AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-04-09, 19:00   Link #9641
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
^
But old people angry sex? Quiet as a grave...
Remember when I said that Index is the daughter of Laura and Aleister...?

But true, my mental image of Bodewig and Crowley getting together is always something fluffy-family-moments or emo-because-my-daughters-gone. Angry sex? Maybe when they were younger.
Old 2011-04-09, 19:53   Link #9642
Hono

Mmmm, I've been wondering something about Mental Out and this is probably the best place to ask... Where does some of the information about her on the wiki come from?

The only time that I definitely know she was referenced was in volume 16. All we really got out of it was a list of what her ability can do, that she's the type of person that Mikoto can't get along with, that she isn't someone that Mikoto trusts very much and that she's the leader of the largest sect in Tokiwadai.

So where does the thing about her only talking to people through her followers come from? When she was thinking about asking her for help, Mikoto doesn't seem too worried about not being able to find her. Although that could either be because she already knows how to contact Mental Out through her followers or because she discarded the idea so quickly that the thought never crossed her mind.

Even her nickname being the Queen of Tokiwadai. Is that a title she officially has in universe or is it just something that that the fans made up and it stuck? The "she's the queen of ojous" line in volume 16 was more like a description about her than an actual title or nickname that she had.

Was she mentioned in, I dunno, volume 19 or some other volume? If she was, it might be a good idea to cite it or something since right now it looks like it came out of nowhere.
Old 2011-04-09, 21:45   Link #9643
Excorsism

Now that Accelerator seems to be on neutral terms with Touma, I wonder if he'll be able to meet with the other characters. Seems like everything before this meeting, every hero was in their own separate story within the same story. Another Mikoto and Accelerator meeting is long overdue imo.
Old 2011-04-09, 21:52   Link #9644
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Remember when I said that Index is the daughter of Laura and Aleister...?

But true, my mental image of Bodewig and Crowley getting together is always something fluffy-family-moments or emo-because-my-daughters-gone. Angry sex? Maybe when they were younger.
...I don't know if it was intentional, but just in case it isn't- You got the wrong Laura.
Old 2011-04-09, 21:59   Link #9645
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excorsism View Post
Now that Accelerator seems to be on neutral terms with Touma, I wonder if he'll be able to meet with the other characters. Seems like everything before this meeting, every hero was in their own separate story within the same story. Another Mikoto and Accelerator meeting is long overdue imo.
Mikoto and Mugino meeting again wouldn't be dull either.
Old 2011-04-09, 22:13   Link #9646
Karna
just some guy

Oh shit. Volume 17 has been epic so far. Touma taking out the terrorists was pretty awesome. I wonder who the the person talking to Touma at the end of part 19 is...
Old 2011-04-09, 22:29   Link #9647
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Greed~ View Post
Oh shit. Volume 17 has been epic so far. Touma taking out the terrorists was pretty awesome. I wonder who the the person talking to Touma at the end of part 19 is...
I've got a pretty good idea; there's only one person that would repeating call him an amateur.

Next time! The Conclusion to the one off series, Kamijou Touma: Sky Marshal.
Old 2011-04-09, 22:34   Link #9648
Phibrizzo
Honos628

Yeah and see a flight attendant kick his ass was to epic to pass.
Old 2011-04-09, 23:22   Link #9649
Karna
just some guy

Quote:
I've got a pretty good idea; there's only one person that would repeating call him an amateur.

Next time! The Conclusion to the one off series, Kamijou Touma: Sky Marshal.
Lol, didn't see the amateur part. Seems it was Styil. I figured it was either him or Tsuchimikado.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phibrizzo View Post
Yeah and see a flight attendant kick his ass was to epic to pass.
She got him by surprise Xelloss. He also had absolutely no intention of fighting back. He kicked the asses of two terrorists later on, so I'd say your really underestimating him.
Old 2011-04-09, 23:36   Link #9650
Phibrizzo
Honos628

Sadly I don't see Touma with rose colored glasses, what he did on the plane was stupid and reckless, they didn't know how many terrorist where on, or if they had any weapons.
Old 2011-04-10, 00:11   Link #9651
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
...I don't know if it was intentional, but just in case it isn't- You got the wrong Laura.
PFFFFFFFFFFFT sorry my marriage to Laura-sama got my tongue there.

But StuartCrowley still stands.
Old 2011-04-10, 00:12   Link #9652
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hono View Post
Mmmm, I've been wondering something about Mental Out and this is probably the best place to ask... Where does some of the information about her on the wiki come from?

The only time that I definitely know she was referenced was in volume 16. All we really got out of it was a list of what her ability can do, that she's the type of person that Mikoto can't get along with, that she isn't someone that Mikoto trusts very much and that she's the leader of the largest sect in Tokiwadai.

