AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2015-08-15, 16:31   Link #581
cyth
Banned

A great episode and great recovery from that yandere mess. Chinpira scenes were a bit over-the-top, but the way the episode built up Yuu's aggressiveness was near perfect. They even featured drugs!! Name one anime where they tackle the issue with seriousness, you'll discover there are few and far between. The show deserves a medal just for that.

That being said, I was half expecting Nao to keep an eye on him. Yeah, it was a bit weird not to intervene when he started stabbing chinpira, but not really, chinpira are the scum of earth in Japanese eyes and one inch too far from darkness for anyone to be bothered by them.

The weirdest part was Shirayanagi's appearance. Whose brilliant idea was that?!

As for Yuu's sister ...
Spoiler for speculation:
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-15, 16:41   Link #582
ginger02

They always kill off the nice ones

Another fantastic episode though. It went by so quick! I was surprised that Nao was following him like that. I imagined her popping out of nowhere like she did, but didn't anticipate her having followed him.

Really sad about Ayumi. Yeah, maybe she's not dead, but I won't hold out hope.

Wondering still about that orange-haired girl.
ginger02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-15, 17:03   Link #583
VDZ

So one thing that bothers me that nobody seems to mention. From 9:53 to 10:00...

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Did Yuu just kill a random guy without even being bothered by it? By the looks of it, that seems to be at least the fourth floor he's jumping from. Even if he manages to somehow survive that fall (unlikely considering he's not even conscious during most of the fall), that's still attempted homicide, isn't it?
VDZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-15, 17:08   Link #584
cyth
Banned

I think he was aiming for him to hit the tree.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-15, 17:15   Link #585
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Wow, that was a really depressing episode...but rather good. I can't believe his sister died just like that. I'm still half inclined to believe that she's still alive hidden off somewhere...maybe with the scientists - and I think that orange-haired mystery girl will be behind her kidnapping.

I'm also guessing that Yuu won't be the same apathetic person he once was. For one thing, once he had already delved into that madness, he won't get out of it that easily - he will most likely be more short-tempered and violent than usual...my guess. I'm actually hoping he will be because it will be boring if he doesn't come back a slightly different person after going through near insanity.

I was also expecting Yuu's sister to possess what's-her-name. If we see that happen in the next episode or so, then her death will be confirmed. As of now, I am still slightly skeptical.

...and one last thing...I can't believe that girl from ep 1 (who dumped him) came back and acted as if she cared. I would have slapped her out of the room.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-15, 17:15   Link #586
Yamada II

Episode 7
So the Imouto is no more. I didn't quite like how the news of her death was given. They just blurted it out like they don't care. It felt weird.
Things felt a bit excessive here with Yuu losing it and going wild with his ability. Things felt too much. And then it felt a bit fast too.

I was thinking that maybe the soaking wet dude will be the one to find Yuu and then lead Nao and the others to him. It was nice to see Nao there the whole time with Yuu.
Yamada II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-15, 17:24   Link #587
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Nice tags, whoever edits them.

--

My worst fears have come true. I really really liked Ayumi, and I'm deeply saddened by this. I wonder how her middle school friend(s) are taking this. I wasn't expecting the girl from episode 1 to come back. We have to see her in one capacity or other for closure's sake.

I also loved how Tomori was there the ENTIRE TIME. And she didn't make herself known until Yuu was about to sniff some white. funny stuff
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-15, 17:37   Link #588
Wandering Soul

Well that was a depressing episode. He was really going on a downward spiral and even the girl from the first episode couldn't help him. It's nice to see Nao was keeping an eye on him the entire time and made sure to step in when she thought he was going too far.

I have my doubts that the Ayumi is dead. I think her death may have been faked and that they have a fake body while the scientist have the real Ayumi.
Old 2015-08-15, 17:52   Link #589
VTHokiePride

I knew I boarded the feels train when the doctor said Ayumi died. I'm holding out a small hope that she somehow survived. Was he watching Angel Beats during the episode?
Old 2015-08-15, 18:50   Link #590
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Ugh. The more I see plot details about the show, the more difficult it is to pick this up after Episode 2.
Is it really worth it to watch Yuu's descent?

Also, why does it seem that Nao feels indifferent about what Yuu is going through? The guy needs someone to talk to, not people to play with using his abilities. Does Nao actually like it that Yuu is acting this way? Was it part of the benefactor's keikaku?
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-15, 19:03   Link #591
IceHism

It's here, key is doing the thing they do best.

I liked the episode. I laughed when he ate a mountain of cup noodles but him starting to beat random people up for no reason is a bit cringe...
Good thing Nao saved him.
Oh and i loved his dead and shocked face in the beginning when he was in the car and just staring at nothing. That was great.

I was half expecting that he would find out that he ran out of money, having spent it all on arcade, dangos, and pizzas. Alas, that never happened :/
Like, he put some fat yens into those arcade machines. 1000 yen would probably give him like 6 lives in house of the dead 4. He probably beat the game like 20+ or more times
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-15, 19:33   Link #592
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

I figured out that Nao was following him the whole time after her conspicuous absence in the first few minutes. This was pretty much confirmed when the cafe sent a "free" serving of salad.

Goeben Alaska Hood Albacore Archerfish

Lexington Hornet Taihou Ranger Surcouf

Wichita Houston Sirius Yuubari Brooklyn

Ikazuchi Hibiki Aviere Akizuki Suzutsuki

frivolity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-15, 19:36   Link #593
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

Spoiler for For episode 7:
margafred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-15, 19:46   Link #594
Peanutbutter

Brilliant ep 7, though the setup for this is too long in my opinion.

Weird way to reintroduce the girl from ep 1 back here, but now I suppose her role is done. Besides that, the rest was well-played.

I'm starting to like Nao's type of voice for some reason. It grew on me really. Guess I needed something new other than high-pitched, moe, screaming voices.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-15, 20:27   Link #595
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
Episode 7

Aaand Jun Maeda has officially grown a set by killing off a major character. I knew hammering that rice omelette joke in the early story was gonna boomerang back somehow, though Yu going full Lelouch on everyone is the more poignant part of the story. My only concern is how neatly this episode concluded; how do you follow this up?
GANBARIMASU
Akito Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-15, 20:36   Link #596
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Ep 07

I was also surprised that the sister appears to be dead...though part of me remains faintly suspicious that she was taken away to be experimented on, and the MC might find out later.

Otherwise I enjoyed the episode. I could totally relate to the shutdown with rage in the deeper levels reaction he had, and thought that it was overall well portrayed. I also liked how he "naturally" grew nastier and meaner the more he fell into despair.

Perhaps the rebound was a bit quick, but such things can happen - or at least I have seen similar quick rebounds like that.

Once again, the ED they played this ep was good.
Old 2015-08-15, 20:40   Link #597
Jaden

Yuu's rampage was interesting, but it was kinda weird how quickly it ended. I wanted to see it go a bit further before he found himself again. Doing a little weed wouldn't have ended his life, lol... But I guess it just goes to show how good Nao is at pulling people's strings.
Old 2015-08-15, 20:43   Link #598
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
Yuu's rampage was interesting, but it was kinda weird how quickly it ended. I wanted to see it go a bit further before he found himself again. Doing a little weed wouldn't have ended his life, lol... But I guess it just goes to show how good Nao is at pulling people's strings.
It wouldn't, but it would have definitely set a path that he (and Nao) would find very hard to turn from. It's like when you fully succumb to the dark side, the only option is 10 seconds of repentance then death.

(Although, by the middle of the episode, Yuu sounded A LOT like Nao it was scary.)
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-15, 20:46   Link #599
Jaden

I see. I'm of the mind that you have to fully succumb to the dark side for your redemption to have any impact. I want my characters to suffer.
Old 2015-08-15, 21:04   Link #600
HandofFate

I wonder about the time span of his time as a delinquent.
Maybe 2-4 months~ even despite being only 1 episode.

Tags
p.a. works, supernatural powers