AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2018-12-24, 01:27   Link #2141
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

This year's Auld Lang Syne event won't be giving out this year's zodiac SR.
Old 2018-12-24, 01:36   Link #2142
Kurohane

^ Nope, just a skin, which sucks if you don't have her in the first place...
Old 2018-12-24, 09:56   Link #2143
AnimeFangirl

Both the skin and the SR are equally useless, but at least the SR gives you 50 crystals.
Old 2018-12-25, 09:49   Link #2144
frubam
singing heartbreak

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Waiting candidly for that Lyria skin though =03. Her cooking outfit, as adorable as it is, I don't like the charge attack phrase. Plus, she has boots. BOOTS! It's been years, but the dream is now alive :tears:.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-25, 13:47   Link #2145
Kurohane

Oh yeah, most of the time she's walking around barefooted.
Old 2018-12-25, 17:21   Link #2146
AnimeFangirl

Gachapin frenzy is the first time I've ever rolled a 10-draw and prayed for an SR. What a weird world we live in.
Old 2018-12-26, 01:10   Link #2147
Kurohane

I was really hoping they would rerun the 2015 & 2016 special quests as well. I mean you could choose either Anila or Andira during Auld Langxiety, but it didn't add the corresponding story to Lyria's journal. Not to mention those who missed last year's Auld Lang Syne and picked Mahira during Auld Langxiety feel cheated now.
Old 2018-12-28, 19:27   Link #2148
frubam
singing heartbreak

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
I was really hoping they would rerun the 2015 & 2016 special quests as well. I mean you could choose either Anila or Andira during Auld Langxiety, but it didn't add the corresponding story to Lyria's journal. Not to mention those who missed last year's Auld Lang Syne and picked Mahira during Auld Langxiety feel cheated now.
I read somewhere(on teh reddit I believe) that those units weren't really getting any use anyway, so not sure many people care about those units, aside for skin reasons =02.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-28, 23:29   Link #2149
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
I read somewhere(on teh reddit I believe) that those units weren't really getting any use anyway, so not sure many people care about those units, aside for skin reasons =02.
Yet they rerun last year's with the corresponding SR. While I would still want the units, what supersedes them is filling out the journal.
Old 2018-12-29, 08:31   Link #2150
Forsaken_Infinity

The decision to not hand out a SR version of doggo was terrible. If nothing else it'd have been a nice gift / morale boost for all the new players they got this month after GBF fest. Perplexing decision really but I think some of it also had to do with how they fear giving water a free 200 % samurai might make it too easy or w/e.

Akasha is such a terrible new raid because it becomes pointless to do it very fast. You do 1 week of trains and then never touch it. They need a new good drop and they should rebalance existing drops some too. The blue chest has way too much useless shit for endgame players. Remove the stupid merits. Add grain to red chest. Then maybe I will touch it again. Otherwise lizards are better for bar hunt anyway.

Really don't like how Tia Malice weapons are drop only. The best part about the buncle raids was that you were guaranteed weapons if you grinded them out. But without that trade option it's just bullshit. Sadly the weapons are good and I want them so I will do it but fucking hell.

Most frustrating bullshit though is the material they chose for FS uncap. Why the fuck pick a material that doesn't even have a quest to farm it from outside story chapter with super low droprate. Mary doesn't even collect it either. It's asinine af. 7 bones in one hour. Seriously why. I have thousands of other mats just collecting dust ...

On the positive side, really excited for Kuvira. Bow + Gun memes for light have become very real very fast. Shiva got a decent kit too so I am happy.
Old 2018-12-29, 11:30   Link #2151
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv173
*Graphic Designer

They could do a 200% ougi SR samurai for water if they really wanted to, considering what they did for Sevilbarra. Fukuhara plainly stated that SR zodiac characters weren't used by the playerbase, which isn't really surprising. They were pretty much glorified skins, and I don't think they were even useful for short and middle terms for beginners. The skin by itself is pretty much worthless for a full year for those who don't have Vajra, but at the same time, a SR Vajra would be pretty much pointless for the vast majority of the playerbase, so I'm not really surprised by that decision.

I don't exactly see the problem when it comes to Akasha considering it is an additional way to get more bars. If anything, I'm actually surprised they bothered adding another way to get a bar, moreso since it is actually a blue chest item, which gives more opportunity compared to previous cases.

Tiamat Malice weapons are quite average, so I'm not sure why you are complaining about farming them. The dagger doesn't really have much utility in a zephyr composition. At best 1 copy, that is. Meanwhile, there wasn't really any reason to go after the dark staff, and considering Fallen Sword, it is a fool's errand.

On the flip side, I'm also not sure why they gated FS last uncap process with the bones. They most likely wanted to mitigate the surge of FS for the next GW, although it is a bit pointless since those who were commited to that kind of stuff will be done by the time the GW starts.

