have to tackle this more quickly than someone translating this out of fun. Plus they still go for more of a literal translation where the fan tries to keep it as close to the original as possible. (shudders thinking about Ar Tonelico) So thats why we enjoy a fan translation more. I mean if they're tackling a game that no one else is translating than by all means I'll jump on it. Like I did with Suika. Though if you have to make a choice like with Shuffle, then its pretty easy to see where the fans will side.

Thats why its great to hear that you guys are continuing. I still need to track myself down a copy, but I look forward to the patch all the same. I wish you guys the best of luck, and like I said its good to have you back Heklin.
Old 2009-07-07, 21:26   Link #256
Dessert

Well, the problem with companies is the fact that they have 5-6 translators to keep that deadline, and typically if something doesn't make sense, they make something else up instead of putting something in that will confuse fans.
Old 2009-07-07, 22:14   Link #257
Hyosuke575

Yeah....so true. Especially with all the Japanese puns and how their words sound alike. They can either leave it as is and insert translation notes....... or do exactly like you said and just make it up. Though even if they have a deadline to keep they should still do a good job proofreading. I'm still finding grammatical errors and the like in Suika. Kinda annoying when I feel like someone like myself is a better proofreader than a professional. Still like I said at least the game got translated.......more or less.
Old 2009-07-07, 23:23   Link #258
Dessert

Well, good news everyone!

After doing a bit of recovering, we have been able to find approx 1/3 of the game, including all of the actual game tools, english EXE, etc.

Either heklin or myself will give a more detailed update later.

On another note, if anyone is willing to host a small forum, or knows where I could get some reliable hosting for a small forum, please send me a PM on the boards. Thanks.
Old 2009-07-08, 03:33   Link #259
appztetra
Translator, Scanlator

thanks! GP!
Old 2009-07-08, 08:25   Link #260
sora12

wow good thing you guys are back. well sorry for heklin for what happened. well ill pray that you guys wil have a smooth progress
Closed Thread

Tags
bishoujo, drama, ero-game, game patch, navel, romance, school life, translation