AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2014-10-19, 12:00   Link #41
m4rc0s

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
Okay, I found myself some translations on tumblr, but I'm not sure I can post the link here or if that's forbidden. Hope somebody could give me a short yes or no explanantion on that matter. Translations are about 57-67 and the quality is not so great but good enough to understand what is going on. If you would like to read ten WT chapters packed with action in a row let me know per pm. Guess link per pm is alllowed, right?

And sorry for the triple post.^^
please if you can, send me a pm with the links, i believe if you post here will be against the rules but with PM is ok .
Old 2014-10-19, 12:12   Link #42
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4rc0s View Post
please if you can, send me a pm with the links, i believe if you post here will be against the rules but with PM is ok .
Posting a link to a licensed manga is not okay. Sending a link to a licensed manga via PM is not okay either. (See General Rule 1.0 and 1.1)

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-19, 12:52   Link #43
James Rye

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Posting a link to a licensed manga is not okay. Sending a link to a licensed manga via PM is not okay either. (See General Rule 1.0 and 1.1)
Okay, got it.
Sorry, m4rc0s. :/
Hope you can find iton your own, just search through a couple forums, you might find the link there.^^
James Rye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-20, 12:09   Link #44
Triok123

seven segond to go, and according to mira osamu will take at leat 20 segond to arrive to the HQ....sooo keep expecting to see osamu bloodshed XD
Triok123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-20, 17:07   Link #45
James Rye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triok123 View Post
seven segond to go, and according to mira osamu will take at leat 20 segond to arrive to the HQ....sooo keep expecting to see osamu bloodshed XD
Yeah, he probably won't get away unscratched. Also Miwa and Yuuma are both launching ranged attacks nearby where Osamu is with Fujin and Bolts and Replica's guidance. All of that plus Hyrein, an elite captain, going in for the kill will surely leave a mark on Osamu.

I believe Osamu will get injured but survives albeit he has to spend time in the hospital. This way we might also get insight of the way of how Trion gets used for medical reason. For example Osamu could get a limb made of Trion, just an example.

I still think that Tachikawa Kei's eyes are Trion technology. That grid pattern just isn't normal. Maybe he was born blind or lost his eye sight in the first invasion?
Old 2014-10-23, 11:47   Link #46
Triok123

Quote:
Yeah, he probably won't get away unscratched. Also Miwa and Yuuma are both launching ranged attacks nearby where Osamu is with Fujin and Bolts and Replica's guidance. All of that plus Hyrein, an elite captain, going in for the kill will surely leave a mark on Osamu.

I believe Osamu will get injured but survives albeit he has to spend time in the hospital. This way we might also get insight of the way of how Trion gets used for medical reason. For example Osamu could get a limb made of Trion, just an example.

I still think that Tachikawa Kei's eyes are Trion technology. That grid pattern just isn't normal. Maybe he was born blind or lost his eye sight in the first invasion?
just saw spoiler..
Spoiler:
Old 2014-10-24, 05:50   Link #47
James Rye

Quote:
just saw spoiler..
Spoiler:
Saw it too. Meaning we will most likely
Spoiler for spoiler stuff about ch.80+:

Hopefully next week WT gets out of the Bottom five, it sucks seeing it so low. Especially when you see the interview of Hattori, its Editor, saying that it got first place a couple times in the TOC and yet you never saw WT getting first place in it due editor-in-chief reasonings...
Old 2014-10-24, 12:25   Link #48
Triok123

i just want to kill autor for killing replica....WT won't the same without him.....kill chika, kill osamu, kill everysingle character, but just take replica back..!!!!
Old 2014-10-26, 18:32   Link #49
Jun pls

Quote:
Come to think of it, will Jin now form his own team or will he join Reiji's team? Or will he wait till Osamu team gets A-level and join them? So far he seems to be a one-man team even as an A-class agent.
Or he kicks the bucket sooner or later.
Imo he as a huge deathflag swinging around.
I think even Ashihara wrote on a character thingy inside the manga that "Jin's too convenient so it's a problem"

Welp, I hope that's not the case since he's one of my faves but, well...my favourites tend to die in manga orz

Shion -- Senyuu
Jun pls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-26, 19:21   Link #50
m4rc0s

i just checked the chapter 80 and i dont believe that replica died , he went to the other world with Hyrein and the portal girl (dont remember her name) after he hack the ship.
the "mini replica" stopped working because the link with the main body was cut.
we may see replica again, maybe they will use replica to make a alliance with the Earth Border, because is clearly that Hyorin's world have a lot of problems and since they know of Border's power they may want to make them allies instead of enemies.

Last edited by m4rc0s; 2014-10-26 at 20:20.
m4rc0s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-27, 16:11   Link #51
Triok123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jun pls View Post
Or he kicks the bucket sooner or later.
Imo he as a huge deathflag swinging around.
I think even Ashihara wrote on a character thingy inside the manga that "Jin's too convenient so it's a problem"

Welp, I hope that's not the case since he's one of my faves but, well...my favourites tend to die in manga orz
i don't think jin will die anysoon, don't know where i read, but the autor said that he want to make jin have some dark side....
Old 2014-10-27, 16:50   Link #52
James Rye

I have my money on Jin dieing though. Somebody who can see the future, a very convenient side ability. Why should he be able to see his own death or somebody meet somebody who he sees killing him? Would make it an pretty interesting experience to not foresee the own victory but your own death and wonder if you can change it or if whatever you are doing is just done to get to said death.

Also i think we should all put the Replica stuff in spoiler. Not everyone reads the raw or pays for Viz translations.
Old 2014-10-29, 17:06   Link #53
James Rye

Spoilers out for Chapter 81!

Spoiler for Spoiler pic of chapter 81 - A6 agents:

Spoiler for Spoiler stuff about chapter 81:

Well, it was a aftermath chapter, but a nicely one done. We got couple new character introduced. got told the numbers of what has happened and seen a couple bits of relationships between some characters. Sadly we had nearly none of the MCs apparently in this chapter but I guess that's due them getting their own chapter after this one. After all Yuuma, Osamu and Chika got quite some issues to sort out with Replica gone, Osamu getting injured and Chika getting cubefied.
Old 2014-10-30, 14:39   Link #54
Triok123

just finished 81..
Spoiler:
Old 2014-11-01, 17:32   Link #55
James Rye

Quote:
just finished 81..
Spoiler:
Yep, agree that Border gonna have some problems the coming days if they do nothing in "that" regard.

Spoiler for chapter 81 talk:

Now I'd like to talk about the fanservice of World Trigger:

There is none.

With Kago-san who got introduced this chapter we pretty much got what could be considered "sexy woman" in the WT universe. And she had no huge knockers with giant clevage nor big butt or an armor that exposes her chest/back/stomach. In other words:
She was reasonable clothed like all other girls so far and her body looked normal as well for her age.

I think, Ashiahra is avoiding fanservice as for one his art style doesn't quite fit "flashy and sexy" but more "consistent and calm" plus I also think that he doesn't want to do that as he might think that would "cheapen" the story he wants to tell. He wants the reader to focus on the world building and characters not on which girl got an G-cup.
Even his neighbor Woman was fully clothed like any man.

I am used to fanservice in shounen battle manga, they are basically standard there. No matter if One Piece, Bleach, Naruto, Fairy Tail or any X-shounen battle manga, you usually have at least one big-boobed sexy goddess. As well as bikinis, bikini armor (Literally XD), armor that has for some reasona giant cleavage where the heart and lungs are, "nude" scenes in bathrooms/Onsen/during battle scenes when the clothes of the women get ripped in certain parts, panel close-up shots of the boobs and butts when the woman is talking and so on.

I doubt we get to see any "accidently into bathroom" scene and if it won't be done to look sexy.

Not that I am against Ashihara saying "nope" to fanservice.
For me fanservice is like cake. Some is damn tasty and then you want more, but if you get it constantly you get sick of it. If a female character ends up to provide more fanservice than support in battle or even be at the same fighting level than the guys and always needs o be saved or always ends inan accident with the male MC seeing her panties, touching her boobs/butts, etc then it starts to feel "cheap". As in "look, she got big bouncy boobs, like it pervs!". XD

I'm kind of glad that WT remains a fanservice-free shounen battle manga. In that regards it reminds me of HunterxHunter, though HxH couldn't quite provide much female fanservice as it didn't had many females in the main cast to begin with.^^;

In WT it feels like the girls/woman will play an equal important part as the guys and not be used like usually in most shounen battle mangas as support, battle watchers, hostage and such.
We got Konami who seems to be on par in fighting power with Jin and Kei. We have seen several girls in both A and B teams. Chika is probably the only human in Border who got such a monster level trion amount. And Kago-san and Kuroe-chan seems like opponents that will make it hard for Osamu, Yuuma and Chika (and future teamamtes like Izuho?) to get chosen as expedition members.
Sure we have seen mostly girls and woman as operators aka supporters for the in-field agents and expect one woman the high-ups are males, but if we get engineers and scientists and doctors and such introduced I am sure we will get to see more woman in leading positions in those departments.

For now I would be more happy though if some translator group picks up this manga and translates chapter 56-81 than seeing more girls being treated as women and not as over-sexualized fantasies, but it looks like no group gives a shit about WT. Not popular enough. :/
Old 2014-11-01, 18:09   Link #56
ellifeedn
Thinker

Speaking of Hunter X Hunter, do you feel that the battles are just as analytical? All the characters planning and thinking about their opponents and how to counter the next move.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-02, 05:06   Link #57
Triok123

Quote:
Yep, agree that Border gonna have some problems the coming days if they do nothing in "that" regard.

he probably forsaw Hyuse surrendering. But for Hyuse broke a world apart when he got left behind. he did everything as ordered and then got left behind like an unwanted dog. :C

Replica... it is unsure if Replica is dead or just shut down or maybe even self-destructed to prevent the Aftkrators taking infos outta him. :/
I doubt that Replica is gone for good, but my hopes aren't high that we will see Replica surviving, even if there is a rescue arc. He is too imba with his analyse and copy skill coupled with Yuuma's battle experience and fighting power.

About the C-agents, if Border waits too long those kids might be brainwashed to the point of no return or are already with inserted Horns which seems to be a slow death sentence given what Moira said to Enedra when she killed him.
[/SPOILER]

Now I'd like to talk about the fanservice of World Trigger:

There is none.

With Kago-san who got introduced this chapter we pretty much got what could be considered "sexy woman" in the WT universe. And she had no huge knockers with giant clevage nor big butt or an armor that exposes her chest/back/stomach. In other words:
She was reasonable clothed like all other girls so far and her body looked normal as well for her age.

I think, Ashiahra is avoiding fanservice as for one his art style doesn't quite fit "flashy and sexy" but more "consistent and calm" plus I also think that he doesn't want to do that as he might think that would "cheapen" the story he wants to tell. He wants the reader to focus on the world building and characters not on which girl got an G-cup.
Even his neighbor Woman was fully clothed like any man.

I doubt we get to see any "accidently into bathroom" scene and if it won't be done to look sexy.

We got Konami who seems to be on par in fighting power with Jin and Kei. We have seen several girls in both A and B teams. Chika is probably the only human in Border who got such a monster level trion amount. And Kago-san and Kuroe-chan seems like opponents that will make it hard for Osamu, Yuuma and Chika (and future teamamtes like Izuho?) to get chosen as expedition members.
Sure we have seen mostly girls and woman as operators aka supporters for the in-field agents and expect one woman the high-ups are males, but if we get engineers and scientists and doctors and such introduced I am sure we will get to see more woman in leading positions in those departments.

