Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-12-30, 21:55   Link #24841
Mach56gs
Do-Gooder

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
I didn't get the impression that R&V was doing all that well in the rankings, but not to the level of being up for cancellation. Whats with this rush ending? If Ikeda wanted to end it from his side, then he could have done it over like 5 chapters comfortably.
This boggles me as well. Some many questions.... He's put so much into this, why end It like this? Hopefully it doesn't end like what everyone fears, but it's looking darn terminal from this standpoint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladrave View Post
For some odd reason i'm rooting for Alucard O_O
I'm with ya on that xD
Old 2013-12-30, 22:25   Link #24842
chidorimen

Well that (didn't) got resolved quickly, I mean they really ended that fast.
chidorimen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-31, 00:09   Link #24843
Tachibana
タチバナ

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtro View Post
I don't think so, but instead I believe it is his own twist to the shinso. A shinso's ability of creation is not bound to creating black objects, Akasha is known to have used an armor that was a very snug fit and Alucard himself has never manifested any black armor. His armor is for the most part pale.
Also if you look at Tsukune closely you can see where the armor ends and where his body begins, as you can with Moka as well.
Take notice of how the black skin covers his arms and hands, how his nails contrast.
I think it is more plausible to assume that Tsukune formed the appearance of his form based on his own fears.
Another interesting detail: In pages 1, 13 and 28 you can see small teeth added to the bottom part of Tsukune's shoulder pieces. These are fashioned after Alucard's own form with the gem adorning the piece supposed to bear a resemblance to Alucard's own gem, lending more credit to my theory that Tsukune formed his appearance after his own fears.

The ribbon floating around Tsukune's waist can also be seen on Alucard's monstrous form for whatever reason.
I'm not sure that Tsukune's armor took such an appearance based off his fear, you must also put into consideration the nature of Tsukune's energy, his energy is dark and chaotic, it's possible that Tsukune's armor has taken that appearance to reflect the nature of his power thus making it jet black.

As for Akasha's armor, she probably generated it using the Creation ability as well, but this is a theory, however, if you look at Moka's armor, it was generated from the Creation ability but it also looks like something she can take off and put back on like clothes, and because it looks so refined it's hard to tell if they used the Creation ability or if they just equipped their armor. Tsukune is the same way, though it looks like black skin covering him, the armor he is using is equivalent to a combat suit with the addition of armored plating and shoulder pauldrons.

EDIT: I just noticed something on some of the panels, Tsukune didn't have his wings, especially when he was talking with Mikogami.

Last edited by Tachibana; 2013-12-31 at 19:30.
Tachibana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-03, 07:37   Link #24844
Alhazad2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach56gs View Post
This boggles me as well. Some many questions.... He's put so much into this, why end It like this? Hopefully it doesn't end like what everyone fears, but it's looking darn terminal from this standpoint.
Maybe Ikeda himself is as well, that's why he's rushing to end the story, because he doesn't want it to be unfinished before his own end. It was the same with George Orwell, author of 1984. He was originally gonna have the main characters escape Big Brother and live in peace, but since he was dying of cancer, he feared he wouldn't have been able to finish it like he wanted before his death. So he had the heroes captured, broken, and become pawns of the oppressive government in the end. Sad, but true. I hope it's not the same for Ikeda, but we'll see I suppose.

Quote:
I'm with ya on that xD
No kidding, everything he touches seems to turn to dust, he's failed miserably as a Big Bad. It's like Gyokuro all over again, he talks a big game, but ends up falling completely flat. Sad, it really is.
Alhazad2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-06, 21:35   Link #24845
n0m@n
C-Z

So one more chapter left for this series too end. A lot of my favoruite monthly manga has been ending lately so it kinda makes me sad....
Old 2014-01-06, 22:15   Link #24846
Cio
Otaku

RAW "Dawn of the Dark part 5" have released...

Spoiler for 66D:
Old 2014-01-06, 22:18   Link #24847
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cio View Post
RAW "Dawn of the Dark part 5" have released...

Spoiler for 66D:
The scanlation has been out for a while
Old 2014-01-06, 22:28   Link #24848
Cio
Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
The scanlation has been out for a while
What? Then i'm a real late on this >.< Damn Again! I just look on my senmanga it's just released the RAW and the scanlation actually have released for a while?

Sorry for my excitement >.<
Old 2014-01-07, 01:18   Link #24849
Alhazad2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cio View Post
What? Then i'm a real late on this >.< Damn Again! I just look on my senmanga it's just released the RAW and the scanlation actually have released for a while?

Sorry for my excitement >.<
It's alright, don't feel bad. Mangaholic intercepted the RAWs and scanlated them before New Years. They've done it a couple of times now, it's always appreciated, especially by those who aren't literate in Japanese. That way we don't need to play guessing games with the chapter.

But yes, Chapter 66.5 is out, with the grand finale coming in February. Will Alucard go out with a bang, a whimper, or will he fall prey to Talk No Jutsu and..... dare I say it... repent? I suppose we can only wait and find out.
Old 2014-01-15, 16:54   Link #24850
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

So R+V is ending already? I'm sad and I just got back.
Old 2014-01-16, 12:54   Link #24851
Alhazad2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
So R+V is ending already? I'm sad and I just got back.
Unfortunately it is, within the next three weeks we'll have the last issue of Rosario Vampire online. I won't spoil it for you, in case you haven't kept up with recent chapters. But yes, come February this great story shall come to an end. Sad, it really is.
Old 2014-01-16, 16:18   Link #24852
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alhazad2003 View Post
Unfortunately it is, within the next three weeks we'll have the last issue of Rosario Vampire online. I won't spoil it for you, in case you haven't kept up with recent chapters. But yes, come February this great story shall come to an end. Sad, it really is.
Spoil it, I'm collecting the manga anyways. Sad to see this franchise is gonna end soon. I hope Ikeda makes a new manga somewhat similar to what R+V and have the charm and appeal as well.
Old 2014-01-16, 16:57   Link #24853
cyberdemon

Quote:
Spoil it, I'm collecting the manga anyways. Sad to see this franchise is gonna end soon. I hope Ikeda makes a new manga somewhat similar to what R+V and have the charm and appeal as well.
maybe not the franchise. There is still one more year for them in school. There's also likely going to be some issues between the human world and the Ayashi world as a result of this. I think that would be a good story to follow up on.
Old 2014-01-17, 02:54   Link #24854
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
Fun fact: all the R+V vampires have names after drinks of some kind with exception of Alucard/Miyabe.

Not so obvious ones:
Gyokuro = a kind of green tea
Bloodriver = a rum, vodka, taquila cocktail

Anyone else want to input into this list? If it turns out that Miyabe is also a kind of drink in Japan, then that pretty much covers all the vampires in R+V are named after drinks like the saiyans are named after vegetables in DBZ.
Old 2014-01-17, 09:08   Link #24855
Alhazad2003

Quote:
Alright, if you insist.

Ultimately, the group's efforts to stop the return of Alucard were eventually all in vain, as Miyabi destroyed Moka's Rosario and mortally wounded her. He then crashed the Floating Gardens into the human world.

Fortunately, the heroes managed to escape, most of them via Fuhai's use of Soap Opera, which captured most everyone in large soap bubbles and allowed them to have drifted towards the ground. As they descended, Alucard arose in his true monstrous form, a kaiju that destroyed skyscrapers around him with punitive ease.

Tsukune and Moka landed elsewhere, and Omote awakened to have shared her first (and last) kiss with Tsukune before she quietly passed away. Though no sooner than they landed that Akuha reappeared once more, offering to have revived Moka.

Miyabi then reappears and notes that there were few bodies despite the destruction his main body had wrought. Mikogami then appeared, and told him he'd secretly contacted the human authorities, who'd previously evacuated the city and sent armed forces to fight against the monstrous Alucard. Tanks and fighter jets besieged him, but their efforts were also for naught, as Miyabi rejoined with his main body and demolished the armed forces. Though before he could've completely eradicated them, Sun appeared and destroyed one of his tentacles with her song. Mikogami then attacked his eternal foe, and finally revealed his true form, that of a Kishin (Demon God). Fuhai then assumed his own true form, and the pair, along with Sun (subbing for Akasha) fought against the maniacal Alucard.

Back with Tsukune, he watches as Akuha's efforts to revive Moka were for naught. The Black Devil refused his help, claiming his flase feelings couldn't have saved Moka. Tsukune then removed his Holy Lock, let his blood take over, and injected his own blood into Moka.

Back with the Two and a half Dark Lords, they down Alucard yet again, but then notice Tsukune had released his Holy Lock. Alucard regenerated and noticed it as well, and believing to be Mikogami's "trump card," heads off to destroy him. Sun warns him of the danger, and the other friends rejoin Tsukune and Moka. Akuha then uses a magic circle which channels everyone's nakama power so Tsukune and Moka would survive the transformation. They emerge, just as Alucard arrives on the scene. They fly forth and practically decimate Alucard's body (something that should've been way beyond them). Though the monster arises once more, as an unstable amalgamation of monsters. He then reveals the eggs he planted had hatched, and showed them as his "babies" wreaked havoc upon the world. Unfortunately, his forces were all countered by both the Wong and Miu families, as well as Youkai Academy people (including the supposedly dead Midou, major snafu on Ikeda's part). Alucard tries to crush them again, but Mikogami and Fuhai stop him, and tell everyone to keep hacking away at him regardless of how many times he regenerated. The last chapter ended with the heroes mounting a joint assault.
Old 2014-01-17, 12:57   Link #24856
shadow1296

there is one big problem with mikogami's plan how did he know tsukune was moka's true love or destined one, according to akasha only that person could remove moka's rosario, so how was he able to find the one human in the entire population that was A) able to remove moka's rosario and B) survive the ghouling process, the odds for him finding such a person are astronomical to say the least.
Old 2014-01-17, 13:07   Link #24857
Breimoon

maybe he used magic to know about moka's love luck xD
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-17, 18:15   Link #24858
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1296 View Post
there is one big problem with mikogami's plan how did he know tsukune was moka's true love or destined one, according to akasha only that person could remove moka's rosario, so how was he able to find the one human in the entire population that was A) able to remove moka's rosario and B) survive the ghouling process, the odds for him finding such a person are astronomical to say the least.
No, the Rosary can be removed by any one that both truly cares for her and means no harm not just her true love. Also it wasn't planned from the start what happened to Tsukune, Mikogami just adapted his plans.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-17, 18:28   Link #24859
Johnny
Working the bags...

Quote:
He kept trying and got lucky with Tsukune since he wasn't his first human guinea pig, i.e Hokuto...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-18, 00:40   Link #24860
XFire
150% done

Quote:
One would assume that he had a method of testing for this in the first place, since he purposely lured him into the school and arranged the meeting with Moka. As for the ghouling process, he was waiting nearby to seal him immediately IIRC.

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, monogamy, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsumoka romance, vampire