AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 03 Rating
Perfect 10 14 17.07%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 19.51%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 30 36.59%
7 out of 10 : Good 13 15.85%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 7.32%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.22%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.22%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.22%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-04-21, 21:07   Link #541
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meophist View Post
Basically.

When Caro did her summoning spell, she was on a Midchildran circle. The summon itself was over a summoning circle.
She was surrounded by butterflies right? Perhaps she summons them directly where she stands, and that the magic square overlapped with hers...

... Or she could just be a familiar like what Fuyu no Sora suggested.
Old 2007-04-21, 21:08   Link #542
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Perhaps thats where the drones come from (sorry if someone mentioned it already )

@Darco_emp & Xellos-_^

Nah, she's the Ilya to somebody's Berserker

you mean she will summon this

Spoiler:

well I guess she is a pink hair flat chest loli
Old 2007-04-21, 21:11   Link #543
mist2123
Banned

Send a message via AIM to mist2123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post

Spoiler:

well I guess hse ia pink hair flat chest loli
Imao
Old 2007-04-21, 21:13   Link #544
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:

Spoiler:

well I guess hse ia pink hair flat chest loli

LOL, thats a good one ...

But I wasn't thinking of anything to be honest
Old 2007-04-21, 21:16   Link #545
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Does that mean that he will have an SSS-level mastery of any weapon he gets his hands on? haxx.

Regardless, if Lutecia is going to be a summoned as opposed to a summoner, I'd rather she be Gadget Drone Type....Zero? or something like that.

An AI-installed magic-able AMF-equipped humanoid Gadget Drone. Snazzy.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-04-21, 21:18   Link #546
Meophist

Quote:
She was surrounded by butterflies right? Perhaps she summons them directly where she stands, and that the magic square overlapped with hers...
There was both a Midchildran circle and a summoning circle when Caro summoned the chains. In the OP, we only see the summoning circle.
Quote:
... Or she could just be a familiar like what Fuyu no Sora suggested.
I thought I suggested it first. In any case, not a familiar, but a summoned creature, I think.
Old 2007-04-21, 21:26   Link #547
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience

Location: In a place of extremes. From below freezing to above boiling.
I believe this whole Lutecia discussion is going to keep going for about one more page until we get the raws for episode four and the we'll start some very interesting discussions again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meophist
I thought I suggested it first. In any case, not a familiar, but a summoned creature, I think.
We had to guess what you meant. I presented the thought directly.
Old 2007-04-21, 22:01   Link #548
Meophist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuyu no Sora View Post
I believe this whole Lutecia discussion is going to keep going for about one more page until we get the raws for episode four and the we'll start some very interesting discussions again
Well, we beat the previous two episode discussion threads in number of posts with this one, so I guess I can be happy with that. Still feels somewhat lacking though.
Quote:
We had to guess what you meant. I presented the thought directly.
Thought Draco_emp presented the thought first.

In any case, the initial ambiguity of mine proved useful in identifying whether my thought was simply a random interpretation or not.
Old 2007-04-21, 22:01   Link #549
Skane
Anime Snark

Smile

Wow. The posts let rip when I sleep.

The following are my own theories on the matter of what direction StrikerS is going to be taking. I am going to summarise it for brevity.

Raising Heart(RH)'s draining of Nanoha's Linker Core will finally take its toll and render her "powerless". Much angst will occur as Nanoha is now robbed of her ability to fly (a point which has been emphasised over and over again in the manga).

It is then later discovered that the Relic(s) are similar in nature to RH. RH is revealed to be an incomplete Lost Logia, which is why it was so detrimental to Nanoha's Linker Core, and why people did not know it was a Lost Logia before.

The enemy is overwhelming Hayate's Division, the Church, and the TSAB in general. Shario discovers a way to fuse a Relic as a "power source" (refer to Fate's briefing in Ep03 for further details) for RH. Now completed, RH no long affects Nanoha's Linker Core (which is incredibly potent already).

[Fanboy Fantasy]
With this new "upgrade", Nanoha's Barrier Jacket(BJ) gains a change of appearance and she now has pink "Wings of Light" (think of Hayate's BJ's wings, but with Wing Gundam (the Endless Waltz version) type wings)

This ties in magnificently with the idea of Nanoha belonging in the sky as she soars into combat to kick some ass with extreme prejudice via pink explosions (Gundam anyone? ).
[/Fanboy Fantasy]
~~~~ ~~~~

Given how many times they talked about Nanoha belonging in the sky, I don't think it will be discarded as an afterthought. It was probably foreshadowing.

Cheers.
Old 2007-04-21, 22:08   Link #550
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Given how many times they talked about Nanoha belonging in the sky, I don't think it will be discarded as an afterthought. It was probably foreshadowing.
Weird minds think alike. I had extremely similar lines of thought.

The only difference is that I didn't use Relic-ex-Machina to revitalize RH, but rather my version had Yuuno literally ripping out his own Linker Core to function as Raising Heart's S² Engine, depriving him of any magical power whatsoever permanently to give Nanoha back herself, and her dreams.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-04-21, 22:08   Link #551
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience

Location: In a place of extremes. From below freezing to above boiling.
Quote:

The following are my own theories on the matter of what direction StrikerS is going to be taking. I am going to summarise it for brevity.

Raising Heart(RH)'s draining of Nanoha's Linker Core will finally take its toll and render her "powerless". Much angst will occur as Nanoha is now robbed of her ability to fly (a point which has been emphasised over and over again in the manga).

It is then later discovered that the Relic(s) are similar in nature to RH. RH is revealed to be an incomplete Lost Logia, which is why it was so detrimental to Nanoha's Linker Core, and why people did not know it was a Lost Logia before.

The enemy is overwhelming Hayate's Division, the Church, and the TSAB in general. Shario discovers a way to fuse a Relic as a "power source" (refer to Fate's briefing in Ep03 for further details) for RH. Now completed, RH no long affects Nanoha's Linker Core (which is incredibly potent already).

[Fanboy Fantasy]
With this new "upgrade", Nanoha's Barrier Jacket(BJ) gains a change of appearance and she now has pink "Wings of Light" (think of Hayate's BJ's wings, but with Wing Gundam (the Endless Waltz version) type wings)

This ties in magnificently with the idea of Nanoha belonging in the sky as she soars into combat to kick some ass with extreme prejudice via pink explosions (Gundam anyone? ).
[/Fanboy Fantasy]
~~~~ ~~~~

