AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2007-03-03, 12:56   Link #41
wao
OK.

I can't remember what the lineup for last year's Spring was because I don't remember things by the years' seasons that well, but if it wasn't the one with Noein, ParaKiss, and Mushishi all around that same time then well...

I am really taken away by this season's lineup though, I haven't been excited in some time too especially since Winter season was almost a joke in terms of nothingness as a whole. Surely Dennou Coil alone would make me extremely full of anticipation but nope, we've got Seirei no Moribito, RxJ, Bokurano, DtB, and all this stuff... I'll really be darned if I don't find an Eternally Memorable Series out of one of these ala Noein.
Old 2007-03-03, 15:00   Link #42
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Moetron has a list of the new shows by air date. Just looking at the first week of April gives me goosebumps; rarely has there been such a quality line-up, with shows of such potential as these. Yee gods everyone should be giddy with excitement IMHO.

Although I am worried I'll struggle to find the time to watch them all
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-03, 17:14   Link #43
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by eggplant View Post
Some images for the Spring 2007 season, including titles that have not been officially announced yet.

From top, left to right:
Kaibutsu Oujo; Darker Than Black -Kuro no Keiyakusha-; Love☆Com (Lovely Complex); Shinkyoku Soukai Polyphonica; Romeo x Juliet;
The Skull Man; Gegege no Kitarou; CLAYMORE; Ookiku Furikabutte; Terra e (Towards the Terra);
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann; Hayate no Gotoku (Hayate the Combat Butler); Nagasarete Airantou; Blue Dragon; Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles;
Bakugan Battle Brawlers; Kamichama Karin; El Cazador; Heroic Age; sugar bunnies;
Seto no Hanayome; Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS; Idol Master Xenoglossia; sola; Hitohira;
Bokurano; Lucky☆Star; Shining Tears; Saint Beast ~Kouin Jojishi Tenshitan~; Wellber no Monogatari (SIsters of Wellber);
Kaze no Stigma; Dennou Coil; Kaze no Shoujo Emily; Saiunkoku Monogatari New Series; Seirei no Moribito;
Koutetsushin Jeeg; Devil May Cry; AIKa R-16 :Virgin Mission; Spider Riders Yomigaeru Taiyou; Keitai Shoujo;
Oh Edo! Rocket; Tetsuko no Tabi; Koutetsu Sangokushi;
Over Drive; Touka Gettan; true tears; Kono Aozora ni Yakusoku wo; Victorian Romance Emma The 2nd Act
wow thats quite handy
looking at the pictures theres a few im already interested it ^__^

mahou shoujou lyrical nanoha strikerS (must 100% even-if-it-costs-me-my-life watch )

ones im gona check out
Darker Than Black
Hayate the Combat Butler
Nagasarete Airantou
Kamichama Karin
Seto no Hanayome
Xenoglossia
sola
Kaze no Stigma
Devil May Cry
Touka Gettan
true tears

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-04, 02:44   Link #44
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Call me crazy if you will...but I'm actually lowering my expectations for Darker than Black. The 3 minute trailer was amazing, I'll admit that, but at the same time, my wary aka Nighterman senses were tingling non-stop during that trailer. Still looking forward to it, but not comparable to some series I'm really looking forward to with genuinely high expectations, like Saiunkoku Monogatari or Seirei no Moribito.

I'm adding Kotetsu Sangokushi and Sakura Taisen : NY into my list of animes I look forward to. Sangokushi to be frank,gives me a lot of negative vibes especially in the character clothing designs, most notable the main guy's crab hand but I never let anything, and I MEAN ANYTHING even remotely related to the 3 Kingdoms out of my eyes, so I'll be watching it.

Yes, that means I'm watching Ikkitousen DD.

And I'm a closet Sakura Taisen fan, so sue me. I have the Sega Saturn and Dreamcast games despite not having a Sega Saturn and Dreamcast console. I've completed the PC versions though. :P

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-04, 04:02   Link #45
tritoch

Saiunkoku Season 2.

Its a shame that not too many people watch it. ^^

As for the rest of the list.. hmm depends on which show gets subbed. ^^
tritoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-07, 17:34   Link #46
ReinZwei
南宮 那月

Claymore ~ this one is on my first watchlust this coming April...hoping it will be nice

Lucky Star ~ Just for some fun I think
ReinZwei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-08, 00:19   Link #47
Reticia

Not any word about Tsubasa Chronicles 3 which will broadcast on April?
Old 2007-03-08, 02:56   Link #48
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

It seems nobody is terribly anticipatory about it. After last season of Tsubasa I think I know why.

My most anticpated shows:
  • Claymore: When reading the manga I said, "This would make an awesome anime." Now here it is! A kickass action show with a strong human element. This is raw and intense.

• Ge ge ge no Kitarou: I've loved this show from the few episodes I've seen translated from 2 previous renditions. Now I'm crossing my fingers that I'll get to see this version fansubbed. This is for anyone who has any interest in Japanese folktales and lore.

• El Cazador de la Bruja:Bee-Train and Yuki Kajiura! 'nuff said? Oh, and girls with guns.

• Romeo x Juliet: Woooo! Anything by Shakespeare remade into a sci-fi action epic is good by me!

• Victorian Romance Emma The 2nd Act: I adored the first season. This is like Christmas and Thanksgiving rolled into one. Give me my fix of Victorian Romance please.

• Dennou Coil: There's a lot of expectation from Mitsuo Iso considering he has been working on this for the last 14 years. And the promo images are awesome.

• Darker than Black: BONES Spy action anime from the director of Wolf's Rain. Yeah, and it looks cool too.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-08, 03:23   Link #49
Lost

I'm looking forward to:

MSLN StrikerS : 'Nuff said. I'm watching this. (fanboy)

R&J : I found Gankutsuou to be mildly entertaining, so I'll give this a try.

Hayate no Combat Butler : A comedy with an interesting premise.

Rozen Maiden S3 : I've been expecting this for the past few months - and will continue to do so for as long as it takes - sadly, it hasn't been announced.

As the time gets nearer, I'll see what else creeps up. (Hmm, Darker than Black and Claymore sound interesting. Dennou Coil looks dark - in a nice way.)
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-08, 12:37   Link #50
Kleo Scanti
Urd Fangirl

El Cazador is the only one that attracted my attention.
Kleo Scanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-08, 14:02   Link #51
7Th
Mixtape

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
It seems nobody is terribly anticipatory about it. After last season of Tsubasa I think I know why.
Huh? Read the thread, me and the few people with good taste, well: sakuga fans, consider this to have potential to become the best anime season in quite a few years. Yeah, it may become even better than the Mushishi-Noein-ParaKiss one.
7Th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-08, 14:20   Link #52
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
To-watch list:

Darker than Black
Seto no Hanayome
Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo (movie)
Lucky Star
sola
The Idolm@ster: Xenoglossia
Kaze no Stigma
Claymore

And if June catalogs as Spring season, Kodomo no Jikan.

Of course, I may say all this but I'll probably grab around a lot of random series besides the ones I've planned out to watch.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-08, 14:51   Link #53
Zappster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Th View Post
Huh? Read the thread, me and the few people with good taste, well: sakuga fans, consider this to have potential to become the best anime season in quite a few years. Yeah, it may become even better than the Mushishi-Noein-ParaKiss one.
He wasn't commenting on the season as a whole but Tsubasa Chronicles 2nd season. Notice the mention of Tsubasa in the second sentence? Also notice how he replied directly to the person asking about the 3rd season of Tsubasa? Gears beginning to turn now... I hope. It seems reading ability does not come married with "good taste"...
Zappster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-08, 15:40   Link #54
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

I tend to start out narrow and then branch out as the season progresses, but from the start I'll be following:

Romeo x Juliet
Toward the Terra
Lucky*Star (normally I wouldn't look twice, but it is delicious KyoAni, so I must eat)
Bokurano
Dennou Coil
Byousoku 5 Centimeter

This season feels like a huge buffet: so much good stuff, it's sad you know you won't be able to eat it all.
FatPianoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-08, 16:56   Link #55
7Th
Mixtape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappster View Post
He wasn't commenting on the season as a whole but Tsubasa Chronicles 2nd season. Notice the mention of Tsubasa in the second sentence? Also notice how he replied directly to the person asking about the 3rd season of Tsubasa? Gears beginning to turn now... I hope. It seems reading ability does not come married with "good taste"...
I noticed right after I posted that on a quick one minute lecture before my class, probably got confused by the lack of “quotation” code. Also, I just used "good taste" for "dramatic", see: “trolling”, purposes and I really wasn’t being serious when I said it. I even rectified it behind the coma specifying sakuga fanatics, who will watch anything with artistic and technical quality in its animation, which by the way isn’t really “all high-budget series” as money helps the graphics of a series but it’s not a must, as shown by Kemonozume or 4°C’s projects.
7Th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-08, 18:52   Link #56
Zappster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Th View Post
I noticed right after I posted that on a quick one minute lecture before my class, probably got confused by the lack of “quotation” code. Also, I just used "good taste" for "dramatic", see: “trolling”, purposes and I really wasn’t being serious when I said it. I even rectified it behind the coma specifying sakuga fanatics, who will watch anything with artistic and technical quality in its animation, which by the way isn’t really “all high-budget series” as money helps the graphics of a series but it’s not a must, as shown by Kemonozume or 4°C’s projects.
I wasn't being entirely serious either. I guess I took the bait and replied in kind with another cheap shot.

I guess I'd be right in the middle then. I enjoy most shows that sakuga fanatics seem to enjoy (like Kemonozume) as well as some of the more typical moe stuff although I don't have anywhere near the knowledge of some of you guys e.g. you and wao seem to be quite in the know with these things. Must admit I've taken more of an interest in that side recently so perhaps I'm on the way to becoming a fully fledged sakuga fanatic.
Zappster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-08, 23:16   Link #57
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-10, 03:40   Link #58
Storm-and-Fire

Well... from the little stuff I've heard, I think this is how it goes...

Most anticipated shows
Tsubasa Chronicle 3 - Yes, even though Tsubasa is getting from little to no love because of the last season. It's all NHK's fault. I don't have high hopes about how they're gonna handle it, because the next thing they will have to adapt if they follow the manga is the weirdest brainkilling plot twist I've seen in a manga so far.
Lucky Star - From what I've heard, Lucky Star is a school comedy. I'm very keen on such stuff, so it's a definite watch for me.
Romeo x Juliet - I wanna see how they handle it.
Idolm@ster Xenoglossia - I need my Sunrise fix now that Code Geass is nearing its end.

Shows that seem remotely interesting
Claymore, El Cazador, Seto no Hanayome, Darker than Black.

Quote:
I can't remember what the lineup for last year's Spring was because I don't remember things by the years' seasons that well, but if it wasn't the one with Noein, ParaKiss, and Mushishi all around that same time then well...
It was the first anime season I ever followed, so I remember some of the shows. Black Lagoon, Nana, Witchblade, Ray, Kiba, Simoun, Digimon Savers, Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu...
Old 2007-03-11, 10:14   Link #59
H-man
3rd year Otaku

Location: Hmm...: Bollnäs, Sweden; Sundsvall, Sweden; Edsbro, Sweden and a couple of places in Texas, USA
Send a message via MSN to H-man
Now I know what I want from this year! Appelseed 2! Awesome! I love the first movie...

Something I'm hoping for is that the rumors of a School Rumble 3rd season to be true. Have only read the first chapter and I love it!
H-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-11, 14:55   Link #60
Corn
Gotta kill 'em all!

Man, I wonder what Devil May Cry will be like. I love the video game, on PS2.
Corn is offline   Reply With Quote