For now I would be more happy though if some translator group picks up this manga and translates chapter 56-81 than seeing more girls being treated as women and not as over-sexualized fantasies, but it looks like no group gives a shit about WT. Not popular enough. :/

yeah that's actually true, we haven't seem any fanservice scene so far, with is good in that term, is more realistic, i mean you don't get a peeking girl luck everyday, and a bikini armor is not the most eficient way to protect youself.
and i don't think konami is in same league as jin or kei...she may be strong and stuffs..but i thinks those two have the highest bar......
Old 2014-11-02, 10:34   Link #58
James Rye

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
Speaking of Hunter X Hunter, do you feel that the battles are just as analytical? All the characters planning and thinking about their opponents and how to counter the next move.
Yes and no.
Yes as in that they share many similarities in the fights as Border agents have to make the best use of their skills/weapons avaiable similar to Hunters while at the same time figure out quickly what the enemy abilities are and how to counter them. In HxH you got told to keep your abilities secret as an unknown ability can be very useful, same goes for fights in WT. The invasion arc is full of battles were abilities known and unkown to each other can change the flow of a battle, some abilties work better against others then other abilities and such.
I am not sure how far you have read the raw so I won't spoiler you too much, but the fight of Kazama's Unit vs Enedra, Jin vs Hyuse or Yuuma vs Viza and several other battles were built upon finding out what the other is capable off (often with losses) and how to counter some skills (which was really well-done, it shows how much information can influence somebody's style of fighting and that some skills which are though to be imba can suddenly turn into a counter-attack oppurtunity! <3).

And no, as in type of organisation which does influence the battle greatly.
HxH was an organisation where its members were independent mostly. They could do whatever job they wanted, they could do whatever they want to achieve and they were mostly chasing their own life goals.
In WT Border is no "elite mercenary" organisation with like ten rules (haha XD) but an "army" that tries to raise elite warriors for its purpose to defend earth (although it looks like Kido might have another purpose for Border but we all we got in that regard was a hint from Jin's foresight).
Hunters worked mostly alone and changed teams pretty often for whatever job they applied, Agents on the other hand needs squads if they want to be ranked and even IF they want to fight alone they still need an Operator to be allowed to join the rank wars of A and B level. In C they get trained and fight solo matches to raise their trion ability by using it as often as possible so that their power can grow to an size useable for B-class. In HxH we had the Nen for that, although you could also become a Hunter while not knowing much about Nen. Nen is basically the Trion in WT, EVERYBODY got it BUT once you grow up it cannot grow anyfurther either, so Border tries to get lots of teens to train them into Trion high levels.

For that, we see the biggest difference betwen HxH where freedom was important and Border where discipline is most important. We see Agents who WANT to fight but gt ordered to retreat due reasonable reasoning and who have to obey, we see Agents fighting in squads following orders from more experienced squad leaders or higher ranking agents while we also see agents from different squads fighting together to join their abilities to defeat a common enemy. In HxH we really only had such a thing in the chimera ant arc and there we got plently of cases where the Hunters acted upon their emotions or own goals instead of following the plan. In Border we get such things as well, but usually they come at a price. Osamu paid a very big price when he disobeyed a rule of safety in regards to his trion body to protect Chika. :/

Still Agents are no emotionless soldier machines, they follow their own credo and you know when they like or not like to do something. But sometimes it just makes sense to retreat when a superstrong enemy attacks instead to go on the counterattack. Like with that incident where Kite got killed by Neferpitou. Gon wouldn't followed Kite's order and thus later blamed himself for his death. In Border after suffering a big loss, the agents would get the Order to retreat to regroup or to lure the enemy into a sniper trap and such.

In other words, team work is far more important in Border than it is in HxH. HxH is all about the individual while Border is all about the team and which team makes hte best uses of his members abilities.

Hope that helps to clearify stuff.^^

Quote:
yeah that's actually true, we haven't seem any fanservice scene so far, with is good in that term, is more realistic, i mean you don't get a peeking girl luck everyday, and a bikini armor is not the most eficient way to protect youself.
and i don't think konami is in same league as jin or kei...she may be strong and stuffs..but i thinks those two have the highest bar......
Yep, even in WOW female charas get more and more full-clothed armor. I still remember the time when females had bikini armor while males obviously didn't. But now with so many woman and girls playing WOW they had to adapt as girls don't react so well to fanservice intended for males like boys would go ehhh when seeing half-nude guys posing in sexy underwear. xD

I thought Konami is in the same league as Jin and Kei as she is not an A-rank Agent, but from the "strongest Border team" while Jin and Kei are both ranked A agents. Also Konami was part of Border even before Jin (and most likely Kei as well)!!! Plus her special trigger that allows her to make maximum use of her trion compared to the normal mass-produced triggers of Border.
So yeah, I for one would count her on the same if not even stronger league than Jin and Kei. I bet in a one-on-one fight against those two she would win pretty often.
Old 2014-11-03, 14:32   Link #59
James Rye

Since the chapter 56-58 got uploaded in english, I will give my 5 cents to what I think of them. Surely the quality is not the best, but given time it might get better with more practise. For now I am just happy to have a couple translated WT chapters to read and talk about.^^

Chapter 56

What I liked about this chapter was that it showed us how Kikuchihara, who was always very arrogant in almost every scene we have seen him till now even more than Kitora, was actually th "lame guy" in Border. He had a sideability and then it was a "useless" C ranked one. I liked that we get to see the rankings of the side-abilities who don't seem to be that rare, albeit I have a hard time to imagine sideabilities for A and B rank. C is Kikuchihara's amazing ears while Jin's side effect to forsee the future is defintely a S-class ability. Pretty sure we get to see other agents, most likely among the A and B ones, who got A, B and C abilities. And maybe one more S sideeffect for good measure.

I was surprised to see Usami working for Team Kazama in the past as operator = working for HQ branch. Or maybe this was before Usami left for Tamakoma or Kazama said he wants to work for HQ and Usami didn't wanted to. That does seem to tell that teams can fall apart or new ones can easily be build up in the rank wars. Ashihara himself said that the team number varies in the rank wars as new might form while others might stop being a team.
I like that, it might mean that someday Team Osamu might have a member leaving them or that new ones will join them and such. A good system to keep the "blood" fresh in the teams, till they had found the perfect team for themselves.

Also this chapter showed how important Operators are, given that without Usami's programm they would not have been able to share Kikuchi's enhanced ear sense. Though why are all operators girls so far? It does kind of make sense as I guess not a lot of girls would like to fight in the frontfield but I would have expected a couple more guy operators as well. Maybe Team Osamu will get a male operator?

This whole thinking and guessing what the opponent is trying to do or what his skills are or to find out what abilities they could and such reminded me a lot of HxH where it was also important to hide your assests till you made full use of them, at best surprising your enemy and taking him out. Here we had Enedra being confused how they were able to avoid getting hit by his attacks, till he tried it out with several fake ones to see that they were indeed able to hear from where he would attack. Team Kazama was waiting for Enedra to get impatient as they could easily see what a prideful and arrogant person their enemy is. With impatience they would get their opening for a one-strike kill, so they thought.
Enedra on the other hand seemed to give them what they wanted and Kazama took his hit with one blow and battle was over. But enedra had a surprise for Kazama in spare as his whole body was the trigger and not just a part of him, taking Kazama by surprise. Kazama was then "killed" by liquid blades inside his own combat body. Just like that. Just because he had not known one of his enemy's skills and got too close for what seemed a certain kill while in truth was just a trap to lure him in.

