4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-02-19, 01:17   Link #81
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Since we now know that the other naval bases are also involved in Operation FS, might it be possible that Yamato is perhaps from another base, maybe the HQ, and may in fact be the flagship of a combined fleet with members from each base?

Signature by liro
Estavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-19, 01:28   Link #82
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Was it deturmined where the torpedo that hit Kaga came from?
Old 2015-02-19, 02:09   Link #83
Ernietheracefan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newprimus View Post
"I'm not a hotel!!"
To make it even better, Hotel Majapahit in Surabaya was named Hotel Yamato during Japanese occupation of DEI (Indonesia)..
Ernietheracefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-19, 02:46   Link #84
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Wow Zuikaku being tsundere toward Kaga is canon isn't she?

And Fubuki saved the day again. With KTKM and Ooi absolutely butchered their oposition. Should have chased that Wo through.

That's also my main problem with the anime, as despite it's a battle anime, the pacing during battle apparently was kinda off. Felt like the girl would stay in one spot for too long despite in a hurry situation
Old 2015-02-19, 03:20   Link #85
Ryuuoh DeltaPlus
A Random Lurker

I totally want to see more of this in the anime

http://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/1554...%28inschool%29
Old 2015-02-19, 05:19   Link #86
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estavali View Post
It would be interesting if the Naval Base would turn this knowledge (that the Abyssals are listening in to their chitchats) into their advantage, say by laying out a trap with deliberate false messages. This is what Midway would have been if Yamamoto had his way: a trap to lure and destroy the main threat. Except that in that case the Japanese left too much in the hands of Lady Luck and gave the Americans, who had already learnt of their plans, the chance to turn the tables on them.
If teitoku doesn't have a sudden mental meltdown he should be able to avoid Midway, or indeed, turn a big battle in his favour. Midway wasn't so much an overreliance on luck by the Japanese, but rather terrible planning coupled with arrogance. Yamamoto assumed that the Americans were already beaten and had to be lured out for battle, whereas in reality Nimitz was willing to accept a fight with only two carriers in case Yorktown couldn't make it. The Japanese war games held prior to Midway were more a farce than an actual simulation. When the player handling the American side did something similar to what the Americans would indeed do and inflicted damage to three Japanese carriers the judge reacted by saying that this American reaction would be impossible and simply reversed the damage. Not few Japanese officers realised that MI was fundamentally flawed, however, Yamamoto and his staff were unwilling to listen.
Old 2015-02-19, 05:42   Link #87
James Rye

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
It is official. Kaga is the ultimate lesbian of the fleet.

She has made :

Akagi
Zuikaku
Shoukaku
Kitakami
Ooi

her bitches. And there is many more to come.
I get Akagi and Zuikaku but how did Shoukaku, Kitakami and Ooi become Kaga's bitches? That said, i'd love to read a fanfic with Kaga being a harem leader against her will and who is annoyed by all the girls trying to jump in bed/bath with her. XDDD
James Rye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-19, 08:44   Link #88
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

- After Akagi, now Zuikaku added into Kaga's list.
- Wo-class is too sexy I can't help to pay more attention to her
- Next is-- Yamato! Yeah!
Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-19, 09:30   Link #89
Marina2

Why don't they just do this to dodge a single torpedo. It seems very easy to do. lol

Old 2015-02-19, 09:34   Link #90
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

A torpedo is much larger than one might think. Also, due to the light refraction caused by the water, it is very unlikely someone can dodge a torpedo as easily as you might think.
Old 2015-02-19, 09:36   Link #91
Kakurin
大佐

Won't be of any use if the torpedo is equipped with a proximity fuse.
Old 2015-02-19, 09:36   Link #92
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
A torpedo is much larger than one might think. Also, due to the light refraction caused by the water, it is very unlikely someone can dodge a torpedo as easily as you might think.
From what shown in anime, I think the body of torpedo is slim enough to do this.

Actually, all torpedos firing at girls should be missed because unlike the real ship, the ship girl is floating on the surface the water, no part of them are underwater to be hit by torpedo. Torpedos should just run past under their feet. Well, I'm probably thinking too much about this.
Old 2015-02-19, 09:44   Link #93
Kakurin
大佐

And then because of the proximity fuse the torpedo explodes right under her. Doesn't seem too smart a thing to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Actually, all torpedos firing at girls should be missed because unlike the real ship, the ship girl is floating on the surface the water, no part of them are underwater to be hit by torpedo. Torpedos should just run past under their feet. Well, I'm probably thinking too much about this.
You are wrong. Many torpedoes are equipped with proximity fuses. Meaning they detonate once they close within a certain distance of the target. Torpedoes don't have to actually hit to explode.
Old 2015-02-19, 09:46   Link #94
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

To begin with, around WWII, torpedoes were designed to explode under the ships, not by directly colliding on the enemy ship hull, since it would generally fail to deal enough damage.
But since the mechanism was generally half baked for the Allies, they encountered too many duds which is why it took time for them to actually devise effective torpedoes, whereas the Japanese had the advantage with the Long Lance.
Old 2015-02-19, 09:53   Link #95
Marina2

I see....This is the first time I heard about proximity fuses in torpedos. Look like there are still many things I don't know yet about WWII weapon. Thanks for the info, guys.
Old 2015-02-19, 10:01   Link #96
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
To begin with, around WWII, torpedoes were designed to explode under the ships, not by directly colliding on the enemy ship hull, since it would generally fail to deal enough damage.
But since the mechanism was generally half baked for the Allies, they encountered too many duds which is why it took time for them to actually devise effective torpedoes, whereas the Japanese had the advantage with the Long Lance.
So the torpedo actually hits the target with both the explosion as well as the mass of the water that's forced out by that explosion?

That sounds pretty awful if applied to a human-like body, considering what it can already do to a mass of metal.

Signature by liro
Estavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-19, 10:06   Link #97
Kakurin
大佐

Proximity fuses in torpedoes in World War II relied on magnetic detonators. Admittedly though, those detonators were notoriously unreliable, being prone to premature detonation once they got into the magnetic field of the ship, or failure to account for the Earth's magnetic field changes in different areas. So while less effective, the main detonator was still the contact detonator. However, as you said, kanmusus don't exactly have a big contact area underwater, so if you really want to think about it, just assume that in the KanColle world the magnetic detonator works as it was intended to.
Old 2015-02-19, 10:42   Link #98
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Not quite related, but this made me chuckle...
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Going back on topic. There are torpedos that are designed to detonate on impact of course. We have to keep in mind that a torpedo packs 10x more explosive than a battleship shell, so even if it strikes on centerline, it can still wreak considerable damage. The worst kind of damage nevertheless is a detonation beneath the hull, for that's what will break a ship into two from compression effect, and ruin the ship's keel.

We can assume that all weapons work as intended in Kancolle. If not, then type 3 shells can ruin the ship's gun and we'd be in utter fury from seeing Musashi unable to do anything after a failed AAA cut-in.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-19, 11:52   Link #99
Sagitta Luminis
Yousoro~

Whoa, this episode got me so on edge. I'm glad we're going back to the action and PLOT. The bit about the abyssals knowing the communication codes worries me badly, and not because of the danger of an ambush...
Old 2015-02-19, 11:52   Link #100
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Welp, I somehow missed that the first time, but there is another consistency issue in the very same scene...

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
If they don't fix that kind of stuff in the BD, I'm not sure if I will stick with my pre-orders...