AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-06-23, 11:23   Link #1421
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Rick View Post
Simple answer, real heroes don't kill.
Real heroes are meant to save lifes.
That isn't true of a definition of a hero. A hero is one who does great things selflessly for the benefit of those around him (saving lives, intervening in criminal acts, etc). There are also times when a hero would need to make a hard decision of what is the right thing to do. Heroes throughout history, both real and imaginary, have had blood on their hands because it was what they had to do: the heroes of wars who took out enemy forces to save his comrades, the heroes of law enforcement who had to pull the trigger in order to save the hostages, the heroes of lore who slain the creatures who threatened the safety of the world. Does this make them any less of a 'real' hero? The lives of whom they saved, present and future, don't think so.
Old 2009-06-23, 11:56   Link #1422
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Let's not get into a 'what defines a hero' debate. What defines a hero is different for each person after all.
Old 2009-06-23, 21:37   Link #1423
xiaoamy
Magical Fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Let's not get into a 'what defines a hero' debate. What defines a hero is different for each person after all.
Ok Ok I get it now..
Old 2009-06-23, 22:10   Link #1424
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicoX View Post
She can switch between making her magic lethal or non-lethal, as most mages can in Nanoverse.
Also, the... uhmmm... what was the name? ...Limits of magic (I think) afects to make sure that the young cadets will not kill anyone by accident (foe or frind in case of friendly fire).
Old 2009-06-24, 03:16   Link #1425
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Hum, as far as I can remember there is two limiters, one for their devices and one for the Aces. So yeah, it's there in StrikerS for the forwards because they can't handle their devices yet. At least, that's in the beginning. I don't remember what they do later with it.

Old 2009-06-24, 05:40   Link #1426
xiaoamy
Magical Fan!

What if Jail created a number to lead the rest of the numbers would it change the course of the war, I hear that one of the main problems that he had was that he spread his little army too thin, and is poorly planned out.
Old 2009-06-24, 06:38   Link #1427
Jimmy C

There was one. Quattro.
Old 2009-06-24, 06:45   Link #1428
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

And Uno. Tre was also somewhat of a leader, but more a squad leader.
Old 2009-06-24, 12:00   Link #1429
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by xiaoamy View Post
What if Jail created a number to lead the rest of the numbers would it change the course of the war, I hear that one of the main problems that he had was that he spread his little army too thin, and is poorly planned out.
The leader was Jail, the criminal master mind leading his heanchmen (or heancbots?) to care with his twisted plans... well, that's what the magazine in my hands says... >_>;

@Keroko: I think that Uno was more the right hand of Jail and not a head of the Numbers because she never fights or leads personally the other numbers to battle, Quattro looked more like a "leader" but no so.
Old 2009-06-24, 15:44   Link #1430
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Rick View Post
@Keroko: I think that Uno was more the right hand of Jail and not a head of the Numbers because she never fights or leads personally the other numbers to battle, Quattro looked more like a "leader" but no so.
Well, as the guy in the white suit whose name eludes me says, "Scaglietti's other brain; the leader of the twelve combat cyborgs, Number 1, Uno."
Old 2009-06-25, 02:02   Link #1431
Once and Current Subber

Uno's not a good leader for the other Numbers, though. She's great for keeping them coordinated, but she has absolutely none of the martial traits that the others valued. She can't lead from the front (has no business anywhere near there, frankly), can't inspire them, can't even really be "one of them". She's a permanent staff puke - valuable, but not in charge.

Quattro wasn't so much a leader as a surrogate Jail - she's really the only one who shares his value system (such as it is). Tre believes they're doing the right thing, but not necessarily that anything that Jail tells her to do is the right thing. Quattro is just twisted the same way that Jail is. This means he can trust her with, say, command of the Cradle, but in his absence, it's unlikely Quattro could hold the other Numbers together.

Not really anything Jail could have done about it, though. A Number with the drive and initiative to be a good leader, and the combat capability to make the other Numbers respect her and follow her lead, would have been a direct threat to Jail's leadership. Quattro had the initiative but not the abilities that could bring the others in line (nor could she have gotten through Tre, who didn't have the initiative but is the nastiest bruiser out of the pack). Cinque was probably the next best "leader" personality, but she wasn't in the small group of "reliables" (and there's a story there, because she's the oldest one that wasn't.)
Old 2009-06-25, 02:06   Link #1432
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

It's probably more that Cinque was incapacitated during the battle.
Old 2009-06-25, 02:28   Link #1433
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

To me the leaders on the field were Tre and Cinque, Quatto was working along but she's more or less a solo agent.
Old 2009-06-25, 18:48   Link #1434
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatar_notADV View Post
Quattro wasn't so much a leader as a surrogate Jail - she's really the only one who shares his value system (such as it is). Tre believes they're doing the right thing, but not necessarily that anything that Jail tells her to do is the right thing. Quattro is just twisted the same way that Jail is. This means he can trust her with, say, command of the Cradle, but in his absence, it's unlikely Quattro could hold the other Numbers together.
Personally, I found Quattro even more twisted than Jail. Where Jail is infected with "infinite ambition" (whatever that means) and is willing to do pretty much anything to accomplish his (often insane) goals, Quattro actually enjoys hurting people as an end in and of itself (heck, she even out and out says so).
Old 2009-06-25, 18:58   Link #1435
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
Personally, I found Quattro even more twisted than Jail. Where Jail is infected with "infinite ambition" (whatever that means) and is willing to do pretty much anything to accomplish his (often insane) goals, Quattro actually enjoys hurting people as an end in and of itself (heck, she even out and out says so).
And look what it got her. :V
Old 2009-06-25, 22:28   Link #1436
xiaoamy
Magical Fan!

Is Quattro really near sided?
she could still see the screen clearly, or its just some dumb thing that Jail wanted her to wear, computer geek.
Well in the omake she is near sided and cannot see when she took off her classes

Last edited by xiaoamy; 2009-06-26 at 00:29.
Old 2009-06-25, 22:51   Link #1437
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
I find Quattro far a better villan than Jail, she really surprised many when she took of her glasses and showed how beautifull she was, obviously a distraction across the season, after all who was gonna suspect of the cute girl with big glasses and pointails hair to be a really evil woman leaded by an insane "love" with Jail, because her motivation was, without doubt, being in love with Jail.

Also, she reminds me Harley Quinn, they'r almost identical in personallity.
Old 2009-06-26, 22:52   Link #1438
xiaoamy
Magical Fan!

Is Quattro even near sided?
Old 2009-06-27, 00:29   Link #1439
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Being a Cyborg with enhanced vision, I doubt Quattro is near-sighted. The glasses are probably just for show.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2009-06-27, 00:30   Link #1440
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Being a Cyborg with enhanced vision, I doubt Quattro is near-sighted. The glasses are probably just for show.
Let me quote myself.

Quote:
after all who was gonna suspect of the cute girl with big glasses and pointails hair to be a really evil woman leaded by an insane "love" with Jail