AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Episode 26 (END) Rating
Perfect 10 57 12.98%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 55 12.53%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 59 13.44%
7 out of 10 : Good 68 15.49%
6 out of 10 : Average 62 14.12%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 20 4.56%
4 out of 10 : Poor 24 5.47%
3 out of 10 : Bad 10 2.28%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 12 2.73%
1 out of 10 : Painful 72 16.40%
Voters: 439. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-25, 14:48   Link #61
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

As with everyone else, I like to thank Mentar and the rest of the fansubbing stff for thier excellent and quick work.

As for the anime itself, it is a mix bag. I like how close tot he manga they were in the beginning and i didn't mind the lack of animation too much. Didn't like how the series, really wanted a cliffhanger ending but oh well.

I thought the director did a pretty good job despite the ending. Especially considering this is his first time as the Director. He might not have as much say in how the story board went.

I grade Claymore a Solid B.
Old 2007-09-25, 14:55   Link #62
Icephere
Claymore Fan

Well, the ending is sort of abrupt here. I haven't watched the episode personally so I can't say much, except that by using some commonsense, there is suppose to be no room for a happy ending..

There should have been a mystery or a serious issue to exist at the the end of the episode. Dedicating 30 seconds of that episode for a mystery would have been WAAAAAAAAAAAAY much better than a 5 minute total of Raki crying his tears out. Seriously, we get the message that he is a cry baby..
Old 2007-09-25, 14:56   Link #63
Sassarai
Army of One

ewwww not that type. I hate berserk ending. Turned out to be a hentai then "THE END"
Old 2007-09-25, 14:57   Link #64
khryoleoz
Power of 9 SoShi-ist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
Spoiler for Are you serious?!:
I was hoping for Clare to defeat Priscilla doing no more than just changing her eye color as her predecessor would have done. But Madhouse goofed up the writing long before the inevitable conclusion that we got.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassarai View Post
ewwww not that type. I hate berserk ending. Turned out to be a hentai then "THE END"
LOL!
Old 2007-09-25, 14:57   Link #65
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Quote:
Originally Posted by khryoleoz View Post
That's easy. Up on a cliff are Isley, Priscilla and Raki. Priscilla in tears says six lights remain. Another goes out. Then three. Then two. Then one. Finally, all the lights go out.

Skip seven years into the future...see the pattern?

Another fascinating show where this guy wielded a sword bigger than his own frame inocculated me to an abrupt and unresolved ending a long time ago.
That kind ending will make more people howling and pissed since it is a hanging ending. Not many people like a hanging ending.
Old 2007-09-25, 14:57   Link #66
UPR

I like the ending. A good end to a good series. There could be the possibilty for a 2nd season, but if there is not I can live with this. We all know there have been much worse endings out there.
Old 2007-09-25, 14:58   Link #67
Seska

Quote:
WAAAAAAAAAAAAY much better than a 5 minute total of Raki crying his tears out. Seriously, we get the message that he is a cry baby..
Well, he can only risk his live for her, as a Human. He recalls Clare's feelings back... He done all what he could with his Human force...

He is no Crybaby. Other ones would piss his pants, or run away
Old 2007-09-25, 15:00   Link #68
Sassarai
Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2 View Post
That kind ending will make more people howling and pissed since it is a hanging ending. Not many people like a hanging ending.
yea I think those are the worst type of endings unless they plan on making another season. Gotta give it some kind of closure. Reminds me of how kaze no stigma just ended recently I give it a 3 blah . If claymore manga only had a good arc to end it at then it would be good. Like how Bleach anime could of just ended at the first arc then throw that crappy bount arc away.
Old 2007-09-25, 15:02   Link #69
khryoleoz
Power of 9 SoShi-ist

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2 View Post
Maybe, but it was that kind of ending that Dark Horse/DMP continues to get my money.
Old 2007-09-25, 15:05   Link #70
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Still say Cliff-hanger ending with OVA continuation (like Genshiken) would have been best.

I would have prefered the unresolved cliff-hanger ending over this tbh, can't see how people are satisfied with a completely OOC happy ending.
Old 2007-09-25, 15:07   Link #71
stormy001_M1A2

Hanging ending in manga is more acceptable but anime version of hanging ending will make most fans stand up and ready to lynch the director with bayonets. Most anime fan's pet peeves of anime medium are always sucky hanging endings. In case of Claymore, I wished Madhouse wait for 6 years for manga to finish then make an anime adaptation of it.

A story focused anime like Claymore demands for a closure, like it or not. Genshiken, a slice-of-life anime can afford a hanging ending because of the nature of story.
Old 2007-09-25, 15:09   Link #72
Seska

i only say.... "Nice Boat!".. Happy that don't happened to us
Old 2007-09-25, 15:10   Link #73
Sassarai
Army of One

you would be close to 40 by then stormy! you sure you want to wait that long! lol I think they should of waited till the manga has a bit more material and a better place to end it. If I were to choose between a bad cliff hanger vs a made up ending I would choose the made up one if they do a good job at it. Like Elfen lied and unlike berserk.
Old 2007-09-25, 15:10   Link #74
Sakuya
*Artist

Spoiler:

IMO I think it's still plausible for a second season in the future. I know the ending is different from where the manga left off but with a few original episodes patching things up, they could still continue onto the manga route afterward. Plus, they could always make OVAs that "remake" these last few episodes and then have a new TV season following the manga. That would be awesome.
Old 2007-09-25, 15:11   Link #75
Seska

He send the AB Army home....
Old 2007-09-25, 15:13   Link #76
IMSabbel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icephere View Post
Spoiler for Clare:
Nah, it just shows how much they had to rape the characters to make them fit into that end.
Spoiler:

And for the ending:
Spoiler:
Old 2007-09-25, 15:17   Link #77
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Will it help if everyone will consider this an AU anime diversion then? *chuckle*
Old 2007-09-25, 15:18   Link #78
khryoleoz
Power of 9 SoShi-ist

Sure it's plausible, but only because they left so many loose ends. But heck if I know how they'll integrate the divergent events with where we are in the source material, or whether they'll even do that if not make up some completely different and out-of-context plot.

If they try to integrate, one problem I think they'll have is that they'd have to re-establish Isley's original mission under a different context, as he knows that there is one who by being greater than his master is therefore greater than any of the AOs he planned on dispatching. It'll be a mess.
Old 2007-09-25, 15:25   Link #79
Defiled one
Priscilla`s inner voice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Will it help if everyone will consider this an AU anime diversion then? *chuckle*
I am kinda of happy. Now i can tell all the things the manga had to the anime fans.

Just kidding, seriously, manga is really different from the anime. Clare is more.....I don´t know Evil?

You know where who can talk about the manga. meet you there.
Old 2007-09-25, 15:32   Link #80
stormy001_M1A2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassarai View Post
you would be close to 40 by then stormy! you sure you want to wait that long! lol I think they should of waited till the manga has a bit more material and a better place to end it. If I were to choose between a bad cliff hanger vs a made up ending I would choose the made up one if they do a good job at it. Like Elfen lied and unlike berserk.
Hey man, you talking to a guy who patiently reading Yokohama Kaidaishi Kikou, arguably slowest moving story ever made into manga or been following Evangelion manga for almost 10 years. So I am a very patient guy. So what is 6 years? Nothing to me. Manga is meant to be enjoyed slowly like a good wine, one sip at the time.

My motto is, a patient hunter always gets his prey.