Cheers.
I accept so long as they don't keep us waiting for a whole week or so if they render Nanoha powerless in one episode and then they comple RH in the next one or something like that. I'd die of agony while waiting to know what happenes next
Old 2007-04-21, 22:09   Link #552
Meophist

Again, I really think that the Raising Heart was draining Nanoha's Linker Core for training purposes…

…well whatever.
Old 2007-04-21, 22:19   Link #553
JayF

Also in this ep, Fate and Nanoha become poster girls for the new TSAB Dont Ask Don't tell policy regarding yuri after their last bedroom scene.

Looks like Yunno will have to settle for Arf, or some random trap loving TSAB peon.
Old 2007-04-21, 23:04   Link #554
Meophist

Quote:
I try my best.
Quote:

Cheers.
Haven't they been saying that since the first series though?
Old 2007-04-21, 23:06   Link #555
octoberasian
Baka Gaijin :P
*IT Support

Quote:

Spoiler:

well I guess she is a pink hair flat chest loli
LOL

Didn't think of that. XD

Good one ^^b
Old 2007-04-21, 23:23   Link #556
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

@Skane

So base on your theories, you believe that a sizable portion of this season would be on Nanoha, rather than whatever evil deeds this organisation might be blewing in their mothers' basement?

EDIT: Oh wait, my bad, are those just what you think Nanoha's development would be like?
Old 2007-04-21, 23:27   Link #557
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
@Skane

So base on your theories, you believe that a sizable portion of this season would be on Nanoha, rather than whatever evil deeds this organisation might be blewing in their mothers' basement?

EDIT: Oh wait, my bad, are those just what you think Nanoha's development would be like?
Just on Nanoha. I don't have enough material to work with to form credible theories on the rest of the cast.

Cheers.
Old 2007-04-21, 23:28   Link #558
Aaron008R

Just watched the DGz sub ep. I'm going to add some comments to my past post.

Spoiler:

As for the discussion, I'm really too sure about the idea of RH draining Nanoha. I'm more inclined to believe that something irregular that has to do with her injury several years ago... Who knows? Maybe the producers would actually use all of the theories here. And I'd also prefer power-ups to be of the one-use-only sort. Our aces are already way powerful enough as it is.

Sigh... I guess it's paranoia time again for the few hours before episode four. I wonder what to expect, people panicking because Nanoha is actually sweating (even a bit) after a little workout with the New Stars? Or maybe a heavy sigh?
SIGH...

I guess that should be enough ranting from me for now.
Old 2007-04-21, 23:31   Link #559
Darco_emp
Bored and Lurking ~

Send a message via MSN to Darco_emp
Quote:
Onwards to Ep4 so we can see how Nanoha pound Erio to death

@Skane: even through it is a well established formula and all but I really do not want to see another Kira save after leet Hex up....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R
As for the discussion, I'm really too sure about the idea of RH draining Nanoha. I'm more inclined to believe that something irregular that has to do with her injury several years ago... Who knows? Maybe the producers would actually use all of the theories here. And I'd also prefer power-ups to be of the one-use-only sort. Our aces are already way powerful enough as it is.
RH draining on Nanoha has always been there since the start of the first season, if chapter 0 of A's manga is to be belived. At the time i think everyone just written it off as not really important since Yunno said Nanoha is used to it now, but with the recent light of Nanoha's conditions it has resurfaced again...
Old 2007-04-21, 23:37   Link #560
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darco_emp View Post

RH draining on Nanoha has always been there since the start of the first season, if chapter 0 of A's manga is to be belived. At the time i think everyone just written it off as not really important since Yunno said Nanoha is used to it now, but with the recent light of Nanoha's conditions it has resurfaced again...
5+ years is NOT recent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post

Sigh... I guess it's paranoia time again for the few hours before episode four. I wonder what to expect, people panicking because Nanoha is actually sweating (even a bit) after a little workout with the New Stars? Or maybe a heavy sigh?
SIGH...
"OMG! Nanoha's putting on a red dress and using make-up! She's suicidal!!"
"But-"
"Don't you know?! That's how women say that they don't want to live anymore!!"
"Erm-"
"NOOOOOOO!!!"
"Sigh...."

"AHHH! Nanoha has to use the bathroom!"
"But she's human..."
"She's a HIGH LEVEL MAGE! They should be able to deal with those things!!!"
"..."

"OH SHI-! Nanoha fire one less projectile in that Accel Shooter!!"