AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2013-05-13, 14:22   Link #541
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
In the end, a lot of these things boil down to "it depends". In general, when something is taken for granted and we are "supposed" to accept whatever the screen tosses at us that complaints such as in this thread occur.

And Ano Hana did it very well.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-13, 14:22   Link #542
Dwalin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
Well, for me, it really depends on the situation....

Spoiler for Annoying childhood friend is annoying in this manga:

Now I find this type of character incredibly unlikable and pathetic to boot. Such clinginess is so childish....you can compare it to a kindergartener who won't give up his security blanket.
I personally wouldn't like such a pairing, but mostly for the reason they are cousins. Incest sucks.
Dwalin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-13, 16:19   Link #543
Eragon
Still Alive

Clingy characters...is that a cliche? Anyhow, they piss me off unless they are useful and not just cling be a nuisance - Kagome is the worst offender. Or maybe I just hate her on principle.

this is a bait for Chibi probably :P
Old 2013-05-13, 20:14   Link #544
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwalin View Post
I personally wouldn't like such a pairing, but mostly for the reason they are cousins. Incest sucks.

Incest DOES suck. Now Japan doesn't consider cousins to be incest. But there is actually NO good reason these particular two I speak of should be together. He's bad for her and she's terrible for him. It's just a horrible, bad bad ship.

Quote:
Clingy characters...is that a cliche?
More of a trope, really. Clingy Jealous Girl.
Old 2013-05-13, 20:35   Link #545
Dwalin

Quote:
Incest DOES suck. Now Japan doesn't consider cousins to be incest. But there is actually NO good reason these particular two I speak of should be together. He's bad for her and she's terrible for him. It's just a horrible, bad bad ship.
Maybe this case is really bad, I don't dispute that, as I haven't read the manga.
But are you sure they don't consider cousin marriage to be incest? I remember there was a married couple of cousins in one of the "Detective Conan" cases and they were looked upon as strange, the main characters were surprised they were allowed to marry.
Old 2013-05-13, 20:52   Link #546
Chiibi

Quote:
But are you sure they don't consider cousin marriage to be incest? I remember there was a married couple of cousins in one of the "Detective Conan" cases and they were looked upon as strange, the main characters were surprised they were allowed to marry.
Quite certain. I looked up Japanese marriage laws a while ago...because of all these manga with these 'odd' situations...I wanted to see what was true and what wasn't.

Want to know something even odder?

Step-siblings are permitted to marry too! Aha, all these shoujo manga with the heroine falling in love with her 'new brother' finally start to make sense.
Old 2013-05-13, 21:00   Link #547
Dwalin

Quote:
Want to know something even odder?

Step-siblings are permitted to marry too! Aha, all these shoujo manga with the heroine falling in love with her 'new brother' finally start to make sense.
Then the weirdest thing isn't even why are they allowed to marry, but why would they WANT to. Unless they know from the beginning they aren't related (step-sibling is another child adopted in the same family? It's not a sibling sharing one parent? Sorry, English isn't my mother language).
Old 2013-05-13, 21:03   Link #548
Chiibi

Quote:
Then the weirdest thing isn't even why are they allowed to marry, but why would they WANT to.
Well, if you think about it, if a teenage girl's parents suddenly got divorced and her mom remarried a man with a super handsome son the same age as the girl.....it doesn't leave to much to the imagination....does it? At the peak of adolescence, they may become attracted to each other with the mindset of "girl and boy of same age" instead of "brother and sister now".
Old 2013-05-13, 21:03   Link #549
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Indeed:
Old 2013-05-13, 21:05   Link #550
Dwalin

Quote:
Well, if you think about it, if a teenage girl's parents suddenly got divorced and her mom remarried a man with a super handsome son the same age as the girl.....it doesn't leave to much to the imagination....does it?
Sorry, I just initially didn't get the word "step-sibling". I thought it was someone who shares one of the parents. English isn't my mother language.
Old 2013-05-13, 21:11   Link #551
Chiibi

Quote:
Sorry, I just initially didn't get the word "step-sibling". I thought it was someone who shares one of the parents. English isn't my mother language.
Oh! Yeah, I should have been clearer on that. Sorry.

"Step-sibling only by marriage". In other words, only a step-brother and sister with two different biological parents each could marry.
Thank god, right?
Old 2013-05-13, 21:17   Link #552
Dwalin

Quote:
Thank god, right?
Yeah, I agree. However, in many visual novels (maybe anime too, I don't know) they even allow incest between real siblings. Another weirdest thing ever in Japanese fiction is that disgusting tentacle rape. Apart from it being disgusting, I REALLY don't get it WHY would a monster with tentacles want to do it to a human. Being a monster, humans should seem to him as disgusting as he seems to them. When I was a child, I never got it why in fairy tales some dragons fall in love with kidnapped princesses when there are females of their own species available
Old 2013-05-13, 21:30   Link #553
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Being a monster, humans should seem to him as disgusting as he seems to them. When I was a child, I never got it why in fairy tales some dragons fall in love with kidnapped princesses when there are females of their own species available
I also find it strange. For example, I don’t understand why Inuyasha’s mom would want to get-it-on with a giant dog (yes, his human-form is an absolute bishounen, but that’s not his true form -_-) and bore a kid like Inuyasha as a result . But those kind of "bestial stories" already exist since ancient times. For example, in my country, there’s a folk-tale about a beautiful woman who breed with a dog (the dog being a reincarnation of a god IIRC). The son that resulted from that copulation is the Hero of the story (kinda like Inuyasha). And I’m sure Japan and many other cultures also have this kind of stories. Is it some kind of fetish from people of the past?
Old 2013-05-13, 22:36   Link #554
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
there’s a folk-tale about a beautiful woman who breed with a dog (the dog being a reincarnation of a god IIRC).
I read a Chinese folk-tale on how the Vietnamese came to be..... Kinda racist IMHO.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-15, 18:48   Link #555
darkofficer
just a devil

what is it: first girl wins

offender:mostley:love hina

notable exceptions:harem/comedy animes

what makes it populair: i wish i know

also about the dense guy part some guys have a reason for it

some i know: issei( HSDXD) killed by his ex-girlfriend caused some trauma
darkofficer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-15, 19:24   Link #556
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

I don’t like how many (male) snipers are skirt-chasers and really like to pick up girls almost whenever and wherever like there's no tomorrow .

Some proofs:
Kurz Weber (Full Metal Panic!)
Lockon Stratos/Lyle Dylandy (the least example, but he still has flirt-y personality)(Gundam 00 second season)
Mikhail Blanc (Macross Frontier)
Ataru Suruga (Majestic Prince)
and some more that I can’t recall right now
Old 2013-05-15, 20:29   Link #557
backbone
Banned

Quote:
Yeah, I agree. However, in many visual novels (maybe anime too, I don't know) they even allow incest between real siblings. Another weirdest thing ever in Japanese fiction is that disgusting tentacle rape. Apart from it being disgusting, I REALLY don't get it WHY would a monster with tentacles want to do it to a human. Being a monster, humans should seem to him as disgusting as he seems to them. When I was a child, I never got it why in fairy tales some dragons fall in love with kidnapped princesses when there are females of their own species available
You'd better stay away from nukige then. Because tentacle rape, bestiality, and any other disgusting stuffs are typically only prevalent in nukige and not normal VN
backbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-15, 21:30   Link #558
Chiibi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I also find it strange. For example, I don’t understand why Inuyasha’s mom would want to get-it-on with a giant dog (yes, his human-form is an absolute bishounen, but that’s not his true form -_-) and bore a kid like Inuyasha as a result . But those kind of "bestial stories" already exist since ancient times. For example, in my country, there’s a folk-tale about a beautiful woman who breed with a dog (the dog being a reincarnation of a god IIRC). The son that resulted from that copulation is the Hero of the story (kinda like Inuyasha). And I’m sure Japan and many other cultures also have this kind of stories. Is it some kind of fetish from people of the past?

I hate the tentacle thing too....but I think I can understand this inter-species thing.

If you think about it, bestiality is perceived as "wrong" because the animal is on a much lower level than you, emotionally and mentally and has no free will so a *cough* relationship with an animal is perceived as "abuse" and "perverse", the same way a relationship between a young child and an adult is perceived as "abuse" and "perverse".

BUT.
If we look at these legends, i.e. Inuyasha's example: the dog demon that was his father was obviously an intelligent being and able to connect with his human mother. The main problem is no longer there.

I mean, why did everyone not only accept but LOVE Beauty and The Beast? On a biological/technical level, it should be considered bestiality because Beast IS still an animal, physically. But it's not because he has a human mind and heart.

I think these legends work the same way, perhaps?

Oh and the tentacle thing DOES have an (albeit) nasty explanation though:
Spoiler for "Ew?:
Old 2013-05-17, 23:22   Link #559
Reek of Blood
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to Reek of Blood
Relatable characters. Oh my freaking God i do really despise them. They're usually whiny, wimpy, annoying, naive, stupid, and will not take noteworthy action unless it's the very very last episode, which is just irritating to watch. And they're plaguing many shows that otherwise would be freaking anjoyable without them.

Perfect examples : Shiro Emiya from Fate/Stay Night, Shu Ouma from Guilty Crown (yeah, i know GC is trash, but he's what pissed me off the most), and recently, Haruto from Valvrave.

Disclaimer : Projecting myself into the protagonist's shoes ain't my thing. I'd rather watch shows with full of interesting characters, rather than the ones being plagued by a single hiccup with "relatable" excuse.
Reek of Blood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 13:23   Link #560
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Groping at first meeting because I feel this too overused in ecchi/harem series.
Ichuki is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
disscusion, manga cliche good bad