Finally, I think it is too early to conclude about Kubira's spec and element with merely the icons alone. But then again, it doesn't really mean that much if they have no idea how to properly balance her from the get go. Meanwhile, "decent" is quite an understatement regarding Shiva. He is practically on the same caliber as Brodia/Alexiel, so yeah.
Old 2018-12-29, 16:53   Link #2152
Forsaken_Infinity

Yes, they have done 200 % SR samurais before which makes the decision not to do Dog even more perplexing. Because if there was one SR zodiac who was gonna see use, it was gonna be her lol.

I get a copy of all weapons in the game at least to try them out or for completion's sake. And both Tia weapons seem like they aren't completely worthless. The dagger would have some nice use between the ougi cap and enmity but if the datamine leaks are real then they are apparently adding a wind gisla which basically makes the weapon even less desirable. Full dagger grid with a cosmos sounds fun though. Very easy to solo UBHL with a wind doctor setup.

You're better off just doing UBHL runs for bars if you're not so strong and add PBHL if you are. The biggest reason is that they just die faster and take less work + time. But the rate is higher and host chest also has it so you can just do your host and not commit to other people's if you don't want to. You also get much more useful mats off UBHL though admittedly they all become pointless at some point.

I mvp'd 120+ Akasha last week and the only useful drop I got was a red ring. I am perfectly aware that I have much below average luck (200+ Kirin hosts 0 bars) but I have 330 keys left over after I farmed all weapons and uncap off the raid. No point in spending 1hr30 mins every day doing an annoying raid in a train. No point in single host since host chest doesn't have anything. I suspect this will be the reaction of many endgame players in due time.

The bone fiasco is just a miss on their part imo rather than intentional timegate since it's not hard, just tedious.

The timing of Akasha bow and Metera and her weapon and icons and all that are too much evidence for Kuvira not to be light imo but fair enough.

As for Shiva, he seems really strong on paper but in truth he probably won't see much use in GW. We will have to see. If they increase the defense of the boss again then maybe we will see him be ubiquitous with his kit that helps mitigate that. But otherwise the fire GW meta is going to stay "turn ougi off, mash to turn 10 and burst the boss out" and Shiva doesn't have room there over Therese Metera (Esser last slot) because he doesn't have the easy echoes and his ramp up requires Ougis which eat time like crazy. It's just like with Sheep. Strong players (Agni or even Colo players on good ping) didn't actually run her despite her broken kit because Fire's burst setup is optimal. I will definitely try him of course, but I have my doubts he will be core. Outside of GW I don't use fire much anyway but the same rationale applies to PBHL racing. At least that raid doesn't end in turn 10 so he's more likely to make the cut there.

Last edited by Forsaken_Infinity; 2018-12-29 at 17:04.
Forsaken_Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-29, 19:31   Link #2153
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

As some one who had multiple ring drop from blue chest, Akasha HL is like a god sent raid to me.
Do not speak ill of the raid only because you have bad luck. If this is your reason, any raid can be crap because bad luck can potentially happen to anyone.
I am pretty much doing Akasha none stop recently just to farm the rings.
Definitely a much better choice over The Order Grande.

Shiva? He's main use is inflated first turn damage with ability2+omega weapon's normal attack cap up.
And then in both ULBH HL and Akasha HL for fire mains. His ability 2 almost function likes a substitute for Seraphic Weapons on off element boss. He also has good synergy with 10 on the ability 4 in long fights where Therese wouldn't last.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-29, 22:41   Link #2154
Forsaken_Infinity

I don't mind doing content with bad luck just for the heck of it. After all every beasts cycle I still farm double digit seals at minimum despite having received nothing from them.

It wasn't so much the bad luck but the effort + time versus the reward that I think makes Akasha a forgettable raid for endgame players once you farm the weapons. Akasha takes 5-6 mins in a r190/r200+ train. One off runs, now that most stronger people are done with the weapons, will start to take longer than that. You can do 2 lizards in the same time and run less risk of failure for more chests with a bar chance. Non endgame players would struggle to even hit the minimum blue honors which is pretty high.

Rings are nice, and they are pretty common in blue in Akasha apart from the intricacy ring, but rings are really just a side bonus and you get them on on your primary party as you want eventually even with extreme bad luck. After that rings are just nice to have and not the core factor to farm towards. Even with rings, blue chest just has too much trash. Removing the merits would be a nice start. I have 5k merits of each color that I don't need at all since I am done with the eternals and don't appreciate seeing half my blue chests in a 6 min long raid turn out to be more of them.

I am just saying that as far as hunting for bars goes, Akasha doesn't seem worth the effort. I have stopped at least anyway. I admit though that I am very competitive and will end up doing the most work in the raid whenever I do it so a long raid tires me out faster than it probably would if you were able to take it easy. Might run her just for kicks on weekends or something.

