AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-11-07, 12:09   Link #2721
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
Riiiight, like if it was "an overreacting temper tantrum" over Obama LOSING, you guys would totally make fun of THAT?
Personally, if it was from the extreme zealots who then said America died, that it was a battle of Good and Evil and Evil won, that God was killed, and that they were crying and couldn't stop... yes. I'd be extremely disappointed in the outcome, but I'd still laugh at the extreme overreaction.

By the way, you realize that by agreeing with you, you're calling a lot of the people in this thread evil?
Old 2012-11-07, 12:10   Link #2722
james0246

For me, this election cycle will not officially end until I see South Park's interpretation of the election. In 2004 it was Turd Sandwich v. Giant Douche. In 2008 it was Ocean's Eleven meets mass suicidal hysteria (from McCain voters) and crazy debauchery (from Obama supporters). I wonder what it will be this year...
Old 2012-11-07, 12:13   Link #2723
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
For me, this election cycle will not officially end until I see South Park's interpretation of the election. In 2004 it was Turd Sandwich v. Giant Douche. In 2008 it was Ocean's Eleven meets mass suicidal hysteria (from McCain voters) and crazy debauchery (from Obama supporters). I wonder what it will be this year...
More of the same? Especially in Colorado
Old 2012-11-07, 12:14   Link #2724
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
You say our opinion causes America to die. Who isn't respecting whose opinion now? And we aren't making fun of "disappointed Christians", we're making fun of overreacting temper tantrums.
Exactly. Christians who should be role models that lead their fellows into the light.

They are not suppose to govern by the bible and dedicate dogma down to other people's throats.

The conservatives has became the Taliban, no, they have became the Romans.
Old 2012-11-07, 12:21   Link #2725
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Personally, if it was from the extreme zealots who then said America died, that it was a battle of Good and Evil and Evil won, that God was killed, and that they were crying and couldn't stop... yes. I'd be extremely disappointed in the outcome, but I'd still laugh at the extreme overreaction.

Satire. Love it. Extreme people are extreme. All signs point to yes.
Old 2012-11-07, 12:30   Link #2726
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Or, maybe believed in the true Christian (or Muslim) and righteously delivered a smiting to the believer of the false prophet
Old 2012-11-07, 12:31   Link #2727
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
By the way, you realize that by agreeing with you, you're calling a lot of the people in this thread evil?
Um what? I never said that. I don't agree that you made good choices...but I don't think you are "bad" people.

Quote:
Exactly. Christians who should be role models that lead their fellows into the light.
We try and when people throw only hatred in our faces, that just makes us sadder.

Quote:
They are not suppose to govern by the bible
Two major reasons I didn't vote for Obama actually have NOTHING to do with the Bible. 1. letting people take advantage of welfare. 2. Obamacare. Really?

Aside from that, you should take a look at the Ten Commandments and the Laws of the Constitution and COUNT the similarities. Where exactly do you think the whole concept of "right and wrong" even came from?

We all agree that killing is wrong, yes?

Is not removing an innocent human life that has already been created not the same as killing? This is why I question people who are pro-choice.
Old 2012-11-07, 12:41   Link #2728
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Hah, I should be numb to it by now. That will teach me to be optimistic.....and I COMPLETELY agree with Victoria Jackson and you guys making fun of disappointed Christians is NOT cool.

That was not sarcasm. Just because our beliefs differ from yours doesn't mean we don't deserve respect.
That's... pretty much the pot calling the kettle black, given the common Christian/right wing stance against things like gay marriage and gay people in general.

Or healthcare, really. Is that that terrible that a country looks after their fellow citizen? Really?
Old 2012-11-07, 12:43   Link #2729
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Is it wrong to kill a potental life to save a life? Is it wrong to prevent a life of suffering?

