AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-10-07, 12:53   Link #421
James Rye

2nd season here we come.
Old 2017-10-07, 17:18   Link #422
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrewySquirrel View Post
well, the first week's Blu Ray sales were good. It ranked #10 in overall anime Blu Ray sales with 5466. 3000 is considered a hit.
That's remarkably good compared to the last outing by Studio 3Hz, the excellent but quirky Flip Flappers. The first release for that show sold just under 900 copies, and it declined from there. I just want to see the studio do well, even if we don't get another season of Princess Principal. They remind me of Brains-Base back when it first started with unusual, but well-produced shows like Kure-nai and Baccano!.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-07, 17:23   Link #423
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Finally finished the last couple of episodes. It was pretty "meh" for the most part but there was a heart to the story and the characters and I can appreciate that. The finale was wholly unsatisfactory to say the least though I'm not sure I'd bother sitting through a second season even if they do make one.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-07, 17:50   Link #424
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrewySquirrel View Post
3000 is considered a hit.
Not even close. According to interviews with anime producers they need around 4500 to break even. A moderate hit is around 7k.

Still, 5400 is good, and it's probably gonna reach around 6k eventually.
Old 2017-12-03, 18:56   Link #425
bakato

Picture Drama! A short but funny debate that gets turned on its head at the last minute.
Old 2018-01-10, 19:41   Link #426
Lukes YGO & WS on YT
Naracchi & Saracchi

Spoiler for Episode 1:

Spoiler for Episode 2:

Spoiler for Episode 3:

Spoiler for Episode 4:

Spoiler for Episode 5:

Spoiler for Episode 6:

Spoiler for Episode 7:

Spoiler for Episode 8:

Spoiler for Episode 9:

Spoiler for Episode 10:

Spoiler for Episode 11:

Spoiler for EP 12 Comments/Feedback & Series Score:

Last edited by Lukes YGO & WS on YT; 2018-01-14 at 22:15. Reason: Remaining Episodes
Lukes YGO & WS on YT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-30, 10:15   Link #427
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Tachibana and 3Hz announce six theatrical films continuing the Princess Principal story will be released in 2019. "The project will be an entirely new work (as opposed to a compilation) that tells a story after the final television series episode."

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...n-2019/.130989
Old 2018-04-30, 15:34   Link #428
4th Dimension

Sooo, the GuP model of milking us?

Join Midchilda Discord server - a Nanoha community server
4th Dimension is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-01, 08:53   Link #429
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Why do you call it "milking" when they are producing six entirely new episodes? It's not like they are just re-cutting the existing material into a movie. Surely 3Hz is allowed to earn some money, right?

Here I bring you good news, and the first reaction is to bitch.
Old 2018-05-01, 14:39   Link #430
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th Dimension View Post
Sooo, the GuP model of milking us?
I think that only really applies in a situation with two criteria.
1) The series being milked is widely critically acclaimed and an enormous success (Princess Principal is neither - it just did reasonably well)
2) The original series is a complete story and any expansion is unnecessary (admittedly this one is more subjective but I think a lot of people can agree that the TV series never really resolves a lot of things in a satisfactory manner. The director seems to think so as well)

Also, what SeijiSensei said.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-01, 17:56   Link #431
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Here I bring you good news, and the first reaction is to bitch.
If that kind of thing wasn't allowed, half the internet would shrivel up and die of disuse.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-02, 04:57   Link #432
4th Dimension

Oh great.

For one what I said was meant kinda as a joke.

But on the other hand, while the news that the story will be continued is nice, I'm not a fan of this new trend of turning seasons into films, mostly because then it takes YEARS for you to actually see the entire season.

Old 2018-05-02, 16:25   Link #433
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

When the Japanese Blu-rays are released, English fansubs will follow soon thereafter.

I don't know whether Amazon would buy the streaming rights again though. PriPri has only about 50 reviews there compared to 150-200 for shows like Re:Creators and Inayushiki, and 442 for Made in Abyss.

I also cannot buy a licensed physical copy of Princess Principal here in the US either. Looking around there is a DVD for sale which looks like a bootleg to me. On the other hand, there's a English fansub of a rip of the Japanese BDs floating around out there.

Nothing remains unavailable for long these days.
Old 2018-05-03, 01:37   Link #434
4th Dimension

Well, in the case of movies, it remains unavailable untill the BD comes out and someone subs it (if subs aren't included), which can take a while.

Old 2018-05-03, 09:19   Link #435
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Another trend that may contribute to this pattern of release is found in this year's report from the Association of Japanese Animators. Animated features have become a much bigger share of the Japanese box-office in just a few years. Anime box-office revenues constituted 29% of the total in 2011, then grew to 36% by 2014. In 2015, the share of box-office going to anime jumped six percent to 42% and grew to 44% last year. The expanded willingness of Japanese movie-goers to watch animated features may make the TV-first/movies-next method of production more common.
Old 2018-10-17, 06:50   Link #436
Ghostfriendly

I see some woes about availability; this series is now available for streaming on Hidive.

BTW, Dorothy, the older girl masquerading as a teenager reminds me of the Agatha Christie book, Cat Among the Pigeons. SPOILER If Hercule Poirot worked for the enemy spies, he could quickly identify her by her knees...

Edit: Also, the embarrassment of all the guards Dorothy tries to seduce is very British.

Last edited by Ghostfriendly; 2018-10-21 at 04:35.
Ghostfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-03, 10:48   Link #437
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Preview of Sentai Filmworks' English Dub:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Interesting that they're going bilingual for this, i.e. the Japanese characters still speak Japanese, which combined with the English characters speaking English, and the Japanese characters speaking English really do sounding like they don't speak the language gives it a more authentic feel. Kinda rare to see a bilingual dub like this actually, the last time I saw it was in the Blood: The Last Vampire movie.

I imagine this'll only be for this particular episode, since the episode in question is the only one where the Japanese play a big role in the story, but it's still a nice touch.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-03, 14:25   Link #438
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I assume Chise speaks English in the other episodes, else she'd be having a hard time in classes at the boarding school.
Old 2019-11-03, 18:56   Link #439
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Tachibana and 3Hz announce six theatrical films continuing the Princess Principal story will be released in 2019. "The project will be an entirely new work (as opposed to a compilation) that tells a story after the final television series episode."

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...n-2019/.130989
this is really good news.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-03, 20:10   Link #440
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I assume Chise speaks English in the other episodes, else she'd be having a hard time in classes at the boarding school.
She speaks English here and in one of the previous dub trailers, so that seems to be the case.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, alternate history, anime original, kajiura yuki, spy thriller, steampunk, tachibana masaki