AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Guilty Crown

Notices

View Poll Results: Guilty Crown - Episode 17 Rating
Perfect 10 33 26.61%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 21 16.94%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 12.90%
7 out of 10 : Good 24 19.35%
6 out of 10 : Average 10 8.06%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 6 4.84%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.81%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 1.61%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 3 2.42%
1 out of 10 : Painful 8 6.45%
Voters: 124. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-02-18, 09:27   Link #281
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaturas View Post
I wonder what face will Arisa make when Jesus Gai betray her ^^.
Will be fun to watch, I have my popcorn ready for that time.
That mofo bitch could just die stuck like the treacherous pig she is. If I were Shu...

..I will not dispose of incompetent minions by sending them into space without a suit, forcing them to walk overboard, or any similar method. Such things carry a chance of the fool surviving long enough to be picked up by the hero, in which case my ex-minion will invariably divulge important information to the hero and/or side with him and suddenly become competent. The same policy holds true with traitors and anyone else I want to get rid of. Instead, I will just have them shot, beheaded, or disposed of in a similar manner that guarantees they will not end up helping the hero...

>Evil Overlord Cellblock D
Old 2012-02-18, 09:30   Link #282
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
She won't see that as Mana/Inori will kill her in the next chapter.
Possible ...if Arisa try to do something again Shu. After all ,Mana is Yandere
Old 2012-02-18, 09:36   Link #283
Same_Shark

Arisa probably will end up getting it, but I can relate to her. Shu was pretty low for what he did. I'm not sure why so many feel it's okay that he played with the students lives like that. He said himself that the students couldn't know what would happen if their Voids broke. That's a very selfish move. I can't really say that I wouldn't do it. I have no problems with screwing my way up to the top if it means my possible survival. As Arisa said "Never underestimate a Kuhouin."
Old 2012-02-18, 09:40   Link #284
Soji

It's not being ok with what Shu a done. It's just tha I see why he do that...it's not like that would change to much if they know._.Even without void one bullet and they die...I don't try to say he was right ,just that for that moement was the right choice from his point of view.He do take them out from that place ...don't he?
Old 2012-02-18, 09:42   Link #285
Xaturas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Same_Shark View Post
Arisa probably will end up getting it, but I can relate to her. Shu was pretty low for what he did. I'm not sure why so many feel it's okay that he played with the students lives like that. He said himself that the students couldn't know what would happen if their Voids broke. That's a very selfish move. I can't really say that I wouldn't do it. I have no problems with screwing my way up to the top if it means my possible survival. As Arisa said "Never underestimate a Kuhouin."
"Never underestimate a power of pussy." Ehhhhh ?

It was already mentioned several times, she is to smart, or at least was portrayed to smart to do something so stupid.
It was probably bad writing or something else that she 180 in 1 second. Dude just squeezed her hand and she went psycho "take my void NAOOOOO".

I think she was probably talking with Gai or other GHQ on the phone, and her knowing that she can humpty-dumpty her knight Gai made her do what she did.

Still the worst part is that Nanba and the other dude got any power position. It's just bad writing at its finest.
If it was me, considering my previous experience with the dudes, they would get exiled as my first order as tyrant, of course I would explain to the masses that those both dudes are dangerous and cannot be trusted, I'm more than sure that a major of the people knew already what those guys did around the school.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
It's not being ok with what Shu a done. It's just tha I see why he do that...it's not like that would change to much if they know._.Even without void one bullet and they die...I don't try to say he was right ,just that for that moement was the right choice from his point of view.He do take them out from that place ...don't he?

You know that , we know that, characters are to retarded to know that.

They are like "ohh noez if mah void break I'm dead"
Jesus christ retards you get 1 bullet from this Endlave and you are as good as dead, Its not like those miniguns of theirs shoot 9mm bullets, 1 hit from it and you loose a limb ... after all its comparable to MG42 or even better.
Old 2012-02-18, 09:43   Link #286
Akashin

Quote:
Perhaps so, but the Void issue is still a relatively strange one. Personally, my take on it was that the problem wasn't so much the Void issue itself and more that Shu came across as manipulative for deliberately hiding that knowledge. It would be easy to assume that he's playing with their lives when all they know is that he deliberately didn't tell them about the risks involved in using their Voids.

As for Arisa, I can sympathize, but only somewhat. I can understand why she did what she did based on her circumstances (believing that Inori had been sent to take her out by Shu, and not knowing how long she might have until he tries to finish the job), but it all happened so fast that there wasn't enough time to see her problems develop. I utterly hated her while I was watching the episode for exactly that reason (it happened too quickly for me to develop any sympathy for her), but between reading comments and just thinking more on it I sympathize with her a lot more than I did while watching.