Now here comes a difference to HxH though. In HxH we often had then that when a friend/comrade got defeated the others would get "revenge" for him by somehow beating the opponent now that they knew more of his abilities. Pretty often they get told to run which ofc mostly they do not run away and then we get another battle.
in WT we have more "discipline" as we will see in the next chapter.
What is the biggest difference though is that in HxH the MCs had to fight and figure out their enemy at the same time, here we got besides that a whole role completely focused on supporting the fighters and analysing the enemy through the feedback they get from the trion bodies of the team they operate for. I like that as I usually don't see it as that easy to defend/attakc/etc while trying to think what the other guy/woman is capable off and how to defeat somebody you don't know everything about yet.

Chapter 57

Nice color page, red and black fits good to give the humanoid neighbors a dangerous/evil feeling.

I like how Enedra tries to rile Kikuchihara and Utagawa up to get them to attack him. And most likely would have succeeded to do so if it were not for Kazama ordering them to get out and talked some sense into them. I liked how Kazama used the example of a B-agent who Kikuchihara had uhm been quite frank with "you're weak after all" to tell those two that a B-agent was a "better agent", in the sense of following reason, logic and orders, than them who were hungry for revenge for their captain.
But they pulled out after all, showing Enedra that he does not deal with hot-blooded warriors but calculating fighters.

I wonder how long it takes till somebody can reform his combat body? Osamu was able to call forth his trion body twice on that day wheere the Marmods attacked his school, although he was unable to call his raygust. Maybe it depends from person to person?

Although we haven't seen Kou's fight, we can already see that he is darn impressive alright. He by himself was able to hold 3 rabits attention and not get killed by them. Seeing his body cracked and an arm lost did tell us though that killing all threee was too much for him. Still what he did was as if not more impressive than how Kitora dealt with that one rabit. He has the title as 4th best melee fighter not for nothing and that as B agent!

Guess he is another example of the free team system. I bet many A teams scouted him to join them but he wanted to stay with his team though with them he only reached B-8 rank so far. I'm sure we get to see more of him and that he will be the first melee fighter to give Yuuma trouble.

And then came Kei.....man, that guy really is on an entirely different level. Hard to believe he is not S-class with such skills and power.

He killed three rabits in the blink of an eye with his Senkuu option of his trigger, wow. This does show how differently teams operate like Kazama's stealth and analysing team while Kei by himself just crushes his opponents with sherr power. That armor that withstood Scorpion blades easily was like paper to his Kogetsu.

And then he asked for the rankings of who killed how many. XD
This did give it some sort of sport or game feeling which sort of makes sense. You don't get teens to join if all you promise them is blood and death of their comrades while protecting your town. Not dieing and seeing that you get rewards for kills and such sure must be a good motivation for many agents. Although i think this invasion was the first time Border had to fight such a large amount of enemies as well as humanoid enemies. I think many B and even some A agents will think differently from their job now on.

Was that a playstation or an xbox besides Yuu? <.<

And here's the biggest difference to HxH. HxH is about elite fighters fighting each other in groups depending on the situation but usually they can act indepently. Here we get a commander who orders many soldiers where to go, who to support, which area to protect and so on. We might get something similar in HxH with its newest arc where a large amount of people are setting off for the dark continent but for now WT has more "war-like" features than HxH. That's not essentiel a good or bad thing, but it is a different one from the other battle mangas in Jump. One I hope people might start to like (or where I fear people will hate).

I wanna know where Karasawa was on his business trip? Did he meet CEOS? Politicans? Military guys? Was he on a comic convention to buy mangas? >.<

And Amou again, defeats an entire Trion soldier army off-screen and is shown in the smoking remains, munching chips. XD
Maaaan, I really wanna see his black trigger ability, must be some sort of nuke from what I can see so far.

Jin talking about the futures he sees is always good and he got a big bomb right there!
He had seen a possible future where Osamu dies!
Interesting to note that he names it the worst future meaning he is either ordering them himself by the result or he could see a bit further into those possible future and saw that Osamu dieing meant bad business for him. Maybe Chika would leave Border after losing Osamu/Osamu dieing for her or maybe Yuuma would see less reason to be with Border and leaves for other worlds, who knows. What we know is that Jin said osamu dieing is the worst future, heck even Chika's capture was just the second-to -worst future compared to that.
I think this has something to do with what Jin told to kido that Osamu and Yuuma will become a valuable asset for Kido's future plans. With osamu dead this asset would be gone as well.