I do wonder if FS shifts the Akasha meta at all. I used Dirt with multiple uriel and was 400k+ honors clear MVP in r200+ trains against anyone not also doing the same. In theory Dark with a safer grid should be competitive now but I wonder in practice. I will test it once I finish uncapping the stupid swords. 1 / 4 done lol. In 6 hrs. Geez.

Last edited by Forsaken_Infinity; 2018-12-29 at 22:53.
Forsaken_Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-30, 01:08   Link #2155
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

As someone who still hasn't got a ougi cap up on my 7 and Azazel, and still no ability damage up on my Lucio. With a 9 that still has only +8% on status hit rate (aka still misses on Brodea)... I don't know how long that "eventually" is going to take.
The only thing I am concerning right is MORE RINGS and nothing else.

...A couples a day ago I used a gold ring on 9, hoping for a +10% or more on status rate.
Instead I got +2700ATK with a 10% ougi cap up.
I felt so suicidal for not trying it on 7....
Old 2018-12-30, 05:31   Link #2156
Forsaken_Infinity

Ougi cap on Nio is nice too though! It's better than status rate tbh. I would prefer that one personally anyway.

Rings are frustrating as all hell RNG yeah. My siete has ougi cap up from a freaking coronation ring. I spent like 5 red rings and over 10 lineage rings on him then got so mad that I went with all my coronations until I got a half-decent ougi cap. It's only 10 % compared to the higher values my other chars have but I will live with it for now. When I have a much larger stack of red rings I will go on another crusade for him if I feel like it.

But rings are still side things that aren't super critical and you can make do with "good enough" values. My dog has max stats and status rate + TA. I would probably prefer ougi cap but I won't spend another ring on her. I still almost never lose a race as water to another water user and the TA might actually be nice for that because she's doing work in the downturns and getting more ougi bar etc. I have many other rings like that where they're not perfect but they're close enough that I prefer to move on to next char or just sit on rings until I feel like I need things to change. As long as a char gets some good stats and at least something that makes sense for them, I will live with it.

The only chars that I found rings to be absolutely critical thus far were skill cap for Lunalu and Sarasa for GZ and Ougi dmg / high stamina for the wind SR samurais so they actually do enough damage.

Regarding that discussion about Akasha, I was randomly surfing and found this thread where people seem to have reached the same conclusion that I have: https://gran-matome.com/archives/53577

Thread is about how Akasha rooms seem to be slowing down as people "graduate" from the raid and people are commenting how the raid is pretty much 300 keys and done deal. I also see some whine about blue chest content being diluted like hell (very much agreed) and the blue chest drop cutoff being too high (disagreed with this one provided the chest removes the useless fillers). Some comments about the red chest being worthless with just the keys being in them as well.

Hopefully some of these sentiments make it to the dev team and the raid rewards see some changes. I liked the fight for what it was but I don't want to grind it for what it gives. It'd suck to see the endgame raid we got after waiting a whole year to be basically ignored a week after.
Old 2018-12-30, 16:14   Link #2157
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

One thing I want them to do though, is to let us trade the key for the shards.
I am still not done FLB the juutenshu yet. And I am sick of Dimension Hali already.
I'll be very happy if the keys become an alternative.
Old 2018-12-30, 22:27   Link #2158
Forsaken_Infinity

They won't do that but DH spawn rate is a lot better nowadays and you don't have to worry about TH because you don't do it for relic so just OTK nuke him the hell out.

Or just do more Akasha until you get the relics. I had so many extra left over from getting the eternals that it was actually possible to do that within a week lol.

Klashikari-dono, damn you for that jinx on pig. They did us a dirty and she's axe and spear ;_;

Playable Athena finally too. She doesn't look super strong but this makes fire spear team a very real and potent possibility.
Old 2018-12-30, 22:40   Link #2159
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Athena looks stupid on solo. Where she auto counters with Tetra Dogma after 5 charges.
She also has a ougi boost effect on her self to the burnt status.
In other words, after Shiva Bow gets a FLB, it is possible to run a fire ougi team with Omega Spear and fire Kengou with Ixaba.

This is going to be the water ougi spam hell all over again.
No, it might be worse with Anilla's gauge boost...
This set up also does not have water's weakness of lacking water atk up, as Athena can provide that constantly and amplified by Shiva.
Old 2018-12-31, 06:17   Link #2160
Forsaken_Infinity

That's still quite a while away thankfully and Shiva's bow didn't have a normal dmg skill to compensate. But yeah it looks like a setup that is going to rule long raids when it comes online.

I heard rumors that some players were invited to beta test new endgame raids during Cygames Fest and that the raids are apparently much harder than UBHL. Apparently scheduled for anniversary.

Event is cool btw.
Spoiler: