AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index - Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 18 30.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 26.67%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 20.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 16.67%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.67%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 3.33%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.67%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-11-30, 22:57   Link #41
Haruyasha
名前は?
*Scanlator

When Izzard bent over and thought about losing power, wouldn't Touma's arm reattach too? (Since the cause of it was through Izzard's power.)

Or is getting an arm chopped off by a flying blade different from getting your skin peeled off?

And on another note, I really liked the part where:
Touma and Stiyl start laughing, but when Izzard starts laughing, everyone just looks at him with a :| face.
Haruyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-30, 23:27   Link #42
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruyasha View Post
When Izzard bent over and thought about losing power, wouldn't Touma's arm reattach too? (Since the cause of it was through Izzard's power.)

Or is getting an arm chopped off by a flying blade different from getting your skin peeled off?

I think I know why; Izzard directly commanded Stiyl to be ripped apart, while for Touma, he just called for the weapon to fire, he didn't specifically state what he wanted to happen, so even if Ars Magna got dispelled, it would only dispell the blade that he created and fired, not it's effect.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-30, 23:33   Link #43
Garet Jax

It seems a bit inconsistent. Heck, what about the building getting smashed in episode 8 by the Gregorio Choir knight blast? Wouldn't that have happened again when Izzard lost his power, going by this theory of him having to maintain the thought? Is there some kind of time limit? Something else I'm missing? (Probably. )
Garet Jax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-30, 23:34   Link #44
NakedAngelX

Good fight scene, the dragon at the end was awesome

However it didn't make sense how Touma could've won.... he said whatever the guy think happens, then it's even easier for him to kill them all.... wut's up with that, bad plot.

Spoiler for Bad langauge:
Old 2008-11-30, 23:45   Link #45
Bordix

Epic battle , I never thought that was the real power of ars magna, that power has it's ups and downs.I liked how Touma was laughing like a maniac while approaching Izzard and loved the gore
Old 2008-11-30, 23:45   Link #46
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by NakedAngelX View Post
However it didn't make sense how Touma could've won.... he said whatever the guy think happens, then it's even easier for him to kill them all.... wut's up with that, bad plot.
Yes, but he was also laughing like mad with blood spilling out of his fresh stump. That's enough to unnerve someone no matter their power.

Quote:
Spoiler for Bad langauge:
I like Biri Biri but I still think your vehemence is misplaced...
Old 2008-11-30, 23:45   Link #47
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garet Jax View Post
It seems a bit inconsistent. Heck, what about the building getting smashed in episode 8 by the Gregorio Choir knight blast? Wouldn't that have happened again when Izzard lost his power, going by this theory of him having to maintain the thought? Is there some kind of time limit? Something else I'm missing? (Probably. )
Mah~ Another possibility is at the very moment that he thought of himself losing power, his mind began to wander and thought that Stiyl would return back to normal because he lost his power, he tried to stop himself with "Wait, don't think that!" but his powers has already process it.

Quote:
Good fight scene, the dragon at the end was awesome

Sigh, tsk tsk...

Why do you think he needed those needles in the first place? Because his Ars Magna can only work with clear Coherent thoughts, he uses the pain to help him focus, he needs to picture exactly what happens.

So what do you think happens when he panics or gets angry? He can't focus properly, hence his ability doesn't work as well.

This is different from just using words, it's a double-edge sword.

But to begin with, Touma has one up on him because of his Imagine Breaker.
Old 2008-11-30, 23:58   Link #48
Bathory Area
Jigoku Shoujo

J.C.staff knows how to make a series look pretty good and this show is growing on
me. Touma is not a bad lead character , though he could get all shounen-hero on us real fast.If you wish awesome action scenes from Nanoha or Shana,you will get it here.
Bathory Area is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-01, 00:05   Link #49
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garet Jax View Post
You're not missing anything... It is conveniently inconsistent. Well, that's Toaru Majutsu no Index.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Why do you think he needed those needles in the first place? Because his Ars Magna can only work with clear Coherent thoughts, he uses the pain to help him focus, he needs to picture exactly what happens.
Incorrect, but so close yet so far...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-01, 00:15   Link #50
Sin Ansem
With this I'm Invincible!

Send a message via AIM to Sin Ansem Send a message via MSN to Sin Ansem
Meh, and here I was looking forward to a few antics between Aisa and Index staying at Touma's place. Shame nothing occurs beyond that point.

I Am Negima!?, and SO CAN YOU!
Part the First
Part the Second
Abandon Sanity, all ye who read here
Sin Ansem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-01, 00:19   Link #51
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post

Incorrect, but so close yet so far...
Well, that's the explaination that Stiyl hinted in the hospital scene as well as what Touma had mentioned when he was scaring Izzard, and it seems to fit the situation nicely.

So I'll go for it.
Old 2008-12-01, 00:57   Link #52
tshengchao

I made a forum account just to poke at this anime so here I go ~

Spoiler for Scene:
tshengchao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-01, 01:26   Link #53
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Sigh... out of the three pillars that make up any series, the cornerstone of characters and plot seem to be crumbling under their own weight with only a couple of well developed characters and a bunch of use and dispose supporting ones, coupled with a instantaneous/micro wave plot that keeps throwing new elements out of nowhere. So I'll just cling to the sole saving factor/remaining pillar this series has left for me: the setting, which is one of the most original I have seen in some time. At least it's good for fanfiction.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-01, 01:38   Link #54
Oxtail

Ok, is it just me or is there something a little wrong with Index being moved around every year to a grown man who happens to develop really STRONG feelings for her? How many years has she been having her memory wiped and how many grown men have taken care of her? I dunno, it just seems kinda creepy and gross.
Oxtail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-01, 01:39   Link #55
tshengchao

I can't help find faults with this anime so.. sue me.

Spoiler for Episode:
tshengchao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-01, 02:04   Link #56
arkxkra
全力全開

the episode not bad, but the enemy (the alchemist) abit too easy for Touma, imagine is everything I guess lol.

Touma alway injured, now is hand gone, but lucky stll can heal back, or else, the imagine breaker no more.

look forward to next episode.
Old 2008-12-01, 02:28   Link #57
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

i like the doctor, i think his real reason for being a doctor is because
Spoiler for advantage of being a doctor:

i think deep down touma is like that too
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-01, 02:42   Link #58
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I guess... Izzard couldn't imagine ripping those out ?
Personally I don't even want to imagine it . Imagining someone's skin getting ripped off is pretty damn disturbing to begin with. Maybe inaccurate understanding of physiology lead to it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
i like the doctor, i think his real reason for being a doctor is because
Spoiler for advantage of being a doctor:

i think deep down touma is like that too
Well don't think Touma is complaining about the motivations at the end of the day . The results trump all motivations. Still has to be one heck of a fetish that made the guy go through all it takes to become a doctor for that reason alone.
Old 2008-12-01, 06:56   Link #59
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

I think Touma's power is channeled through his right hand, not that it exists in his right hand.

Cutting off his right arm gives it a larger surface area and thus the ability to conduct his Imagine Breaker even more (i.e AOE effect around the body part), or else he would just have been slaughtered by the blades already before he even uses psychological warfare.

Regarding Aurelous, I thought only Suzumiya Haruhi had that kind of power.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-01, 07:38   Link #60
crimmy88

Even if Izzard used the Ars Magna to save Index, I dont think he couldve done it because he wasnt aware that there was no limit.

As for Izzard not thinking of thinking of that though, i'll pass it off and say to myself that the simplest solutions are often overlooked.
crimmy88 is offline   Reply With Quote