AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2016-08-16, 05:15   Link #341
Insaint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Se7enSword View Post
I don't like that class IV is time gated due to distinctions being available once a day -_-

Gotta wait 3 more weeks.
What class weapon you use for unlocking class IV?
Im getting damn cock blocked by weapon stones as my luck with gacha really is shit...
Insaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-17, 04:07   Link #342
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv168
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
Any waterfags are gunning for that new Fenrir bow? Still not sure whether I should add it to my pool but if it's anything like Celeste claw or Tia gun (but works when hp is full), I'll probably try to put 2 in my pool... but uh, what do you guys think?
23% damage increase in a different modifier category from ATK UP etc. It just screams "OP" on paper already. If this thing is nerfed at some point, it wouldn't be surprising.

In a magna set, 2 is optimal. In a Varuna set, 4 is the best.
Old 2016-08-17, 08:24   Link #343
Insaint

So they announced that they acknowledged wind is stronger than fire/water/earth and they plan to balance it...

Will cygame balance it properly?
Old 2016-08-17, 08:34   Link #344
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv168
*Graphic Designer

It has been known for ages and it isn't the first time someone from cygames acknowledged that. Even so, their efforts to balance things out are extremely tame. They didn't bother tweaking the guns when they had time to do so, and they still do shit when it comes to fire.

Considering their recent moves, it looks like they will just increase the powercreep with the other elements which isn't the best solution.
Old 2016-08-17, 08:52   Link #345
Tenzen12

Is fire that bad? It's my main element for now...
Old 2016-08-17, 08:59   Link #346
Insaint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Well, I main fire and have full skilled magna build, and still lost most mvp race to elements like water/wind easily in tiamat raids lol..the long time taken to cast buffs and the shit stats...yeah.

Still waiting for skill queue
Old 2016-08-17, 09:59   Link #347
Se7enSword
Swordsman Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Yes...I get out MVP'd by a 44k PWR light player in my own Zephyr EX+ lol
Or even by a wind yakuza friend, though his power was at least as much as mine, but still :/
For reference, my PWR at that time was 61k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
It has been known for ages and it isn't the first time someone from cygames acknowledged that. Even so, their efforts to balance things out are extremely tame. They didn't bother tweaking the guns when they had time to do so, and they still do shit when it comes to fire.

Considering their recent moves, it looks like they will just increase the powercreep with the other elements which isn't the best solution.
Very likely what will come to pass. I won't complain though if they actually give fire a good buff. >_>

Building Dark on the side anyway, because i like some of those characters.
Old 2016-08-17, 14:23   Link #348
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
It's a general consensus across multiple genres that people are more accepting of buffs than nerfs. I don't mind if they buff fire, water, and earth.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-17, 22:35   Link #349
Insaint

Its gona be a real pain though if they just add in new magna weapon and we have to redo the farming...
Old 2016-08-17, 23:59   Link #350
Se7enSword
Swordsman Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insaint View Post
Its gona be a real pain though if they just add in new magna weapon and we have to redo the farming...
I'm glad it won't be as much of a hassle for me if fire does get better weapons. I stopped at MLB'ing 2 sticks, so if I get something better to use, i'll feed it to my HL baha weapon for skill ups.
Old 2016-08-18, 00:07   Link #351
Insaint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Se7enSword View Post
I'm glad it won't be as much of a hassle for me if fire does get better weapons. I stopped at MLB'ing 2 sticks, so if I get something better to use, i'll feed it to my HL baha weapon for skill ups.

Oh yeah, great idea. But still dont think they can make fire will be as strong as wind lol.

And summer zoey announced, good luck to those who main dark, their wallet gona hurts.
Old 2016-08-18, 01:54   Link #352
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv168
*Graphic Designer

As I feared, the powercreep is getting absurdely real.
The most ironic point is that Summer Zoey can actually make wind even more potent because you don't need a special setup to abuse the gun enmity effect whatsoever.

