AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2009-02-06, 20:02   Link #1041
Archer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
You're confusing Counter Guardians with Counter Force here. Counter Guardians are a type of Counter Force, but Counter Forces can take on many more forms.

As explained in the movie and in the novel, the Counter Force is basically a phenomenon that occurs whenever the safety of the world or of the human population is threatened, and does whatever it can to prevent such events from happening. Araya trying to reach the Origin was a serious enough threat for the Counter Force to act upon it and prevent him from doing so.
Archer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-06, 20:17   Link #1042
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer View Post
You're confusing Counter Guardians with Counter Force here. Counter Guardians are a type of Counter Force, but Counter Forces can take on many more forms.

As explained in the movie and in the novel, the Counter Force is basically a phenomenon that occurs whenever the safety of the world or of the human population is threatened, and does whatever it can to prevent such events from happening. Araya trying to reach the Origin was a serious enough threat for the Counter Force to act upon it and prevent him from doing so.
oops your are right

http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Counter_Force

Quote:
The Counter Force (抑止力, yokushiryoku?) is the balance of powers that aims to maintain and prolongate the present world, a safety device with no consciousness.
The Counter Force starts acting up only when a situation is already happening; the instant a factor that can destroy the world has started moving, the Counter Force come into play to annihilate that factor.
The Counter Force itself is a swirl with no shape or body that will adjust its structure in order to definitely exceed the target and erase it. Usually, the Counter Force will boost up an "ordinary person" to remove the factor of destruction, and thus, create a hero. A human who has become a hero thanks to the Counter Force will be added into Alaya after death.
As it has no consciousness, it can't be witnessed and people don't notice it consciously.
Old 2009-02-06, 21:47   Link #1043
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer View Post

Okay I think I got it..

a. Counter Force woke up Tomoe.
b. Araya imprinted Tomoe.
c. Counter Force caused the thief to find Tomoe's open apartment.
Old 2009-02-07, 01:36   Link #1044
Hari Michiru
Insane Fangirl
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Okay I think I got it..

a. Counter Force woke up Tomoe.
b. Araya imprinted Tomoe.
c. Counter Force caused the thief to find Tomoe's open apartment.
*mouth makes a big 'O'*

Everything makes sense now. @_@

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Hari Michiru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-07, 07:51   Link #1045
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Movie 5

Brilliant! It had a couple of little flaws here and there, like the animation wasn't as good as the previous four films (that's a harsh standard to judge it by) and the use of repetition was a little annoying, even if it did play to one of the film's main themes, but this was the best anime film I've seen for ages. It doesn't deserve a 10/10, in my eyes, something I've only ever given to two anime titles I've seen, but it was very close.

That was a powerful experience, almost overwhelming. To put it simply, there was just an incredible amount of stuff in it, characters, thematics, meta-physics, philosophy. Add to that the visceral appeals, such as the amazing action sequences and the ongoing tension and suspense of the whole thing set up by the thick, dark atmosphere, and it turned out to be a very thrilling and exhausting film to watch. My brain is mush now, so I might try to write something more intelligent about this film later. If I can ever completely wrap my brain around it, that is...
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-07, 10:49   Link #1046
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hari Michiru View Post
*mouth makes a big 'O'*

Everything makes sense now. @_@

I make no apologies for being slow on the uptake.
Old 2009-02-09, 00:22   Link #1047
Kouvley

The 5th movie was superb, a brilliant culmination of the previous movies.

The drop in animation quality compared to movies 1-4 was quite apparent but given the length of this one it's easily forgivable, it merely dropped from awe-inducing to excellent.

I found it quite amusing that Tomoe looks exactly like Emiya Shirou or perhaps more acurately Shirou looks exactly like Tomoe? Was Tomoe's chara design done back when the novels were published? I'm glad they didn't hire the same seiyuu though, I found his voice a bit annoying in Fate/stay night (Seeeiiiiiibaa! )

If I didn't know better I would've thought Araya was the last boss but with another 2 movies on the way I wonder how they are going to build up to the real finale. Needless to say Iam greatly looking forward to it and the prospect of marathoning all 7 movies in chronological order once they're out.
Kouvley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-09, 04:59   Link #1048
Doppel

I too am glad they didn't get Shirou's seiyuu, I've heard his voice work in Bleach, Naruto and Ookiku Furikabutte and I didn't like any of his characters.

My guess is that movie 6 will be a lighter story (YAY AKIHA/AZAKA), then movie 7 will return focus on Shiki's condition/identity since the title is "A Study of Murder Part 2" if I'm not mistaken.

(By the way, in the Fate Stay Night Visual Collection, there is a character profile of a senior school girl named Mitsuduri Ayako, and she looks identical to Ryougi Shiki except she is a brunette. I don't ever remember seeing her in the Fate animation, so it's very puzzling, any Fate gamers that can confirm her appearance?)
Doppel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-09, 05:33   Link #1049
Alaya
Counter Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppel View Post
I too am glad they didn't get Shirou's seiyuu, I've heard his voice work in Bleach, Naruto and Ookiku Furikabutte and I didn't like any of his characters.

My guess is that movie 6 will be a lighter story (YAY AKIHA/AZAKA), then movie 7 will return focus on Shiki's condition/identity since the title is "A Study of Murder Part 2" if I'm not mistaken.

(By the way, in the Fate Stay Night Visual Collection, there is a character profile of a senior school girl named Mitsuduri Ayako, and she looks identical to Ryougi Shiki except she is a brunette. I don't ever remember seeing her in the Fate animation, so it's very puzzling, any Fate gamers that can confirm her appearance?)
At least Shirou's voice in Realta Nua is quite good, if not great when listening to him calmly cast UBW or execute Nine Lives Blade Works.

Ayako is a friend of Tohsaka Rin and Emiya Shirou. She doesn't have much screen time in the anime though.

For those who want to understand more about the philosophy stuffs in the fifth movie, try this blog page: http://memories-of-eternity.com/anal...-no-kyoukai-5/
It's pretty good in my opinion, especially if you don't have much understanding in Eastern philosophy.

Madoka: This was the tale of magical girls whose wishes are pure and by them are driven to despair.
Alaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-09, 12:19   Link #1050
Cat Megex
Seitenkan no Greeter

Send a message via AIM to Cat Megex Send a message via Yahoo to Cat Megex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaya View Post
Ayako is a friend of Tohsaka Rin and Emiya Shirou. She doesn't have much screen time in the anime though.
She gets a spot in the first OP, though, next to Ryuudou Issei.
Cat Megex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-09, 13:01   Link #1051
Le Anh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari
Oh yes, I do have a "medium nitpick": Cornelius. Okay, I know he wasn't supposed to be a boss (heck, perhaps not even hidden/middle boss), but he was a plain sitting duck in the movie.
Normally, he would be more like F/SN Gilgamesh: powerful, but idiotically conceited and unprepared (hello usual nasuverse defeat device). It is a shame he wasn't even shown as a proper magus (I was fidgeting for some gorgeous pyromaniac fest, but... too bad ~~)
^
That also is one of a few disappointing things in this movie for me. They totally cut off Alba vs Touko scene and made him into a maniac clown. In the novel he
Spoiler:

=( It would make nice demonstrate of the cat's power, but I guess it's not very important to the plot so they left it out.
Le Anh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-09, 13:05   Link #1052
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

He was still beaten anticlimatically in the novel, but even so, he PUT a fight, while the movie implied that, the only things he could do are: doing the happy brain surgeon, humming like a madman, crushing heads and get overwhelmed like a grunt.

As far as I can remember, he was even praised as being superior to Touko by other magi, back in the Association, but it was his own arrogance and inferiority complex that brought out his obsession and insanity.

That would be like Gil without being able to show off his gates of babylon: truely disheartening.
Old 2009-02-09, 14:22   Link #1053
Cat Megex
Seitenkan no Greeter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Anh View Post
^
That also is one of a few disappointing things in this movie for me. They totally cut off Alba vs Touko scene and made him into a maniac clown. In the novel he
Spoiler:

=( It would make nice demonstrate of the cat's power, but I guess it's not very important to the plot so they left it out.
...Wait, slimes? o_O?
Old 2009-02-09, 15:36   Link #1054
Avisch
Reality Blender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
That would be like Gil without being able to show off his gates of babylon: truely disheartening.
That's a hilarious image.

Gil: Watch THIS! *snaps fingers*
(crickets chirp)
Shirou: yeah?

One crazy B****
Avisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-11, 23:03   Link #1055
Snooker
Call me neet.

Some new pictures.

Snooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-11, 23:51   Link #1056
Doppel

Thanks for the great pictures, however..

WHO IS THAT 4TH GIRL IN THE CHIBI PICTURE??? The blonde wearing Shiki's red jacket, is that supposed to be Arcueid? Nekoarc? Spoiler character?
Old 2009-02-12, 00:14   Link #1057
Hari Michiru
Insane Fangirl
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppel View Post
Thanks for the great pictures, however..

WHO IS THAT 4TH GIRL IN THE CHIBI PICTURE??? The blonde wearing Shiki's red jacket, is that supposed to be Arcueid? Nekoarc? Spoiler character?
Not Arcueid, that's for sure. The hair's different.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Hari Michiru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-12, 01:29   Link #1058
Schneizel
uwu
*Fansubber

I think it's
Spoiler for spoiler:
Schneizel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-12, 03:32   Link #1059
Cat Megex
Seitenkan no Greeter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneizel View Post
I think it's
Spoiler for spoiler:
As do I, Koda. ^_^
Old 2009-02-12, 04:07   Link #1060
Doppel

Oh it IS a spoiler character? Great now I've been semi-spoiled just by looking at that picture. Thanks for tagging the answer Schneizel, the sacred ominous little button that I shall never click.

Tags
action, harem, type moon