So where does the thing about her only talking to people through her followers come from? When she was thinking about asking her for help, Mikoto doesn't seem too worried about not being able to find her. Although that could either be because she already knows how to contact Mental Out through her followers or because she discarded the idea so quickly that the thought never crossed her mind.

Even her nickname being the Queen of Tokiwadai. Is that a title she officially has in universe or is it just something that that the fans made up and it stuck? The "she's the queen of ojous" line in volume 16 was more like a description about her than an actual title or nickname that she had.

Was she mentioned in, I dunno, volume 19 or some other volume? If she was, it might be a good idea to cite it or something since right now it looks like it came out of nowhere.
I think her powers were mentioned in volume 16. But for the Queen of tokiwadai may be a fan thing but it's not that different from queen of the ojous.
Old 2011-04-10, 00:53   Link #9653
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
I think her powers were mentioned in volume 16. But for the Queen of tokiwadai may be a fan thing but it's not that different from queen of the ojous.
"Queen of the Ojous"?
Old 2011-04-10, 01:18   Link #9654
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hono View Post

I at least can't find anything to do with 'not talking to people except with telepathy through followers' bit... though Mental Out is called the 'Queen of Tokiwadai', like Mikoto is called 'Ace of Tokiwadai'.
Old 2011-04-10, 02:52   Link #9655
cubicjack
Kino fanboy

The only thing I remember about Mental Out's "queen" status is that she's being called the queen of the largest faction in Tokiwadai. I don't think she was actually called the "queen of ojous" or "queen of Tokiwadai".

Although I guess if she's the queen of the largest faction in Tokiwadai and Tokiwadai is a school for ojous, then calling her the "queen of Tokiwadai" or the "queen of ojous" would make sense.
Old 2011-04-10, 03:03   Link #9656
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Given her power and the fact that we don't know anything about her personality other than that it clashes with Misaka's (which admittedly isn't difficult), how likely do you guys think the possibility is that Mental Out is actively using her Esper ability to gather supporters for something?
Old 2011-04-10, 05:28   Link #9657
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Greed~ View Post
She got him by surprise Xelloss. He also had absolutely no intention of fighting back. He kicked the asses of two terrorists later on, so I'd say your really underestimating him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phibrizzo View Post
Sadly I don't see Touma with rose colored glasses, what he did on the plane was stupid and reckless, they didn't know how many terrorist where on, or if they had any weapons.
Funny, you're not exactly being completely objective either.

Reckless? Yes, but the whole point was to show that Touma wasn't behaving like his normal self. Secondly, he did let the Captain do things his way first remember? That didn't turn out so well. Everything aside it is impressive that he could foil a terrorist plot himself.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2011-04-10 at 10:30.
Old 2011-04-10, 07:00   Link #9658
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
In Tokiwadai Middle School, besides Mikoto, there’s another person who’s also a Level 5. In terms of mental control, she’s at the top of Academy City—in other words, she’s the strongest ever in regards of her ‘mental control’Mental Out. Reading other people’s memories, changing other people’s personalities, carrying out conversations with people far away, destroying memories and willpower, revealing feelings and transplanting them… No matter what kind of mental phenomenon it is, she can control them all. Like a Swiss knife, she’s a multi-functional esperLevel 5.
“But I’m not used to dealing with her…”
She subconsciously says out loud.
This means that Mikoto doesn’t really want to deal with ‘that’ esper.
Unlike Mikoto, whom is unaffiliated to any sect, she’s the queen of ojous, the leader of the largest sect in Tokiwadai Middle School. From this, it’s obvious that both of them are incompatible. If Mikoto’s to seek her to talk, it’ll end up with Mikoto being in her ‘debt’… In the worst case scenario, she could do some unnecessary things to that idiot during the therapy. Accurately saying, the trust placed with her isn’t so great that Mikoto’s willing to place her friend into that person’s hands.
Does this help?
Old 2011-04-10, 07:48   Link #9659
UNDER_LINE

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
Does this help?
The thing is, the original text didn't say "queen of ojous". It just said that she's the queen of the largest faction in Tokiwadai. So I'm thinking the "queen of ojous" line may be just the translator's own (or the fans') interpretation of things.
Old 2011-04-10, 08:16   Link #9660
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNDER_LINE View Post
The thing is, the original text didn't say "queen of ojous". It just said that she's the queen of the largest faction in Tokiwadai. So I'm thinking the "queen of ojous" line may be just the translator's own (or the fans') interpretation of things.
Technically, it is a fandom interpretation (I'm sorry, that was me), but Tokiwadai's basically a school of princesses. It's been noted many times in the series, most notably the beginning of volume 8.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen