AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-07-22, 12:57   Link #221
JoieKawaiiDesu
Konata

^oooooh... haha
thanks for the correction =]=]
I TOTALLY AGREE THAT THERE SHOULD BE A BOOK FOUR!!
JoieKawaiiDesu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-22, 20:20   Link #222
cat746

Send a message via ICQ to cat746 Send a message via MSN to cat746
I just Love how this series ends, i mean if they did wrap everything up then they wouldn't have anything to do for the movies and would have to make up a different plot, as it is they have hinted about trying to find Zuko's mother, and left other unanswered questions here and there

As for the the Air Nomads, i believe that the bending powers are genetic, but i think that the same thing would apply to bending as applies with typical people getting certain physical attributes from their ancestors, you get the occasional people that have like their great grandparents hair/eye colour but noone else in the family has that hair colour, its just a dormant gene that can be triggered by the other parent having the same dormant gene or just triggers randomly. i think that even if a person's great great great grandparent had air abilities it is still possible for that child to get them, though their other parent may still need to have some form of air bending in their own ancestry as well.
i think it likely that there are air benders around, but there families are protecting them or they are living in seclusion because they knew if they were found the fire nation would likely kill them, but i think that it would be a case of before the war, children would have been screened at a certain age for any type of bending if they hadn't already shown talent by accidentally finding they were able to do certain things, and during the 100 year war they've kept it hidden and virtually not shown anyone out of fear, even now it may take them a while to show the air bending abilities because they are so used to hiding it, but i believe there are other air benders out there they just haven't had any training whatsoever and Aang will have a big job on his hands, that's if what i am theorising is correct, but it would make matters a lot simpler if that was the case.

i think that it would be extremely difficult for Aang to give people air bending abilities, unless there was maybe a dormant gene, or possible talent, because it's extremely difficult to make something out of nothing, but a lot easier to remove something that is already there, like with taking Ozai's abilities away
Spoiler for Sozin's Comet part 4, Ultimate Avatar Technique:
cat746 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-22, 23:04   Link #223
ellifeedn
Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animecentred View Post
(personally i would have liked him to drag down the comet and destroy the fire nation, but we cant have anything.
Interesting idea. But I think that it would be better if Aang were to destroy the comet itself, which would prevent something like this from happening again.
Quote:
Lol, also arn't they doing a couple of made for TV movies aswell, hopefully they will explain and deal with zukos mum, the air nomads, Koh, Toph's Parents, Space sword and Most important of all Hawky
I can't believe you remembered Hawky. I'm pretty sure he died since he was a one-shot character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax View Post
Azula's descent into madness was well done, even funny at times (banish everyone!), I even felt sorry for her at the end. She's probably locked up and in straight jacket now.
I imagine her either in a Hannibal Lector style cell complete with mouth guard and restraints or unconsciencely floating in a water tank with breathing apparatus (I don't remember what movie or show I saw this in).
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-22, 23:15   Link #224
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
Interesting idea. But I think that it would be better if Aang were to destroy the comet itself, which would prevent something like this from happening again.
LOL, that was my theory all along. Specifically, since the coment was not "natural" (for the planet at least), Aang would decide to destroy the coment, effectively eliminating the threat of the genocidal fire nation advance. But, that conclusion was not as fun or as interesting as the route that was shown.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-23, 00:47   Link #225
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

god i soo wanna watch thisss!!!!!!!!!!!!
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-23, 07:45   Link #226
Animecentred

Lmao, everyone should remember hawky. He was a brilliant addition to the Gaang.

Lol, but i had a weird thought the other day. As the Avatar isn't really a paying position, how do the Avatars get houses, food, clothes. The only solution i can think of is that they scam people like Toph did for cash. Or perhaps they used to get a wage from the four nations, sort of like a protection racket
Old 2008-07-23, 12:14   Link #227
james0246

...Well, they do have temples dedicated to previous incarnations, so I imagine that the "Church of the Avatar" could pay for their expenses.

That being said, maybe they just get regular jobs .
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-23, 14:10   Link #228
JoieKawaiiDesu
Konata

Hahahahahaaha!! I loved it when Azula went mad! That was soo funny!
Old 2008-07-24, 06:28   Link #229
Blaat

I saw the first episode last night, it wasn't bad but I don't think it was good either. The voice acting and the brother really annoys me, still I'm going to give the entire first season a chance.
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-25, 00:23   Link #230
Icehellion

Send a message via AIM to Icehellion
^ my opinion, it doesn't really pick up, till toph and azula join the picture.

Sokka (the brother) is the PIMP !!!!! (Ty lee, Yue, Suki, AND Toph)

Mr. Enzo:

http://www.myspace.com/thetrackteammusicandsound

samples of bgm from the finale (includes: azula vs zuko)

Last edited by Icehellion; 2008-07-25 at 00:42. Reason: typos
Icehellion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-25, 00:25   Link #231
nines
I much prefer the 2d

Lol sad that the series ended but the fights where wicked awsome, favorite part was when he took one rock and shot like 1000 bullets from it xD
Old 2008-07-25, 03:12   Link #232
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icehellion View Post

Sokka (the brother) is the PIMP !!!!! (Ty lee, Yue, Suki, AND Toph)

Mr. Enzo:

http://www.myspace.com/thetrackteammusicandsound

samples of bgm from the finale (includes: azula vs zuko)
Thanks for the link. Really, this is major motion-picture quality BGM - and in addition to always fitting perfectly, it's remarkably subtle by the standards of the genre. That finale was a class operation all the way.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-25, 08:32   Link #233
JoieKawaiiDesu
Konata

In the first couple episodes, I sort of hated Sokka. He was really annoying... He was always like girls can't fight, but only boys can.
Old 2008-07-25, 14:09   Link #234
einhorn303

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icehellion View Post
Yeah, I started watching with the second season. Just like I did with Nanoha A's, start with the better 2nd season, and then when you go back to S1 you can dismiss some of the inadequaccies by saying "Well they did improve on that later..."

Now, I need to go watch all 20 episodes of S1.
einhorn303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-25, 18:44   Link #235
Icehellion

Send a message via AIM to Icehellion
http://www.usatoday.com/life/televis...ns-charts.html

Go to Cable Top 15

a lot more popular than i thought
Icehellion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-25, 22:16   Link #236
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

6 Million for the finale...
Old 2008-07-25, 22:31   Link #237
TheInfinityZERO
Mugen //Zero

I enjoyed this series. Really well done.

The ending was just awesome. I also felt that it hints for a side story with Zuko finding his mother and hope at least for something like that.

I liked that theory of Aang pulling down the comet and destroying the fire nation - that was pretty funny.

Spoiler for For those who haven't gotten to this point:

I've thought about this for a while, the only element at a real disadvantage would have to be Earth. Fire bending doesn't even require any fire around, water can be pulled from almost anything, and air is well, air. At this point, I stopped thinking because I started comparing Element bending with the Element jutsu users from Naruto.

Great ending!
TheInfinityZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-26, 02:52   Link #238
The Real Nemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheInfinityZERO View Post
Spoiler for For those who haven't gotten to this point:
Spoiler:
The Real Nemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-27, 00:33   Link #239
Monkey D. Luffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real Nemo View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for Moon:

I was checking out an Avatar forum yesterday and there was this massive uproar since yesterday was the San Diego Comic Con, and there was this rumor that someone at the panel had texted someone saying there would be a Book 4: Air. Which turned out to be fake, but Mike and Bryan the creators of the show decided to play a prank and poke fun at all the fans and especially the ZukoxKatara fans out there. Here's the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLI1AvPjUeQ

Needless to say, there was this giant backlash of people mostly ZukoxKatara hopefuls calling Mike and Bryan cruel and a whole lot of profane, over the top comments. XD
Monkey D. Luffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-27, 00:52   Link #240
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

And that's not even accounting for the Zukaang crowd...