AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-06-07, 21:31   Link #21
rladls716
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Saten: Misaki's cast is still in effect right? I don't know if Misaki commanded or forced Saten to forget about Mikoto. So if Touma negates it, wouldn't that return her to normal?

Xochitl: The fake Unabara Mitsuki, is it not the same magic? Remember when Touma punched fake Mitsuki?

Just guessing not sure if it is.
rladls716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 22:04   Link #22
Haigon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Recife
Quote:
Originally Posted by rladls716 View Post
Saten: Misaki's cast is still in effect right? I don't know if Misaki commanded or forced Saten to forget about Mikoto. So if Touma negates it, wouldn't that return her to normal?
But Misaki's power works like a "cast"? I mean, she could just "reprogrammed" the memories, in the Civil War is stated that Touma can "negate magical fire, but not the ashes". If Misaki's power is a lingering effect than Touma negates, if what is done is done, he can't do much thing.
Haigon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 22:25   Link #23
leukrota
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
if Touma touch Xochitl she would be dead.
Dunno about that. Grimoires are supposed to be really powerful, to the point that they seem to have a life of their own.

Maybe they could be "restrained" if touched by Touma, but I doubt they would get disassembled/dispelled... Otherwise the Church would want to hire him to clean at least the most dangerous ones.
leukrota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 22:52   Link #24
OverNOut
The Obsever
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Classified
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haigon View Post
Can Imagine Breaker restore the memories?

Wasn't it unable to negate after-effects of supernatural origin (i.e. heal a burn caused by a magical fire)?
Imagine Breaker did managed to restored the memories erased using Ars Magna so I don't see a reason why it wouldn't restore it.
OverNOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-08, 00:52   Link #25
dniv
I知 sorry, Kamijou-san!!
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverNOut View Post
Imagine Breaker did managed to restored the memories erased using Ars Magna so I don't see a reason why it wouldn't restore it.
This might be a slightly different situation, but when Misaki was controlling that girl in NT 7, Touma made sure not to touch her because she would recover control... but that's a continued control.

Touma/Saten meeting might be just to troll, but we'll see. I hope she finds out about the Misaka network honestly. It would make for better future arcs in my opinion.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-08, 01:46   Link #26
whitecloud
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
you know...im just thinking..why touma never think of wearing a glove?
__________________
Friends are nice.......
whitecloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-08, 03:55   Link #27
dniv
I知 sorry, Kamijou-san!!
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
you know...im just thinking..why touma never think of wearing a glove?
IB would work through a glove. IB is supernatural power it would still work. This is because a glove is made of molecules and there are small gaps in the fiber that IB would work through. Also, if Touma needed to use IB in case the glove actually worked, his reflexes would be slower and considering the amount of danger he is usually in, it could be fatal.

Last edited by dniv; 2013-06-08 at 04:29.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-08, 06:08   Link #28
OverNOut
The Obsever
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Classified
Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
IB would work through a glove. IB is supernatural power it would still work. This is because a glove is made of molecules and there are small gaps in the fiber that IB would work through. Also, if Touma needed to use IB in case the glove actually worked, his reflexes would be slower and considering the amount of danger he is usually in, it could be fatal.
Do you mean slower reflex due to him needing to take off the glove?
If yes then he could always just sacrifice the glove (most supernatural attack would destroy it and then the attack will come into contact with Imagine Breaker) in order to negate the attack.
OverNOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-08, 06:50   Link #29
dniv
I知 sorry, Kamijou-san!!
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverNOut View Post
Do you mean slower reflex due to him needing to take off the glove?
If yes then he could always just sacrifice the glove (most supernatural attack would destroy it and then the attack will come into contact with Imagine Breaker) in order to negate the attack.
In the instant that the glove needs to burn, whatever high energy he is blocking will touch the other parts of his body briefly and cause huge damage if it is moving at supersonic speeds like in NT7 before it is negated...
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-08, 08:11   Link #30
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Age: 30
Actually, I don't really think the use of gloves, no matter how "magical" or "scientific" (ehem) the implications might be, IB will just work like it does...
__________________
I like to run portable on my dude, so I ran while running runs in my portably portable, dude-like dude.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-08, 08:31   Link #31
OverNOut
The Obsever
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Classified
Well, Touma only wore gloves during the WWIII arc and when he used Imagine Breaker to negate Fiamma's sword, the glove was gone and we don't even know whether he took it off or it was destroyed.
But remember in Volume 1, he removed the bandages on his right hand so that he could use Imagine Breaker to negate the spell on Index.

