AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2017-09-13, 11:19   Link #4901
Kazu-kun

He doesn't look all that much like a protagonist anymore, to be honest, and doesn't even get the screentime of a protagonist either.
Old 2017-09-13, 11:51   Link #4902
Knighto

According to the summary and the trailers I watched do far, he sure demonstrates.

But there's only so much you can do in six parts. Either let the protagonist hog all the spotlight and give the rest a small amount of screentime, or give them all equal protagonism, with a chunk of that used for developing their newest member. Choose.

Part 1 was Taichi & Yamato; 2 was Mimi & Joe; 3 was Takeru & Koushiro; 4 was Sora centric; 5 is about Meiko & Hikari. Everyone will have gotten focus by then, so is inevitable the final movie's gonna be Taichi centric with everyone kicking asses. Works for me.

Now moving to a different subject. Who wants to bet Meiko is the crest of Darkness?
Knighto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-13, 12:10   Link #4903
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knighto View Post
the final movie's gonna be Taichi centric.
That's not possible. Didn't you read the spoilers?

Spoiler for spoiilers:

In any case, he's not really the protagonist. The closest to a protagonist in these movies is Meiko. Yamato at least manage to stand out more than Taichi all throughout the 5 movies though. Taichi did get the short end of the stick.
Old 2017-09-13, 12:18   Link #4904
Knighto

All 9 are protagonists, that's why they are the digistined. Meiko standing out makes sense, as she's the newcomer. I wouldn' t say she's the protagonist, but there's no doubt in my mind she's the female lead.

As for your spoiler...

Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2017-09-13, 12:28   Link #4905
Kazu-kun

Quote:
All 9 are protagonists, that's why they are the digistined. Meiko standing out makes sense, as she's the newcomer. I wouldn' t say she's the protagonist, but there's no doubt in my mind she's the female lead.
All are main characters. But Taichi was the main protagonist in Adventure and Meiko is the closest to it in these movies. Taichi definitely isn't the protagonist anymore.

Quote:
Spoiler for spoiler:
We'll see, but I'm pretty convinced things are gonna play out like I said.
Old 2017-09-13, 12:54   Link #4906
Knighto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
All are main characters. But Taichi was the main protagonist in Adventure and Meiko is the closest to it in these movies. Taichi definitely isn't the protagonist anymore.
Adventure was Taichi
02 was Daisuke

And although pretty ambiguous at first, Meiko is definitely the protagonist in Tri. Even more so when we get to see next movie...

Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2017-09-13, 13:47   Link #4907
Kazu-kun

There are complains about Yamato because unlike Taichi, he at least gets to stand out and do shit.

Although, I guess the problem isn't Yamato but Taichi. He has been such a non-entity for most of these movies that pretty much everyone else looks more interesting.
Old 2017-09-13, 14:25   Link #4908
Knighto

Funny, because he's heavily implied to being back the leader he's.
Old 2017-09-13, 15:57   Link #4909
Gintokifan22
Gintoki fan

Quote:
Funny, because he's heavily implied to being back the leader he's.
Hurray, some one gets my point on Tai and Matt, every single Tri film in my opinion has Matt acting out more as the leader than Tai. As a Tai fan who has been one since Adventure to 02 series this is worse than what they did to him in the 02 series, at least he took charge in that series over the Adventure cast while Davis was the leader of the 02 cast. He acted in character too and didn't hog all the attention like your saying would happen here.

They didn't have to switch personalitys between Tai and Matt just to give Matt more attention, the spoilers about this film make me cringe so much. I can't even bare to give the last film a chance.

Meiko, I didn't say was worthless I'm just saying what's the point in adding her if they are just going to keep the 02 ending the same. All it does is keep the attention focus on her than the Adventure cast which again in my opinion isn't needed at all.

I know me complaining about the films isn't going to change the series but I'm just ranting a bit.

Edit:

In my opinion the spoilers I feel do the exact opposite of what your saying that's just me.

Pairings I support : Ed x winry. Ash x Serena. Endou x Natsumi. Ginta x Dorothy fan. Luffy x Hancock. Akito x Yurika fan. Gintoki x Tysuki. Boruto X Sumire.
Gintokifan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-13, 17:07   Link #4910
Konja9

In many aspects Taichi acts as leader in Symbiosis.

Spoiler for SPOILER:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gintokifan22 View Post
I'll just skip the next one, it doesn't change the 02 ending. Which makes me wonder what happens to Meiko's character and again I ask why these guy's created her character if the ending isn't even going to change? They don't even talk about her. They'll have to change some thing about the 02 ending but they said they wouldn't change it at all, which is weird.
They didn't say that they wouldn't change any of the Epilogue. They just said that they use one aspect of Epilogue (tge coexistence between humans and Digimon) for the plot.

Minor retons always can happen, especially if Tri shows another Epilogue.
Konja9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-13, 18:14   Link #4911
Kazu-kun

Yamato's pretty much a new leader. Taichi's an afterthought.
Old 2017-09-13, 18:29   Link #4912
Knighto

Afraid I'm I have to disagree with that statement.
Old 2017-09-14, 20:57   Link #4913
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Gotta disagree with Kazukun. The first movie was about Taichi and Yamato. The second was about Mimi and Joe. The next one was about Takeru and Koshiro. The next one was about Sora. The next one will be about Hikari.

The last one is stlll unknown but Toei did say in the past that while Digimon Adventure 1, Tai was initially thought as a protagonist since his character was borrowed from the manga V-Tamers, the staff said there was no protagonist as they wanted to in all the children.

Also, both Tai and Yamato appeared to be the two undecided leaders in the latest movie. While Tai has conflicts, Yamato keeps being too antisocial.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-14, 22:17   Link #4914
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
Gotta disagree with Kazukun.
You're actually proving my point. Yes, the first movie is about Taichi to some extent, but it doesn't resolve his conflict. Yet, the other movies don't follow up on that so he's just there floating around.

Quote:
The last one is stlll unknown but Toei did say in the past that while Digimon Adventure 1, Tai was initially thought as a protagonist since his character was borrowed from the manga V-Tamers, the staff said there was no protagonist as they wanted to in all the children.
Regardless of what they say, he was the protagonist back then. It's a matter of narrative.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2017-09-16 at 00:02.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
digimon