In some cases it is the life of the mother or the child...sometimes it is both, where it is possible both will die if allowed to continue. Is it worth losing two lives instead of a potental one? Is it worth allowing a life to enter a world where it is unwanted, or into a life that cannot take care of it. The Mother is responsible for that life in most cases, and if she can't handle it...why make the baby suffer. (if you want you can call it a mercy killing).

You realize they can only do abortions before a certain point in the pregnancy. After that it considered that it could survive and be a life. Before that it is classed as a cluster of cells that cannot live a life (it would be classed as a parasite on the mother if I recall, or a growth of tissue).
Old 2012-11-07, 12:43   Link #2730
sikvod00

Here's a good summary of the various events--and their significance--that took place last night. If you're liberal-leaning, it was a pretty satisfying election: Election 2012: Liberal Schadenfreude Hits Impossible Heights

Quote:
President Obama winning would have satisfied most Democrats, winning decisively in the Electoral College was a bonus. And it only got better for progressives from there as an array of victories, big and small, tangible and symbolic, trickled down in elections and ballot measures around the country.

From a stunning Senate wave to new ballot measures on drugs and gay marriage to meltdowns among their favorite nemeses, Democrats had plenty to rub in conservative’s faces (and they did, often, on Twitter). Here’s a quick rundown of a few of the more savory wins for the left.
Old 2012-11-07, 12:46   Link #2731
Xagzan

Quote:
Um what? I never said that. I don't agree that you made good choices...but I don't think you are "bad" people.

We try and when people throw only hatred in our faces, that just makes us sadder.

Two major reasons I didn't vote for Obama actually have NOTHING to do with the Bible. 1. letting people take advantage of welfare. 2. Obamacare. Really?

Aside from that, you should take a look at the Ten Commandments and the Laws of the Constitution and COUNT the similarities. Where exactly do you think the whole concept of "right and wrong" even came from?

Judaism doesn't get credit for this. Hell, religion doesn't get credit for this. It's ridiculous to think that the ancient Hebrews were the first people ever to condemn just murdering anyone you want.
Old 2012-11-07, 12:51   Link #2732
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Quote:

Is not removing an innocent human life that has already been created not the same as killing? This is why I question people who are pro-choice.
1) Maybe not you, but every day we read about Pastors who declare Obama as the devil, and liberals are evil, and gays are responsible for hurricanes. It is the whole, "he who shout the loudest get the attention". The Mega Church leader who shout hate and preach Armageddon gets all the credit, while the small time pastor lady that married my friend Sandra to her husband are forgotten.

2) It is not role modeling by pushing through restrictive laws in the name of the all mighty. Case in point, the states who literally wanted cross the rape laws to force a metal wand down a girl's privates. What do they hope to gain? Shame a woman from having an abortion?

3)

1. letting people take advantage of welfare.

2. Obamacare

Christians are suppose to support the rich and screw the poor. What is this? The Koch brother edition of the bible? I thought that Moon guy from Korea that ask his congegation to pray for the rich was out of his mind...

4) RE: Tenth commandment - Yes, there are similarities between 10C and U.S Law, but that does not mean U.S should be ruled from a bible. Should I be able to rape a girl then marry her? Bible said yes. Should I be able to stone people to death? Bible said yes. Should I sleep with my sister or daughter? Bible is ok with that too....not to mention of genocide, murder, and slavery....
Old 2012-11-07, 12:52   Link #2733
Chiibi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Or healthcare, really. Is that that terrible that a country looks after their fellow citizen? Really?
No, but is IS terrible that "fellow citizens" don't include anyone 80+ because they "are no longer useful to the economy".

Quote:
In some cases it is the life of the mother or the child...sometimes it is both, where it is possible both will die if allowed to continue.
In this extreme case, I'd make an exception. Then and ONLY then.

Quote:
The Mother is responsible for that life in most cases, and if she can't handle it...why make the baby suffer. (if you want you can call it a mercy killing).
Or....you know, it's called "adoption"? Even if she can't do it officially, she could leave it on the steps of a care center. Someone WILL end up taking it in!