Quote:
Still smiling, he removed the white bandages thoroughly wrapped around his right hand.

It was as if he removed a seal from the hand.
OverNOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-08, 08:49   Link #32
dniv
I知 sorry, Kamijou-san!!
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverNOut View Post
Well, Touma only wore gloves during the WWIII arc and when he used Imagine Breaker to negate Fiamma's sword, the glove was gone and we don't even know whether he took it off or it was destroyed.
But remember in Volume 1, he removed the bandages on his right hand so that he could use Imagine Breaker to negate the spell on Index.
True... I think Kamachi didn't know how it worked yet.

We can also say maybe that Touma had never used it before on magic at that point... so he wanted to be sure it would work by doing this.

What you say makes me wonder though.

Maybe if it's a special material it would work. In WWIII he would have frozen otherwise, so I understand lol
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-08, 14:35   Link #33
Primary Consult
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by rladls716 View Post
Xochitl: The fake Unabara Mitsuki, is it not the same magic? Remember when Touma punched fake Mitsuki?
Just guessing not sure if it is.
It is the same magic for the shapeshift, however she also has a grimoire original that has replaced a chunk of her normal body, and that would be affected by IB.

Of course Etzali removed it and she survived, so probably the same would have happened if Touma touched her. So we know he *can't* touch her in the manga or her role in Vol. 15 can't happen .
Primary Consult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-08, 14:56   Link #34
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primary Consult View Post
Of course Etzali removed it and she survived, so probably the same would have happened if Touma touched her.
Etzali remove it after mastering the Grimorie. The difference between how Etzali did it and how Touma's IB would have done it is how a surgeon works and how a butcher works.
__________________

Last edited by Xellos-_^; 2013-06-08 at 20:12.
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-08, 20:03   Link #35
GundamZZ
残念美人
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Saw some people discussed about one issue. I find it interesting, so I just want to post it here. They mentioned that most level 5 espers are handicaps. The evidence is below:

Misaka: Why do you have stars in your eyes?! Shoujo Manga?
Shokuhou: How rude! Didn't you learn not to laugh about other people's body part?



They also talked about the real life star shaped eyes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/08/star-shaped-cataract-austrian-man_n_3037334.html
[IMG]Some people have stars in their eyes, but not like a 55-year-old man in Austria, who actually developed a cataract in his eye in the shape of a star. The patient initially saw a doctor because his vision deteriorated after being punched in the eye nine months earlier. Doctors took a close look and discovered the he'd developed a multi-pointed cataract in the punched peeper, NBCNews.com reported.[/IMG]
__________________
流麗のヒステリア Hysteria of flowing beautifully
三つ腕のリヒティ Lichty of three arms
重剣のクロエ Chloe of giant sword
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lut馗ia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
GundamZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-08, 22:48   Link #36
kagato3
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
Etzali remove it after mastering the Grimorie. The difference between how Etzali did it and how Touma's IB would have done it is how a surgeon works and how a butcher works.
It also left her hospitalized for months and if I remember correctly under the care of the frog faced doc. and you know its bad if it takes months for him to heal someone.
__________________
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
click to play
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-09, 08:29   Link #37
Marina2
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Is it possible that Shinobu's [Shity llife] is how AC force her to be a part of Misaka worst project?
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic44739_1.gif
Marina2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-09, 09:08   Link #38
dniv
I知 sorry, Kamijou-san!!
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: California
Briefly: she might have helped stop the project. We hear there were multiple heroes out there in the world. She might have had a hand in addition to Accel-san.


Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
It also left her hospitalized for months and if I remember correctly under the care of the frog faced doc. and you know its bad if it takes months for him to heal someone.
You know: it seems like he's the only doctor worth going to in all of academy city...

Lucky district #7: Touma (lol) no wonder that's where he lives.

Everyone's starting to go to him... I wonder whether or not he will tell Touma or the others the truth eventually and break the hippocratic code... He's so involved in the dark side of Academy City...

But, he's probably putting a certain one of his patients in danger if he reveals his whereabouts/plans... so he can't do it because of his darned hippocratic code...

Also, he probably wouldn't be allowed to treat anyone anymore or have influence if he spilled any information...

Spoiler for extensive list of people that Heaven's Canceller knows:


Darn it: if only he talked... Things would then get interesting.

I mean when Accelerator accused Heaven Canceller of being only a doctor and not knowing anything about the darkness of Academy City.