Anyway, onto ch.58!

Arashiyama was more shocked by those news than Yuuma. Maybe it is due Yuuma already have seen much death though it might be just that Jun really holds a good opinion of Osamu and doesn't want him to die, that's all. Mitsuru seems pretty relaxed though by those news, still the logcial thinker of the team.^^

I liked how Hyuse was surprised to see "bending bullets". His own nation never developed such a trigger nor seem they have encountered such a nation before. This could tell us that Border is actually pretty advanced in trigger technology but that they are lacking the hands and ressources yet to put that technology to its best use.

Old man Viza stops battle maiden Konami's hit just like that and with just a grin of his make her jump back to a safe distance! O-O
Yup, badass old man trope confirmed.

DAYUM! Hyuse's railgun weapon looks so much out of Halo universe as if Master Chief would jump in, do a pose and say "jo" - I want it!!!
And damn, is it fast. You see how the background distorted around his shot? Wow.
Magnetic power sure is strong when he can lift Chika up like that even if she is a small girl. Gj, Osamu, not letting another guy "catch" Chika. XD

And here comes again the whole "analyse and react and get the enemy to do what you want him to do to surpise him just to notice that he had a countermeasure up"-similarity with HxH!
Kyousuke shots Hyuse with Viper like before, Hyuse engulfs himself with a full shield to avoid getting hit, he can't see Reiji approaching and BASHING through his shield with his fist!!! And while Reiji did landed a nice blow it was not enough to take Hyuse out as he took some damage away thanks to his trigger which ofc Reiji took notice off and immediatley tried to think what would be best for this type of situation, resulting in his order for Kyousuke to retreat with osamu, Chika and the other c-agents.

I liked how he as well as SHinoda prioritized Chika and the other c-agents safety over the advantage of numbers to maybe take the neighbors out putting chika and the others at risk. I think we might get many such situation in the future, maybe even stuff like Kido or Shinoda ordering a team to hold off a wave of enemies to allow the rest of the troop to fall back and reorganize - 3 vs 100, or something like that. XD

Miwa gets shown how he has dealt with a rabit on his own. Those heavy bullets sure are very useful, I could see them getting more popular among Border's Gunners after this arc.

Back to Ranbein vs B-agents. Ranbein sure is fearless but given his many tiny shields who protect him well against the sniper's shots, he can walk around in the middle of the streets for all he wants to. xD
And here we get to see Izumi, Midorikawa and Yoneya who will engage Ranbei together with the B-agent. I like this battle a lot! Can't wait to see it fully translated (in english, not in french like it got done on batoto). Teams seem not only to train among themsleves but also with other teams, all three of them are each from a different team yet they already seem to have no problem following the order of Izumi as well as how to respond to each other when it comes down to that battle.
Which reminds me of how Kazama has not allowed the B-agent fighter to join the fray against the rabit and what reasoning he used. Kazama would probably had less problems if a sniper or gunner supported him as he could order him where to shot when and such though his chamelon trigger option makes it possible for snipers and gunners to hit him and his team as it seemed to have happen in that fight against Jin.

Hah, reading three WT chapters in english, what a treat! <3
Seems to be the last update for quite a while though. Maybe I should start to learn french and read the chapter 59-80 on french. <.<

What were your thoughts on those chapters given that they were given attention to mostly side characters?
Old 2014-11-03, 16:50   Link #60
ellifeedn
Thinker

I don't worry about spoilers, especially since I listen to a podcast where two guys talk about Shounen Jump series. They love this series, but I just think the series is okay. Also, I cannot keep track of all the side characters that show up. Too many too soon.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, shounen stargate