Quote:
Should I be able to rape a girl then marry her? Bible said yes. Should I be able to stone people to death? Bible said yes. Should I sleep with my sister or daughter? Bible is ok with that too....not to mention of genocide, murder, and slavery....
o______O

What edition are you reading!?

Quote:
Christians are suppose to support the rich and screw the poor.
No. I just have a problem with giving people who are too LAZY to get off their ass and find work my hard-earned money, that is all.
Old 2012-11-07, 12:54   Link #2734
Xacual

Quote:
Or....you know, it's called "adoption"? Even if she can't do it officially, she could leave it on the steps of a care center. Someone WILL end up taking it in!
Wait you're against welfare but it's ok for people to dump the kids they have and let someone else take care of them, usually at the cost of the state. You realize that's really contradictory right?

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2012-11-07, 13:00   Link #2735
Chiibi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Wait you're against welfare but it's ok for people to dump the kids they have and let someone else take care of them, usually at the cost of the state. You realize that's really contradictory right?
*sighs* You're not reading in between the lines of my posts.

I said I'm against people who take advantage of welfare.

As in the ones who don't deserve it. Able-bodied people who are completely capable of working!

And it's better to let the state take care of a child instead of killing it.
Old 2012-11-07, 13:07   Link #2736
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
*sighs* You're not reading in between the lines of my posts.

I said I'm against people who take advantage of welfare.

As in the ones who don't deserve it. Able-bodied people who are completely capable of working!

And it's better to let the state take care of a child instead of killing it.
Able-bodied people =/= people able to get a job.
In such day and age, even a completely capable and healthy man can have the short end of a stick, and without welfare, they can rot for all the state can care.
Old 2012-11-07, 13:09   Link #2737
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
The Democrats deserved to lose for they promised nothing but thin air.

However, the Republicans deserved to lose even more since they could not even master the basics of lying in a credible fashion. They have been absolutely pathetic, trying to sabotage the country and blocking any movement and trying to pass the blame. They even have less of a plan than the Dems did. And every time they made some stupid, irrelevant insuation that Obama wasn't of this country, it just represented the bottom of the barrel they they were just plain desperate.

Defeating Obama would have been so easy had they kept those sexist and racist elements down. Maybe actually return to the party to fiscal responsibility and small government instead of thumping a Bible they clearly haven't read. But ever since this neo-con bullshit came along, they've lost their ways. Wanting war with every country that makes a peep isn't fiscally responsible. Encroaching on privacy rights is not small government. Determining what a woman can do with her body is not small government. Ranting about how half the country is entitled and doesn't contribute isn't going to win you any supporters.

I could have made a better platform for them. I'll call it "Obama is a meany poophead that hates America and wants to waste more of your money" There, don't waste 4 more years.

They've become what they've despised the most. They're more liberal than their opponents if we come to the fiscal side. And isn't that the worst insult? And in the end, they took their supporters for granted-- and it bit them in the ass.

They said arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics, even if you win... Well, I say that applies to running for office too.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2012-11-07, 13:13   Link #2738
Chiibi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Able-bodied people =/= people able to get a job.
In such day and age, even a completely capable and healthy man can have the short end of a stick, and without welfare, they can rot for all the state can care.
It doesn't have to be a GOOD job. I would not mind paying taxes to someone on welfare who is stuck flipping burgers, just as long as they are doing something.
Old 2012-11-07, 13:14   Link #2739
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

when do start the "US Election 2014" Thread
Old 2012-11-07, 13:15   Link #2740
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
No, but is IS terrible that "fellow citizens" don't include anyone 80+ because they "are no longer useful to the economy".
Oh, sure, the care bill is still filled with flaws. Mostly to give it even the slightest chance to get it past the republicans.

So, about that part where you asked for respect and the comparison to the christian/right wing stance on gays....

Quote:
o______O

What edition are you reading!?
Deuteronomy 22:28-29, I believe.
Closed Thread