He even told Accelerator:

Spoiler for great response that confirms what generally what he's seen (no specifics):


He also said this and this was kind of creepy:
Spoiler for how good he is at curing people:


Heaven Canceller/ the frog faced doctor: he might have been at the researchers' meeting with Gensei or might be keeping tabs on him (Misaka 10032 is one of his former patients after all). That means he has incurred Heaven Canceller's wrath as soon as he finds out. I was kind of wondering why Mikoto went to his hospital, but didn't end up looking for him. I think he might have gotten wind of what was happening from this. (Strong possiblity).

I believe he's going to come in near the end of this arc and beat the darkness of AC up and Gensei. That would be really nice. Say Dolly is still alive or something, I'm sure Heaven Canceller can cure her...

I think he'll be involved because at the end of Daihasesai (Index) he called Touma to pass on a message that "someone" will have the punishment game with him when he gets back. So Mikoto probably sees the doctor at some point during this arc, but we haven't seen that happen yet.

Maybe he restores Saten, Kuroko, Uiharu's memories? I mean he knows both Shirai and Mikoto and would be able to testify about it when it was over...

I also just realized:

Even if Saten finds out Touma is Kamijou Touma and sees his negation powers, she might not connect it ever to Mikoto because of the fact that she doesn't remember Mikoto... awww....
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-15, 19:42   Link #39
dniv
I知 sorry, Kamijou-san!!
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: California
I am going to double-post here because my last post is already way too long and was from a long time ago (relatively)... I apologize in advance for this... but this couldn't go in the Railgun S episode 10 evaluation and anyone interested in this can read it here:
__________________________________________________ ______________

Furthermore: about whether profit was a good interpretation by J.C. staff about the rank of level 5's. We should wait for funimation's subtitles on Sunday to get a second opinion on that. If they say the same thing, then I'll agree that it's fine... but I'm not actually sure until I see their subtitles. In terms of profit, hiring people to work as mercenaries because of their strength would apply here right? Having Accelerator, who could probably take on a whole army by himself from what we have seen so far, is worth a lot of money. (if you think about it, the sisters also aren't profit from Mikoto). Mugino said that Mikoto was #3 without even thinking about the Sisters. (The sisters even describe themselves as being cheap units as we saw in episode 6). The profits made from Mikoto most likely have to do with studying the effects of electricity in some way...

The profits of Mugino or of any other level are studying the effects of her ability on other things. If you think about it, the powers of the level 5's involve applying particular scientific vectors to physical phenomena and causing "crazy results." This is of course why Accelerator seems to be #1 because he can control any vector. The idea is surely that if AC can create tools that can reproduce the effects of these powers, they would make a genuine profit. (how else would they actually make a profit?)... This is just being reasonable... If you think about it, being more powerful as an esper sometimes means that it might take more energy to use your attack. If the trade-off works for an esper, but not for AC, they won't make that Esper level 5... (Rikou who gets tired easily from using her power even while using Body Crystal)

__________________________________________________ _______________

I was also curious for those people who thought anything about this... are the random quirks that every character has in AC just an animesque/LN thing or is it really corruption caused by AC that AIM fields are causing in people's psyches? Touma seems to be the only person who is resistant to many of the weird actions/thoughts by people in AC, and his really really weird way of acting like a normal person in comparison to other people in AC might be just because of IB. His IB makes him resistant to what AC does to other people... that's kind of how I feel... I feel like magic and esper powers corrupt the people who use them, but in the case of IB, I feel like Touma isn't affected by the corruption that magic and esper powers would normally bring. He seems immune... This is just a thought and I was curious to see what people thought...

__________________________________________________ _______________

Anyway, the civil rehabilitation act is the reason Amai Ao attacks Accelerator and tries to capture LO if no one has figure this out yet. This isn't relevant in Railgun S so I'm just bringing it to people's attention in case they were interested in that connection. The civil rehabilitation act is what makes S-processor not have to pay their supervisors such as him. I'm not sure whether or not this also applies to Kites Knockwright and might explain why he is helping Misaki: any thoughts?

Last edited by dniv; 2013-06-16 at 21:06.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-26, 21:48   Link #40
dniv
I知 sorry, Kamijou-san!!
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: California
Three posts in a row wow... anyway...

Here:

BTW: if Exterior isn't compromised at the end of the arc, maybe it would be an explanation for
Spoiler for New Testament Light Novel 7 spoiler:
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:49.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.