AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-08-09, 09:14   Link #21
Yuun
~Trying to Enjoy Life~

Send a message via MSN to Yuun
hmm... sigh~ Come to think about it. Ichigo 100% is just a normal typical title like I's, DNA^2, and etc. Too bad is nothing near Kiminozo.... ~_~"

Mah~ At least is still interesting to look into. Btw, the hero Manaka is just a very common type of character where you find it anywhere. So Manaka is just plain boring, no coment.

Tsukasa is ok... Toujo needs to change abit... too shy isn't good ^_^ the other girl is just too cheerful...^_^"

Mah~ better resume reading....
Old 2004-08-09, 12:20   Link #22
polarbear

Quote:
But, see, if he were decisive, they couldn't keep the story going for so long! Seriously, though, if I were in his place, I don't know who I'd choose either! You make it sounds so easy!
True if he was decisive this manga would have ended on volume 1 or 2 ^^;
Toujo is too shy, satsuki is totally the opposite. i like nishino since shes kinda in the middle (not too shy but not too aggressive =p)
Old 2004-08-15, 05:52   Link #23
Ambience Blue
Fate/Stay Delight

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidoriShinobi
Spoiler:
I'll never forgive the mangaka if they do! For some reason, I liked all the girls equally until
Spoiler:
Now, for some reason, my heart goes out to her. Tho I do like Satsuki a lot. Curse this series! The girls are all too cute T.T...
Old 2004-08-15, 23:58   Link #24
chamelean75

http://manganews.net/ go here and look up ichigo 100%
Old 2004-08-18, 06:24   Link #25
pyu
Crouchety Old Man

Send a message via MSN to pyu
I wonder how long can the mangaka drag this out. And for those in the know, it looks like more girls will be entering the fray.

Poor Manaka. Some of the more elemental guys out there might be yelling at him for not taking advantage of his situation (I think I lost count of how many compromising situations he has already found himself in).

Perhaps the mangaka should add in some non-romance elements to develop Manaka's own personality and character instead of continuing the current mess. The poor guy really doesn't know what he wants in the first place...
Old 2004-08-18, 20:33   Link #26
jayrocs

agreed.

Ultimately i hope this series doesn't follow the footsteps of I"s
Don't get me wrong I"s is one of my favorite mangas if not favorite however
reading volume after volume of some poor tortured soul never really being happy
just battling through obstacles every chapter really gets tiring. I seriously wanted a chapter or two of him just being happy and having a good time with the girl he loves. If Ichigo 100% just ends abruptly like I"s did (the ending seemed rushed. 15 volumes and they rush the ending.. how awkward) Ill seriously hate the mangaka for the rest of my life and write his name in my death note =)
Old 2004-08-19, 00:32   Link #27
pyu
Crouchety Old Man

A tad off-topic, personally for me, in I"S, I felt there wasn't any mess. Iori was always THE girl in Ichitaka's heart. The others provided some distraction and made things murkier for the Iori-Ichitaka dynamic, but in the end, his heart was always with her.

The ending for I"S was trite though. I mean, they even had an alternate ending.

As for Ichigo 100%, things are in a right mess now.
Old 2004-08-19, 01:30   Link #28
Ambience Blue
Fate/Stay Delight

Hmmm... Perhaps it's b/c I'm only up to Volume 7, but I feel that the whole love triangle (or square?? ) tension is what makes the series what it is. Here's a poor dweeb who ultimatley is unable to choose a girl in life. Its seems like the majority of the humor thus comes from the various sticky situations he finds himself in. I agree that I'd like to see the series end and let Manaka make up his mind, but as polarbear says, it would have easily ended then by vol 1-2. Pyu has a good idea. Perhaps Manaka could take a vacation away from Tokyo and forget about the girls back home (but knowing the mangaka, he'd prolly pick up yet another chick on his excursion and screw up the plot some more )
Old 2004-08-19, 02:24   Link #29
jayrocs

Pyu; see the thing i DID like about I"s is that with all the commotion and other girls in the way He still only liked one girl. The entire time the mangaka really forces you to only LOVE one girl. So i was happy they ended up together but i felt that they never really were really really happy. and thats what i wanted. Cuz even when they did get together she got famous and what happens? they cant see eachother. Even the end is a little messed up she chose to do the show instead of to go see him in the hospital?! WHAT ?!! just to appear on the last page. I need more than that, and i am very aware that my needs aren't shared by everyone and my needs shouldn't matter but oh well.

now with Ichigo 100%. The mangaka has given us one on one time with every girl almost equally. It's hard to chose a favorite but i'm sure everyone has one. This is a mess because now that the reader has had time to fall in love with each girl thinking of an end makes it difficult. Because if he ends up with Nishino I'll feel really bad for Satsuki and Toujo. And vice versa. Although my favorite IS Nishino He probably will end up with Toujo (i hope not) just because that's the way most romantic triangle (squares) end up.

