AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-09-28, 13:05   Link #2341
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

The song did fit in well. And the bullet went off once the lyrics started too. I felt the crack in my heart at the same time too.

And no sequel! It must be left how it is. Anything else will only ruin it. The only thing I'd accept is animating the routes for the other girls but that wouldn't happen nor would it be plausible since this is an adaptation, not a re-telling.
Old 2009-09-28, 14:02   Link #2342
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayrael View Post
OVA? OVA?! You gotta be kidding...
Cherry Blossoms and Dusty Desert need an OVA.
Attop the Hill needs a MOVIE!
Only if the will completly re-do the story.

This ending doesn't suit anime series at all.
Old 2009-09-28, 14:27   Link #2343
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
And no sequel! It must be left how it is. Anything else will only ruin it. The only thing I'd accept is animating the routes for the other girls but that wouldn't happen nor would it be plausible since this is an adaptation, not a re-telling.
An alternate version of ep. 26 more faithful to the pathway ending would be better. The other true endings which were relatively nice ones for Mio and Cal would prob meet a similar revision. So what's the point if they can't get it right for Elen?

Besides, if they can't get it right the first time, don't expect the same studio to be awarded the sequel. Also, R2 sales of this would influence whether or not the sequel is made. They are the first studio in a while that I recall that did not stay faithful to a true ending.

Last edited by orion; 2009-09-28 at 14:41.
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-28, 14:34   Link #2344
g1alpha

....wow, i left for about 1/2 a day and all of a sudden 6 more pages are added to the thread. O_O
Well as much as I would like a happy ending for Reiji and Elen, a completely corrupted Reiji doesnt sound too bad. I say they should go for 6-7 OVA's completely retelling the story but following the Atop the Hill route.
g1alpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-28, 15:04   Link #2345
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

You know.. I think I am disliking this ending so much is that Elen is the one left alone at the end. Reiji should be the only person to live alone since he would then pay for what he did to the other girls with the rest of his life. Anyone know what I'm saying? I think two bullets at the end would have been better.. but this way was and still is more shocking.
Old 2009-09-28, 15:34   Link #2346
X207
Gamyūsa

i liked the ending, sure he didnt get to see her smile but he did rulfill everything else. i dont mind too much that eren survived. he did in the end get wat was coming his way for his lifestyle and uses for people. the ending feels sad but it all fits so well that it feels like a good ending imo.

i liked how they killed off the other assasins, especially the 2 guarding scythe.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-28, 16:02   Link #2347
Kirbyeggs
Even in Death I Serve

i am also hoping for a second season or something because that ending sucked in my opinion >.>
Good endings are not illegal
Old 2009-09-28, 16:15   Link #2348
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

They should just leave it at that and pick up Saya no Uta. It's the next big thing from Nitroplus after Phantom of Inferno

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

It would be such a disturbing anime, they would probably go for an OVA.

Last edited by Zwei; 2009-09-28 at 16:28.
Zwei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-28, 16:46   Link #2349
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirbyeggs View Post
i am also hoping for a second season or something because that ending sucked in my opinion >.>
Good endings are not illegal
Really hope not.

Such good series will be ruined by second season.
Old 2009-09-28, 17:16   Link #2350
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Another retelling of Inferno? Not now. There is so many stories begging to be adapted into anime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
You know.. I think I am disliking this ending so much is that Elen is the one left alone at the end. Reiji should be the only person to live alone since he would then pay for what he did to the other girls with the rest of his life. Anyone know what I'm saying? I think two bullets at the end would have been better.. but this way was and still is more shocking.
What makes you think that Elen/Ein survived? She could be dead too since she is last shown laying flat on the field; her epitaph could be those last words. That's the thing, the ending is open so some people interpret that both of them are dying while imagining freedom looking up the skies of Mongolia. After all, their sins caught up with them is the general theme, at least Ein/Elen have closure with her distant memory then BANG! dead.

Or both of them survived. Who knows. But we all can be sure that Reiji was shot. That's it.

Last edited by stormy001_M1A2; 2009-09-28 at 17:47.
stormy001_M1A2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-28, 17:41   Link #2351
Hari Michiru
Insane Fangirl
*Author

One can never satisfy the fanboys.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Hari Michiru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-28, 18:20   Link #2352
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2 View Post
What makes you think that Elen/Ein survived? She could be dead too since she is last shown laying flat on the field; her epitaph could be those last words. That's the thing, the ending is open so some people interpret that both of them are dying while imagining freedom looking up the skies of Mongolia. After all, their sins caught up with them is the general theme, at least Ein/Elen have closure with her distant memory then BANG! dead.

Or both of them survived. Who knows. But we all can be sure that Reiji was shot. That's it.
The thing is, there is no evidence of Elen being injured or being targeted. I appreciate the openness the writers have left for this, along with other events throughout the series, since we can interpret them as we like, but I still find it hard to believe Elen died at the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hari Michiru View Post
Nope, not ever!
Old 2009-09-28, 19:36   Link #2353
DeadlySoldier37
The players president

After a day has passed, I'm still pissed about the ending. After rewatching the most hated last part of the episode I have come to a conclusion that Elen survived and that she either didn't give a crap about Reiji dying which I doubt because all she wanted to do was protect him. Another option was that she was in denial, and the last option she just never noticed him dying. It still sucks that Reiji died at the end all he wanted to do was to escape the underworld, well if you think about it he kind of did but in a sad way.

@Zwei what the hell is that, that looks weird but at the same interesting. I wouldn't mind watching that if the plot was good.
DeadlySoldier37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-28, 19:55   Link #2354
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlySoldier37 View Post
@Zwei what the hell is that, that looks weird but at the same interesting. I wouldn't mind watching that if the plot was good.
It's a game by Nitroplus, creators of Phantom of Inferno.

It's about a guy who undergoes experimental brain surgery to save his life, but the surgery had an unintended side-effect - it causes his senses to become "warped". Everything he sees looks covered blood and gore, people resemble monsters in appearance and voice, and food that normally appeals to him tastes disgusting. Then he meets a young girl, who looks normal to him, while in reality her appearance is grotesque.

It's a really disturbing and twisted game, although it's rather short. I loved it.
Old 2009-09-28, 20:07   Link #2355
g1alpha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwei View Post
It's a game by Nitroplus, creators of Phantom of Inferno.

It's about a guy who undergoes experimental brain surgery to save his life, but the surgery had an unintended side-effect - it causes his senses to become "warped". Everything he sees looks covered blood and gore, people resemble monsters in appearance and voice, and food that normally appeals to him tastes disgusting. Then he meets a young girl, who looks normal to him, while in reality her appearance is grotesque.

It's a really disturbing and twisted game, although it's rather short. I loved it.
....looked it up in wiki and found it to be very very disturbing. Well it's interesting so I wouldn't mind it being turned into an anime.
g1alpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-28, 20:12   Link #2356
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
They should just leave it at that and pick up Saya no Uta. It's the next big thing from Nitroplus after Phantom of Inferno

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

It would be such a disturbing anime, they would probably go for an OVA.
that looks rather interesting to tell the truth. id watch that if it made it to the screen.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-28, 22:01   Link #2357
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Even now this ending still leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. The ending is so open to interpretation its agonizing in a way. Was Elen shot too? did she survive or was she killed later. If she did live whats the point in leaving 1 of them alive. Reiji was shot thats for certain but did he actually die? he has received heavier and nastier wounds then one from a silenced gun. Oh well at SM died and if Mio keeps her promise shes going to be waiting for a very long time if Reiji is indeed dead.

Would i support an alternate retelling of yes i would but not right now its too fresh maybe a couple of hour long OVA's but who knows there is are a lot of adaptions waiting to be done.
Old 2009-09-28, 22:14   Link #2358
Vampire
Birth by Moonlight

Send a message via MSN to Vampire
Another retelling series will have to wait for years to come. I mean, give it a break, the game's pretty old now and this would probably be the last thing they'll ever come up with for the game.
As for the ending; debatable and I rather not talk about it. The series was great from start to near finish and if you guys demand a sequel, it'll be a butchered one; something I rather not watch.
If the demand in Japan is great, Saya no Uta will probably be the near future project BeeTrain will pick up; however, imho there will be some changes since the game is a bit too "gory" for TV.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hari Michiru View Post
A common issue that no producer is ever surprised about; but then again it might turn out for the better, since a new series will be optional. Like in science, nothing can be totally "perfect" and improvements should always occur.
Old 2009-09-28, 22:30   Link #2359
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampire View Post
If the demand in Japan is great, Saya no Uta will probably be the near future project BeeTrain will pick up; however, imho there will be some changes since the game is a bit too "gory" for TV.
Tell me about it, I just finished the game and there is no way they will make an anime adaption of this one, an OVA would be an exception, maybe.

I find the main character interesting though, he is not a hero nor an anti-hero, but he is no way similar to Reiji, this guy is way more twisted. He kinda reminds me of Light Yagami.

It kinda disgusted me a bit when he started eating human-flesh as well though, it's like normal food for him after the accident. If the story wasn't so short, I wouldn't be able to finish all the 3 endings.

Here are some images from the game, though I'm not gonna post those "extreme" images, they're kinda disturbing.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Old 2009-09-28, 22:49   Link #2360
UltimaWolf
~Nani...?~

Quote:
Tell me about it, I just finished the game and there is no way they will make an anime adaption of this one, an OVA would be an exception, maybe.

I find the main character interesting though, he is not a hero nor an anti-hero, but he is no way similar to Reiji, this guy is way more twisted. He kinda reminds me of Light Yagami.

It kinda disgusted me a bit when he started eating human-flesh as well though, it's like normal food for him after the accident. If the story wasn't so short, I wouldn't be able to finish all the 3 endings.
Sounds really good, I hope they do make a OVA atleast.

Quote:
Spoiler:
She seems so sad and cute Though it is scary to think how she must really look...

Tags
action, eroge, gunfights, seinen