AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2013-06-05, 15:54   Link #41
StaticLord
Non-toxic Mikoto lover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldzero View Post
i don't know what to say but"holy". you have very good taste in my opinion and you can clearly see why railgun and index are such an amazing franchise. but im a little confuse with what you mean is that " the reason i can stand it it is silly, it's the most reason people can't stand it " little confuse about this part but everything else made very good seance to me.
The man likes to post Great Walls of text, and I like to read them. It's as if I'm looking at myself. The same amount of affection for a series I also consider #1.

"the reason i can stand it it is silly, it's the most reason people can't stand it"

He is saying many people don't like Touma's speeches and get bored or annoyed with tem. He on the other hand likes them.

Oh. Dniv.

The reason your friends don't want to touch the LN's is quite simple I think. 29 volumes+SS stories. I mean, come on, that IS quite a number of books to read.

I remember it took me 2 weeks to read everything and there were only 3-4 volumes fully translated(or maybe even not fully translated, can't remember exactly) at that time. The rest of the volumes had only the more interesting or action packed fragments translated, many volumes were completely untouched. Those were dark times, before the almighty Js06 came.

Reading them all would take about a month. 1 LN in a day or two.
Old 2013-06-05, 17:11   Link #42
Goldzero

Quote:
Originally Posted by StaticLord View Post
The man likes to post Great Walls of text, and I like to read them. It's as if I'm looking at myself. The same amount of affection for a series I also consider #1.

"the reason i can stand it it is silly, it's the most reason people can't stand it"

He is saying many people don't like Touma's speeches and get bored or annoyed with tem. He on the other hand likes them.

Oh. Dniv.

The reason your friends don't want to touch the LN's is quite simple I think. 29 volumes+SS stories. I mean, come on, that IS quite a number of books to read.

I remember it took me 2 weeks to read everything and there were only 3-4 volumes fully translated(or maybe even not fully translated, can't remember exactly) at that time. The rest of the volumes had only the more interesting or action packed fragments translated, many volumes were completely untouched. Those were dark times, before the almighty Js06 came.

Reading them all would take about a month. 1 LN in a day or two.
i can see many people get annoyed with touma speeches. even despite him being a popular character, even a number of his fans find his speeches annoying or boring.
Goldzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-08, 17:29   Link #43
Primary Consult

I have to say, vol. 15 is my favorite Old Testament one (followed closely by 19). Before the next Index season I absolutely *must* buy both of those at Kinokuniya (in the hope that sales #s reflect on how much attention should be given to those LNs).

Vol. 15 I was either laughing or on the edge of my seat with every other line.

My other favorite part of OT was Touma's flight with Index in Vol 17 which has a 24-ish vibe to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldzero View Post
i can see many people get annoyed with touma speeches. even despite him being a popular character, even a number of his fans find his speeches annoying or boring.
I just skim those parts... I wonder if part of the reason the source material always comes off as better than the anime adaptation is because it's much easier to selectively read something than it is to selectively watch something (you're stuck at the anime pace versus setting your own pace with a LN).
Primary Consult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-08, 18:34   Link #44
Acer
Death to the infidels!

taking a moment or two, I've never had problems with Touma's speeches, though it is good that in the NT, it is getting lighter with them, except the vol 6 I do not remember any that might be called speeches, although in anime I find them unbearable, I not like the voice actor of Touma.

Anyway, I want to see the struggles of vol 16 and 18 animated
Acer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-09, 01:12   Link #45
Goldzero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acer View Post
taking a moment or two, I've never had problems with Touma's speeches, though it is good that in the NT, it is getting lighter with them, except the vol 6 I do not remember any that might be called speeches, although in anime I find them unbearable, I not like the voice actor of Touma.

Anyway, I want to see the struggles of vol 16 and 18 animated
i always enjoyed the speeches myself(even in the anime adaption) but even i get annoyed, irritated and bored at his speeches from time to time ............... atleast in the anime adaption.
Goldzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-13, 04:45   Link #46
Karna
just some guy

Anyone have a copy of the latest "A Certain Universal Pyramid". The power level chart?

Last edited by Karna; 2013-06-13 at 05:05.
Karna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-16, 00:37   Link #47
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Spoiler for Railgun S someone that Maika knows LN 3 chronologically:

Given that... shouldn't Maika have recognized Mikoto's Sister as someone else?... Shouldn't she at least have a suspicion about what's going on?... I mean she talked to Touma and Misaka Imouto (or one of them) beforehand. How would she not notice or know this?
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-19, 20:42   Link #48
Marina2

Vol.15

If it was Mugino insted of Frenda who get captured by SCHOOL and forced to betray ITEM for her survival, do you think Mugino will do the same thing as Frenda?
Old 2013-06-19, 21:44   Link #49
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Mugino will just blast them away with meltdowner lol
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-19, 22:20   Link #50
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
Mugino will just blast them away with meltdowner lol
I'm talking about the situation where she get super beat-up and can't do anything anymore except speaking or else she won't get 'captured' right?

Anyway, my point here is: by personality, will Mugino do the same thing as Frenda in the same situation?
Old 2013-06-19, 22:41   Link #51
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Yeah if Mugino had no other choice she would probably have given up ITEM. Back then she didn't really care about them anyways, just seeing them as people she can use for whatever purposes.

The real trouble would be getting her into that position. She's really prideful so it would be hard to force her to surrender so easily.
Old 2013-06-20, 00:06   Link #52
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilidsor View Post
Yeah if Mugino had no other choice she would probably have given up ITEM. Back then she didn't really care about them anyways, just seeing them as people she can use for whatever purposes.

The real trouble would be getting her into that position. She's really prideful so it would be hard to force her to surrender so easily.
I don't think she would... she's too proud for that. She would just die.
Old 2013-06-26, 06:43   Link #53
Breimoon

quote from toaru wikia " When Fiamma severed Touma's right arm along with the Imagine Breaker in order to absorb that power into himself[94], it was not for the Imagine Breaker ability, but for it to act as a medium for his Holy Right to gain a corporeal form.
Immediately afterwards, an "invisible thing" gathered on Touma's right shoulder which made all that Fiamma had pale in comparison, but Touma unexpectedly crushed that power with an even greater power and then took back the Imagine Breaker. Though the true nature of these powers is unclear, Touma is shown to be able to communicate with "invisible thing" referring the power as "you" before refusing to use it's power, crushing the power and regenerating his lost right arm.[95]"
it makes me think that his true power is not imagine breamer but it is only an item he uses to keep in check a greater power. Then his name which can be read as " One that purifies God and exorcises the Devil" and "The person superior to God " means that this power is superior to god if left uncontrolled. The only thing i could think of is the sacred tree( the tree is present in all religions/myths under different names, and even in science )
Could Kamijou house the power of the tree as in housing the apple eva and adam ate at the start of times ??And his Imagine Breaker is used to keep under control this power? That would give kamijou the power up needed to defeat the magic god.
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-26, 14:03   Link #54
Miraluka
Banned

Imagine Breaker is a power that fixes distortions just like Fiamma's Holy Right.

If Fiamma's goal was to fix the current distortion that means Touma's IB would have to fix another distortion but from the looks of it, it is already holding back a huge power aka that invisible thing(one that can create a distortion into Touma's right arm with the help of that other power that swallowed the invisible thing after it got released.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-26, 15:45   Link #55
Rovert10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimoon View Post
Could Kamijou house the power of the tree as in housing the apple eva and adam ate at the start of times ??And his Imagine Breaker is used to keep under control this power? That would give kamijou the power up needed to defeat the magic god.
Spoiler for NT:
Rovert10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-26, 19:47   Link #56
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rovert10 View Post
Spoiler for NT:
I doubt it. It wasn't fully manifested. Even then, it was only because it was completely unexpected. I don't think "that" is absolutely powerful half of the time. I feel like AIWASS would always win against "that"... IMO:
Spoiler for WIKIPEDIA about Aleister Crowley's philosophy and corresponding parts in real life:
If IB can do this and "that" just relies on illusion... there is no reason at all why IB can't beat "that" as well. I feel like IB is the most powerful thing here. It just loses when Touma messes up. I'm guessing he still hasn't fully mastered it or regained its original functionality.

IB literally crushes all illusions as its role. So eventually it should beat all who are involved. There shouldn't be anything better...
Old 2013-06-26, 23:55   Link #57
Welsh_Dragon
The Red Dragon Emperor

Don't forget Othinus's 50/50 chances of winning or losing, guys.
Welsh_Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-27, 00:30   Link #58
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welsh_Dragon View Post
Don't forget Othinus's 50/50 chances of winning or losing, guys.
I think they only work against other magicians or espers... I don't think they work against hybrids or those who have surpassed that (wink)
Old 2013-06-27, 12:50   Link #59
Ihaxlikenoob
Nine Lives Blade Works

No, it works on everybody, Touma and the Invisble Thing are just bound by 'bad luck' modifier, which basically means they're at a disadvantage against Othinus.

Ollerus mentioned it was a miracle how she managed to win against Touma twice in a row.
Ihaxlikenoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-27, 13:57   Link #60
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihaxlikenoob View Post
No, it works on everybody, Touma and the Invisble Thing are just bound by 'bad luck' modifier, which basically means they're at a disadvantage against Othinus.

Ollerus mentioned it was a miracle how she managed to win against Touma twice in a row.
I meant Aleister. He doesn't really follow the rules does he?