AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-11-27, 00:50   Link #41
Baru

Send a message via AIM to Baru
I didn't realize Ookami Kakushi was going to have Question and Answer Arcs like Higurashi and Umineko, but I suppose that's Ryukishi's style afterall.

I'd appreciate it if anyone playing could give a list and summary(non-spoiler) of the Arcs.

Also, have any guesses on how the anime will adapt the story?
Baru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-27, 18:27   Link #42
kiby

Well in fact the bib problem is some of the "fake endings"...wich are sometime quite useless^^". Then i agree with the fact that most of them are repetitive......but as I do not have finished it (I made my way till "included in", and it seems like the "answers arcs" are just after it...), I cant tell how good the whole story is.
The story really begins to be cool when we drop hiroshi's point of vew for more interesting characters....
Spoiler for for voices:
kiby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-11, 18:17   Link #43
Skullchukka
Letter from lost days ~

The anime is coming at October.. I believe

http://www.tbs.co.jp/anime/okami/

17th of October, then?

Broadcast Information

• TBSにて2010年1月7日(木)深夜1時59分より放送予定
    TBS at January 7, 2010 (Thu) night will be broadcast from 1:59 minutes
  • サンテレビにて2010年1月19日(火)深夜0時より放送予定
    Santerebi at January 19, 2010 (Tue) will be broadcast from midnight at
  • BS-TBSにて2010年1月30日(土)深夜1時より放送予定
    BS-TBS at January 30, 2010 (Sat) will be broadcast from 01:00 at
Skullchukka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-18, 14:11   Link #44
chounokoe

Send a message via MSN to chounokoe
I think I will actually wait until the anime version airs...I seriously need some candy to lure me into continuing. I never thought that could actually happen with a Ryukishi story, but Ookamikakushi dragged even more than the dragging parts of his other works for me.
Maybe it was the fact that you actually had to pay attention even through the slice of life scenes, compared to many of the club games during Higurashi.

While I liked the setting it reminded me too much of a typical shounen mystery adventure from time to time...the characters didn't really draw me in that much, but well maybe I just stopped short before things really got interesting again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullchukka
The anime is coming at October.. I believe

http://www.tbs.co.jp/anime/okami/

17th of October, then?
No, it's 2010年1月7日 so January 7th.
So we have not even a month left to wait...but well I'm not that excited concerning the broadcast, considering the story didn't draw me in like Higurashi or Umineko did and the designs for the anime are...well...typical Peach Pit gone anime, it kinda lacks anything special for me.
And I don't like AIC as an animation studio that much....they did a nice work with Chevalier d'Eon, but most of their works kinda had that ecchi vibe going on...ah well, nothing to do except waiting.
Old 2010-01-08, 16:16   Link #45
ghost_zero5

Is there any group working on a translation for the game?
If not, it seems that I have to stick with the Anime "only" (and not both).

Btw. now with the first episode out the beginning indeed kinda reminds me on how Higurashi started. Of course, there are differences but still there are some parts that definitely remind me on Higurashi (well it isn't that surprising though ).
ghost_zero5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-11, 17:22   Link #46
Master Anime
Miracle Man
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to Master Anime
After playing this game in a week, Finally i got all ending with help from chounokoe

So is there anyone here besides me and chounokoe who play this game ?
Old 2010-01-12, 01:02   Link #47
Rias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Anime View Post
After playing this game in a week, Finally i got all ending with help from chounokoe

So is there anyone here besides me and chounokoe who play this game ?
Beaten it a while ago. Personally, I think some of the bad endings are pointless or weird. They are just there for the sake of being there and doesn't serve much purpose.
Old 2010-01-12, 13:23   Link #48
ghost_zero5

I guess you two played it in Japanese because otherwise I missed a translation for it..?
Old 2010-01-14, 20:29   Link #49
Master Anime
Miracle Man
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to Master Anime
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_zero5 View Post
I guess you two played it in Japanese because otherwise I missed a translation for it..?
Yes it's still japan version
And as far i know there is no translation project for this game
Old 2010-01-16, 06:58   Link #50
patnam

I wonder whether it is only one story (without question and answer arcs)... Then everything is bored...
patnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-16, 10:08   Link #51
chounokoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by patnam View Post
I wonder whether it is only one story (without question and answer arcs)... Then everything is bored...
Well it's not the same strict question - answer build up as we had in Higurashi, which could stem from the fact that Ookamikakushi does not have that many mysteries to begin with...it was more about the story and the characters.
There are some chapters later on which give some answers to peoples motivations and what exactly happened to them during the time the main character wasn't watching...still there are very few 'Ah now I get it' moments.

I found Ookamikakushi okay so far, but it's of course not Ryukishi's highlight of the year...well no wonder, it was written while they were busy with Umineko (unless he had it hidden in his drawer, just in case).
Have to agree with Rias that some of the bad endings are rather pointless, as they just add very small 'what if' factors to an already existing ending. Sometimes I literally went insane...because I wanted to get 100% but some ending pathes were just so boring if you've been through similar stuff already (hail to the skip function).
Especially the endless variants of 鬼宿りの章 were a real pain in the ass.
Honestly wouldn't it have been enough with one good and one bad end?

