AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-07-21, 02:09   Link #201
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Not alot of people here follow the Light novel it seems.

Funny thing is, of all the Light Novel that became super popular after their Anime aired, Baka Test seem to be the odd one out in the sense that... Well... Just look at the miserable number of posts this thread has

It's just not generating the same level of interest. Haruhi, Index, Durarara, OreImo, Monogatari and... IS (>.>) all have crazy numbers when they got their Anime
Well, maybe the fact that this is pure comedy may have something to do with it. Haruhi, Index, Monogatari and Durarara has a unique setting and intricate plot that can be explored, Ore Imo is mostly normal but there's a lot of posts just about the Kirino controversy and bit of a shipping war. Even IS has posts about the mecha and stuff, most of it is Charlotte though.

Problem with Baka Test so far is that it doesn't really offer something new or fresh. The first time there's a lot of talk about the jokes about how Hideyoshi is Hideyoshi, or Shouko tasering or Himeji cooking, but right now we've already talked about it plenty. That's my problem with the last two episodes actually, it's like I've seen the jokes before so it got kinda old, I'm hoping it will change when we get back to school. The refreshing part was just Aiko.
Old 2011-07-21, 05:20   Link #202
Essa Maneira
Tsukiko! ♥

i want the school setting just like the first season they have....
its more comedy and fighting there...

HALA MADRID!
Essa Maneira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-21, 06:16   Link #203
Pachael
原作通り

It's fine, more of the same is fine.
Pachael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-21, 09:02   Link #204
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post
Well, maybe the fact that this is pure comedy may have something to do with it. Haruhi, Index, Monogatari and Durarara has a unique setting and intricate plot that can be explored, Ore Imo is mostly normal but there's a lot of posts just about the Kirino controversy and bit of a shipping war. Even IS has posts about the mecha and stuff, most of it is Charlotte though.

Problem with Baka Test so far is that it doesn't really offer something new or fresh. The first time there's a lot of talk about the jokes about how Hideyoshi is Hideyoshi, or Shouko tasering or Himeji cooking, but right now we've already talked about it plenty. That's my problem with the last two episodes actually, it's like I've seen the jokes before so it got kinda old, I'm hoping it will change when we get back to school. The refreshing part was just Aiko.
Indeed, it's not surprising BakaTest is less popular than all those other Light Novel series considering it's only comedy, but I am still a bit puzzled by the decrease in posting here. This might have to with the lack of novelty as you said. Even I have to admit there isn't a lot to discuss so far, since it's just been more of the same. Still, I would have thought more people would have commented on the first episode at least.

In BakaTest's case, more of the same is fine by me, I haven't tired of the jokes yet. Hell, I could watch an entire episode about Shouko tasing people.
Old 2011-07-21, 10:20   Link #205
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

-We have a story about everyone freaking out when Himeji and Akira started a blackpot.
-We have a story about everyone summoning their summoned beasts that can depict their own thoughts.
-And most impressively to me, we have an entire volume of class F + Shouko chasing after Akihisa and Yuuji.

The jokes start to diversify in later volumes, but one thing that has never changed is crossdressing...
Hell_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-21, 11:32   Link #206
Midonin
Last Engage

Well, speak of the devil.

Funi finally got the first two episodes up today.

Capsule Capsule Review

That's the thing I like about Shaft and the pseudo-Shaft style of Shin Oonuma. Come the second/third/whatever season, it picks right up where things left off. If it weren't for the change in OP and ED, the style and everything else carries over flawlessly from where we last left off. And with the first episodes forming a sort of vacation mini-arc, watching them back to back (accounting for a break in the middle of the beginning of episode 2) was a good idea. The yukata contest was the standout. The universe always makes things go right when it would be perfect for them to go wrong.

Last edited by Midonin; 2011-07-21 at 13:50.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-21, 14:27   Link #207
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

At least we get some twin interaction this time. xD

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-21, 21:07   Link #208
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator

I like that they finally got to the flashback story. Could have done without the fuzzy black haloing.
Decagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-22, 05:33   Link #209
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Can.....can I take Hideyoshi home?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-22, 10:49   Link #210
JaLooNz
Longtime Member

Spoiler for episode 3:
This episode is really funny...
JaLooNz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-22, 12:17   Link #211
blitz1/2

I can't tell if Yuuko is getting dere towards Yoshi or to Hideyoshi (personally, I'd prefer towards her twin, so maybe we can get some HOT twincest)

Old 2011-07-22, 12:23   Link #212
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Yuri twincest? That would be...oh wait...what?
Old 2011-07-22, 19:39   Link #213
ion475
にこにこにー

Quote:
Not alot of people here follow the Light novel it seems.

