Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2010-08-27, 13:21   Link #121
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
I am from the South (I was born in Tuscaloosa, lived a good chunk of my life in Alabama, Georgia and Oklahoma) and I fucking loathe sweet tea.

You do not put sugar in tea or coffee! Bitter drinks are supposed to be bitter!

Would you put sugar in beer?! OF COURSE NOT! It's supposed to be bitter!

*facepalm*
Old 2010-08-27, 13:28   Link #122
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
Would you put sugar in beer?! OF COURSE NOT! It's supposed to be bitter!

*facepalm*
I thought sugar and beer are practically the same. In terms of chemistry that is - so there isn't any harm in putting sugar in beer.

*dodges beerstein thrown at him*

There is actually a kind of sweet wine named canary. And it is both sweet and bitter at the same time - something like adding icing sugar to alcohol. And I wonder if it will taste well with a roasted canary (the bird).

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-27, 13:39   Link #123
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

I prefer home-cooked over fast food, but i doubt that it makes that huge difference for me in the long run since I come from a stereotypical Black family in the South (even though they were from South Jersey). Food is super delicious, but I doubt chicken and gravy with neckbone-flavored collard greens, macaroni & cheese, and sweet potato pone is that healthy. Granted, that wasn't made everyday or I would be fat as hell right now, but y'all get the point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitres View Post
Nothing but Mcdonald and the local Chinese restaurant and Ritchie pizza house for me. Never seen a Bojangles, if I have I must have forgotten.
Bojangles are only in nine states:

North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, Florida, Maryland, Tennessee, Virginia, and Pennsylvania. Less locations up north, but you're probably going to find more Bojangles than say. . .KFC south of Virginia. There are some located in Honduras of all places as well. And the sweet tea is indeed delicious.

I've been trying to cut down on fast food, but I can't help to indulge myself on some fried chicken from time to time (homemade or Bojangles if I want some spice). And those tasty french fries from Burger King with a burger.

Edit: And I forgot pizza. I'm not giving up pizza.

Last edited by Dilla; 2010-08-27 at 14:13.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-27, 13:55   Link #124
EnchantingPrincess
~♥~G-Ri~♥~

I prefer home cooked meals over fast food...
My reason I find it better and there is plenty for me to get thirds
Besides no fast food can beat my moms cooking!
EnchantingPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-27, 15:26   Link #125
Alchemist007
*Author

I have pizza probably once every week, used to go to Taco Bell but we started making our own which are actually much better. Other than that, don't eat out. Gonna have to go back to college life though, which means a diet of laziness for the most part.
Old 2010-08-27, 15:47   Link #126
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
I have pizza probably once every week, used to go to Taco Bell but we started making our own which are actually much better. Other than that, don't eat out. Gonna have to go back to college life though, which means a diet of laziness for the most part.

For me Taco Bell is more or less when I have a craving for taco bell, other than that, over here we have a wide variety of Mexican food restaurant which makes genuine Burritos and tacos, and not what they sell in Taco Bell, I Like Taco Bell, but the real deal is way better.

But, Got to say, that Chalupas are just too damm good to pass, and their FIesta Fries, is second to no one (Im aware we are just one of the 2 countries in the world were taco bell serves fries)
Old 2010-08-27, 15:57   Link #127
Nosauz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik View Post
For me Taco Bell is more or less when I have a craving for taco bell, other than that, over here we have a wide variety of Mexican food restaurant which makes genuine Burritos and tacos, and not what they sell in Taco Bell, I Like Taco Bell, but the real deal is way better.

But, Got to say, that Chalupas are just too damm good to pass, and their FIesta Fries, is second to no one (Im aware we are just one of the 2 countries in the world were taco bell serves fries)
I love authentic with queso fresco/blanco, fresh salsa, fresh guacamole, fresh pork, but man taco bell meat paste has a wierd way of satiating my hunger, and also who doesn't love neon yellow cheese sauce?
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-27, 22:09   Link #128
Roloko vi Britannia
The Dark Empress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
If you like sweet tea and say anything about Mcdiddy's super water downed crap is "epic win" just goes to show you west virginian's are not as southern as you think. Plus everybody knows that the best Fastfood sweet tea in America is either from Cookout or Bojangles.

Also about the topic, if America had street vendors in China I'd eat fast food more often, freshly fried things versus a soppy flavorless burger just doesn't compare. Probably close to the same order of calories but street vendors that serve "fastfood" are actually quite good when it comes to flavor, also would love to have little taqueria's serving fresh fast tacos with authentic mexican flavors.
I never heard of Bojangles or Cookout so I wouldn't know what there tea would taste like. Besides everyone has their own opinions and I think everyone has their own unique taste buds so what another person thinks taste like crap another person could find it very delicious

@ Rurik: I like Wendy's 1/2 pound cheeseburgers and also their sour cream and chives baked potato is good too. I prefer Dominos pizza overall I never been to Sabarro I think I seen it advertised on TV, but I live nowhere near one. I also like going to this place called Pete's Hotdogs they have frozen lemonade. There also was this one place called Corner Stone cafe and it was THE ONLY internet cafe too and they had slammin scones and fruit smoothies, but sadly they sold their business to State Farm I think or they went out of business and State Farm bought the building boooooo

Roloko vi Britannia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-27, 23:00   Link #129
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
As a man who doesn't know how to cook at all fast food is usually my last resort for when I'm desperately hungry, or for when I feel a craving for certain fast foods.

Personally I prefer home cooking cause they taste better, simple as that.
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-28, 10:21   Link #130
Shane Schwarzman

I would have to say I enjoy Home Cooking alot more than fast food.
Shane Schwarzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-28, 12:02   Link #131
Langus
Optimus Prime

Home cooking always tastes better, especially if you're not the one cooking it.

But damn, nothing kills a hangover faster than a greasy McDonald's breakfast. Mmmm!
Old 2010-08-28, 12:19   Link #132
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
It's not McDonald's, it's just the grease. Personally my favorite hangover cure is to go to a place called the Pork Store in the Haight-Ashbury district. Get some biscuits and country gravy, fried eggs over easy and chicken-fried steak.

Goddamn this is making me hungry.

(Have I ever mentioned how awesome living around SF is? It's almost worth living in California for!)
Old 2010-08-28, 12:35   Link #133
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
It's not McDonald's, it's just the grease. Personally my favorite hangover cure is to go to a place called the Pork Store in the Haight-Ashbury district. Get some biscuits and country gravy, fried eggs over easy and chicken-fried steak.

Goddamn this is making me hungry.

(Have I ever mentioned how awesome living around SF is? It's almost worth living in California for!)
Mine is this :

400g of lean meat (whatever kind)
30 ground Mamie biscuits (the coaster sized ones, not the small ones)
2 Tomatoes
3 beaten eggs
6 potatoes

1. Pound the lean meat until soft and no longer tough.
2. Oil and heat a frying pan.
3. Dip the pounded meat into the beaten egg and then that ground mamie biscuits. Cover entirely with the ground biscuit crumbs then drop into the frying pan.
4. Cut the potatoes into wedges and shallow fry them.
5. Garnish with tomatoes and serve.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-28, 12:46   Link #134
LMF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komari View Post
Which is exactly why I'm always glad I didn't pay for the free shit.
C'mon, Komari. LOL!

thanks for the reply. LOL
LMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-28, 13:51   Link #135
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
Home cooking always tastes better, especially if you're not the one cooking it.

But damn, nothing kills a hangover faster than a greasy McDonald's breakfast. Mmmm!
Haha, basically anything filling (as well as hydrating fruits) help me get over hangovers. I feel too sick to eat fast food.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-28, 15:30   Link #136
LMF

Man, I'm the only here who's eats anything, as long if it's free.
LMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-01, 07:17   Link #137
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMF View Post
Man, I'm the only here who's eats anything, as long if it's free.
Not the only one I know I would like to eat food that I didn't have to make and pay
Old 2010-09-01, 09:23   Link #138
cusco

I cant stand hamburger type fast food, if i eat fast food (like once in a blue moon) itll be something like panda express

that said i eat really crappy...never eat breakfast and mid day ill eat something like cereal, ramen, or what i have been for the last few weeks since its all i got sandwhich with turkey hotsauce and a pickle yeah I eat once a day on something really crappy like that, i do like to drink juices and stuff a lot so i guess it makes up for it... poor student ftw
cusco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-04, 02:23   Link #139
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Hmm I use to before about year ago eat fast food a bit more commonly, but I've cut it down now to ussually subway once or twice a week, and one other maybe once a month.

While I am actively trying to switch my habits to healthier food, not much of it is actual "cooking" ussually twice a week if that since I can't really cook currently so ya.

Other days is generally healthier brands[or organic tends which type] of microwave/oven/stove pre-made food, or some non-fast food restaurant.

Really sadly where I eat healthiest is a bit ironic which be food I snack on, since it's either fruit, or something organ, low/reduced fat, or/and zero fat stuff, it's really amazing how much variety of snack stuff is available in those forms these days .
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-25, 04:56   Link #140
sonyclarle

Ya...Fast food items are tasty but not good for Health . So, If we learn how to cook fast food items

then we will prepare our own with in minutes ...By practicing these items regularly.....
sonyclarle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cooking, food