Of course, I was never a huge fan of Arisa to begin with, so it was easy for my opinion of her to decline from there.
Old 2012-02-18, 09:47   Link #287
Sides

Quote:
Exactly, Shu should have left by himself, instead of being selfish and try to save the other students. If he wanted he could have easily made his way out with a handful of people. If I was in his situation I would have done exactly that. Dragging a horde of useless bunch of people around, who cannot even work along side with each other, is a pain, and main reason why Arisa lost her position as student president.
Old 2012-02-18, 09:59   Link #288
Same_Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaturas View Post
"Never underestimate a power of pussy." Ehhhhh ?
Quoted for truth!
Old 2012-02-18, 10:06   Link #289
leon4281isback

Send a message via MSN to leon4281isback
It was stupid of Shu to leave out a little need to know infomation about the Voids, but it wouldn't matter anyway if they did find out. It's a freaking battlezone out there, someone's gonna get killed either way. Thing could have been different if he tried a different tactic and just left the guys behind like you guys said. And like I said, things will get even worse with Gai than it was with Shu....You guys thought Shu did was messed up (don't get me wrong, he really did some messed up stuff still)....we haven't even begun to see even more BS coming from a resurrected Gai. Usually this does happen.

And all I know since I caught up with this anime is that the students elected Shu to do something that will help them get out of this mess. Something that just spelled "this is gonna suck" knowing how Shu was...his friend Hare died, he went mad with grief and s**t. He was tyrannical on the students two episodes in, did something to help the students and got backstabbed, something that came back to kick his a** after how he acted towards everyone. That and among other things. For now, Shu is feeling a moment of powerlessness that shouldn't last too long. And Gai....f**K that dude man...f**k him....

Anyway I'm done discussing with this episode. Only five episodes left to go...only the end will tell whether this thing is gonna stop right there at number 22, or go on to do a possible second season.
Old 2012-02-18, 10:09   Link #290
Sixth
Hu Tao

The bromance isn't strong enough in Shu's kingdom, and that caused Shu's kingdom downfall.
Old 2012-02-18, 10:09   Link #291
DarkyPwnz
Likely To End Up In Jail

They should have just used Tsugumi's Void...

I can't help but think Shu is just your everyday dumbass who was lucky to get a power. Perhaps his tragedy with Mana made him dumb or something,but the fact is,he's a goddamn dumbass.
Old 2012-02-18, 10:14   Link #292
leon4281isback

^ GC's not the only anime where we had a reluctant character whos whimpy at times, yet shows great courage....I'm not surprised you guys are still complaning about guys like Shu. Sometimes I think you guys whine too much about it and you can't help but display disappointment that you watching a anime with a main character who has issues....
Old 2012-02-18, 10:16   Link #293
DarkyPwnz
Likely To End Up In Jail

Yes but Lelouch wasn't an idiot,Shu could have picked methods with less casualties,hell,even none with Tsugumi's infinite spam of dolls.
Old 2012-02-18, 10:21   Link #294
Soji

Quote:
I can't help but think Shu is just your everyday dumbass who was lucky to get a power. Perhaps his tragedy with Mana made him dumb or something,but the fact is,he's a goddamn dumbass
This if Mana was still alive Shu would never be like this. Mind you I don't complain on Shu I suprise how much thing he done even in the state he is. Hell I suprise that he don't totally broken from all he go trought.
Old 2012-02-18, 10:22   Link #295
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkyPwnz View Post
They should have just used Tsugumi's Void...

I can't help but think Shu is just your everyday dumbass who was lucky to get a power. Perhaps his tragedy with Mana made him dumb or something,but the fact is,he's a goddamn dumbass.
Maybe there is a limit of amount clone that Tsugumi's void can replicate?
Old 2012-02-18, 10:23   Link #296
n120cky

Quote:
Yes but Lelouch wasn't an idiot,Shu could have picked methods with less casualties,hell,even none with Tsugumi's infinite spam of dolls.
Not only Shu has issues, it's more like he experienced nightmare become reality. If Shu has a brilliant mind like Lelouch this series will be only a copy of CG.
Old 2012-02-18, 10:23   Link #297
DarkyPwnz
Likely To End Up In Jail

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
Maybe there is a limit of amount clone that Tsugumi's void can replicate?
Doesn't explain why it wasn't used at all.

Edit:

Yeah but Shu is so dumb that the way things happen don't feel real. Guilty Crown has a chance to seperate itself from Code Geass,it has some different mechanics but it goes on just too fast. Lots of material in the GC universe,but only a few are given us in half-baked episodes.
Old 2012-02-18, 10:35   Link #298
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Quote:
Doesn't explain why it wasn't used at all.

Edit:

Yeah but Shu is so dumb that the way things happen don't feel real. Guilty Crown has a chance to seperate itself from Code Geass,it has some different mechanics but it goes on just too fast. Lots of material in the GC universe,but only a few are given us in half-baked episodes.
More likely...
The first 9 episode and from episode 10 onwards is like a different story...
In fact, if they only cut short of the introduction to 3 episode and went straight to the main story, more of the character will be discussed...

But if that happen, the Yahiro arc will not have any emotional effect on later episode...
Old 2012-02-18, 10:45   Link #299
Sixth
Hu Tao

In case anyone of you didn't notice...the posts in this thread may reached 300 posts soon. This definitely means something here.
Old 2012-02-18, 10:47   Link #300
leon4281isback

^ Must be if we talked this much about an episode lately...