EDIT: And am I the only one who's a bit 'startled' by AIC's very own version of events?
Spoiler for spoiler present in anime episode 2:
Old 2010-01-16, 14:29   Link #52
Rias

Quote:
Originally Posted by chounokoe View Post
EDIT: And am I the only one who's a bit 'startled' by AIC's very own version of events?
Spoiler for spoiler present in anime episode 2:
I thought that was okay. Granted, it was early. But it skips all that time when they have to explain the relationship bettwen Sakagi-Mieko-Kaori.

Personally I think they only have time to do 2 arcs.
Spoiler:
Old 2010-01-16, 16:09   Link #53
NingenNoNakuKoroNi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asamidori View Post
For some reason the loli-ness kinda killed the atmosphere for me... /hmm
What else did you expect from Ryukishi and Peach Pit? XD
NingenNoNakuKoroNi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-16, 18:43   Link #54
ghost_zero5

Btw. is this like in Higurashi and Uminekowith a "repeating" story. Well I mean like in Umineko where those two days are repeated a various times with different events in it?

I wonder if the ending will be similiar to Higurashi in some sort. After all the beginning had a few similarities (of course, it is different but some things...).

Btw. who is actually the main char in this. Is it really that boy "Hiro"? I somehow have the feeling that he is indeed important but that he isn't the main character but only used "currently".
Ah one other thing: Is this a "mystery" story which means that for various like fantasy looking things, you would have to try to find a solution that is not fantasy doesn't anything appear that looks like fantasy (though various things already point toward fantasy elements in it, e.g. the "flying" scene in the intro or how that "girl" is using such a big scythe like it - a bit xaggerateed - butter knive, a.s.o.).

How many episodes is the anime supposed to have anyway - 26 like Umineko or more; as Umineko's 26? If so, is the game as contentful as Umineko (without the Chiru arcs)?

Last edited by ghost_zero5; 2010-01-16 at 18:56.
Old 2010-01-16, 21:22   Link #55
chounokoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rias View Post
I thought that was okay. Granted, it was early. But it skips all that time when they have to explain the relationship bettwen Sakagi-Mieko-Kaori.

Personally I think they only have time to do 2 arcs.
Spoiler:
Call me a softy, but I actually liked 復習奔流編 for it's depiction of the relationship between Sakagi and his women, I would have liked to see some scenes from there too. Well they could still be inserted...but if they bring up the death of Mieko now I think they will just develop him over those little sequences (they still have only 12 episodes).

Well yeah more then 2 arcs would be suicide...unless they pull a bad end next episode or at episode 4. Then they could make it 3 FAST arcs.
Spoiler:
Old 2010-01-17, 19:21   Link #56
Srin Tuar
無謀

Has anyone who hasnt played the game version watched the first two episodes?

I liked it, but im afraid its going to start getting wierd like higurashi. (time-looping, resetting etc)

I'll like this show better if they just play through one version.
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-17, 21:54   Link #57
Rias

Quote:
Call me a softy, but I actually liked 復習奔流編 for it's depiction of the relationship between Sakagi and his women, I would have liked to see some scenes from there too. Well they could still be inserted...but if they bring up the death of Mieko now I think they will just develop him over those little sequences (they still have only 12 episodes).

Well yeah more then 2 arcs would be suicide...unless they pull a bad end next episode or at episode 4. Then they could make it 3 FAST arcs.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2010-01-18, 04:21   Link #58
chounokoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rias View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Urgh....watching the anime is giving me a serious headache, when trying to think about fitting the games story into it...
Old 2010-01-18, 09:40   Link #59
Rias

Quote:
Spoiler:

Urgh....watching the anime is giving me a serious headache, when trying to think about fitting the games story into it...

You are right, I did get them mixed up.
Spoiler:
Old 2010-01-21, 15:37   Link #60
chounokoe

I'll post this here, because extensive spoilers aren't that well placed in the anime thread.

Well seems like the anime is trying to combine all the possible events depicted in the VN into one story of maybe at most 2 arcs. To go for one arc is difficult I think, because some characters aren't even introduced yet...but who knows, they are doing some creative re-writing

Spoiler:

And because I know that I can't post it in the anime thread right now, I'll start posting my translation of the Actipedia articles here.
So everyone who can't read the game, but wants to know what background information about characters might have been left out can read it here.
It's still not finished though, but I'm about halfway through and can post the first third here now.
And I hope you can excuse some awkward English here and there.

OF COURSE there spoilers in there, so if you don't want the mystery of Ôkamikakushi ruined for you, don't read anything in the spoiler brackets.
And of course the more brackets you open the worse spoilers you might find, but once the anime is finished I thought this could become a nice additional information.

THE KUZUMI HOUSEHOLD
Spoiler:

THE KUSHINADA HOUSEHOLD

Spoiler:

THE TSUMUHANA HOUSEHOLD
Spoiler:

OTHER CHARACTERS

Spoiler:

Last edited by chounokoe; 2010-01-24 at 19:34.
chounokoe is offline   Reply With Quote