Funny thing is, of all the Light Novel that became super popular after their Anime aired, Baka Test seem to be the odd one out in the sense that... Well... Just look at the miserable number of posts this thread has
It have to due more to 1st Season totally diverging from the novel...the novel itself is super-popular even before the anime (It's also one of the best selling LN out there...)

But since the anime is completely original, it just makes people stop caring...

For the novel itself - it's just that for English speaking people, you can't easily find translated version...(Japanese text can be find with some effort on Google search...there's Chinese translations but not many people can read that...)

On episode 3 - Well, 1st part I just keep on laughing and laughing and laughing. That IS some crazy voice-acting by Emiri Kato...2nd part is long due, explaining the backstory behind Hazuki and Akihisa (And to lesser extent, the beginning of feelings for Minami and Himeji).
ion475 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-22, 21:44   Link #214
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
I can't tell if Yuuko is getting dere towards Yoshi or to Hideyoshi (personally, I'd prefer towards her twin, so maybe we can get some HOT twincest)
That is so immoral! We don't need another Yosuga no Sora here!

Nvm. I cast my vote in support of twincest.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-22, 22:53   Link #215
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
That is so immoral! We don't need another Yosuga no Sora here!

Nvm. I cast my vote in support of twincest.
start being Hidesexual today!
Old 2011-07-22, 23:10   Link #216
Peanutbutter

Now, will that be twincest or playing with yourself?

Nice VA work there from Katou Emiri there.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-22, 23:41   Link #217
blitz1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter003 View Post
Now, will that be twincest or playing with yourself?

Nice VA work there from Katou Emiri there.
It's twincest to the audience but playing with herself for Katou Emiri. xD

Speaking of the twincest pairing, I think the HideYuuko pairing is actually the predominant pairing in terms in ff for fanfiction.net, even if they are oneshots. I may even write one in the future.

Old 2011-07-23, 02:22   Link #218
ironchapman

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
FUNimation did. The first season is due out next month (though early shipments are already being received, I believe), and the second season was announced as being licensed (including OVAs) a few weeks ago. I think it was at AnimeExpo, but I can't recall for sure.
I bought my copy of the first season yesterday. I'm hoping Funi starts streaming this season soon.

Shouko is still my favorite girl here (and one of my favorite characters period), but this show needs more Aiko--kinda nice to have a non-psycho girl in this bunch.
Old 2011-07-23, 03:13   Link #219
larethian

guys, enough of your delusions, this is a gag series. wake up.

and like what ion475 said, I actually don't really care much, and never watch it fresh since they have their original development sewed with some jokes from the series, and they have to take subject matter from the .5 volumes. they should really just do this properly. my favorite parts in the series is always Yuuji and Akihisa betraying each other and the Shouko yandere.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-23, 03:38   Link #220
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
Originally Posted by ion475 View Post
It have to due more to 1st Season totally diverging from the novel...the novel itself is super-popular even before the anime (It's also one of the best selling LN out there...)

But since the anime is completely original, it just makes people stop caring...

For the novel itself - it's just that for English speaking people, you can't easily find translated version...(Japanese text can be find with some effort on Google search...there's Chinese translations but not many people can read that...)

On episode 3 - Well, 1st part I just keep on laughing and laughing and laughing. That IS some crazy voice-acting by Emiri Kato...2nd part is long due, explaining the backstory behind Hazuki and Akihisa (And to lesser extent, the beginning of feelings for Minami and Himeji).
Well, kind of. Ep 1-2 were roughly based on vol 1. 3-5 were filler, 6-7 were from Vol 3.5, 8 was filler, 9 was vol. 5, 10-11 was back to vol. 1 (sort of), and the rest are all filler. OVA episodes were roughly based on Vol 2. And I haven't watched the second season yet...

A bit of a spoiler here:

Spoiler for Yuuko:
Hell_ping is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, fantasy, light novel adaptation, romance, shounen