AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-12-13, 01:02   Link #721
Fishcaek-Chan
Victory is taken!

Send a message via Yahoo to Fishcaek-Chan
The complication of Battler's existance could very well have something to do with the rest of the island, but having to do with Beatrice? Unlikely.

Old 2009-12-13, 01:37   Link #722
ChibiBear
Aim's Stalker ^_~

Send a message via MSN to ChibiBear
I swear I read somewhere that it did... I need to get my eyes checked
Old 2009-12-13, 05:12   Link #723
Dlanor A. Knox
Crazy but OK xP

Beatrice said in read that the sin had nothing to do with her...
I've wrote in the [anime] episode 24 thread about the swap i think happend, but at birth not 6 years ago....

Spoiler for swap:
Old 2009-12-13, 06:52   Link #724
Joneleth
Blue Wizard

Send a message via MSN to Joneleth
I'm still going for

Spoiler for theory:
Old 2009-12-13, 07:01   Link #725
Dlanor A. Knox
Crazy but OK xP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiBear View Post
But the sin had something so do with Beatrice right? And his sin is what is causing the events on the island?

the sin of Battler had nothing to do with Beato, she said that in red already + Beato already died (Rosa flashback thingy) before Battler was born.
Old 2009-12-13, 13:16   Link #726
KanonTheFurniture
Witch's Golden Breaker

I'm kinda surprised that I've never heard any VN players ever refer back to the beginning of EP3, when the kids are all hanging out on the beach together. The Anime (understandably in this case, would be hard to adapt well) removed some of the nuances of that scene, but it really strongly indicates how little about six years prior Battler actually remembers. I couldn't find any clips on YouTube of this scene, so I recorded my own - beware sucky quality and lack of audio, but it's the dialogue that really matters here: Six Years Ago

When I first began EP3 and got to this scene, I could tell it was a little suspicious and found some of what was said strange, but having gone back and read it again now with knowledge of EP4 and Battler's sin, it strikes a lot closer to home. I recommend Anime-only viewers check it out, because I think it provides some strong hints as to Battler's sin. I can think of at least 3 or 4 different potential theories in this scene alone.
Old 2009-12-13, 13:36   Link #727
Skullchukka
Letter from lost days ~

When asked if Shannon remembers anything more embarassing about Battler, she says " I remember various other things, but...... since it looks like the person in question wants to forget them, I think I will refrain from saying any more..."

Since they kept that scene on the anime as well, maybe we can think it has a link to some important event? Maybe even the sin...
Old 2009-12-13, 13:43   Link #728
Fishcaek-Chan
Victory is taken!

Send a message via Yahoo to Fishcaek-Chan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullchukka View Post
When asked if Shannon remembers anything more embarassing about Battler, she says " I remember various other things, but...... since it looks like the person in question wants to forget them, I think I will refrain from saying any more..."

Since they kept that scene on the anime as well, maybe we can think it has a link to some important event? Maybe even the sin...
That's right! I think most of us forgot about Battler's horrid memory!! If he couldn't remember anything from ther six years since they last visited, that's the key isn't it?? O Battler-kun, Gambare!!;;

Old 2009-12-13, 17:11   Link #729
June 1983

Yeah, I think that line from Shannon is definitely a big clue.

I remember that the VN players being very interested in whether that scene would be included when the beginning of EP3 was animated, and intrigued when we saw what parts of it had been kept.
Old 2009-12-13, 18:03   Link #730
Workworkwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by June 1983 View Post

I remember that the VN players being very interested in whether that scene would be included when the beginning of EP3 was animated, and intrigued when we saw what parts of it had been kept.
Of course, it's good to keep in mind that just because the anime didn't have it, doesn't mean it isn't important. Just not necessary for a casual viewer.
Old 2009-12-13, 18:57   Link #731
Kakera of Fate
Great Equalizer

Send a message via MSN to Kakera of Fate
Does anybody have a complete list of reccuring events from chapter 1 to 4?
If possible in chronological order. Feel free to specify in which chapters that event happened, i.e: if it happens in only 2 chapters but it's the exact same event, that counts as reccuring as much as if it happened in all four chapters in my book. I don't want to miss any lead.
Spoiler for example:
Old 2009-12-13, 22:08   Link #732
Marion
The Great Dine

After EP 1 when the rose is mentioned in the next episodes it's just briefly skimmed over. Like a panel or two saying "Maria found a dying rose, but George put a marking on it"
Old 2009-12-13, 22:35   Link #733
KanonTheFurniture
Witch's Golden Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by June 1983 View Post

Battler promised her that he'd come back for her (white horse not entirely necessary), but then he was absent for 6 years. It could be that Shannon took that seriously for one reason or another, be it romantic or otherwise, and had that promise betrayed when he didn't come back ("see you again"). It's possible that the reason she stops sharing her Battler memories isn't because she's trying to refrain from embarrassing an important guest, but because Battler 'not wanting to remember those days' upset her. Jessica also seems to point out in particular that Shannon has a surprisingly good memory, which seems significant, as does the fact that Battler can't seem to remember anything - he makes it sound like he was too young and too much time has passed, but he and Jessica are the same age, and even she remembers more than he does.
Old 2009-12-13, 23:07   Link #734
ChibiBear
Aim's Stalker ^_~

Send a message via MSN to ChibiBear
Hmm, too bad Shannon died or Battler could ask her about his sin.
Old 2009-12-13, 23:21   Link #735
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiBear View Post
Hmm, too bad Shannon died or Battler could ask her about his sin.
Um there's nothing saying that Battler's 'promise' to Shannon is the sin - it's just a theory.
Old 2009-12-14, 00:08   Link #736
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Just a question I feel like asking since I read complaints about it so much.

Who is Goat-kun and what significance does he have exactly?

I realize he's one of the goatmen but what makes him so special?
Old 2009-12-14, 00:24   Link #737
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
Just a question I feel like asking since I read complaints about it so much.

Who is Goat-kun and what significance does he have exactly?

I realize he's one of the goatmen but what makes him so special?
He's the goat who's was supposed to get his ass handed to him by Krauss, which is saying much because Krauss was pretty much a wussy the entire story. It was supposed to be his one and only moment of awesome and it was... well you knpw what happened.
Old 2009-12-14, 00:43   Link #738
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
He's the goat who's was supposed to get his ass handed to him by Krauss, which is saying much because Krauss was pretty much a wussy the entire story. It was supposed to be his one and only moment of awesome and it was... well you knpw what happened.
Wow, honestly that sounds hardly like something to fuss over. I was expecting a role of much greater importance.

Just another mindless servant to kill or be killed.
Old 2009-12-14, 00:55   Link #739
Tjfarmer
I'm almost there!

Send a message via AIM to Tjfarmer
Well, this goat had a family, and was going to propose to someone (or was he married?) And his telling about his life tripped loser flags, making this boing sound that pissed Virgillia off, and increasing Krauss's power level high enough so he could kill the goat in one punch.

It was just a small comedy scene that I totally forgot existed, probably because I was reading that scene at 5 in the morning.
Old 2009-12-14, 01:29   Link #740
ijriims

Is there a scene in the anime that Rosa was shown to have some child-sedative with her? if so. Please tell me which episode as well.
Closed Thread

Tags
q&a