So even though my rambling seems to just run on and on my main point is even though the storyline in I"s was beautiful the reader always knew how the story would conclude. And as a reader i expected a sweeter ending I think he deserved one because of all the struggles and BS. For two people who shared such mutual love for eachother they never really showed it to us. As for Ichigo 100% The story is a mess yes but the mangaka isn't realll revealing a conclusion each girl has an almost fair shot. And i prefer it this way it's not always fun to know the end before it happens.

Go Nishino -_-
Old 2004-08-19, 03:24   Link #30
arias

Heh. I've read up to Chapter 118 (chinese translated).

Someone gets struck out completely.
Old 2004-08-19, 03:43   Link #31
jayrocs

haha i hope it's his little sister one i forgot her name -_-.

or if its not (dare i say it) please be satsuki ><. as long as it's not nishino or you'll break my heart. seriously. break my heart i will die.
Old 2004-08-19, 19:06   Link #32
pyu
Crouchety Old Man

Well, its getting pretty confusing up to Chapter 119. There is a new girl - not too sure of her romanji name, is it Kozue? - who is well, rather "strange". She gets all weird when Manaka is around...

Spoiler:
Old 2004-08-20, 02:59   Link #33
jayrocs

is Amachi the other Guy friend he had. the good looking one that all the girls like and he liked Nishino? back in the day when they used to study in the morning? Cuz i cant really think of any other people.

Your post really eased my worries though I <3 nishino.
Old 2004-08-20, 03:28   Link #34
Ambience Blue
Fate/Stay Delight

Ergh! Must... resist... temptation to read spoilers! I'm rootin for Tsukasa, tho I have a feeling Toujo's always been the promised girl. I really like Satsuki's style tho. She's obviously the hot one of the bunch and ya gotta love the way she throws herself all over Manaka-- literally Btw, for ppl reading releases beyond the scanslated English vol 9, how long is the manga currently, and how long does it seem to be projected? Any conclusion in sight?
Old 2004-08-20, 22:17   Link #35
MidoriShinobi
Boha-haha!!

Send a message via AIM to MidoriShinobi Send a message via MSN to MidoriShinobi
It's currently at chapter 217, with no real end in site. (yay!) ^^;

GO TSUKASA-CHAN!!!!
Old 2004-08-22, 05:11   Link #36
Lunchboxx

Send a message via AIM to Lunchboxx Send a message via MSN to Lunchboxx Send a message via Yahoo to Lunchboxx
WOW!!....217 chapters....I don't know if I can take that much more of this.......

I really like Satsuki for some reason...usually her type of character in a Manga would anoy the hell out of me but for some reason I really like her.

The thing is if Manaka end up with satsuki I would end up feeling really bad for Aya.....Plus to me it seem like her likes Aya the best. Tsukasa just kinda seem like she doesn't really care for him as much as the other girls and it doesn't seem like he cares for her as much (at least not as much as Aya), I like how things kinda seem between them vol. 9 how she is kinda just treating him as a friend....I would like it to stay like that

I feel bad for Manaka he is so confused about the situation and now there gonna bring in another girl.....arg.

Well he will prolley just end up with Aya in the end anyways......I just hope for a happy ending for satsuki
Old 2004-08-23, 12:53   Link #37
Breogan
Umeboshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunchboxx
WOW!!....217 chapters....I don't know if I can take that much more of this.......
If I'm not mistaken I think 118 came out recently, so it's probably a typo for 117
Old 2004-08-28, 18:00   Link #38
Silent_Edge

I like Satsuki compared to the rest... but then I can't help feeling sad for the others as well.. and either way, it just seems there's always going to be some conflicts and such. But that Manaka guy sure is getting me mad...especially that time when he refused that gift from Satsuki, and got the one from Aya. He refused the gift from Aya, but he ended up taking it anyway, now why couldn't he do the same for Satsuki? Well, it would be great if the author of this great series could make either separate volumes or chapters that have alternate endings...you know, to satisfy those who want Manaka to be with XX, and such. That would be cool... But if that's not the case, I just hope they will all stay friends with eachother if they get past this! And then again...thinking about Manaka's name, and the names of the girls...it looks like he's going nowhere based on the meaning of their names...
Old 2004-08-28, 21:07   Link #39
MidoriShinobi
Boha-haha!!

Send a message via AIM to MidoriShinobi Send a message via MSN to MidoriShinobi
Yeah, that was a typo. 118 chapters out currently. I feel bad for Manaka.
Old 2004-08-28, 22:27   Link #40
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Ichigo 100% has been fun for a while, but the more recent additions to the female cast really drove me nuts; I've been cheering for Tsukasa all this time and can't stand the dragging anymore...pick her already! >____<
Closed Thread

Tags
drama, perverted, romance, shounen