Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2014-10-03, 05:34   Link #3301
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theminimanx View Post
These quotes are comedy gold. Could you tell me where you found them?
He found it in MAL, where the user "Fai" (now called "CookingPriest") posted youtube comments and the like

Also the term "secondaries" is a rather derogatory, it should only mention those who have tunnelvision, are beyond-help ignorant and have stupid preconceptions, etc.

For people who really just don't have time/ don't want to read the VN I'd still rather call them "anime-original-watchers".

That's also a great way to split those two "types" up.
Old 2014-10-03, 05:39   Link #3302
mirakura
Arturia X Tamamo is love~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorhand View Post
Spoiler:

There.

Btw, "secondaries" is hardly a term only the people from MAL use. The first time I saw this word being used was on a blog about secondary Touhou fans many years ago. Anime is secondary source material in this case, so I guess those who only watch the anime are "secondaries".
*Rolls off seat* ahahahhaaha
Old 2014-10-03, 05:40   Link #3303
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:

There, Sakura. Now be content.
Yes, Yes, Ayako focus, It's happening. Ayako route is happening full stream ahead!
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-03, 05:48   Link #3304
Amarantine

Every time I see Ayako I just wonder what Ryougi Shiki is doing in Fate...
Amarantine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-03, 05:58   Link #3305
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarantine View Post
Every time I see Ayako I just wonder what Ryougi Shiki is doing in Fate...
That was Rider's original, castaway design.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-03, 06:01   Link #3306
mirakura

Shiki/Saber= Best pairing :3
Old 2014-10-03, 07:39   Link #3307
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
UBW is Rin's route face it. The main posters were massive Rin and archer with small saber and shirou, they're starting with the prologue again Rin as protagonist, almost every single piece of advertising has Rin as the main focus.
UBW isn't Rin's route, though, not in content. The focus of UBW is on Shirou and Archer, Rin's development is just a secondary plot.

Quote:
Look at the main HF poster, both Alter Saber and Illya (who is massive poster real estate wise) have fair more presence than Saber and Shirou in the primary UBW poster.
Well, Ilya is more-or-less the secondary heroine for HF, so it figures she'll have a big role, and Alter is a HF-specific character.

Quote:
Even Rin has a sizeable presence and your telling me Saber, Illya and Rin, as well as kotomine won't get a sizeable marketing push?
Ilya will, yes. Rin will too, but I'd expect that 90% of the stuff with Rin would also contain Sakura (because her primary role is as Sakura's sister, and her character development during HF is about her relationship to Sakura and their donnection).

Saber, though, I doubt, although Alter will definitely show up (again, though, she will most likely be with Sakura a lot of the time).

Quote:
Your joking right? You can't be this unaware of how advertising works. Sakura isn't even Rin popularity wise, they will use other characters to push HF. She will get the main focus, but it won't be half as Sakura centric as you think. It's not even half as Sakura centric as you think right now.
Well, of course they're going to use other characters as well, but it will mostly be focussed around Sakura (and, to a limited extent, Ilya), and I wouldn't expect an awful lot of promo art for it that doesn't contain Sakura in some manner.

Also, whilst Sakura is indeed less popular than Rin or Saber, HF is her route, and everyone knows that. They're not going to sell it as something different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HtwoN View Post
Also, she will get a huge popularity boost after UBW series. So I expect Rin will show up a lot in HF promo as well.
Of course Rin will show up a lot, but I'd expect most of her appearances to be alongside Sakura, since their relationship is a big part of the route.

Quote:
Saber is a huge mascot of Fate franchise, so she cannot be left out either. That's why she shows up a lot in UBW promos. Sakura is really far from as popular as either Rin or Saber.
Saber's role in HF is minimal, honestly. I'm sure she will show up, but most likely only as part of group shots. I wouldn't expect much if any Shirou/Saber or solo Saber stuff (although perhaps there will be some solo stuff with Saber Alter).
Old 2014-10-03, 08:45   Link #3308
Brother Coa
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry_Lover View Post
Saber's role in HF is minimal, honestly.
Sure... that is why every HF fan refers to her and Shiour's battle in the last day as 'best fight in entire HF arc'. So she doesn't have a small role even in HF.

Even if HF is Sakura's arc I am sure Alter will also be represented properly.

Quote:
Of course Rin will show up a lot, but I'd expect most of her appearances to be alongside Sakura, since their relationship is a big part of the route.
As for this, Sakura really didn't have too much time even beside Rin. And Rin spent most time beside Archer, Shiro and Saber.
Hence while Sakura didn't get PV while Taiga had.
Brother Coa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-03, 09:10   Link #3309
mirakura

But it is the best. And it has a bitter-sweet ending too
Old 2014-10-03, 09:13   Link #3310
Starway

Lol bingo chart on post 94.
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1281729&show=80

Ps how do you copy images
Starway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-03, 09:33   Link #3311
Lorhand

Credit goes to mAc Chaos from Beast's Lair.

And not sure what you mean, copying images. If you want to embed images, do [img ] link [/img ].
Lorhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-03, 09:43   Link #3312
HtwoN

This "which route focus on what character" again.

I feel a little tired to join right now. Waiting desperately for the prologue. Let's talk about popularity only.

In my opinion, popularity is the reason why Ufotable chose to adapt UBW into a series, not HF, although UBW already has a movie which more or less spoils its contents.

In UBW, the "unbeatable trio" have their share of awesomeness. Rin is good, as always. Archer gets his story. Saber has her development in a more subtle way and has an ending for her struggle. In addition, Shirou is badass in UBW too. So is Lancer.

And UBW has 1 important popular element: Gil. If you ask the fans and "secondaries" that they would like which character to be a villain beside Kirei, almost all (if not all) will pick Gil instead of Zouken.

HF is a good route, but it's not really better than UBW. However, it is clear that UBW has more appeal. So UBW won the day for the anime series adaption.

Also, I don't think HF movie(s) will get as much promos as UBW does now. They don't need to introduce a character twice, especially after a TV series. A (some) promo(s) about Sakura and Rider and they are done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirakura View Post
But it is the best. And it has a bitter-sweet ending too
What are you talking about?

Bitter sweet? HF's normal ending? Ok, I hope they go for this ending. Keeping servant and having another body are too cliche for my taste.
HtwoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-03, 09:49   Link #3313
GDB

Quote:
What are you talking about?

Bitter sweet? HF's normal ending? Ok, I hope they go for this ending. Keeping servant and having another body are too cliche for my taste.
You'll get used to it, but almost anything she posts is directly related to Saber unless otherwise stated. And when HF comes up, Saber's death is the only part that matters to her.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-03, 09:55   Link #3314
HtwoN

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
You'll get used to it, but almost anything she posts is directly related to Saber unless otherwise stated. And when HF comes up, Saber's death is the only part that matters to her.
Oh, I get it.

Btw, I can't get used to that. I never touched the True end in HF. What is the point of nine lives when you can be resurrected after using them all.
HtwoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-03, 09:55   Link #3315
Starway

Quote:
Credit goes to mAc Chaos from Beast's Lair.

And not sure what you mean, copying images. If you want to embed images, do [img ] link [/img ].
Thank you
Starway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-03, 10:04   Link #3316
mirakura

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I like Dark Sakura, Rider & Saber Alter as well All Saber's ending(exclude UBW good) are bitter sweet
Old 2014-10-03, 11:02   Link #3317
cyberdemon

Quote:
Not going to happen. The one with Rider sticking around and Shirou getting a new body is called the "true End" for a reason. Just like they are going to most likely go with the ending to UBW where Saber disappears because that is the one that is labeled "true end".
Old 2014-10-03, 11:28   Link #3318
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Coa View Post
Sure... that is why every HF fan refers to her and Shiour's battle in the last day as 'best fight in entire HF arc'. So she doesn't have a small role even in HF.
Sure, but that is one fight in the entire route. Aside from that, Alter has a very limited role.

Quote:
Even if HF is Sakura's arc I am sure Alter will also be represented properly.
I'm sure she'll be represented, yes, but Sakura will definitely be the focus.

Quote:
As for this, Sakura really didn't have too much time even beside Rin. And Rin spent most time beside Archer, Shiro and Saber.
No, but thematically, Rin's involvement in HF is related to Sakura, not to Archer or Shirou. So, I'd expect most of the promo material to involve them as a pair, particularly given that they've already done UBW.

Quote:
Also, I don't think HF movie(s) will get as much promos as UBW does now. They don't need to introduce a character twice, especially after a TV series. A (some) promo(s) about Sakura and Rider and they are done.
Of course it will get promos. They have to advertise the movie. However, you're right that they likely won't repeat stuff from UBW too much, which is why I'd expect Shirou and Rin to show up mostly alongside Sakura, and would be very surprised if there is much Shirou/Saber stuff.

Quote:
I bloody hope they don't do that, and I will be seriously pissed-off if they do.

I don't see Sakura fans demanding that UBW end with Shirou dying and Rin being forever depressed, so don't bloody ask for that for Sakura's ending.
Old 2014-10-03, 11:43   Link #3319
mirakura

Lol @ Last comment. Alter had 2 fights :3

It's still Saber, she's gonna be advertised anyway. True ends are so harsh to our tragic heroine

Still, super hyped! Airing in 23hrs-
Old 2014-10-03, 15:38   Link #3320
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

18 hours, 22 mins left until it airs.

Tags
heaven's feel, ubw, ufotable