Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-01-20, 12:49   Link #101
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huh...? View Post
Well, this Series is quite slow on the build-up towards it's Ecchi stuff, while "Gushing Over Magical Girls" just went into it hard from the start, especially with it's Uncensored version which even surpasses what's in the source Manga.
I don't think both series are entirely comparable; this series isn't borderline H or anything, its mostly a throwback to action harems from 2009 or something. The manga is pretty clear about what its trying to be though -- the ecchi scene that was cut was from manga chapter 2.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-21, 06:14   Link #102
Liddo-kun
is this so?

have read a bit of Mato Seihei manga, it's really more on action than ecchi. There's fanservice every once in awhile, but it's nothing compared to the things that Utena doles out in Gushing. lol

disappointed with the cuts that the anime did. So will just stick to Mato manga, and hard pass on the anime version.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-23, 07:01   Link #103
Huh...?

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-23, 10:56   Link #104
Frontier

Quote:
YouTube
Squad of Best Girls vs Squad of Best Girls! Himari and Yuuki team-up !
Old 2024-01-25, 07:42   Link #105
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Giving this the 3 ep rule, not sure I'm keeping with this. The type of comedy showcased in these episodes just doesn't do it for me anymore. The action isn't anything to write home about either. I suppose the mystery as to the identity of the human Shuuki is a bit interesting, and I'd like to see brother and sister confront each other directly, but its going to be a struggle getting though the comedic bits. Maybe I'll get used to it.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-25, 10:32   Link #106
Frontier

Tenka is all charm (especially to Slave-kun) and she and Kyouka have amazing legs...but I can't say the same for Yachiho, who in a meeting meant to go over better cohesiveness between Demon Defense Force Squad's ends up mocking and dissing her sister Himari. But points to Kyouka for recognizing her subordinate's issue and coming up with the perfect excuse for her to take out her frustration: a mock battle between squads that will pit the two sisters against each other !

And Himari won't be going at this alone, she'll have Yuki by her side as he becomes her slave! Because Himari's ability isn't quite summoning weapons but instead being able to use (scaled down) versions of other peoples' abilities! Which means she can also use Yuuki like Kyouka does .

So Yuuki under Himari even gets a new form! He also sacrifices strength for speed, but that works well for him. Also very effective scarf use .

Oh yeah, Kyouka's made her "rewards" private so Himari probably thought the "reward" was just doing housework for Yuuki...not stripping your skirt off, flashing your panties, and then planting your crotch right up into his face. The best part is she hated every minute of it .

It's the classic story of being born into a prestigious family and not measuring up to your older sister(s), and Yachiho was always putting Himari down for her perceived lacking points. But that just gives Himari even more motivation to prove her, and her entire family, wrong about her. And Yuuki can relate to wanting to prove yourself .

(Although to be honest the ability to increase your bust with Shushu's power doesn't seem half-bad to me ).

I guess the one thing Yuuki was really missing was a Finishing move! And learning to channel his strength into his body will prove useful even when he's back with Kyouka! And the training montage between him and Himari seems to have really improved their relationship! Even if Himari would probably rather not flaunt her bare boobs at him if she could help it .

Himari may be judged for just using other peoples' abilities, but Yachiho is just basically discount Kurumi from DAL .

I love how one of Tenka's squad wears a leotard. We've seen so many different outfit styles for the girls that I guess that was inevitable. And of course she walks in buck-naked to join equally buck-naked Shushu and Himari in the bath and she's got quite the figure! Bonus points, Sahara is voiced by Reina Ueda !

Convenient to be able to make a barrier with lipstick! Perfect for a single-combat tournament arc between squads! Though figures a squad fangirl would not care for the token guy .

It's finally time for Yachiho and Himari! And Himari and Yuuki finally shutting her up was great...hope they can survive "Prime Time" though .

Cheerleader Nei is cute, but Nei with a machinegun was sure something .
Old 2024-01-25, 18:03   Link #107
grecefar

easy to say that yachiho is going to lose and I'm always happy that characters like her get embarassed in the end.

I'm looking foward too the reward that hiwari will give to yuuki, it has to be a big reward.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-25, 18:47   Link #108
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The show isn't really doing it for me either so far. Both the action and fanservice are subpar, not sure whether it's the adaptation sucking or the manga taking a while to really get going. I figure there has to be a reason it's so popular.
Old 2024-01-25, 18:48   Link #109
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
easy to say that yachiho is going to lose and I'm always happy that characters like her get embarassed in the end.

I'm looking foward too the reward that hiwari will give to yuuki, it has to be a big reward.
The way I see it Himari will probably beat Yachiho, Shushu will lose to Sahara, and Tenka and Kyouka will be the tie-breaker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The show isn't really doing it for me either so far. Both the action and fanservice are subpar, not sure whether it's the adaptation sucking or the manga taking a while to really get going. I figure there has to be a reason it's so popular.
Manga fans keep complaining about this adaption but I'm enjoying it .
Old 2024-01-25, 20:42   Link #110
GDB

Quote:
IMO, the manga takes a while to get going. Personally didn't really feel the story/pacing there until the middle of volume 4. Which is kind of wild, because this episode is only one chapter off of finishing volume 2 of the manga. Somehow this series goes by insanely fast but also super slow.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-25, 22:10   Link #111
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Honestly speaking I don't mind whichever sister loses this match. Both of them treat others poorly in general. The reward system for that ability is a good way to make her pay for her attitude, but she should still have a better attitude when asking for help. Yachiko is certainly going to lose, but that's a win/win. This way both sisters pay a price.

The show isn't bad, but it's not that great either. Definitely the lesser "ecchi" focused show of the season. But there's room for it to pick up.
Old 2024-01-25, 23:55   Link #112
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Quote:
The manga's art is typically pretty highly praised... and it papers over the overall blandness of the series in ways that a censored anime can't. I actually read through the first 30 or so chapters twice because I had completely forgotten pretty much everything that happened in the series after a few months. I wouldn't say its a bad series necessarily but from the praise it was getting I definitely kind of expected something more. Honestly I still only remember bits and pieces of the story.

Anyway the censorship as a whole has gotten really uneven; I don't even know how they figure out what to show and what to censor at this point. Probably best to come back to this when the BD releases.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-26, 00:27   Link #113
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Honestly speaking I don't mind whichever sister loses this match. Both of them treat others poorly in general. The reward system for that ability is a good way to make her pay for her attitude, but she should still have a better attitude when asking for help. Yachiko is certainly going to lose, but that's a win/win. This way both sisters pay a price.

The show isn't bad, but it's not that great either. Definitely the lesser "ecchi" focused show of the season. But there's room for it to pick up.
Honestly I feel like Himari came off pretty well in this episode. She got along a lot better with Yuuki by the end of it and I don't think she acted anywhere near as bad as Yachiho.
Old 2024-01-26, 02:53   Link #114
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep4:

Quote:
Both the action and fanservice are subpar
Yeah, that's Takahiro

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-26, 12:56   Link #115
XFire
150% done

Quote:
It's a mix of both. The manga takes a while to find its real groove (imo the upcoming arc where they clash with his sister) and the adaption isn't the best

Though for a lot of people the turning point is apparently just "Tenka shows up" so I guess it varies
Old 2024-01-26, 13:57   Link #116
Frontier

I'm enjoying it...
Old 2024-01-27, 10:23   Link #117
ryllharu

The manga has good uncensored fanservice in the tankobon releases, which balances out well-composed action scenes and provides a break in the tension. It takes some time to get into the groove on both sides.

The anime is serviceable, but it admittedly isn't showing off the full appeal. I'll keep watching it, but it certainly won't ever surpass the original.

The series is a strong companion/counterpoint series to Akame ga Kill in pretty much all aspects.
ryllharu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-30, 04:04   Link #118
Huh...?

YouTube

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-30, 09:44   Link #119
EroKing

NSFW
Megami
Old 2024-01-30, 14:29   Link #120
Frontier

Quote:
YouTube
Yachiho making them work for it .
Quote:
Originally Posted by EroKing View Post
NSFW
Megami
This makes me realize we haven't seen Kyouka in just her underwear or naked...because it's a very effective visual .