If they don't nerf enmity in general, "powercreep" definition itself will be an understatement. Expect Wind and Dark domination for a very long while. If anything, Chevalier sword is a joke in comparison.
Old 2016-08-18, 06:15   Link #353
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Balancing? Haruta cs certainly think Enmity party buffer is needed... Except it broke Wind even further and now Wind Grande with Shete as main DPS looks like a very broken team lol.

The good thing is that it's pretty hard to keep parties at very low HP (or more like risky), and Conjunction's drain seems to be a 15% of max HP, which is a bit hard to be excused in HL fights.

The bad balance comes from the fact that the second skill lets you tank anything for one effing turn when you are in super critical condition that lets you reach ceilings with attack+enmity modifiers (aka the infamous Tiamat Gun party and the less broken Celeste Gloves... Except yanno, Six is glove user. And he will multi-hit. Yeeeeeaaa).

What is balance anyway.

Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-18, 13:32   Link #354
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv168
*Graphic Designer

What broke wind is the actual number of buffs that lead to completely stupid numbers. Having just Siete and the Guns don't make Wind stupidly strong (albeit it would be strong already). It is the combination of ATK UP buffs, Elemental UP buff + Korwa and/or Anchira + Siete + Gun.

The invulnerability will very rarely be used for "critical condition" safe button considering its huge cooldown (and that would be impractical for HL anyway), and you aren't exactly invulnerable as mere dots still kill you.
The real problem is the fact that it immediately trigger every enmity stuff you have. Forget about Celeste claw, it is Hades + Gisla that make the whole mess silly, even moreso when Dark Sarunan doesn't have any damage cap on his nuke.
Old 2016-08-18, 17:38   Link #355
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Hades+Gisla should be the least of our concerns, really.
Not everyone has to money to come up with a full set to maximize it.

But dark Saru... I actually kinda how his nuke are super ridiculous now as anything that can make Chevalier raids, be it Magna or HL, shorter is always a plus.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-21, 05:06   Link #356
Se7enSword
Swordsman Extraordinaire

gematsu.com/2016/08/cygames-platinum-games-announce-action-rpg-granblue-fantasy-project-re-link

Haven't seen anyone mention this yet.
Old 2016-08-21, 05:30   Link #357
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv168
*Graphic Designer

It has been barely announced barely 1h ago you know.
Nothing much to say as they only have shown a trailer of a game with a 10% progress. I just hope they will do something with the visuals because the texture looks quite rough.
Old 2016-08-21, 06:54   Link #358
Vigo
too lazy to post

Platinum? Meh.

Hopefully Cygames gives them enough time and budget. I don't want this to be another Platinum rush job.
Vigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-21, 08:58   Link #359
com_gwp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigo View Post
Platinum? Meh.

Hopefully Cygames gives them enough time and budget. I don't want this to be another Platinum rush job.
Ah, the times when Platinum was a certified stamp of quality. How things have changed since.

Now we have to see if they aren't just phoning it in for their electric bill. (Even with that said, Scalebound looks painfully mediocre.)
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-21, 12:28   Link #360
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by com_gwp View Post
Ah, the times when Platinum was a certified stamp of quality. How things have changed since.

Now we have to see if they aren't just phoning it in for their electric bill. (Even with that said, Scalebound looks painfully mediocre.)
Platinum has always been the hired mercenaries of the gaming industry. They do what they're paid to do.

They have never been a multimillion/billion AAA developers like Square is doing with FFXV. Even with the first Bayonetta, you can see when they cut corners, like the limited cast, the recycling of environments, enemies, still shot cutscenes, etc.

The only thing that sets their best games apart from the licensed, "phoned in" ones is the creative style and vision of their directors (which may not necessarily be a Platinum director).

For example, Scalebound may have Kamiya on board, but the game's distinctly Western aesthetic designed to appeal to the Xbox, Call of Duty casual audience alienates those who love Kamiya's other games.

... Actually, now that I look at the staff names, Fukuhara is directing the game instead of a Platinum director. While I'm sure the game will run well from a technical standpoint since Platinum has skilled workers, the game will probably lack the creative vision that made Bayonetta great

Last edited by Shadow5YA; 2016-08-21 at 12:39.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote